The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default Breaking down the Broncos and Chargers remaining schedules

@ San Diego---WIN
BYE
New Orleans--Win
@ Cincy--Win
@ Carolina--Win
San Diego--Win
@ KC--win
Tampa Bay--win
@ Oakland--Win
@ Baltimore--Loss
Cleveland--Win
KC--Win

12-4 for our beloved boys in Orange

Chuggers

Denver--Loss
@ Cleveland--Win
KC--win
@ Tampa--Loss
@ Denver--Loss
Baltimore--Win
Cincinnatti-Win
@ Pittsburgh--Loss
Carolina--Win
@ NY Jets-- LOSS
Oakland--win

9-7 for the chargers....

Keep in mind--we have lost only to Atlanta (5-0), Houston (who will be 5-0 after embarrasing the Jets on MNF) and losing to New England in Foxborough.....nothing to hang our heads about and we battled throughout in each game. We simply need to get more consistent. San Diego wasn't even competitive with Atlanta.....
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Keep in mind--we have lost only to Atlanta (5-0), Houston (who will be 5-0 after embarrasing the Jets on MNF) and losing to New England in Foxborough.....nothing to hang our heads about and we battled throughout in each game.
How on Earth is this not a tag at the end of everyone's posts here yet? The percentage of posts over the last 12 hours with some variation of this somewhere in it has to be over 90%. It would save time if the mods could just insert it at the end of every post for the rest of the week.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
Drunken.Broncoholic

Chargers have a fluffy schedule. If they beat Denver this week they are on track win the west, and broncos have to HOPE the rest of the afc puts up stinkers so 8-8 9-7 gets a wildcard. Broncos beat SD they have a better shot at winning the west and puts pressure on SD.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Chargers have a fluffy schedule. If they beat Denver this week they are on track win the west, and broncos have to HOPE the rest of the afc puts up stinkers so 8-8 gets a wildcard. Broncos beat SD they have a better shot at winning the west and puts pressure on SD.
Even a split with San Diego should give us the AFC West....
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

I like this outlook, I don't think we have the quality needed to win the next 8 games. From the D's spotty performance I think you can drop two of those pretty easily (including next Monday) to get us to 10 wins.

I don't see us winning much more than that based on what I have seen so far.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Even a split with San Diego should give us the AFC West....
I'm thinking a split. But I don't see SD losing to Tampa Pitt or jets. Add the split in and they have a pretty good record.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

I think we beat Baltimore and lose to NO
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #8
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

I don't see us going 9-1 the final 10 games, more like 7-3. But I also don't see SD beating Baltimore and Cincinatti. I'm telling you guys, if we beat them on Monday night we got the division
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #9
Drunken.Broncoholic

Miami beating Cincy helped out in the wildcard dept too. Should be in great shape with a win mon night
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #10
spiralism

Quote:
I'm thinking a split. But I don't see SD losing to Tampa Pitt or jets. Add the split in and they have a pretty good record.
Norv is good for dishing out a crap result against one of those, just wait. Splitting makes things harder but doable, sweeping puts us in command. I mean, we win next week and we're first, despite everything. Can't complain there.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #11
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

You know noothin

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Chargers have a fluffy schedule. If they beat Denver this week they are on track win the west, and broncos have to HOPE the rest of the afc puts up stinkers so 8-8 9-7 gets a wildcard. Broncos beat SD they have a better shot at winning the west and puts pressure on SD.
We play pretty much the same schedule as them for the remainder of the season. If we win next week and are tied for first we should be in pretty good shape.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #12
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
We play pretty much the same schedule as them for the remainder of the season. If we win next week and are tied for first we should be in pretty good shape.
I was thinking the entire schedules. But you are right although the Baltimore game is a huge difference in being away instead of home. Broncos have a horrible time there
Old 10-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #13
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Dunno about all those W's for Denver. I'm guessing more like 7-4, hopefully 8-3. Really need to sweep SD because it looks like they'll be about 10-6.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #14
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

San Diegos defense is very good this year. Its gonna be tough to beat them. Their offense however, isnt as good as it was in the past. I hope Gaither plays and his back gives out in the middle of the game so we can get free sacks like the saints did.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
San Diegos defense is very good this year. Its gonna be tough to beat them. Their offense however, isnt as good as it was in the past. I hope Gaither plays and his back gives out in the middle of the game so we can get free sacks like the saints did.
I have to agree. Their defense stopping us will be their goal. I don't think they will be able to though. And, their OL is highly suspect. I anticipate that Von and Doom and company put in another effort similar to that against the Raiders.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #16
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I think we tie at 9-7 with us getting the nod with a better divisional record.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #17
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

If Denver can win out in the division and beat the teams they're supposed to, I like their chances to make the postseason.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #18
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
I like this outlook, I don't think we have the quality needed to win the next 8 games. From the D's spotty performance I think you can drop two of those pretty easily (including next Monday) to get us to 10 wins.

I don't see us winning much more than that based on what I have seen so far.
I do ... we are getting better in several areas each game. And Manning and the Offense is starting to really click. Need some work on the run game and HOLDING ON TO THE DAMN BALL, but other than that things are looking very bright for the rest of this season on Offense and even as the whole team post the bye week.

I see us dropping maybe two of the remaining 10 after the bye. Possibly 3 and in either case will win the AFC west as long as we beat the Chargers in at least one of our head to head match ups and preferably sweep them.

There are no other teams on our remaining schedule with the fire power (other than Brees and NO perhaps and maybe a good day the Ravens) and with such precision well-oiled machinery to keep up with the kind of pace and efficiency at the no-huddle that Brady and company displayed yesterday.

