The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #26
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,469

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Need I remind everyone..

When John was hired he said it would be a 3-4 year rebuild..

We are currently in game 5 of the second year..

Anyone expecting playoffs or for the matter a super bowl win this year with our schedule, all of the youth on this team, just because John got Manning is thinking with their little head...
DON'T NEED THREE YEARS TO SEE HE GETS OUT COACHED WEEK AFTER WEEK
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #27
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,469

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

McD kicked his ass this week. How's that feel?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #28
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
I always felt Fox was the safe hire, after all that happened previously. I don't think he's on the hot seat regardless, but I don't think he's our coach the next time we play a Super Bowl.
Elway wanted someone with previous experience.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #29
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
McD kicked his ass this week. How's that feel?
Maybe we forgot to change our snap counts from last year?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #30
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
DON'T NEED THREE YEARS TO SEE HE GETS OUT COACHED WEEK AFTER WEEK


"HULK SMASH PUNY KEYBOARD!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #31
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
DON'T NEED THREE YEARS TO SEE HE GETS OUT COACHED WEEK AFTER WEEK
WOW..great post..What happened to you?
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #32
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,469

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

that was a good choice at the time given the disarray the team was in post McD but he has bridged the gap. Time for a better coach.

Too many bone head plays. That pooch kick today, what was that? what was the upside of that play? I would really like to know.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #33
colorado jones
Pro Bowler
 
colorado jones's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 611

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
NEVER LIKED FOX - TOO OLD AND SET IN HIS WAYS


Says the old guy...
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #34
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
McD kicked his ass this week. How's that feel?
figured he would.

he has the tools to do so..

Frankly it was JDR getting his ass beat.. not Fox..

coming up with the super fast no huddle was a brilliant stroke.. they were firing off plays sometimes before the D call was sent in almost always before it could be relayed tot eh front seven and in some cases before the DL could get lined up and set....
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #35
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
that was a good choice at the time given the disarray the team was in post McD but he has bridged the gap. Time for a better coach.

Too many bone head plays. That pooch kick today, what was that? what was the upside of that play? I would really like to know.
he asked his magic 8 ball if it was a good play. it said yes.

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #36
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
he asked his magic 8 ball if it was a good play. it said yes.

In fairness Derek Wolfe stole it from him before he had a chance of getting an accurate reading.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #37
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,138

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
DON'T NEED THREE YEARS TO SEE HE GETS OUT COACHED WEEK AFTER WEEK
Fake fg last week. Run on 3rd and 5, fake onside kick and the run play where Willis fumbled this week. Beyond retarded play calling. The coaches are just as much to blame if not more for the loss.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #38
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
DON'T NEED THREE YEARS TO SEE HE GETS OUT COACHED WEEK AFTER WEEK
it is not just coaching it takes time to get the talent on the ground and taught the scheme..

It would not have mattered had Parcells came to town we have had a really bad run on getting and keeping talent in DEN..

A coach can only do so much with 2nd/3rd tier talent..

I would have rather had someone else but at the time not a lot of Super bowl winning coaches setting around to chose from..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #39
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
that was a good choice at the time given the disarray the team was in post McD but he has bridged the gap. Time for a better coach.

Too many bone head plays. That pooch kick today, what was that? what was the upside of that play? I would really like to know.
Who?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #40
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,469

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
it is not just coaching it takes time to get the talent on the ground and taught the scheme..

It would not have mattered had Parcells came to town we have had a really bad run on getting and keeping talent in DEN..

A coach can only do so much with 2nd/3rd tier talent..

I would have rather had someone else but at the time not a lot of Super bowl winning coaches setting around to chose from..
Dude slice it any way you want does not change the fact he ordered a half on side kick / half kick it away call. that's not even counting his famous fake field goal kick.

No doubt after years of waisted draft picks and bone head FA signings we need an infusion of talent but that does not explain away those calls and yes they were that bad.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #41
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,469

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Who?
I think Rick Dennison would make a great head coach. He was almost the choice this last time you know.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #42
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,469

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Or even Manning. Let Fox wear the hat until Manning retires but let Manning have major input now. Personal & play calling.

I have always thought the second best thing about signing Manning was that one day he would slip into the HC job and I bet he will be HOF in that capacity too.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #43
Vine
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
His coaching is fine, they made some adjustments at the half to disruppt the Patsy passing game, they just didn't have an answer to the ground game nor 3 turnovers.
4 turnovers
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #44
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Dude slice it any way you want does not change the fact he ordered a half on side kick / half kick it away call. that's not even counting his famous fake field goal kick.

No doubt after years of waisted draft picks and bone head FA signings we need an infusion of talent but that does not explain away those calls and yes they were that bad.
and had they worked he would have been called a genius do you really think those were his idea?

His alone?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #45
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,469

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
and had they worked he would have been called a genius do you really think those were his idea?

His alone?
What we have here is a trend of bone head calls at the most inopportune times.

That falls to the HC.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #46
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
figured he would.

he has the tools to do so..

Frankly it was JDR getting his ass beat.. not Fox..

coming up with the super fast no huddle was a brilliant stroke.. they were firing off plays sometimes before the D call was sent in almost always before it could be relayed tot eh front seven and in some cases before the DL could get lined up and set....
I wish they would do that from the get go
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #47
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,840

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
No chance. He is literally doing nothing, so nothing he can be blamed for.
I lol'd.

I'm not a Fox hater but I DO vehemently dislike his "clock management". I put quotes around it because I think it's mismanagement. The joke is better when I explain it, right?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #48
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I think Rick Dennison would make a great head coach. He was almost the choice this last time you know.
The same Rick Dennison you thought sucked when he was our OL coach, and then our OC?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #49
dictionary
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
The one thing this team needs right not is consistency.

Every year we have a new DC, HC every 2 years, and QB's more often than HC's.

I said it in the game thread, this year is just like 1995. We will take our lumps against the good teams and beat the bad ones and next year with a couple of good LB acquisions we take it to the next level.

Anyone who expected to beat NE and Falcon's on the road with a QB recovering from a major injury is a blind homer.

The positive take away is that Peyton was throwing with authority and none of his throws looked suspect. He is getting better and as the year progresses we should be getting better.
you may very well be the only voice of reason tonight. Thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #50
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,469

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
The same Rick Dennison you thought sucked when he was our OL coach, and then our OC?
Actually he didn't at all but I realize I will never convince you of that.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Denver Broncos