The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #126
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Those debates happened so long ago...that's why I asked. I know a lot of members were constantly b****ing about him and Kubiak...I defended them both...not sure who else did.
I was a Dennison supporter that is why I wanted him instead of Fox.

The Denver coaches I did not like were Dan (run, run, pray) Reeves and Greg Robinson.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #127
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I was a Dennison supporter that is why I wanted him instead of Fox.

The Denver coaches I did not like were Dan (run, run, pray) Reeves and Greg Robinson.
Why did you want same ole stale offense? I'm sorry but, I find it hard to believe Dennison or Kubes would have done anything special with this roster. Houston had quite a few top 11 picks to build their roster Denver had one.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #128
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Why did you want same ole stale offense? I'm sorry but, I find it hard to believe Dennison or Kubes would have done anything special with this roster. Houston had quite a few top 11 picks to build their roster Denver had one.
Dennison is a very smart coach. He would have brought his own style here.

I understand why Elway went with Fox, after what the organization had gone through we needed stability more than anything and Fox is the poster boy for stability which means conservative.

Now that we got Manning I am OK with Fox because he will let Manning do his thing. Actually he is perfect for Manning let's hope he stops making bone head calls like fake field goals or bastardized on side kicks.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #129
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Dennison is a very smart coach. He would have brought his own style here.

I understand why Elway went with Fox, after what the organization had gone through we needed stability more than anything and Fox is the poster boy for stability which means conservative.

Now that we got Manning I am OK with Fox because he will let Manning do his thing. Actually he is perfect for Manning let's hope he stops making bone head calls like fake field goals or bastardized on side kicks.
I wonder if Dennison gets a job this offseason. Dennison was a close 2nd. I think what hurt Dennison here. Denver was stung by McD being 1st time HC
so they wanted an experienced one this time.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 10-08-2012 at 08:35 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:57 AM   #130
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Coaching and success in the NFL is a game of chess not checkers.

Everyone knows the obvious that having an elite QB is key to having that success. But what often isn't mentioned is the importance of having a consistent coaching staff, front office and all that goes into that.

Yes we hear about guys like Brady, Rogers, Big Ben and so on but in almost all cases there's also a stable coaching staff and structure around these guys that allows them to do what they do best.

I look at this current Broncos team as the starting point to constant perennial success because with an elite QB it allows the FO and coaching staff to add to the roster instead of rebuilding it. Now if you introduce a change in that plan from the coaching point of view then you're basically asking a new coach to come in, change the roster/schemes and staff to suit his style and we already went through that with McDaniels and we're right back to square one.

The more I see of the NFL now, the more I realise, for the long term, it's not just about great teams playing great but just playing consistently and other teams beat themselves.

This team has gone through enough scheme/coaching/QB changes for me to know that we've got most of the roster built and we're closer now than we've been for a long while.

My bigger concern regarding Fox is how he sets up this team for life after Manning, by continuing to build the roster into a great defense and enough weapons on offense for someone like Brock or someone else to come in and keep the offense going.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #131
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
...the MLB did not lose that game last night nor the HOU or ATL game.. we simply got beat by a better team..and costly turn overs was probably the biggest cause..

we could not stop the off tackle runs some past miller, we could not stop Welker and that my friend is not Mays fault nor WWs.. That was lack of pressure from the front four which has been upgraded big time since last year as well as DB issues.. Anyone expecting a LB of any sort to stop Welker is smoking something..

Now I'm not sold on Mays myself but laying all the blame on him and WW for losing that game is silly...
Agree that Mays alone didn't lose the game, and I never said he did. But he was terrible. The Pats killed us with the run and the LB's were a large part of that. Mays is just too slow and he sucks. As I've said multiple times, there's a reason that a team with a pretty good personnel dept let him go despite a weakness at the position. Denver should have done a better job filling that position in the offseason. It's going to kill us all year.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #132
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I don't think john fox will make it to 2013 with another 8-8 season.
Denver is not going to be 8-8 so calm the **** down!!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #133
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

It's silly to say one player lost a game but in the case of the NE game I would say it was the exception. Mays pretty much cost us that game. Brady burnt him over and over.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #134
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Denver is not going to be 8-8 so calm the **** down!!

I'm calm. I'm just not sure Pat Bowlen is patient enough.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #135
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Old 10-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #136
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I'm calm. I'm just not sure Pat Bowlen is patient enough.
From what i have heard Pat doesn't remember the game.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #137
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
From what i have heard Pat doesn't remember the game.
Pat thinks Ronald Reagan is president.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #138
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

And if the Broncos can't iron out the kinks, especially early in games, it won't matter. Opposing personnel executives say the Broncos either look surprised by what's being done to them by opponents or the players didn't get the message through the week.

Read more: Inside the game: Broncos still trying to join the league's upper tier - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz28ox0fjkf
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #139
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Coaching and success in the NFL is a game of chess not checkers.

Everyone knows the obvious that having an elite QB is key to having that success. But what often isn't mentioned is the importance of having a consistent coaching staff, front office and all that goes into that.

Yes we hear about guys like Brady, Rogers, Big Ben and so on but in almost all cases there's also a stable coaching staff and structure around these guys that allows them to do what they do best.

I look at this current Broncos team as the starting point to constant perennial success because with an elite QB it allows the FO and coaching staff to add to the roster instead of rebuilding it. Now if you introduce a change in that plan from the coaching point of view then you're basically asking a new coach to come in, change the roster/schemes and staff to suit his style and we already went through that with McDaniels and we're right back to square one.

The more I see of the NFL now, the more I realise, for the long term, it's not just about great teams playing great but just playing consistently and other teams beat themselves.

This team has gone through enough scheme/coaching/QB changes for me to know that we've got most of the roster built and we're closer now than we've been for a long while.

My bigger concern regarding Fox is how he sets up this team for life after Manning, by continuing to build the roster into a great defense and enough weapons on offense for someone like Brock or someone else to come in and keep the offense going.
we basically have an OL to build on maybe a tweak here or there.. but is it pretty much set for the next decade..

other than Stokely out WR are young also so as they develop we are set.. now for Offense we lack at RB. that is all.. TE we have some young stock there they need time on the field..

IF Brock pans out and I see no reason to think he will not, has an arm, can run with the ball (not a statue) is learning from two HOF QB's on reading defenses.. Unless he is a moron there is not reason in a couple of years that he can't take Manning spot..

which means we need a RB and maybe a couple of quality OL backups..

Now over on D we need some more beef in the middle unless Either rookies can step in next year and hold those spots down..

DT takes longer to learn than DE does.. SO I'd expect with another off season to add some beef and learn from coaches they probably are good to go..

DE I think overall ok there.

MLB, and maybe safety in the draft taken high.. and some long term guys at CB as Champ may not have to many years left in him.. Or even perhaps he moves inside to safety..

This team is a few players away from being quality team for the long haul..

leave the coaches alone to teach them up and we will be fine..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #140
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Agree that Mays alone didn't lose the game, and I never said he did. But he was terrible. The Pats killed us with the run and the LB's were a large part of that. Mays is just too slow and he sucks. As I've said multiple times, there's a reason that a team with a pretty good personnel dept let him go despite a weakness at the position. Denver should have done a better job filling that position in the offseason. It's going to kill us all year.
Like I have always said Fox knows defense and JDR being an ex pro bowl LB knows LBs' .

Now I'm not saying that Mays will ever make it but IIRC Mays came from the eagles and they had one hell of a defensive team.. a lot of talent could not crack that line up..

Sometime you roll the dice when a coach says he can make an outstanding MLB out of an inexperienced guy..

Knowing that LB are one of the easiest spots to fill in the off season..

It is not like John did not spend a hell of a lot of money bringing in lots talent the past two years..

money may have been a consideration also..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #141
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

getting this one warmed up
Old 10-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #142
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

oh yeah...nice work willis....
Old 10-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #143
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

do they practice this ****ty?
Old 10-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #144
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

yet another first down run down by 17
Old 10-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #145
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

we should just punt on 1st down
Old 10-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #146
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I agree. I think he's on the hot seat too. His coaching is non-existent. Bring in Dungy.

Down 24-0 at the half is pathetic. Fox needs to go!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #147
Drunken.Broncoholic

It's time. He's had complete blunders during his time here. Just a middle of the road guy. Call a fake field goal or 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Time for a new direction.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #148
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

hopefully elway recognizes that fox is holding peyton back
Old 10-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #149
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

****ing Elway..This Clown is horrible than Mcd..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #150
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Fox sucks

Unfortunately I dont see a change coming during the year
But this coaching staff needs to be blown up

This is embarrasing
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote