The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #51
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I mean't Giants talent is alot better then we have here. They might not have played any better then us early on in the season. Their starting D is far more talented so a turnaround at crunch time is alot easier for them then it would be for us.
It's debatable. I think they get overrated as a result of 3 or 4 of their starters overshadowing the mediocrity of the other 7 or 8. They played like ass most of the year and simply played decently as a unit down the stretch. Really, outside of the wildcard game when they pitched a shutout against Atlanta, they didn't do anything extraordinary that our defense couldn't do IMO.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #52
stevej10

After the offense starts clicking on all cylinders in a couple weeks we are gonna have probably the most dominant offense in the league. If we can just get the defense to defend against third-downs we are gonna be tough for anyone to beat.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #53
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej10 View Post
After the offense starts clicking on all cylinders in a couple weeks we are gonna have probably the most dominant offense in the league. If we can just get the defense to defend against third-downs we are gonna be tough for anyone to beat.
See you get it. The O is right up there with the best of the NFL and it has played 5 games together.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #54
Agamemnon

I care about winning far more than stats. Stats can be interesting and potentially useful at times, but unto themselves they are empty and meaningless.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #55
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Even with the crap D if we dont turn the ball over we would probably be 4-1 right now
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #56
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
Even with the crap D if we dont turn the ball over we would probably be 4-1 right now
Err, that "crap D" was ranked 8th overall going into the NE game, so yes I would say that if we didn't turn the ball over constantly we would probably be 4-1. And if our defense could actually force a turnover more than once a millennium we'd probably be 5-0. But it is what it is.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #57
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wasn't there a time when Orton was on pace to break the single season passing record or something like that? I wish Manning had stats that good!
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #58
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Wasn't there a time when Orton was on pace to break the single season passing record or something like that? I wish Manning had stats that good!
Orton moved the ball well between the 20's in 2010.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:34 AM   #59
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Wasn't there a time when Orton was on pace to break the single season passing record or something like that?
yeah, and we were 6-0 at that point. one may have something to do with the other. the stats suggest this is a team better than its record. we've had a terrible schedule, and two legitimate concerns (turnover differential, 3rd down defense).
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #60
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
What perspective is that? We're still 2-3 because we lost 3 out of 5. Nothing is given as consolation because our losses are to them. So as long as we play middle of the road to scrub teams, we should be ok. Cool.

Just doing well in the division doesn't guarantee a thing (Raiders swept the division a few years ago and missed the playoffs).

Last year, excuses were made when we won. This year, excuses are made when we lose. I thought we were serious contenders? The team that people use this lame excuse for when they lose to us. Now we're just happy to use this "well they're a great team" excuse? And who wins in your scenario if Houston plays at NE?
The point is, the sky is not falling.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #61
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
The point is, the sky is not falling.
Never said it was.

Just disputing the notion that it's okay to lose to the teams we lost to because we made it interesting after going down 20 points. We're supposed to be on the other end of this equation.

Arizona beat NE in NE. Jets lost by 6 to Houston last night, but that game was contested throughout. It took Atlanta to kick a FG at the buzzer to beat Carolina at home. We didn't keep those games close. We went down big, scored a couple of TD's to make it interesting, and from this people are patting themselves on the back. Moral victories are for teams rebuilding from the ground up, like Indy is doing, and they just beat the Packers. For me, it's not okay to lose to the good teams, and just win against the lower level teams, because at some point, we're going to lose a game or two that we shouldn't. So yeah, I'm concerned that we've gone down big 3 times this year to start games. If we're supposed to be a contending team, settling for moral victories doesn't cut it, at least not for me anyway.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #62
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
If McGahee doesn't fumble the ball inside the 10 Denver is down less points then Indy was with less then 5 minutes in the game.
I know you cannot take away turnovers but If Thomas does not fumble and McGahee does not fumble then Denver is right in that game.

Peyton does not throw picks so they need to hold on to the gaddamn ball and not fumble. Do that and Denver will be very tough to beat. DON'T FUMBLE THE ****INGBALL!!!!

Last edited by Bacchus; 10-09-2012 at 12:25 PM..
Old 10-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #63
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
yeah, and we were 6-0 at that point. one may have something to do with the other. the stats suggest this is a team better than its record. we've had a terrible schedule, and two legitimate concerns (turnover differential, 3rd down defense).
Sooooo... individual stats are useless without context. Great. Point made.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #64
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
What I'm saying is Manning is still elite and playing at a high level while still adjusting to things. Most experts think he will only get better as the season goes along, which is better for Denver.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #65
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
we were not 6-0 at that point.

More like 2-3.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #66
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Yep, and the 3 losses are to:

-Houston, the best team in the AFC
-Atlanta, the best team in the NFC
-NE at home, who arguably is the best team in the NFL when they are at home

perspective, it's nice to have.
Just a brutal stretch of schedule. The Texans top to bottom are the best team in the NFL. They're basically a poor man's version of the 98 and 99 Bronco teams. I can't imagine how scary that team would be if Andre Johnson was still in his prime.

I do agree that Denver has to basically win out in the AFC West though. Next week's game isn't a must win, but it's close.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #67
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Careful. You're starting to sound like a Chiefs fan.

Last edited by DaFace; 10-09-2012 at 03:06 PM..
DaFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #68
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
I think this team is better than its record indicates, but lacks the depth and quality front 7 players to beat the best of the best. Superbowl contender? No, but they've played 3 of the best teams in the NFL (two of them on the road.) You simply can't turn the ball over and let teams consistently convert of 3rd and long and beat the elite teams. I still think this team is going to knock the piss out of the Chargers, finish 10-6 and probably win the West. In year two of the Manning experiment and in order to beat these upper echelon teams, the Broncos need to get more speed at offensive skill positions (slot WR, RB depth) a WLB, an MLB, a true 4-3 nose tackle and hope that MethWolfe can grow and develop into a 3-tech.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #69
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Garbage time helps a lot. Peyton got 206 of his 345 today after you were behind 31-7...nearly 3 quarters played. Do some math and it wasnt that great a day for him til garbage time. Game wasnt as close as the score suggests.
LMFAO!!!!! Garbage time b****es!!!

Last edited by HILife; 10-15-2012 at 11:17 PM..
Old 10-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #70
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Luck was down 21-3 at halftime. Not with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter and 24 points behind. And the Colts scored on their first possesion of the 3rd quarter .
Big difference. I guess you dont know what garbage time is.
Please teach us. What is garbage time?
Old 10-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #71
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
I watched the entire game and then added his yardage up from the play by play. Whose the dumbass now? Biased fans usually have no clue. Welcome to that list
Did you watch the MNF game? I missed it. What happen? How did Rivers do? Is it still garbage time?
Old 10-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #72
menonite

Imagine how good he would be if he could throw to his right.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #73
Natedog24
Ring of Famer

Win The Day

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
LMFAO!!!!! Garbage time b****es!!!

Best bump EVER!
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #74
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Did you watch the MNF game? I missed it. What happen? How did Rivers do? Is it still garbage time?
Rivers felt bad about all our garbage time yards, so he decided to shorten the field for us a few times.
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:40 AM   #75
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
Imagine how good he would be if he could throw to his right.
classic
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote