The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #26
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Yep, and the 3 losses are to:

-Houston, the best team in the AFC
-Atlanta, the best team in the NFC
-NE at home, who arguably is the best team in the NFL when they are at home

perspective, it's nice to have.
Not to long ago Denver lost to NE 45-10 while only turning the ball over 1 time during that game. Denver turned the ball over 3 times and another on downs and lost 31 to 21. Strides are being made in just a short period of time but, most will still see the sky as falling.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #27
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer

Hook'em Horns

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

This...

I'm happy with the state of the team right now. Hopefully we will keep progressing and be a serious competitor at the end.
LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #28
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:

What perspective is that? We're still 2-3 because we lost 3 out of 5. Nothing is given as consolation because our losses are to them. So as long as we play middle of the road to scrub teams, we should be ok. Cool.

Just doing well in the division doesn't guarantee a thing (Raiders swept the division a few years ago and missed the playoffs).

Last year, excuses were made when we won. This year, excuses are made when we lose. I thought we were serious contenders? The team that people use this lame excuse for when they lose to us. Now we're just happy to use this "well they're a great team" excuse? And who wins in your scenario if Houston plays at NE?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #29
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

2-3? Who cares? The Giants were 7-7 at one point last December. I'm not going to freak out either way until Thanksgiving, at least.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #30
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
What perspective is that? We're still 2-3 because we lost 3 out of 5. Nothing is given as consolation because our losses are to them. So as long as we play middle of the road to scrub teams, we should be ok. Cool.

Just doing well in the division doesn't guarantee a thing (Raiders swept the division a few years ago and missed the playoffs).

Last year, excuses were made when we won. This year, excuses are made when we lose. I thought we were serious contenders? The team that people use this lame excuse for when they lose to us. Now we're just happy to use this "well they're a great team" excuse? And who wins in your scenario if Houston plays at NE?
this post is a singular example of not understand my "perspective" post. Congrats.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #31
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:

Based on that I will expect us to get shat on in the playoffs. But I do expect us to make it to the play offs, so I guess from last year it's a push.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #32
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
this post is a singular example of not understand my "perspective" post. Congrats.
Again, what perspective are you talking about?

2-3 is 2-3 no matter how you slice it. What makes it more honorable to lose to teams like you mentioned? Arizona went in and beat NE in NE. Are they better than us too?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #33
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
Based on that I will expect us to get shat on in the playoffs. But I do expect us to make it to the play offs, so I guess from last year it's a push.
The other things to consider are this: Manning, new team and coming back from a serious injury. We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played. Broncos defense, yet another DC. We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played. Young WR still getting used to Manning's style and expectations. We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played. Offensive line still gelling with some young guys. We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played. The Broncos have played the hardest schedule in the NFL so far. We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played. The Broncos are 2-3 and SD is 3-2. We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played.We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played.We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played.We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played.We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played.We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played.We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played.We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played.We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played.We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played.We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played.We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played.We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #34
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Again, what perspective are you talking about?

2-3 is 2-3 no matter how you slice it. What makes it more honorable to lose to teams like you mentioned? Arizona went in and beat NE in NE. Are they better than us too?
We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #35
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
2-3? Who cares? The Giants were 7-7 at one point last December. I'm not going to freak out either way until Thanksgiving, at least.

Their D IS alot better then ours bad example. We luck out we play in a weak division. A team like ours that is so up and down at some point your going to need to string wins together. Denver SHOULD go 4-0 in our next 4 games in 5 weeks but, in reality I bet we won't.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #36
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Its not garbage time until the game is over. The game wasnt over until the mcgahee fumble.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #37
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:

Well, the point is we want to change this.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #38
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
Well, the point is we want to change this.
point taken and understood
Old 10-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #39
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Stats. Always a reliable metric.

I'd rather start gauging their potential when we see them play complete games. Almost coming back when the other teams take their foot off the pedal isn't enough.

And as for the teams we've lost to? Carolina damn near beat ATL if not for bad luck. They were much closer than we were. NE has lost to the Ravens and the Cards... neither of which I'd call great teams. These teams aren't on such an echelon that the Broncos shouldn't have been able to compete as long the Broncos had any skill whatsoever and played a decent game.

I've seen little since the Pitt game that instilled confidence in me. Garbage time almost-wins just don't provide any comfort.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #40
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
Its not garbage time until the game is over. The game wasnt over until the mcgahee fumble.
So it wasn't garbage time when ATL stopped passing the ball, trying for 1st downs, and just ran up the middle on every play? If you want to play some stupid technicality game, the game isn't over until the clock strikes zero. If, however, you want to do some mid-game betting, I can probably predict most games long before that clock strikes zero.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #41
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Denver only plays well when teams let up on gas pedal. If you want to not be concerned or overlook it fine. It's obvious in both road games that was the case. Atl played super slow all of 2nd half and we still couldn't beat them. I swear fans have mulligan syndrome when it comes to the Broncos. We act like all our best players are rookies but, most of our best players are close to retirement we need to start learning how to win these games and fast.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 10-08-2012 at 11:26 AM..
Old 10-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #42
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
So it wasn't garbage time when ATL stopped passing the ball, trying for 1st downs, and just ran up the middle on every play? If you want to play some stupid technicality game, the game isn't over until the clock strikes zero. If, however, you want to do some mid-game betting, I can probably predict most games long before that clock strikes zero.
I mean over as in having no chance of coming back. If we had Tebow, down 31-7, its over because he cant put points on the board fast enough.

With Manning were capable of coming back in most situations. Atl, Ne continued passing the ball despite being up. Our defense got stops.

Von Miller had a huge third down sack on Ryan. Defense got a sack on brady on 4th down.

You might think a two possesion game with 5 minutes and timeouts left means the game is over. But really its not.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #43
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
point taken and understood
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #44
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Denver only plays well when teams let up on gas pedal. If you want to not be concerned or overlook it fine. It's obvious in both road games that was the case. Atl played super slow all of 2nd half and we still couldn't beat them. I swear fans have mulligan syndrome when it comes to the Broncos. We act like all our best players are rookies but, most of our best players are close to retirement we need to start learning how to win these games and fast.
We shut down Atls offense almost all game. They never dominated us offensively. Mannings interceptions and bad ref calls gave most of Atlantas points.

Give credit to the D because they played well in Atlanta.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #45
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post

Their D IS alot better then ours bad example. We luck out we play in a weak division. A team like ours that is so up and down at some point your going to need to string wins together. Denver SHOULD go 4-0 in our next 4 games in 5 weeks but, in reality I bet we won't.
Bad example?

At this point last year, the Giants had given up 28 points to the God awful Redskins, 27 to the Cards and 36 to the freaking Seahawks.

The Giants DID NOT have "a lot better" defense than the Broncos at this point last year.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #46
BoiseBluTurf
Pro Bowler

Wow... I'm blown away by the unrealistic expectations of some of our fellow Bronco fans... this team has a damn hard schedule coupled with the fact that they have a new qb coming off 4 neck surgeries playing with a totally different group of skill position players.

Manning hardly picked up a football last year! Now add the fact that it takes time to come together with receivers and an everyday qb... now… double or triple that time with a perfectionist like Manning. It will take time to get his receivers on the same page seeing the same thing he sees on most every play! And finally... THIS ALL HAS TO BE DONE ON THE FLY... during games... games in which they are playing damn good football teams.

Did anyone really look at the schedule and expect a 6-2 record in the first half? Hell... at first glance I would have been satisfied with a 4/4 record considering the competition and factors listed above.

Bottom line… This team is only going to get better as the season goes on... best time to be playing best football? End of season people! Hang in there for crying out loud!

that is all,

Michael
BoiseBluTurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #47
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Bad example?

At this point last year, the Giants had given up 28 points to the God awful Redskins, 27 to the Cards and 36 to the freaking Seahawks.

The Giants DID NOT have "a lot better" defense than the Broncos at this point last year.
But but but but the seahawks had travaris jackson and were defending nfc west champs.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #48
dictionary

Quote:
We are 5 games into the season with a lot of football still left to be played.
So you are saying there's a chance?
Old 10-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #49
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
So you are saying there's a chance?
If we had a chance last year at 1-4 with Tebow, we definitely have a chance this year at 2-3 with Manning.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #50
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Bad example?

I mean't Giants talent is alot better then we have here. They might not have played any better then us early on in the season. Their starting D is far more talented so a turnaround at crunch time is alot easier for them then it would be for us. Giants won the SB with that D Denver's D still sucks.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 10-08-2012 at 12:22 PM..