The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #76
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Fox is the perfect Head Coach for us.

He's already gone a long way towards fixing this defense (instead of just paying lip service to it). Look at where we were two/three years ago defensively.

And he's got no ego in terms of the offense and is completely willing to let Manning run the show.

On top of that, he defers to Elway and the FO in terms of personnel letting them take care of business from that side.

The best job he does is bring in the right staff around him (Dennis Allen, JDR, Magazu) and trusts them to do their job.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #77
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Firing Fox does put us back a few years.

See you do agree with me!
I like Fox but I don't think losing him would set us back much barring a replacement hire of someone like McD or Norv.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #78
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:

He's already gone a long way towards fixing this defense (instead of just paying lip service to it). Look at where we were two/three years ago defensively.

And he's got no ego in terms of the offense and is completely willing to let Manning run the show.

On top of that, he defers to Elway and the FO in terms of personnel letting them take care of business from that side.

The best job he does is bring in the right staff around him (Dennis Allen, JDR, Magazu) and trusts them to do their job.
I agree. I like where this team is headed, we just need some more talent to get over the top. Still need 3-4 difference makers to compete with the upper echelon teams. We have been adding a few each year, so I expect that we will also see improvement between now and next year if Manning stays healthy.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #79
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
The same Rick Dennison you thought sucked when he was our OL coach, and then our OC?
har-har

some old timer humor, there....

Where's spider, slap, I saw a winston cup siting....
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #80
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Actually he didn't at all but I realize I will never convince you of that.
Brian Griese Sucks!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #81
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
Brian Griese Sucks!
uh I now it is actually fun to type that but in real realty not really . he is a good Citizen of the Denver Area..
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #82
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Never knew Fox was an HR guy.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #83
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post
uh I now it is actually fun to type that but in real realty not really . he is a good Citizen of the Denver Area..
Trevor Pryce says HELLO....
Old 10-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #84
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think Fox is a bit conservative but to say this has been bad coaching is really weak. He wasn't the one who turned the ball over 4 times in 1 quarter at Atlanta and he wasn't the one who turned the ball over 3 times in New England. It's hard to win in this league when you have more then 1 turnover anyway, let alone on the road against Atlanta and New England. These players need to step up and do a better job at ball security.

There's no way you can put this loss on coaching. The LB's we have (excluding Miller) are not elite. Oh yeah, we hear off and on that Woodyard is playing well but cmon guys, can we get real here. Miller is the only LAGIT LB we have and it's not even close. Woodyard would be a killer backup and nickle LB. Mays sucks, Irving sucks, Brooking nothing special, Trev a 6th round pick rookie. Serious, what do you think is going to happen out on the field against good teams.
Good coaching covers up flaws or don't trot no talent ass clowns like Joe Mays out onto the field. I knew as soon as we resigned him we were in for another long year on D. Teams are doing exactly what i said they would. Lots of toss plays and screens. A big part of that is because Mays. Resigning him is on coaching and the FO.
There isn't an excuse out there for the fake field goal against the Raiders. Lucky for us the Raiders suck. Then against the Pats, the the 3rd and 5 run play called after getting a 3 and out. You run a play like that when your winning, not down multiple scores. Not when you have PFM! Not when the pass game was moving up and down the field! Then the run play where McGahee fumbled. Yes he needs to secure the ball but why run the ball? Not to mention the half assed onside kick! The turnovers were huge but the coaching trying to get cute against a very well coachec Pats team killed us as well.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #85
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

It's way too early to say Fox is on the hotseat.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #86
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
It's way too early to say Fox is on the hotseat.
I dont think so either. But they need to get the play calling on track just as much as the players need to do better securing the ball.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #87
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos dude View Post
I guess the sky is falling again in this place. Remember tim tebow was the qb when 1-4
We're 2-3 heading into the grind months of the season. I think there is good reason for people to be concerned. Obviously, we have high expectations. If we could make it to the playoffs last year with Tebow, we should be able to make it this year with Peyton Manning. Anything less is failure - and someone should have to account for that failure. That someone is John Fox.

That said, I like Fox. I think he's a solid coach. I expect to see the team bounce back. The Patriots are a Superbowl calibre team, and while they had the edge on us all game long, we stayed competitive. But being competitive is not our goal - making the playoffs is.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #88
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

What did you guys think about the squib kick?

Fortunately, the defense got one of its few stops of the day after that. But was that called to save time by the Pats potentially only have to drive 60 yards instead of 80?
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #89
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
We're 2-3 heading into the grind months of the season. I think there is good reason for people to be concerned. Obviously, we have high expectations. If we could make it to the playoffs last year with Tebow, we should be able to make it this year with Peyton Manning. Anything less is failure - and someone should have to account for that failure. That someone is John Fox.

That said, I like Fox. I think he's a solid coach. I expect to see the team bounce back. The Patriots are a Superbowl calibre team, and while they had the edge on us all game long, we stayed competitive. But being competitive is not our goal - making the playoffs is.
We all knew the schedule had 2 parts, the tough part which is the first 7 games and the easy part which is the last 9. I always felt that if we could get to 4-4 we could end up 11-5 just by winning games we would be favoured to win.

I think Fox has improved the team tremendously over the last season and a half, the defense is playing better now than it has been for many years and the offense is playing well without surprising anyone. In every of the 3 games we have lost, a few personal mistakes have been the difference between winning and losing. Against Atlanta the 3 early picks made all the difference - against Houston some defensive miscues and agains New England some careless turnovers. Those individual mistakes is not something a head coach can eliminate - does Manning throw 3 picks in every game? no, he has only thrown those 3 all season. Does Porter and Adams mess up coverage in every game? no they have done much better in other games. Does Mcgahee cost us 2 turnovers in every game?

A lot of pressure will be relieved when we beat up San Diego, people will start to realize that we lost to some very good teams and fortunately we don't have a whole lot of good teams left on the menu - we have lost 3 and that is certainly 1 more than I had hoped for, but the season is not over - far from it. Just remember that we are not the Chiefs, Raiders, Bills, Browns or Bucs - we are in fact a good team that has played good football in every game we have played.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #90
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

Another thing to consider is why Manning chose Denver and you gotta think that Fox had something to do with this choice. I doubt Manning signed up for a coaching carousel.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #91
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

I think Fox has been a great coach. I mean we all know he is a run the ball heavy kinda guy but he was willing to realize that Peyton in the bomb thrower so he lets him do as he pleases. He doesn't jump around on the field like a monkey. I also think he prepares the guys pretty well.

I don't see him going anywhere.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #92
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Do fans want us to be like oakland and change coaches every 2 yrs??
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #93
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Another thing to consider is why Manning chose Denver and you gotta think that Fox had something to do with this choice. I doubt Manning signed up for a coaching carousel.
This is an extremely strong point. Repped.

On a similar note, I think we need to account the clout of Manning himself. While I agree that he didn't sign up for a coaching carousel, if we miss the playoffs and Peyton tells Elway he thinks it was due to poor coaching etc, well....
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #94
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

On a similar note, I think we need to account the clout of Manning himself. While I agree that he didn't sign up for a coaching carousel, if we miss the playoffs and Peyton tells Elway he thinks it was due to poor coaching etc, well....
True but, Elway said, day 1 we need more then Manning to win SB so I doubt new HC would happen. I think Manning respects Fox too much to throw him under the bus.

I expect Tom Moore to come on board next year as OC

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 10-08-2012 at 12:35 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #95
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Exactly. This is clearly Peyton Manning's team. I don't think he's panicked at this point. And like gyldenlove says - the easy part of our schedule is the last half. If we're losing games then, I think Fox will come into question. I doubt he's in any hot seat at this point. But that said, playoffs are the expectation.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #96
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Exactly. This is clearly Peyton Manning's team. I don't think he's panicked at this point. And like gyldenlove says - the easy part of our schedule is the last half. If we're losing games then, I think Fox will come into question. I doubt he's in any hot seat at this point. But that said, playoffs are the expectation.
With a bad D is any game that easy?
Old 10-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #97
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:

It is hard to win games vs playoff teams on the road. Especially when you turn it over 3 times.

Fox is fine. If we execute we win.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #98
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

The problem is that if this team doesn't make the playoffs it will be because glaring personnel weaknesses went mostly unaddressed. If Fox were an all-powerful GM/HC type, then yeah, you could blame Fox.

But this team's biggest failure was the "Manning is all that matters" offseason. And that's completely on the Front Office. And now that we've got a two to three year window, there's no time for superficial fall guys. Foxy is locked in for as long as the PMFM experiment rolls.

McCoy's the only one who's fair game I think (or maybe wish/hope ) He's now got maybe the best QB to ever play the game. No more excuses.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #99
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The problem is that if this team doesn't make the playoffs it will be because glaring personnel weaknesses went mostly unaddressed. If Fox were an all-powerful GM/HC type, then yeah, you could blame Fox.

But this team's biggest failure was the "Manning is all that matters" offseason. And that's completely on the Front Office. And now that we've got a two to three year window, there's no time for superficial fall guys. Foxy is locked in for as long as the PMFM experiment rolls.

McCoy's the only one who's fair game I think (or maybe wish/hope ) He's now got maybe the best QB to ever play the game. No more excuses.
We are 2 NFL Caliber LB's away from being dominant again, we could use another DT also. This should be a Defensive draft this year.

Next year should be the 13-3 year with a deep playoff run.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #100
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:

I'll give you my best nero wolf POSH...

Idle hands with nothing better to do but b****....