The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #51
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
What fundamentals? He needs to stop fumbling, andthere's no reason to think he won't. Otherwise his "fundamentals" are good enough to basically be the most productive receiver in the league.
I would start with sharper routes and using his superior size more often. I would like to see him fight for the ball. Maybe fundamentals isnt the right word but that is what I mean.

Last edited by Jekyll15Hyde; 10-08-2012 at 09:23 PM..
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #52
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

I think by the latter part of the season he will be generally considered a top 5 receiver.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #53
Nwp-Apap

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I think by the latter part of the season he will be generally considered a top 5 receiver.
I agree. He will certainly have the athleticism and production to match.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:20 AM   #54
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
IIRC he had a high Wonderlick score at the combine and was a leader on his college team everything I heard about his interviews was he was a bright intelligent guy..

let not be childish and call a guy dumb for trying to switch hands to the outside hand last week and this past week well name me a guy in that has carried the ball in the NFL and has not fumbled it..

Dumb and making a mistake are two different animals..
Benjarvis Green-Ellis. And he has a lot more touches than DT.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:23 AM   #55
menonite

^ BenJarvus Green-Ellis fumbled the ball 3 times in the last 2 weeks.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:25 AM   #56
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
^ BenJarvus Green-Ellis fumbled the ball 3 times in the last 2 weeks.
Did he really? Lol. He had never fumbled before and I haven't paid attention to Cincinnatti in years.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:32 AM   #57
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
I know most of you are going to say he had a couple of fumbles this season, but seriously, this kid is looking like the next superstar wide reciever in the NFL. It's only his second season being healthy and actually has a real QB throwing him the football. I can't wait to see how this kid is going to develop into the next couple of years. Great size, athleticism, speed, and big play potential.
I'm very excited about him. The fumble last week was just somehting tha thappens when you shift the ball. This weeks fumble was a greta play by the CB. He hit the **** out of the ball. At that angle he would have knocked it out of any WRs hands.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:31 AM   #58
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

I'm glad to come in here and see people have been pretty understanding of the fumble last game. DT was in a tough spot as the DB had his hands inside DT's arms just as he was trying to pull the ball in to secure it. A very tough spot and good play by the DB.

We should focus on the sick one handed grab on the sideline and then the perfect adjustment he made to the Peyton desperation ball.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:13 AM   #59
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I'm glad to come in here and see people have been pretty understanding of the fumble last game. DT was in a tough spot as the DB had his hands inside DT's arms just as he was trying to pull the ball in to secure it. A very tough spot and good play by the DB.

We should focus on the sick one handed grab on the sideline and then the perfect adjustment he made to the Peyton desperation ball.
That was an awesome catch.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #60
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Also, after 3 years in the league, Brandon Marshall had 8 fumbles. Im not saying DT will be the same player but he has the talent.
He's already better than Marshall.
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #61
cartel
Solid Starter

For the win!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That was an awesome catch.
and the one between two pats defenders over the shoulder. faster, stronger, and better hands than marshall but doesn't have the open field jukes which i loved about brandon. thomas is on pace to have the best year any receiver has had for denver. remember when people were talking about decker having a break out year, wrong, it's thomas. not impressed with decker, too soft and can't make the tough catches.
cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #62
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartel View Post
and the one between two pats defenders over the shoulder. faster, stronger, and better hands than marshall but doesn't have the open field jukes which i loved about brandon. thomas is on pace to have the best year any receiver has had for denver. remember when people were talking about decker having a break out year, wrong, it's thomas. not impressed with decker, too soft and can't make the tough catches.
Yes, Marshall is much shiftier and better at avoiding tackles. Marshall is faster than Thomas as well. He is also more refined. Thomas is bigger and sturdier. Marshall as tall as he is he takes a lot of punishment and I always worry about his health. He has held up very well though.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #63
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartel View Post
...not impressed with decker, too soft and can't make the tough catches.
Well, to be fair, his TD catch was a thing of beauty.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #64
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Yes, Marshall is much shiftier and better at avoiding tackles. Marshall is faster than Thomas as well. He is also more refined. Thomas is bigger and sturdier. Marshall as tall as he is he takes a lot of punishment and I always worry about his health. He has held up very well though.

Marshall is not faster than thomas. It is not even close either. DT is much much faster than marshall
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #65
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Marshall is not faster than thomas. It is not even close either. DT is much much faster than marshall
Yeah, DT is a burner. Marshall is a monster in the open field
Old 10-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #66
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Pardon? DT had a broken foot and has never been officially timed. The only one claiming he's sub 4.4 is his agent Who claims he ran a 4.38 before he broke his foot.

Coincidentally Marshall 's agent claims he runs 4.4 too http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports....html#comments
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #67
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Pardon? DT had a broken foot and has never been officially timed. The only one claiming he's sub 4.4 is his agent Who claims he ran a 4.38 before he broke his foot.

Coincidentally Marshall 's agent claims he runs 4.4 too http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports....html#comments

vs.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-Peyton-s-back

Not the most scientific comparison, but DT just completely pulls away from people as a runner. Marshall goes around and through people. Both effective, but the eyeball test tells me DT is faster.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #68
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

vs.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-Peyton-s-back

Not the most scientific comparison, but DT just completely pulls away from people as a runner. Marshall goes around and through people. Both effective, but the eyeball test tells me DT is faster.
If you think you can actually make a visual comparison of a 2 percent difference (at most) in speed when it's not even a side by side comparison then you're doing yourself a disservice man
Old 10-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #69
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Brandon Marshall is still a stud, no matter what the moral high-horse haters say. Legit. Hall of Fame baby.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #70
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
If you think you can actually make a visual comparison of a 2 percent difference (at most) in speed when it's not even a side by side comparison then you're doing yourself a disservice man
Doing the best I can with what we have. Otherwise it is simply a case of "Marshall is faster!"...."Nuh uh, Thomas is!"

All we have is the kind of plays they tend to make and visual comparison. Unless you want to take the "Documented" 40 times.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #71
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Did I just read lonelystar say that we can't call Demaryius dumb because of his fumbles. . . since it is childish? Quite interesting coming from the guy who calls Mike Shanahan "Tanahan" and said Elvis Dumervil would suck because has a "midget" who played for Louisville.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #72
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The kid just drips with talent. Those that are seeing it develop are enjoying the experience

Those that only see the (easily correctable) fumbles are not enjoying the experience.

Which one are you?
I like teh fumblez!
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #73
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Yeah, I wish they had these things published but I cant find them. I can almost guarantee that DT is faster than marshall. I know imo, just through watching that DT looks faster, and I swear I have seen their .40 times before, but am unable to locate them either. So who knows.

Mind you I am not saying marshall is slow or sucks, but I am very certain DT is faster.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #74
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Doing the best I can with what we have. Otherwise it is simply a case of "Marshall is faster!"...."Nuh uh, Thomas is!"

All we have is the kind of plays they tend to make and visual comparison. Unless you want to take the "Documented" 40 times.
That really is the best people can do with this argument. It's like claiming you can tell the speed difference between Chris Harris and Eric Decker (especially if you couldnt get them on the field running at the same time)

I'm not sure wtf it matters anyway... both are currently producing at really high levels. Brandon needs to stop hitting women and Thomas needs to start hitting DBs and then everybody wins.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #75
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Yeah, I wish they had these things published but I cant find them. I can almost guarantee that DT is faster than marshall. I know imo, just through watching that DT looks faster, and I swear I have seen their .40 times before, but am unable to locate them either. So who knows.

Mind you I am not saying marshall is slow or sucks, but I am very certain DT is faster.
They're not published because it never happened...