The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #26
MagicHef
Ring of Famer
 
MagicHef's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
It was over before it began.

What's funny is that you guys brought in PEYTON MANNING and you're still losing.
Absolutely. It's better to lose with bad players than with good ones.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #27
Mile High Salute
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Relax!

Win next week and we are tied for 1st with San Diego, and we would own the tiebreaker (so far). The 2nd half of the schedule is MUCH easier, boys and girls. Just gotta survive until then. KC and Oakland are tire fires, and San Diego...well, Norv is still the coach.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #28
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
It was over before it began.

What's funny is that you guys brought in PEYTON MANNING and you're still losing.
Our losses are to teams that are a combined 13-2

Yours are to teams that are a combined 14-6 including 2-3 Buffalo FFS

I wouldn't really say the two are comparable Boob.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #29
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,109

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Losses are losses.

If you guys go 8-8, COMPLETE ****ING FAILURE.

The Chiefs are expected to suck.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #30
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Losses are losses.

If you guys go 8-8, COMPLETE ****ING FAILURE.

The Chiefs are expected to suck.
The goal is to win the west. 8-8 can do that since there will be 2 teams in it at 3-13. Get into the dance and anything can happen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #31
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,871

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Losses are losses.

If you guys go 8-8, COMPLETE ****ING FAILURE.

The Chiefs are expected to suck.

Now you are getting it....
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #32
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,160

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
Win next week and we are tied for 1st with San Diego, and we would own the tiebreaker (so far). The 2nd half of the schedule is MUCH easier, boys and girls. Just gotta survive until then. KC and Oakland are tire fires, and San Diego...well, Norv is still the coach.
True, but what does a loss next week do to this team?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #33
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Losses are losses.

If you guys go 8-8, COMPLETE ****ING FAILURE.

The Chiefs are expected to suck.
Yeah true if we go 8-8, but let's be honest that isn't going to happen is it Booby? Probably the toughest part of our schedule is over, no we move on. Not like we're going to go 6-5 over our last 11 games with how light our schedule gets.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #34
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,167

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Losses are losses.

If you guys go 8-8, COMPLETE ****ING FAILURE.

The Chiefs are expected to suck.
God you have nothing better to do with your time than troll. Get a ****ing hobby already. its been years
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #35
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,486
Default

This is why the season isn't on the line next week, etc.

Brian Cushing out for the year.

Players get injured. Brady could get knocked out next week, etc.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #36
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,781

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

AmericanBroncoFan is Go Chiefs.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #37
Mile High Salute
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
True, but what does a loss next week do to this team?
I think the Broncos are going to beat San Diego next week. They have shown me more in their L's than the Chargers have shown in their W's. San Diego has beaten three horrible teams, including scraping by the Raiders when they didn't even have a long snapper. (Then look at both team's losses - the Broncos nearly coming back vs. Atl, in the Dome, despite one of Manning's worst games ever, vs. the Chargers getting absolutely crushed by the Falcons at home. Not to mention San Diego losing to an 0-4 New Orleans team, who just aren't very good.)

The Broncos have lost (although in competitive fashion) to 3 GREAT teams. Are the Broncos good enough to be Super Bowl contenders? Not right now. But are they good enough to win a weak AFC West? To quote Sarah Palin, "you betcha." Next week the Broncos will be 3-3, in first place in the AFC West, and the mood on this board will be completely different.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #38
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
I think the Broncos are going to beat San Diego next week. They have shown me more in their L's than the Chargers have shown in their W's. San Diego has beaten three horrible teams, including scraping by the Raiders when they didn't even have a long snapper. (Then look at both team's losses - the Broncos nearly coming back vs. Atl, in the Dome, despite one of Manning's worst games ever, vs. the Chargers getting absolutely crushed by the Falcons at home. Not to mention San Diego losing to an 0-4 New Orleans team, who just aren't very good.)

The Broncos have lost (although in competitive fashion) to 3 GREAT teams. Are the Broncos good enough to be Super Bowl contenders? Not right now. But are they good enough to win a weak AFC West? To quote Sarah Palin, "you betcha." Next week the Broncos will be 3-3, in first place in the AFC West, and the mood on this board will be completely different.
Chargers have no chance. They never beat Peyton.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #39
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Despite all the hype in the world, Matthews sucks and so does SD's running game.

Chargers are still a good team but AJ has givin too much away and not replaced enough in return.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #40
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,871

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

RE: OP

No it isn't
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #41
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,476

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
RE: OP

No it isn't
I think it would put us in a hole which would be difficult to climb out of. SD has an easier schedule, plus a 2 game lead (if they win) and they generally play well at the end of the year as well. At 2-4, it is a difficult proposition, especially since it appears unlikely that a wildcard would come out of the AFC West.

This is absolutely and positively a must win.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #42
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,871

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Nope, it isn't.

Be great to win it but it is not a must win.

Big win, important win? Yes.

Must win? No.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #43
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,764

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I think it would put us in a hole which would be difficult to climb out of. SD has an easier schedule, plus a 2 game lead (if they win) and they generally play well at the end of the year as well. At 2-4, it is a difficult proposition, especially since it appears unlikely that a wildcard would come out of the AFC West.

This is absolutely and positively a must win.
This.

It is damn near impossible to lose a two game lead with ten to play....Without Shanny & Cutler I mean.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #44
richpjr
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 330

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Despite all the hype in the world, Matthews sucks and so does SD's running game.

Chargers are still a good team but AJ has givin too much away and not replaced enough in return.
Mathews sucks? h... he definitely has had issues holding on to the ball, but the guy is averaging 5.1 yards per carry behind a very shaky offensive line.
richpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #45
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,360
Default

I hope the Broncos takes Mathews (and the Chargers) as lightly as a lot of posters here are...
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #46
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,764

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
I hope the Broncos takes Mathews (and the Chargers) as lightly as a lot of posters here are...
Trust me, they are. The NFL smiled on Denver when they gave them back to back bye weeks and a long weekend in SoCal.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #47
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,109

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

It's pretty awesome seeing the Donks fail, since the Chiefs are likely to be in a far better position to go get a young, talented QB in the draft.

Better hope next season Manning can save you.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #48
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
It's pretty awesome seeing the Donks fail, since the Chiefs are likely to be in a far better position to go get a young, talented QB in the draft.

Better hope next season Manning can save you.
Broncos aren't even a top 3 AFC team. As long as Brady is playing Peyton doesn't make the SB.

And then when Manning and Champ retire in 3 years, things will fall apart.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #49
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

It's going to be a close game in SD. I'm not really expecting a win, but it would be huge for Denver to be tied for first at the bye... and a much softer ten games to end the year.

SD really self-destructed at the end against NO (refs helped tho).. will be interesting to see what mentality they have coming into this game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #50
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
It's pretty awesome seeing the Donks fail, since the Chiefs are likely to be in a far better position to go get a young, talented QB in the draft.

Better hope next season Manning can save you.
What DT from LSU is good this year?
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Denver Broncos