The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #76
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran

We have issues at LB for sure. I wonder if DJ coming back will help it any - Williams at least is better in coverage and at tackling than Mays. But the D held up and played well against Oakland, Pitt, and Atlanta.

New England put up 30 on Baltimore. The Ravens were way better against the run, but I think the Broncos did a little more than the Ravens in the pass game.

Continuity is key in the league - the biggest problem is not talent - but rather scheme and consistency in coaching. Think about the good defenses in the league - most of them have had consistent coaching and schemes. I believe all of our own jobs would be more difficult if we had a new boss every year that wanted our jobs completed in a completely different way with new terminology.

Given our schedule - I think the Broncos have been decent. Of course I think they could play better but at least we're competitive against the best teams in the league and only a couple plays from winning some of those games. Two years ago McD - it would be a prayer if we could keep up with the top teams - at least now we think we can win. I want better results just like any fan - but this season has been fun even with the losses - I like seeing that we're competitive once again.
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #77
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Luck for us you will troll in the mean time. Scale of one to ten how excited are you for tonights jets game?
So nice of you to show up with your bag full of stupid.

I was pretty excited for yesterday's game until it became clear we still have the same glaring deficiencies that plagued us last year.

As for the Jets game, I am watching a movie with my son before putting him to bed but I know I can rely on you and your raging hateboner to provide play by play analysis so I am sure I won't miss a thing. I guess the real question is, how excited are you for tonight's jets game? Something has to fuel that hate mania you have so thoroughly nurtured.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #78
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
So nice of you to show up with your bag full of stupid.

I was pretty excited for yesterday's game until it became clear we still have the same glaring deficiencies that plagued us last year.

As for the Jets game, I am watching a movie with my son before putting him to bed but I know I can rely on you and your raging hateboner to provide play by play analysis so I am sure I won't miss a thing. I guess the real question is, how excited are you for tonight's jets game? Something has to fuel that hate mania you have so thoroughly nurtured.
I saw you trolling the game thread with your up beat **** like always. As for the the Jets game don't worry Tebow will be on the bench like always so need for me to give you any updates on him. Hey there is always next year and the CFL for Teblow. I hear they have lesser talented QBs for him to sit behind there.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #79
Agamemnon

Every single person (in this thread and elsewhere) who claims Tebow can't possibly ever be a great passer is an idiot. Period. Not because they are wrong (no one really knows one way or the other), but because they have absolutely no understanding of how QB's are developed at the professional level. They look at Tebow and see his struggles in the passing game and have zero comprehension of what lies behind it. Instead they choose to be willfully lazy intellectually. Tebow faced the following adversities coming out of college, any of which could derail any young QB's development:

1) Drafted by a head coach who is then fired before he even gets on the field.

2) Started in his rookie year under an interim head coach with an ad-libbed strategy to finish the season.

3) Was never shown any faith by the coaching staff that took over, and was forced to adapt to a very traditional pro style passing offense (this is not referring to the option elements, but the heavy use of pro formations and timing routes) despite having a Spread QB background with little to no experience in many of the traditional pro-style concepts he was forced to try to master overnight with...

4) ...a truncated offseason in which to learn his second offense in two years and no reps with the starters despite claims of an open competition.

5) And let's not even mention receivers and lineman that were as raw and underdeveloped as himself to work with, and an OC that even struggles to call plays that work for Peyton Manning.

No, the mental midgets just look at his completion percentage and say he is hopeless, without once considering what he was being asked to overcome. It's intellectual laziness at it's worst, and those of us who argued that his intangibles and athleticism warranted more coaching and development time are treated with scorn and called "Teboners". Truth be told, I have rarely seen such rampant stupidity save during political discussions. It has been a very saddening experience. Now carry on OM, carry on.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #80
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
I saw you trolling the game thread with your up beat **** like always. As for the the Jets game don't worry Tebow will be on the bench like always so need for me to give you any updates on him. Hey there is always next year and the CFL for Teblow. I hear they have lesser talented QBs for him to sit behind there.
And you're still following me around like a 16 year old girl with a crush.

And you have a much stronger and unhealthy obsession with Tebow than anybody on this board. Like a 16 year old girl with a crush. Really, just let it go man.

I know you're cool with a defense that gets gashed and violated at will but that just isn't going to cut it in Peyton's Place. Peyton was brought in to win a SB and the club ignored multiple, glaring holes to land the guy. That's fine, they get to make the call but they also should be held accountable. I understand that gets in the way of your crush and thus generates significant amounts of butthurt for you so I don't blame you for lashing out. It is somewhat comical at this point.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #81
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
And you're still following me around like a 16 year old girl with a crush.

And you have a much stronger and unhealthy obsession with Tebow than anybody on this board. Like a 16 year old girl with a crush. Really, just let it go man.

I know you're cool with a defense that gets gashed and violated at will but that just isn't going to cut it in Peyton's Place. Peyton was brought in to win a SB and the club ignored multiple, glaring holes to land the guy. That's fine, they get to make the call but they also should be held accountable. I understand that gets in the way of your crush and thus generates significant amounts of butthurt for you so I don't blame you for lashing out. It is somewhat comical at this point.
the famous you follow me around on a MESSAGE BOARD post.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #82
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
the famous you follow me around on a MESSAGE BOARD post.
No denial. I understand, I am the object of your desire. Just keep it on the Internets.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #83
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
I think some of this thread points to how crummy of a pick Osweiler was. It's not like Brock is not good, but we have far more pressing needs (MLB) than picking up a 3-4 year project (didn't we already have Tebow for this?). If we are truly in win now mode, Elway should not have used such a high pick for his protege.

Now we have a nice high pick riding the pine for a few years while we get to watch Mays run around with his head up his ass.
Brock Osweiler is not good. He is in fact the opposite of good. Someday he may be good, but really it is a fact that in the present he is not good. And the big problem there is that supposedly we are trying to win now, so really we had no business using a 2nd round pick on a guy who is years away from maybe possibly being good. You can get players in the 2nd round who are good now. You can certainly get a MLB in the 2nd round who would be better than Joe ****ing Mays. Most likely a lot better (mediocre would probably be a lot better to be honest).
Old 10-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #84
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
No denial. I understand, I am the object of your desire. Just keep it on the Internets.
I'm not worried once Tebow is out of the NFL next year you will be gone.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #85
stevej10

Peyton is doing great. We need to be able to defend against third-downs and we could easily be undefeated. I like the way this guy puts it.

http://www.nflburn.com/broncos-season-will-turn-around/
Old 10-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #86
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Every single person (in this thread and elsewhere) who claims Tebow can't possibly ever be a great passer is an idiot. Period. Not because they are wrong (no one really knows one way or the other), but because they have absolutely no understanding of how QB's are developed at the professional level. They look at Tebow and see his struggles in the passing game and have zero comprehension of what lies behind it. Instead they choose to be willfully lazy intellectually. Tebow faced the following adversities coming out of college, any of which could derail any young QB's development:

1) Drafted by a head coach who is then fired before he even gets on the field.

2) Started in his rookie year under an interim head coach with an ad-libbed strategy to finish the season.

3) Was never shown any faith by the coaching staff that took over, and was forced to adapt to a very traditional pro style passing offense (this is not referring to the option elements, but the heavy use of pro formations and timing routes) despite having a Spread QB background with little to no experience in many of the traditional pro-style concepts he was forced to try to master overnight with...

4) ...a truncated offseason in which to learn his second offense in two years and no reps with the starters despite claims of an open competition.

5) And let's not even mention receivers and lineman that were as raw and underdeveloped as himself to work with, and an OC that even struggles to call plays that work for Peyton Manning.

No, the mental midgets just look at his completion percentage and say he is hopeless, without once considering what he was being asked to overcome. It's intellectual laziness at it's worst, and those of us who argued that his intangibles and athleticism warranted more coaching and development time are treated with scorn and called "Teboners". Truth be told, I have rarely seen such rampant stupidity save during political discussions. It has been a very saddening experience. Now carry on OM, carry on.
Great post but don't expect a response...too factual.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #87
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Good article..but makes it painfully obvious that our D suxx monkey testicles...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #88
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
I'm not worried once Tebow is out of the NFL next year you will be gone.
Check the join date and post count. Once again you are wrong.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #89
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej10 View Post
Peyton is doing great. We need to be able to defend against third-downs and we could easily be undefeated. I like the way this guy puts it.

http://www.nflburn.com/broncos-season-will-turn-around/
Honestly, our inability to secure the ball on offense or force turnovers on defense are probably a much bigger deal than our 3rd down struggles on defense. We are 29th in the league in turnover differential right now, and I think even the slowest posters on this forum probably knows that being 29th in the league in turnover differential pretty much always results in a losing record.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #90
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Check the join date and post count. Once again you are wrong.
You will fade away faster then your hero. You keep talking about last years amazing playoff run like it was the greatest season ever for the Broncos and all I saw was a playoff win. 2005 season was better. Not even close.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #91
CEH
Ring of Famer

Just saw Tebow in the JETS game. I thought he was a QB but I swear he
was on the punt team.

He just needs the correct coaching to be a great passer. Getting coaching from the ST team coach will enhance his QB passing skills

Anyone else see ESPN dog Tebow. Some chick from Last Resort said Tebow couldn't throw spirals be it in Denver or NYC
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #92
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Breaking NEWS! They let the Tebow throw!
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #93
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

booooooooooooooooooo!

Put the Tebow back in.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #94
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
I agree, it's not either or. But we had a great opportunity in the draft to get some LB's and all we did was blow a great pick on a dead roster spot for a few years. Another major eff up was giving Mays such a huge contract.
And if he turns out to have a similar career to Aaron Rodgers, his sitting on the bench for 3-4 years would be well worth it correct?

And seriously, Tom Terrific and Gronkowski have made much better LB'sthan Mays look stupid......
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #95
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Brock Osweiler is not good. He is in fact the opposite of good. Someday he may be good, but really it is a fact that in the present he is not good. And the big problem there is that supposedly we are trying to win now, so really we had no business using a 2nd round pick on a guy who is years away from maybe possibly being good.

How is any of this you posted different from what people have said about Tebow?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #96
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
And if he turns out to have a similar career to Aaron Rodgers, his sitting on the bench for 3-4 years would be well worth it correct?

And seriously, Tom Terrific and Gronkowski have made much better LB'sthan Mays look stupid......

Favre was hinting around that he was about to hang it up. It made sense to find his eventual replacement.

Elway brought Manning in to win now. Shouldn't they do whatever is necessary to make that happen?

It's like needing a car. So you go out and buy a Maserati. And then instead of buying gas for it, you go out and buy a horse . Now it would be awesome and totally worth it if that horse turned out to be the next Seabiscuit, but in the meantime your stuck with a stalled Maserati sitting in the driveway with a pigeon that looks a little like Bill Belichick crapping all over it.

I've completely lost track of my analogy...

At least Elway got rid of that station wagon with the bumper sticker.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #97
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

While the team may be 2-3 (losing to three great teams) -- I'm quite pleased that we have Peyton Manning slinging the ball to Thomas, Decker and Co.

I'd be willing to wager if Tebow was our QB this season, we lose these same games buy ~ 20 point margin.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #98
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
How is any of this you posted different from what people have said about Tebow?
because he isn't Tebow. People forget that just getting rid of Tebow allowed FAs to come to Denver to help improve the team. If we kept Tebow and didn't sign Manning we have like 60 million dollars in cap room right now.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #99
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
because he isn't Tebow. People forget that just getting rid of Tebow allowed FAs to come to Denver to help improve the team. If we kept Tebow and didn't sign Manning we have like 60 million dollars in cap room right now.
Which impact FAs came to Denver after signing Manning? Caldwell? Dreesen? Tamme? Jason Hunter? Bannan? Stokely? Florence? Anthony Perkins?

Help me out here. where is the FA acquisition that doesn't happen without Manning? Which of these blockbuster, all pro players looked at their opportunities and said, "yeah, Manning is where I wanna go?"

The answer is none of them because anybody of any caliber signed elsewhere while Peyton was tugging his taffy for two weeks. Solid move for a guy who clearly has time on his side.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #100
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
Favre was hinting around that he was about to hang it up. It made sense to find his eventual replacement.

Elway brought Manning in to win now. Shouldn't they do whatever is necessary to make that happen?

It's like needing a car. So you go out and buy a Maserati. And then instead of buying gas for it, you go out and buy a horse . Now it would be awesome and totally worth it if that horse turned out to be the next Seabiscuit, but in the meantime your stuck with a stalled Maserati sitting in the driveway with a pigeon that looks a little like Bill Belichick crapping all over it.

I've completely lost track of my analogy...

At least Elway got rid of that station wagon with the bumper sticker.

Peyton was coming off a major injury and is 36....which was the reason why a lot of posters were whining when they signed him....so it would make sense to draft his eventual replacement too correct?

Well the first thing they did to achieve the goal of winning now was sign Manning....unless you think we would have been closer not signing Manning, and keeping Tebow while drafting defense and signing FA's. As for the moves they have made, they upgraded our TE's, drafted RB depth and a potential HR hitter in Hillman, drafted a DT in Wolfe, our secondary by signing Porter and Adams.

and your analogy is confusing....maybe it's me. I guess you were trying to say what good does it do for us to have a HoF QB and much better offense if the defense sucks...well, I guess about as much as an improved defense would be with the same stone age 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense