The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default I have a feeling we will see those teams again... (Pats, Texans...)

so can we beat them?

I think the team can easily make the playoffs if we play like we have thus far this season (minus the TO's).

The question becomes, is this our SB team? Or are the above teams just to good for our beloved Broncos?

I know wayyyyy to soon, but I just think its obvious that this team will make it that far and those 2 teams are the teams to beat. (now at least)
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I think we've shown we're capable of competing.

Will we win? Maybe. But maybe's good enough.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
so can we beat them?

I think the team can easily make the playoffs if we play like we have thus far this season (minus the TO's).

The question becomes, is this our SB team? Or are the above teams just to good for our beloved Broncos?

I know wayyyyy to soon, but I just think its obvious that this team will make it that far and those 2 teams are the teams to beat. (now at least)
It may be a little early in the season to predict who will be hot in November/December, but your guess looks pretty much on track.

Both those teams are just better than us right now. I think the Texans will fall short of the Superbowl this year, and I would love to see our team have another shot at them in the playoffs. The Ramirez vs. Watt battle seemed to decide the final outcome and I don't think Watt will manhandle Kuper in the same fashion. I also don't think we will give up as many "over the top" deep plays if we meet again.

If the Patriots can run that pace all season, they will win the superbowl. I have never, ever seen an NFL team execute a no-huddle that fast (and sustain their progress for that long). I hated watching them run it down our throats (and hit Welker all day), but it was a beautiful product they put on the field yesterday. If their defense can cause turnovers and play complimentary ball, I don't know if they can be beaten.

In order for us to beat the "best teams" we will need to fix the turnover battle. We tend to **** the bed against the better teams, and we just can't win that way.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
so can we beat them?

Yes, they can beat them because they were in both of those games. Neither game ended with a huge blowout.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

I think the potential to beat both teams is there. I just need to see over the next 3 months if the team keeps improving. These 3 losses to elite teams could be a boost or a killer, it just depends how the team responds the rest of the way.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

The Broncs have been just a little bit away from winning these games. Turnovers by the O of course, also the dropped INT's. Rahim, Adams, Harris have had clean INT chances they dropped. The window is small for Peyton and Champ, just too many mistakes to overcome so far in 2012. McGahee drops the 4th and 1 pass, fumbles again. Punting from the NE 39 yd line. Pooch kickoff.

Champ takes on #77 Nate Solder at the goal line, takes Solder's knee out and gets a hit on the RB which is textbook CB play, but there's nobody to back him up, Rahim doesn't know what the **** is going on, didn't even try to get a hit on the RB after Champ slows him up. Dawkins would have clobbered that RB. The LB's were all washed out of the play, couldn't fight through blocks. Denver just isn't all that good right now on D, coupled with mistakes by the O and coaching staff, and there we are at 2-3.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

later in the season...

The regular season is just the try-outs...
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Got a weird feeling that Saints game will be tougher than anyone realizes right now..
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
Got a weird feeling that Saints game will be tougher than anyone realizes right now..
Agree. Dangerous game.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #10
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

UNLIKELY WE WILL GET TO The PLAYOFFS.. We still have to play:

NOL, SAN twice, @OAK, @Ravens, @ bengals, BUCs, and Browns..

Lots of chances to lose those games.. All pretty good team and I know the Browns are a no win team, but that might be the last trap game we have in the season.. and that is not to say that the new coaching regime in KC may not beat us at MHS just to spoil the season for us..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #11
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
Ya don't know why everyone has this as an automatic win.

If you watched their game last might you would have witnessed the giant coming awake. They will be a force the rest of the way IMO.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #12
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

You guys are nuts. At San Diego on MNF. Tough game to win. Not to mention Manning has had a more difficult time with them from a historical perspective than any other team.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #13
CEH
Ring of Famer

You would have thought last year in the 2nd NE game Denver would have performed better but the only coach getting better from the previous meeting is BB.

I see the same thing this year. These other coaches will adjust while Fox and Friends will look lost

Not hopefull at all we beat these teams the 2nd time around.
Just not enough defensive talent to stop these offenses
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #14
spiralism

Broncos Revenge Tour 2013:

Divisional @ HOU
Championship @ NE
SB47 vs Atlanta

Old 10-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #15
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Agree. Dangerous game.
Yeah, they're balanced on O, and Denver's D so far has had problems with teams that can both throw and run.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #16
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I've thought all along this might be a learning year for Manning. In addition, I still think we lack key pieces in the defense (LB in particular, but also D-line) to be a legit challenger for the championship. Even so, 10 wins and a division title is realistic, along with a first round win in the play-offs, either Wild Card or Divisional Round. Beyond that though, I just think we need a few more pieces. The 2012 schedule is another obvious factor, but good teams play through tough schedules all the time.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #17
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
You guys are nuts. At San Diego on MNF. Tough game to win. Not to mention Manning has had a more difficult time with them from a historical perspective than any other team.
Yeah, and he historically owned Houston, as we saw in week 3.

Wrong. The Colts own Houston, they even beat them last year. San Diego own the Colts. Certain teams give each other trouble no matter what. Raiders almost always compete with the Steelers for example, no matter how good Pitt are and how ****ty Oakland are. Cincinnati often beat the Ravens, Cleveland often are very competitive against both the Ravens and Steelers.