The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #101
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Gort: John Elway was a garbage time QB.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #102
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
We're going to have to agree to disagree here.

1) we got BIG plays against them in "garbage time."

2) It can only be garbage time if a lead is INSURMOUNTABLE. Its not like we played perfect football JUST to fall short. Then id agree with you. We shot ourselves in the foot TWICE when we had a chance in this game. Its not "garbage time," its not "stat padded" time, and at no point did NE really back off from what they are doing.

3) NE was running on us ALL ****ING GAME. Also, their 4th and 5 call where Woodyard got a sack. Yeah, real "garbage time" call.
I'll never agree with you because i dont think you're even close to right.
Manning threw 44 times for 345 yards
Brady threw 31 times for 223 yards

take a look at those numbers and tell me who was putting up yards and stats late in a game in a furious comeback attempt and still lost by double digits.

that's garbage time. by definition. and here's the other thing, if it wasn't garbage time because we had a chance to win, then why have we lost all 3 games like this? doesn't that undermine your point? i mean if we were close enough at 31-7 to win the game, and the same with HOU and ATL, why did we lose all 3? and the fact that we lost all 3 by your logic confirms that these really were garbage time stats, right?
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #103
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
but he handed out good Halloween candy. garbage time + candy = HOF.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #104
menonite

So if you ultimately lose a game, then every point scored after you initially fall behind occurs in "garbage time"?

Last edited by menonite; 10-07-2012 at 05:41 PM..
Old 10-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #105
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Mcgahee...****ing idiot..Always fumbles the ball..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #106
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
We're going to have to agree to disagree here.

1) we got BIG plays against them in "garbage time."

2) It can only be garbage time if a lead is INSURMOUNTABLE. Its not like we played perfect football JUST to fall short. Then id agree with you. We shot ourselves in the foot TWICE when we had a chance in this game. Its not "garbage time," its not "stat padded" time, and at no point did NE really back off from what they are doing.

3) NE was running on us ALL ****ING GAME. Also, their 4th and 5 call where Woodyard got a sack. Yeah, real "garbage time" call.
I'll never agree with you because i dont think you're even close to right.
let me ask you this... if we were down 45-0 in the 3rd quarter, would that be garbage time?

what if we scored 3 quick TDs by the end of the 3rd quarter and only trailed 45-21? that's still garbage time, right?

that's the same deficit as trailing 31-7 with 4:42 to go in the 3rd quarter today. why is the hypothetical different than what happened today?
Old 10-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #107
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
Gort: 87% of the time garbage time happens.....evvvrrrrytime.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #108
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
So if you ultimately lose a game, then every point scored after you initially fall behind is "garbage time"?

not what i'm saying. he said that when we were down 31-7 with less than 5 minutes to go in the 4th wasn't garbage time because we could still have won. it would only have been garbage time if the game was unwinnable. but we didn't win. so that deficit seems pretty unwinnable to me. so i was trying to point out that the condition HE SET was not applicable. garbage time is not about whether or not some miracle can happen and you can win, it's about how the D softens and allows the losing QB to rack up stats much more easily than before the lead got out of hand.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #109
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Name change then go full retard.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #110
menonite

Does any active QB have as many comeback wins as Manning? how many points were the Colts behind in that classic Monday night game against Tampa Bay?

Nobody had ever come back from that kind of deficit with that litle time remaining. If you had been the coach you would have put in Jim Sorgi or something, right?
Old 10-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #111
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Name change then go full retard.
except i never said that, so other than the fact it's a complete fabrication, yeah whatever you say...

if i really cared, i'd break down the number of runs/passes for both teams before it was 31-7 and after it was 31-7, but i don't. i don't dwell on losses and after i logout i'm over it. bozos like you can bicker about whatever you want to bicker about... you are mere;y smashed gnats on the windshield of my life. so have fun with that.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #112
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
except i never said that, so other than the fact it's a complete fabrication, yeah whatever you say...

if i really cared, i'd break down the number of runs/passes for both teams before it was 31-7 and after it was 31-7, but i don't. i don't dwell on losses and after i logout i'm over it. bozos like you can bicker about whatever you want to bicker about... you are mere;y smashed gnats on the windshield of my life. so have fun with that.
Except you do care and that's why you have 16 posts in this thread explaining how all we do is get garbage time stats.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #113
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabronco View Post
The whole team made mistakes today, Miller excluded. Tackling was horrible and with DT and WM fuggups you just cant do that and Win against a Patriot team thats hitting on all cylinders. I thought the team fought back in the 2nd half to make it respectable at least. It does count as a L, so the they need to clean up their dang mistakes, coaching staff included. A few boneheaded play calls to boot. Go Saints !
Agreed. We can beat teams like this only when we make NO mistakes. That's not elite, but we can hang in there. I see us doing well the rest of the year against lesser teams and hopefully we're a better machine come January (here's to hoping we get there).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #114
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Except you do care and that's why you have 16 posts in this thread explaining how all we do is get garbage time stats.
not exactly, i said we've seen this sort of BS before with Orton and garbage time stats, only i specifically said Manning was no Orton and that the QB wasn't the problem, it was our run D and Run O against good teams.

but feel free to create a strawman to argue against.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #115
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:

Well if you truly don't care, then perhaps you should shut your pie hole douche....

BTW, Brees just threw a TD pass after being down 7-0....guess that by your definition is a garbage time TD if the Saints should eventually lose tonight.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #116
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
we were down 31-7 today with 4:42 left in the 3rd quarter. that IS garbage time.
actually it isn't,it is if your QB is tebow,orton or quinn cause there is no way of comming back.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #117
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
not exactly, i said we've seen this sort of BS before with Orton and garbage time stats, only i specifically said Manning was no Orton and that the QB wasn't the problem, it was our run D and Run O against good teams.

but feel free to create a strawman to argue against.
shot yourself in the p***Y, and now you're back pedaling

You said Manning got most of his yardage and TD's in "garbage time"....
Old 10-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #118
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

His names Gort for christ sakes.

Whats that, some 50's superhero robot?

Cmon, everyone knows Peyton and garbage time are not syonomous.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #119
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

The Oilers blew a 32 point lead but, sleep well knowing it was a garbage time loss.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #120
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quick question about Lucks garbage time stats this week. Since the Colts were down 21-3 at half time when did his stats stop being garbage time stats during the game?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #121
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
let me ask you this... if we were down 45-0 in the 3rd quarter, would that be garbage time?

what if we scored 3 quick TDs by the end of the 3rd quarter and only trailed 45-21? that's still garbage time, right?

that's the same deficit as trailing 31-7 with 4:42 to go in the 3rd quarter today. why is the hypothetical different than what happened today?
You can keep arguing your idiotic point, and i'll say it again.

IF YOU GET BACK IN THE GAME, ITS NOT GARBAGE TIME. Backups play in garbage time. 45-3 with 3 minutes left in the 4th is garbage time. If you can catch up, ITS NOT GARBAGE TIME.

Your pass comparison stat is absurd because they were running the ball amazingly. If we did anything to stop it, im sure he passes more.

And, AGAIN, we were hitting BIG plays during your "garbage time."

Enough, just go away, you lost this argument.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #122
errand
Ring of Famer

Gort logic 101:

John Elway threw 3 TD's in 4th qtr to beat Colt's 21-19 for his first ever come from behind win...garbage time!

John Elway threw two TD's in last 3 minutes vs. KC to win 20-19....garbage time!

Craig Morton came off bench down 34-10 in 3rd qtr to throw 3 TD's in a 2:30 span and win game 37-34...garbage time!

Yes, folks, he is that stupid.....
Old 10-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #123
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

The bottom line of this game and the season

Our turnover ratio. Our defense is pathetic and can barely get any....and our offense turns it over 2-3 times every game.

Good luck with that!

To me.............that's a middle finger directly pointed towards our lame coaches!!!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #124
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
McGahee ****ing fumbled in garbage time then. So no worries McGahee gets a pass.
Don't forget 4th and 1.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #125
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

New Orleans just took the lead in the 4th... Here we go for a garbage time comeback for the Chargers.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote