The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Going to Week 10 @ Carolina

Anyone else going? I'm flying down from Jersey that Saturday. Should be a good time pending a victory.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

me and a group of buddies are going(they happen to be Carolina fans). Im out at USC for law school so this is one of the few games im able to go to.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Welcome to the Carolinas. I'll be there.

BoA Stadium is a great place to watch a game and most Panthers fans aren't as obnoxious (or stabby) as you might find at other stadiums.

Panthers are a bit of a mess as well, so I think there's a good chance we win this one.
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomutt View Post
Welcome to the Carolinas. I'll be there.

BoA Stadium is a great place to watch a game and most Panthers fans aren't as obnoxious (or stabby) as you might find at other stadiums.

Panthers are a bit of a mess as well, so I think there's a good chance we win this one.
Yeah i've noticed since living out in SC that southern hospitality is a real thing ha, minus going to gamecock games then all bets are off.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

I'll be there with the wife. Just got tickets on Monday from a co-workers neighbor who isn't all that excited about going.

Broncomutt - Waxhaw is just up the road from me - I'm in Indian Land, just across the border in SC.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #6
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I'll be there with the wife. Just got tickets on Monday from a co-workers neighbor who isn't all that excited about going.

Broncomutt - Waxhaw is just up the road from me - I'm in Indian Land, just across the border in SC.
Nice to know another O-maner is close by. I drive through Indian Land on my way to the airport all the time.

If anybody wants to get together for a tailgate, let me know. I have a portable charcoal grill and can bring some brats, burgers and beer!

Carolina = BBQ
Old 10-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Nice to know another O-maner is close by. I drive through Indian Land on my way to the airport all the time.

If anybody wants to get together for a tailgate, let me know. I have a portable charcoal grill and can bring some brats, burgers and beer!

Carolina = BBQ
I'm always up for beer.

What airport do you fly out of, that you short-cut through Indian Land?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #8
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Quote:
I'm always up for beer.

What airport do you fly out of, that you short-cut through Indian Land?
Sounds good, I'll PM you the day before the game to see if you're still interested.

I fly out of Charlotte-Douglas. I take 16 to Gray Byrum to Waxhaw-Marvin to 521, then up to 485. Not sure if it's actually shorter than just driving up 16 to 485, but there are some gorgeous homes, farms and ranches in the Marvin/Indian Land area. I always love driving through there.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #9
cartel
Solid Starter

For the win!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yup, we're probably going to scalp tickets to this game. I think we might have a good chance of getting them since the panthers aren't doing so well. Live in Huntersville, 20 min. from uptown. Anybody have tickets they want to sell?
cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
Cackalacky B
Just Drafted

NC's biggest Bronco fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartel View Post
Yup, we're probably going to scalp tickets to this game. I think we might have a good chance of getting them since the panthers aren't doing so well. Live in Huntersville, 20 min. from uptown. Anybody have tickets they want to sell?
I'll be driving up for the weekend from Raleigh and make a party out of it. Checking out the local talent Saturday night.

The ticket went on sale early this year and caught me off guard. But thankfully the Panthers are falling apart so I suspect tickets on the street should be avilable pretty easily. Last Time got decent seats for about 40 a pop.
Cackalacky B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #11
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Yes sir! I'll be on the train from Raleigh Saturday morning, and partying till' game time.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #12
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Yeah i've noticed since living out in SC that southern hospitality is a real thing ha, minus going to gamecock games then all bets are off.
How long have you lived in SC?

Has anyone ever said "bless your heart" to you?
Has anyone ever compared you to a pastry?
Have you ever been referred to as a Yankee because you have lived anywhere outside of the 13 confederate states?

You'll catch on...
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Anyone going to the Monday night in SD?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #14
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

bump
Old 10-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #15
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hmm I wasnt planning on going b/c I figured ticket prices would be steep, but now that the Panthers suck I might be able to pick some up on the cheap
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #16
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

If prices keep dropping I may be in, my bro's Birthday is that week and he has never seen the Broncos live. For those looking forward to Carolina bbq, don't get the mustardbased bbq. Stick with the good stuff, vinegar based.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #17
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Sounds good, I'll PM you the day before the game to see if you're still interested.

I fly out of Charlotte-Douglas. I take 16 to Gray Byrum to Waxhaw-Marvin to 521, then up to 485. Not sure if it's actually shorter than just driving up 16 to 485, but there are some gorgeous homes, farms and ranches in the Marvin/Indian Land area. I always love driving through there.
interesting. i find traffic on 521 to be so annoying. Sometimes I'll take 16 to 485 just to bypass 521; I consider the farms/nice homes on 16 to be the scenic route.

Funny that your scenic route is my direct route and vice-versa.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #18
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
If prices keep dropping I may be in, my bro's Birthday is that week and he has never seen the Broncos live. For those looking forward to Carolina bbq, don't get the mustardbased bbq. Stick with the good stuff, vinegar based.
Just checked and prices are insane. $150 for 500 level seats. $500 for 100 level seats. I'm good with TV.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #19
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
Just checked and prices are insane. $150 for 500 level seats. $500 for 100 level seats. I'm good with TV.
??

stubhub has plenty of tickets in the 500 level for <$100 and lower level starts around $200. I still think that's pricy, but it doesn't have to be as high as you are seeing.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #20
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
??

stubhub has plenty of tickets in the 500 level for <$100 and lower level starts around $200. I still think that's pricy, but it doesn't have to be as high as you are seeing.
The <$100 are in the upper corner in the back rows (and those are still $70+). I went to a preseason Broncos game in 98 and sat up there and it was miserable. Worst seats in any venue that I have ever been.

Went to the Broncos/Falcons game in 08 and sat on the 50 yard line 18 rows back on the home side and paid $125 per.

Panthers tickets have always been overpriced IMO - thought they would come down this year with the high expectations/higher disappointment, but doesnt look like it has happened yet.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #21
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
The <$100 are in the upper corner in the back rows (and those are still $70+). I went to a preseason Broncos game in 98 and sat up there and it was miserable. Worst seats in any venue that I have ever been.

Went to the Broncos/Falcons game in 08 and sat on the 50 yard line 18 rows back on the home side and paid $125 per.

Panthers tickets have always been overpriced IMO - thought they would come down this year with the high expectations/higher disappointment, but doesnt look like it has happened yet.
yeah, I had expected the tix to be lower too.

It's the Manning effect - tickets are considerably cheaper for other games - Buccaneers game, for example, are starting at $24 ea (obviously, same high corner seats)...and that's a divisional rival!

keep an eye open and don't rule out craigslist. I bet folks really start trying to dump their tickets after the Panthers get crushed by the Cowboys this week - they have a tough schedule afterwards, going to Chicago and then Washington before facing us. Very possible Carolina brings a 1-7 record into this game.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #22
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

I just checked tickets today, and saw them going for 68$
Old 10-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #23
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
yeah, I had expected the tix to be lower too.

It's the Manning effect - tickets are considerably cheaper for other games - Buccaneers game, for example, are starting at $24 ea (obviously, same high corner seats)...and that's a divisional rival!

keep an eye open and don't rule out craigslist. I bet folks really start trying to dump their tickets after the Panthers get crushed by the Cowboys this week - they have a tough schedule afterwards, going to Chicago and then Washington before facing us. Very possible Carolina brings a 1-7 record into this game.
Thats what I'm hoping for. Everything on CL right now is face. Going to wait until the week before the game to try to score some seats.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #24
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

so who is officially hosting a tailgate? we are staying in a hotel near the stadium, will be bringing some homebrew beer and some BBQ probably. we can host if necessary but dont have the tables/tents/chairs or anything like that.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #25
cartel
Solid Starter

For the win!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
B's hands down in G-Vegas! Pirate by chance? If you are, First Down!
cartel is offline   Reply With Quote