The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #101
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
Which impact FAs came to Denver after signing Manning? Caldwell? Dreesen? Tamme? Jason Hunter? Bannan? Stokely? Florence? Anthony Perkins?

Help me out here. where is the FA acquisition that doesn't happen without Manning? Which of these blockbuster, all pro players looked at their opportunities and said, "yeah, Manning is where I wanna go?"

The answer is none of them because anybody of any caliber signed elsewhere while Peyton was tugging his taffy for two weeks. Solid move for a guy who clearly has time on his side.
Who did the Jets sign after trading for Tebow.. NO ONE.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #102
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Again, your obsession with Tebow. Nice deflection though.

You asserted that FAs came to Denver because we inked Manning and I called bull**** and clearly you don't disagree.

The real question here is, what are you going to do with yourself without Tebow?
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #103
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

RaiderH8tr is pwning on this thread... Some of y'all look silly.

As for turnovers... Gotta have one or the other, terrific 3rd down defense or the ability to generate turnovers. We have neither and thus below .500.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #104
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Again, your obsession with Tebow. Nice deflection though.

You asserted that FAs came to Denver because we inked Manning and I called bull**** and clearly you don't disagree.

The real question here is, what are you going to do with yourself without Tebow?
Dumb poster says dumb things. Lets go over what was said again.

Quote:
because he isn't Tebow. People forget that just getting rid of Tebow allowed FAs to come to Denver to help improve the team. If we kept Tebow and didn't sign Manning we have like 60 million dollars in cap room right now.
Quote:
Which impact FAs came to Denver after signing Manning? Caldwell? Dreesen? Tamme? Jason Hunter? Bannan? Stokely? Florence? Anthony Perkins?

Help me out here. where is the FA acquisition that doesn't happen without Manning? Which of these blockbuster, all pro players looked at their opportunities and said, "yeah, Manning is where I wanna go?"

The answer is none of them because anybody of any caliber signed elsewhere while Peyton was tugging his taffy for two weeks. Solid move for a guy who clearly has time on his side.
Quote:
How was what I said originally about Manning bringing in FA's and no one wanting to play with Tebow not made clear in my first post about this? Jets signed NO ONE with any sort of worth after Tebow. You are so dumb. Deflection my ass you proved my point. Keep trying.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #105
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:

What other free agent could have improved this team as much as Manning himself?

Mario Williams? b**** please! He's not doing a lot in Buffalo...he's got 1.5 sacks total on pace for a 4.5 sack season...who else would've improved this team without Manning as our QB?

Manning has 11 TD's in 5 games, that's just one less than Tebow had in 11 games, and only 9 fewer than our entire team had all of last season. He's on pace to throw for 4822 yards 35 TD's and only 10 INT's. Now I'm not saying you're stupid if you think that signing him alone hasn't improved this team immensely, but wouldn't you have to be?

Tamme, Stokely and Dreesen are on pace to catch a collective 150 total passes for 1404 yards and 19 TD's. Add in the defensive signings of Porter who sealed one of our wins, and Adams who's on pace for 109 tackles.

Now if you honestly think that these three guys would have signed with us had Manning not been here, and that they would be producing those kind of numbers with Tebow as our QB, well then I don't know what to tell you. but i know it can't be fixed.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #106
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

So lets see Denver signed Tracy Porter starting CB, third WR in Stokley, and two pretty good TE's. How about the Jets?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #107
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
and your analogy is confusing

Let's try again. Lets say you have an important speech to make. And you want to look your best. So you go to buy a suit. You find an awesome looking blue shirt...but you're not sure blue is really your color. You buy it anyway. Well now you are going to need some pants to go with that shirt, but you are so worried about that "blue" thing that you decide to by another shirt just in case. It's pretty plain and costs a bit and it doesn't really fit but someday you may lose some weight and it will look great on you.

Now you're broke and your standing in front of an auditorium full of people with no pants because you spent all of your money on a second shirt that you will never be able to squeeze your hairy moobs into. . On the bright side the blue shirt looks awesome. On the other hand, it totally clashes with your balls.

I can't make it any clearer than that.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #108
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
Let's try again. Lets say you have an important speech to make. And you want to look your best. So you go to buy a suit. You find an awesome looking blue shirt...but you're not sure blue is really your color. You buy it anyway. Well now you are going to need some pants to go with that shirt, but you are so worried about that "blue" thing that you decide to by another shirt just in case. It's pretty plain and costs a bit and it doesn't really fit but someday you may lose some weight and it will look great on you.

Now you're broke and your standing in front of an auditorium full of people with no pants because you spent all of your money on a second shirt that you will never be able to squeeze your hairy moobs into. . On the bright side the blue shirt looks awesome. On the other hand, it totally clashes with your balls.

I can't make it any clearer than that.
But that's not what happened....we went from having arguably the worst passer in the NFL as our QB to one of the all time greats. Look at the numbers offensively for this team against some pretty damn good competition.

Manning on pace for 4822 yards and 35 TD's....our two starting TE's and new 3rd WR on pace to nab 150 passes for 1404 yards and 19 TD's to go with McGahee on pace for 1203 yards rushing yards ad 10 TD's. Add in Decker and Thomas looking to snare 186 passes too for 2739 yards and 13 TD's combined.

How you can even seriously think this team isn't better is beyond me.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #109
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
But that's not what happened....we went from having arguably the worst passer in the NFL as our QB to one of the all time greats. Look at the numbers offensively for this team against some pretty damn good competition.

Manning on pace for 4822 yards and 35 TD's....our two starting TE's and new 3rd WR on pace to nab 150 passes for 1404 yards and 19 TD's to go with McGahee on pace for 1203 yards rushing yards ad 10 TD's. Add in Decker and Thomas looking to snare 186 passes too for 2739 yards and 13 TD's combined.

It's clear you either aren't reading what he says, or you don't understand basic analogies. (awesome, btw, really enjoy menonite's work here )

But no matter what anyone says, you always end up on the "you thought we were better with Tebow at QB" line. Virtually no one has ever said that.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #110
menonite

Quote:

For the last time. I will go through this step by step. Slowly.

The expensive shirt represents Manning. The pigeon is Belichick. The Horse is the current CBA. And your balls represent America's foreign policy as it pertains to the far east in the late 1970's.

How can you not understand this? Are you just jerking my chain or something?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #111
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
So lets see Denver signed Tracy Porter starting CB, third WR in Stokley, and two pretty good TE's. How about the Jets?
So none of these guys come here without Manning? Really? Porter plays D, Stokley was out of the league last year, and Tamme and Dreesen were pretty blockbuster pickups. Stunned the league.

I don't really pay attention to the Jets as much as you. I am sure you can give me the run down. right now they are on pace for a 2-3 record too but I don't really give a **** about that one way or the other.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #112
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:

Sweet. This will win us the Fantasy Lombardi for sure! Lock. It. Up. Do we have to keep Denver's D or can we plug a different one into this fantasy club you've concocted? Is this a PPR league? Can we plug in Colston? He had a monster day.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #113
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
So none of these guys come here without Manning? Really? Porter plays D, Stokley was out of the league last year, and Tamme and Dreesen were pretty blockbuster pickups. Stunned the league.

I don't really pay attention to the Jets as much as you. I am sure you can give me the run down. right now they are on pace for a 2-3 record too but I don't really give a **** about that one way or the other.
None sign with TEBOW here that is the issue. Stokley started the year and got hurt.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #114
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
None sign with TEBOW here that is the issue. Stokley started the year and got hurt.
I bet if Tebow stayed John Elway would have quit and Bowlen would have bulldozed the stadium and moved the team to LA. Tim Tebow is the suckiest suck that ever sucked.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #115
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I bet if Tebow stayed John Elway would have quit and Bowlen would have bulldozed the stadium and moved the team to LA. Tim Tebow is the suckiest suck that ever sucked.
He can't beat out Orton or Sanchez so you are right.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #116
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It's clear you either aren't reading what he says, or you don't understand basic analogies. (awesome, btw, really enjoy menonite's work here )

But no matter what anyone says, you always end up on the "you thought we were better with Tebow at QB" line. Virtually no one has ever said that.
you did....you wanted Tebow over Manning remember? that statement alone says you thought this team would be just as good if not better if we would have stood pat with Ollie instead of going after Jimmy Chitwood because Ollie won a playoff game.

You are of the mind set that had we spent money on defense instead of Manning we would've have been better long term....never once thinking that perhaps Tebow sucks as a QB and our offense would again lead the NFL in 3 and outs.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #117
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Sweet. This will win us the Fantasy Lombardi for sure! Lock. It. Up. Do we have to keep Denver's D or can we plug a different one into this fantasy club you've concocted? Is this a PPR league? Can we plug in Colston? He had a monster day.
...2.4 million comedians out of work and you're trying to be funny.

No dumbass, I'm pointing out that this team will be one of the teams nobody wants to face after the bye week....but feel free to keep thinking we didn't improve the team by signing Manning.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #118
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
you did....you wanted Tebow over Manning remember? that statement alone says you thought this team would be just as good if not better if we would have stood pat with Ollie instead of going after Jimmy Chitwood because Ollie won a playoff game.
We would've been better with Brett Favre too. Would you have wanted to bring him in? No?

You're missing the point. You really should've figured this out by now.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #119
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
They signed Brandon off of his Denver couch. No way that happens without Manning Magic!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #120
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

No dumbass, I'm pointing out that this team will be one of the teams nobody wants to face after the bye week....but feel free to keep thinking we didn't improve the team by signing Manning.
If Tebow stayed we would have had to replace the line and WR's because he made them so ****ing bad they didn't look like they belonged in the NFL. Turns out it's the other way around.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #121
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:

Seriously. The fantasy football idea actually does more to address getting our D off the field on third down than our real club has done in quote some time. Kudos for outside the box thinking.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #122
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Maybe we sign Porter and Adams....but you seriously think that pass catching guys like Stokely and Tamme, and a decent 2nd TE like Dreesen would seriously have signed here if Tebow was still our starting QB?

Our starting TE's caught all of 30 passes combined last season....10 of them came in the first 4 games....20 of them came over the final 12 games. So no way those two TE's who have improved our offense in 2012 would have signed here if Tebow was still our starter.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #123
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
We would've been better with Brett Favre too. Would you have wanted to bring him in? No?

You're missing the point. You really should've figured this out by now.
I understand what he's trying to say...we spent money on Manning and drafted his replacement vs. keeping Tebow, and drafting say Lavonte or some other defensive player.

My point is that Manning alone has improved this team immensely...and the numbers bear this out. Sure we're 2-3, but we've been in every game despite falling behind early in our 3 losses. Turnovers hurt us in them, but this team can hang with anyone right now despite our problems....
Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #124
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Seriously. The fantasy football idea actually does more to address getting our D off the field on third down than our real club has done in quote some time. Kudos for outside the box thinking.
so please enlighten us on which free agent signings we could have landed had we stood pat at the QB position that would have seriously improved this team....
Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #125
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I understand what he's trying to say...we spent money on Manning and drafted his replacement vs. keeping Tebow, and drafting say Lavonte or some other defensive player.
So why did you pull the tired old "you thought we were better without Manning" strawman?

You're a one-trick pony. Which is pretty sad from a guy who rode Neckbeard's jock longer than his wife. Seriously, even she thought it was Tebow Time.