And even then, our D made adjustments and helped make a game of it from mid-way through the 3rd quarter on, so they did adapt well enough for us to win, if and when, they can start with those adjustments a little sooner in the game.

That should come as this team continues to gel. Manning was awesome yesterday, he just didn't have enough chances and enough time on the field, but like I said, I don't see anyone else having THAT degree of success on us with the degree of ball control and efficient scoring offense on us
going forward at least not more that two more loses .. three tops!

If we continue to improve, even in just a couple areas,and keep pace offensively with the last couple of weeks production we will be fine the second half of the season when we are not playing top three teams every week.

In spite of the total failure of our D in the first half through much of the third quarter to get off the field on third down, we were still only one FUBAR fumble by McGahee and on onsides kick recovery (which we have been quite proficient at with Prader) away from never letting Brady back on the field and winning that game for real! The Pats D wasn't going to stop us in the fourth quarter, that's for sure.

We killed ourselves, the task now is improving on our dismal 3rd down Defense and reducing those killer ball-handing turn overs and we win that game yesterday, even with Brady and company hitting on all cylinders at their house!

Of course, if pigs could fly things would be peachy too, but the above two deficiencies ARE very amenable to correction and I trust both will be the core focus going forward.

Manning, the OLine with Kuper back and the rest of the offense is only going to get better.

I trust the D can similarly improve as well and even if they stay more of less like they have been the first five games, I still don't see many other teams beating us outside of the elite top 3 to 5 teams in this league at this point .. Not with Manning playing like this.

He won many AFC south division titles with defenses not much better than ours is now and he his starting to hit the same pace in passing prowess as he was in his glory years as well.

Fox and McCoy do have to be careful not to undermine our potential with sluggish far too conservative play calling.

Last edited by Hulamau; 10-08-2012 at 11:15 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #19
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

^ Hula makes some good points.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #20
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

We might win eight games.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #21
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Manning changes plays whenever he wants to, not too worried about McCoy. Very concerned about our third down defense. Big trend through four of the first 5 games. You want to see what good things come of getting off the field on third downs, look at what we did to the Faid. Honestly, if we fix just that one thing, we can go on an epic run. This team is probably top three in the league in average yards per play on first and second downs. On third and 7 or longer, you should be down around 25% in giving up the first down. I would guess we are probably in the 50-60% range. Not giving Manning the ball much in that scenario.

Another concern is Interceptions. We are amongst the worst in the NFL at generating Ints. We just never seem to be in position to get that tipped ball or that over throw. Rahim Moore has been playing better lately, but there was an over throw yesterday where he played the receiver rather than the ball, if he plays the ball it's a pretty easy pick on Brady. Instead we give them new life. Gotta take advantage of the miscues!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #22
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
I dont think they are that good. They gave up an average of 29 points against Atl and Saints. They have had a much easier schedule. They have beaten the Titians, Raiders and Chiefs. Got spanked against the one good team they played.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #23
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
I do ... we are getting better in several areas each game. And Manning and the Offense is starting to really click. Need some work on the run game and HOLDING ON TO THE DAMN BALL, but other than that things are looking very bright for the rest of this season on Offense and even as the whole team post the bye week.

I see us dropping maybe two of the remaining 10 after the bye. Possibly 3 and in either case will win the AFC west as long as we beat the Chargers in at least one of our head to head match ups and preferably sweep them.

There are no other teams on our remaining schedule with the fire power (other than Brees and NO perhaps and maybe a good day the Ravens) and with such precision well-oiled machinery to keep up with the kind of pace and efficiency at the no-huddle that Brady and company displayed yesterday.

And even then, our D made adjustments and helped make a game of it from mid-way through the 3rd quarter on, so they did adapt well enough for us to win, if and when, they can start with those adjustments a little sooner in the game.

That should come as this team continues to gel. Manning was awesome yesterday, he just didn't have enough chances and enough time on the field, but like I said, I don't see anyone else having THAT degree of success on us with the degree of ball control and efficient scoring offense on us
going forward at least not more that two more loses .. three tops!

If we continue to improve, even in just a couple areas,and keep pace offensively with the last couple of weeks production we will be fine the second half of the season when we are not playing top three teams every week.

In spite of the total failure of our D in the first half through much of the third quarter to get off the field on third down, we were still only one FUBAR fumble by McGahee and on onsides kick recovery (which we have been quite proficient at with Prader) away from never letting Brady back on the field and winning that game for real! The Pats D wasn't going to stop us in the fourth quarter, that's for sure.

We killed ourselves, the task now is improving on our dismal 3rd down Defense and reducing those killer ball-handing turn overs and we win that game yesterday, even with Brady and company hitting on all cylinders at their house!

Of course, if pigs could fly things would be peachy too, but the above two deficiencies ARE very amenable to correction and I trust both will be the core focus going forward.

Manning, the OLine with Kuper back and the rest of the offense is only going to get better.

I trust the D can similarly improve as well and even if they stay more of less like they have been the first five games, I still don't see many other teams beating us outside of the elite top 3 to 5 teams in this league at this point .. Not with Manning playing like this.

He won many AFC south division titles with defenses not much better than ours is now and he his starting to hit the same pace in passing prowess as he was in his glory years as well.

Fox and McCoy do have to be careful not to undermine our potential with sluggish far too conservative play calling.
As long as we have a special teams guy starting at MLB, the D will struggle.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #24
BroncoBeavis

I think we'll make 10-6. And sweep the division.

Much less hopeful come playoff time though.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #25
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I think we'll make 10-6. And sweep the division.

Much less hopeful come playoff time though.
Really? I'm the opposite. I'm just worried about getting in but feel like if we do we could be deadly. We will be better in 2-3 months than we are now and I think we can beat anyone in the AFC if we play well
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote