The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #26
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I agree.

The time to meltdown is if we lose to the Chargers. Then the hole will be hard to climb out of.

FOR NOW, we're 1-0 in the division and 0-0 against our primary (only, really) competition.

Thank God we play in the ****ing AFCW...
Hell yeah.

The last two years, this team has continued to improve, and we are slowly working our way back towards being a great team.

There were a lot of positives about the game yesterday, and regardless of our defensive deficiencies, we just needed to make about 3-4 more plays to win that game. Right now, we're still rough around the edges, but i'm actually excitied to see how we look in the last quarter of the season.

Win the division, get to the playoffs. We have enough talent to win, but we just need to cut down on costly mistakes.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #27
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Hell yeah.

The last two years, this team has continued to improve, and we are slowly working our way back towards being a great team.

There were a lot of positives about the game yesterday, and regardless of our defensive deficiencies, we just needed to make about 3-4 more plays to win that game. Right now, we're still rough around the edges, but i'm actually excitied to see how we look in the last quarter of the season.

Win the division, get to the playoffs. We have enough talent to win, but we just need to cut down on costly mistakes.
^ growth is the key word.

Our younger players dont need to get on Peyton's level as that's far from realistic, but some solid growth in key spots (ie: WRs consistently CATCHING the football, not putting the ball on the ground in the opponents red zone, getting to the ball over the middle a step earlier to knock it loose or get it, calm down and stay disciplined in gaps, etc) will elevate this team and give us a shot
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #28
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
During the 2011 season many complained each and every week while we won "ugly". They complained all the way to the playoffs and complained even when we won the first game. What they missed? One of the funniest and most exciting seasons since the SBs.

Go Broncos!
FYP

The claims of "divine intervention" were hilarious. After the Bears game, last year (when Marion Barber fumbled, and allowed Tebow another chance), I just turned to my Bears fan friend and said "Um...sorry?"
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #29
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
During the 2011 season many complained each and every week while we won "ugly". They complained all the way to the playoffs and complained even when we won the first game. What they missed? One of the funnest and most exciting seasons since the SBs.

Go Broncos!
This raises a good point... last year we won ugly, this year we're losing pretty.

It's not hard to paint some lipstick on those pigs because of the quality of opponent, but we need to put some W's up starting Monday before the hole gets too deep
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #30
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I'm just gonna blame the losses on Rev changing his avatar.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #31
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
During the 2011 season many complained each and every week while we won "ugly". They complained all the way to the playoffs and complained even when we won the first game. What they missed? One of the funnest and most exciting seasons since the SBs.

Go Broncos!
Hopefully the D rallies like it did in the middle of the season and carries the team to the playoffs like it did last year.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #32
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
It really is every time, isn't it?

I should put the old Tebow in the tunnel one back up from the win-streak...
Old 10-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #33
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I blame anything that happens badly anywhere on theRev's avatar changes.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #34
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I think our O will definitely get better. Our D on the other hand, I'm not so optimistic. If teams try to mimic what the patriots did yesterday our guys will be worn out by week 8.

It's great to see Thomas coming up with some big catches (the fumbles suck obviously). Peyton's arm strength looks like it's improving every single week. Von Miller is a top two LB in the game (Willis).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #35
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I think our O will definitely get better. Our D on the other hand, I'm not so optimistic. If teams try to mimic what the patriots did yesterday our guys will be worn out by week 8.

It's great to see Thomas coming up with some big catches (the fumbles suck obviously). Peyton's arm strength looks like it's improving every single week. Von Miller is a top two LB in the game (Willis).
There are very few teams that can do what NE did yesterday on offense.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #36
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

I hope every team we play game plans for something they are not capable of doing vs us.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #37
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireOrange View Post
If you was not a complete retard going in this game, you’re not surprised today that the Broncos lost. Week 5, on the road, and @ NE – come on man! The Broncos are 1 game back in the AFC-W and they have played a pretty brutal schedule. Compared to the rest of the division, Denver looks heads and shoulders above the rest and the Broncos’ haven’t even scratched the surface on how good they will be by week 16. The Manning to DT connection is going to be unstoppable. Pay attention. Bottom line, all the Broncos need to do is win the west because by playoff time, no team will be able to play 4 quarters with them, and that includes the Patriots. Next week is crucial, and after that the schedule gets much more favorable. So quit whining. The Broncos are poised for a serious run - 11 straight even – they have’em just where they want’em.

Oh, and to those comparing last year's Broncos with this year's Broncos, help me help you by putting your head back in your own buttcrack and all the way up it. You're stupid.
Awesome MF Post. Bring it.

But the Broncos anti-fans won't hear any of it.... LOL

This is the NFL. Enjoy it, or else....
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #38
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireOrange View Post
If you was not a complete retard going in this game, you’re not surprised today that the Broncos lost. Week 5, on the road, and @ NE – come on man! The Broncos are 1 game back in the AFC-W and they have played a pretty brutal schedule. Compared to the rest of the division, Denver looks heads and shoulders above the rest and the Broncos’ haven’t even scratched the surface on how good they will be by week 16. The Manning to DT connection is going to be unstoppable. Pay attention. Bottom line, all the Broncos need to do is win the west because by playoff time, no team will be able to play 4 quarters with them, and that includes the Patriots. Next week is crucial, and after that the schedule gets much more favorable. So quit whining. The Broncos are poised for a serious run - 11 straight even – they have’em just where they want’em.

Oh, and to those comparing last year's Broncos with this year's Broncos, help me help you by putting your head back in your own buttcrack and all the way up it. You're stupid.
thank you !!!!!!I was going to put something damn close to this .I am kind of sick of the p***Ys on this site.
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #39
spiralism

We're not going to turn the ball over three times and make idiotic mistakes every game. Even when we do, we wont play the Patriots or Falcons every week and could get away with it (See Oakland)
Old 10-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #40
Drunken.Broncoholic

Fan overreaction is normal. It happens. It will never go away. The sky falls on a Sunday night after a loss and by Wensday things calm a bit. Other than our loss yesterday wasn't so bad since the chargers chiefs both lost. While wildcard potential teams like cincy also lost. I don't see a lot of great teams in the afc right now. Only 1 3-2 team and they lost. Lots of 2-2,2-3 teams
Old 10-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #41
Meck77

It doesn't matter if we are winning or losing for people to whine at the orangemane. It's tradition here. Oh if we could bump some of the threads from the miserable season of 2005 when we "won ugly" all the way to the AFC championship game. lmfao!

Each week it was as if we'd gotten our asses kicked because it wasn't pretty and the stats weren't either. The scoreboard almost always had the right stat though!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #42
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
It doesn't matter if we are winning or losing for people to whine at the orangemane. It's tradition here. Oh if we could bump some of the threads from the miserable season of 2005 when we "won ugly" all the way to the AFC championship game. lmfao!

Each week it was as if we'd gotten our asses kicked because it wasn't pretty and the stats weren't either. The scoreboard almost always had the right stat though!
God that season was so damn fun. Last year was the only rival, imo, since the superbowl years.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #43
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post

I remember that fondly. The standard question was..."Who do we blame this victory on?"
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #44
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

i know, our 3 losses are to the 2 best teams (ATL and HOU) and to the patriots on the road. It will get easier. Giants where 9-7 last year. All we need to do is get into the playoffs and get hot.
Peoples Champ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #45
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

I for one don't see any need to panic. They're 2-3 for cripes sake, not 0-5. The whole league is in flux with so many rookie qbs playing, and teams look heroic one week and a hot mess the next. But the broncs are still a little "off" with continuity on O, which I expected the first few weeks.

Predictions this early in the season are for suckers.
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #46
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
^ what's he yelling?
"We play Manning next week.....Nooorvvv!"
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote