The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: grade demaryius
A: Numbers speak for themselves 18 13.85%
B: Good so far, too many damn fumbles 73 56.15%
C: Hold on to the damn ball, D. Less drops too. 36 27.69%
D: Misleading numbers, he's the #1 WR by default 3 2.31%
F: **** DONNIE, You had one job! 0 0%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #26
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I rarely disagree with you, but here is one I definitely do. He has not played at anything but an Average level overall. He has failed to make too many plays when given plenty of chances and has not made any game changing FAVORABLE plays, while making more than few negative ones.
I don't think that is very accurate. His TD week one was key to that game. His great TD catch in the Falcon game was instrumental in getting us back in the game. He made more than one highlight catch on 3 and 4th down this past Sunday. Those are major contributions and if it weren't for the failings of others could be seen as keys to a comeback victory. I won't argue that the fumble impacted the game, but I do think it is a bit short sighted to then claim that his favorable plays had no impact.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #27
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I would all but guarantee that if we lost the Oakland game, people's tune would be different right now. I imagine most look at that fumble as "acceptable" versus the one this past week where it was extremely deflating.

I do love though that it's impossible to like the guy but be critical, Jesus Christ.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #28
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

That was a loaded poll. Of course people are going to say he needs to hold on to the ball, but he's a hell of a job.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #29
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I do love though that it's impossible to like the guy but be critical, Jesus Christ.
What makes you say that? I see people stating their opinions and then defending their positions...and in a more civil fashion than I usually expect anymore.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #30
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I would all but guarantee that if we lost the Oakland game, people's tune would be different right now. I imagine most look at that fumble as "acceptable" versus the one this past week where it was extremely deflating.

Oh so if we won the Pats game then what?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #31
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Oh so if we won the Pats game then what?
Then I am sure again people would justify it as an acceptable fumble but thanks for proving my point.

Seriously, just done posting in here. Go Broncos.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #32
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
He has not played at anything but an Average level overall. He has failed to make too many plays when given plenty of chances and has not made any game changing FAVORABLE plays, while making more than few negative ones.

That, by definition, is playing and executing at an average NFL level to this point. He does have nice numbers to this point, but those numbers have not translated to Wins and conversely he has contributed to the losses way too much.

The good here does not outweigh the bad performance wise. In fact, they cancel each other out IMHO.
I hear ya. I just think the production (2nd most receiving yards, tied for 11th most catches) outweighs enough of the mistakes to land him an above average grade. But y'all have convinced me that he probably deserves a B instead of and A! I'm probably guilty of over-weighting the most recent game where he was fantastic. I understand the demerits for the fumble in the Pats game but that was a near perfect play by the defender and I have a hard time faulting him for it very much.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #33
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Then I am sure again people would justify it as an acceptable fumble but thanks for proving my point.

Seriously, just done posting in here. Go Broncos.
He fumbled moving the ball doing the correct thing did he not against Oakland? Against the Pats the D player made a very good play on the ball. Till I see him fumble being reckless, careless, or show boating I'll let him slide.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #34
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

I went with C. However I want to add this is the 1st time he has been truly healthy with a legit QB throwing to him. His career so far has been held back by injury and deficiencies in his QB. I believe he and Decker are only scratching the surface of their abilities, but it may not be until next season When we see the potential truly become on field production.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #35
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
C because of the fumbles. An A if those fumbles were touchdowns instead. At this point he's inconsistent in his handling of the ball, and it's costing us games. If he holds onto the ball and scores a touchdown on that first drive against New England, it establishes an entirely different tone for the game, and puts pressure on them instead of vice versa. The good news is, even Rod Smith was inconsistent in his second season with the team, but as he developed, he became more and more valuable. D. Thomas has a bright future in this league.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Rod was just as frustrating with his drops and fumbles but, as we all know vastly improved. I'm sure DT can do the same but until then, a C. If he's burning the DB's there shouldn't have been one close enough to get his hand in there. Bring it back to your body dude and hold on tight!
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #36
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

I'd give him an INC, he works on the things he needs to, He'll be at least a good solid A.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #37
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Either C+ or B-.

My anger has subsided since the game, but I admit I was so pissed at the time of the Pats fumble I was quite pleased when he got laid out trying to tackle the guy that recovered it. Kind of a "serves you right" moment.

But I think the good news is he can overcome these gaffs by playing a little smarter. It's not like he's Assley Lelie who can't catch a 5 yard hitch without flopping on the ground. DT gets YAC, and that's gonna mean a few fumbles.
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #38
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I gave him an A. Fans want to dump on our best weapon on O unbelievable. I'm not wild about the fumbles either but, he is still a talent we need badly.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 10-09-2012 at 10:41 AM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #39
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I went back and forth between B and C. Those fumbles as a result of bone head lack of ball control give him a C. He'll if he just is more disciplined he is an easy A right now.
B- would be more accurate I gave him a B. Without those 2 fumbles he would be an elite WR and possibly the only thing mCd did right.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #40
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Fox has to bench DT..Fumbles the ball a lot..If he keeps doing it, manning will not throw to him.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #41
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

I'll lower from an A- to a B+, but thats it.

His drops and route running are fine, in line with other very good receivers.

The fumbles lowered the grade from an A+ to an A- and now a B+. You gotta remember, his role is to be the home run hitter and up until today they probably didn't address his fumbling issue for fear of him being more passive and not trying to take it to the house. I don't forsee any more fumbles this season for him.

He by far and away is the best receiver we have had since Rod Smith in his prime.

Marshall was good, but his character issues, drops and lack of speed put him below DT.

And before Rod Smith who was better than DT is right now? No one.

Do his fumbles need to stop? YES!

But, with Willis, FumBall, Moreno, and Decker all doing the same, I'd say this is more of a coaching issue.

Say what you will, but I will not lower the grade below B+. Anyone lower than a B is being too critical, especially considering the lack of talent we have had at the position, EVER.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #42
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Fox has to bench DT..Fumbles the ball a lot..If he keeps doing it, manning will not throw to him.
If he keeps catching 40+ yard passes Manning is going to throw to him. Both of those fumbles were 40 yard gainers. It is not like he is KM getting caught from behind by a DT and fumbling 5 yards down field.

DT can get open and make tough catches, the Oakland fumble was bad because he was changing hands and just flat out dropped it but the Patsy fumble was punched out.

Anyone remember Tatum Bell's 1st almost TD vs KFC? dude had a break away TD and dropped the ball near the goaline and fumbled it out of the endzone.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #43
Bacchus

Mad props to Thomas. He gets an A. 90% of you retards were predicting Decker was going to have the bigger year between the two.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #44
Nwp-Apap

A+ this season, easily. When you have a reciever top 3 in recieving yards, he's have a grade A season, regardless of other factors.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #45
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Did Marshall fumble when he first started and struggle with drops? It's seriously slipped my mind, but something says he did I think?

Anyone?
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #46
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Perhaps I'm oversimplifying it, but doesnt he's 2nd in the NFL in yards (11th in catches). Yes, he fumbled a few times, but thats probably a result of being caught in a small sample size...i dont know this is indicative of a bigger problem.

but on the mane, this is average.

The expectations of this place is insane
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #47
canadianbroncosfan

He's doing just fine IMO. The fumble against Oakland was bone headed, but didn't cost us anything. The fumble against N.E. that was painful, however not as stupid as the other one. This poll on Saturday would have been 90% A's. Like most on here, I think it would've been really, really nice to start up 7-0 against N.E. so everyone is just a little butt hurt right now.

What I'm more excited about is the 4th and inches play when Manning made a poor throw and DT came back to get it and secure a first down. Or when he went up to make that grab early in the game.

I see a lot more positives out of DT than negatives. Dude has a ton of potential and will be a great wide out for this team for quite some time.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #48
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Did Marshall fumble when he first started and struggle with drops? It's seriously slipped my mind, but something says he did I think?

Anyone?
First started? He is the league leader in drops over the last 3 seasons. As for fumbles, he had 8 in his 4 years with Denver.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #49
CEH
Ring of Famer

How many true Number One WRs are in the league (15 maybe ... if that) and if this kid is a very good Number One WR then how can he be average at best?

If you are in the top 10% at your position I'd say you are better than average
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #50
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
He's doing just fine IMO. The fumble against Oakland was bone headed, but didn't cost us anything. The fumble against N.E. that was painful, however not as stupid as the other one. This poll on Saturday would have been 90% A's. Like most on here, I think it would've been really, really nice to start up 7-0 against N.E. so everyone is just a little butt hurt right now.

What I'm more excited about is the 4th and inches play when Manning made a poor throw and DT came back to get it and secure a first down. Or when he went up to make that grab early in the game.

I see a lot more positives out of DT than negatives. Dude has a ton of potential and will be a great wide out for this team for quite some time.
How is the fumble against Oakland worse? Every player knows you switch to the arm furthest away form the incoming player. He was trying to do that and just lost the ball.