The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #76
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Alligators don't drink coffee? Not sure, wish me luck I'm going in.

TECHNICALLY SPEAKING YOU ARE RIGHT, THEY WAIT UNTIL A HUMAN DRINKS THE COFFEE THAN THEY EAT THE HUMAN.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #77
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Really...all we've heard is how Manning is the new Orton and how he was clueless......and how we never should have signed him because of his salary, etc.

where do you honestly think that reasoning comes from? It comes from alleged Broncos fans being butthurt because their boy is gone.....
No. I personally was against signing him because I felt we weren't just a Peyton Manning away, and that the roster needed to upgraded majorly before we make a splash signing like this.

I think people are okay with losing like this because we're filling up the stat sheet offensively, and that makes them feel good. The rest of the roster is nowhere near the level it needs to be for Manning to get another Super Bowl.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #78
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
How are we in every one of those games when we spot the other team 20+?

I'm getting tired of this absolving phenomenon where we can take solace that we go down 20 and manage to lose by less, because we're losing to good teams. I thought we were suppsoed to be a good team this year? What matters is who wins, not being good enough to just lose.
you can't be a playoff team if you can't beat playoff teams. that's what it boils down to. so far, we're 0-3, or maybe 1-3 if Pissburgh pulls their season out of the crapper, against teams highly likely to make the playoffs.

i don't think anybody plays this game for moral victories. some of the members of this site seem to think they do. moral victories are for teams like Cleveland and Buffalo. we shouldn't be content with those in Denver.

however, i don't think 2012 is our year anyway, so i'm not too upset about today's outcome. these are the kinds of games we need to win next year when i expect us to put in a serious effort at a SB run.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #79
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,494

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
TECHNICALLY SPEAKING YOU ARE RIGHT, THEY WAIT UNTIL A HUMAN DRINKS THE COFFEE THAN THEY EAT THE HUMAN.
Is that like a coffee cake for them? Plz rspnd!
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #80
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

You aren't going to win games when you turn the ball over inside the opponents 30 like McGahee and Demaryius did. You also aren't going to win games when teams convert 5+ 3rd and Forever opportunities (one being a rush, which was pathetic). We can't hold onto the ball and we don't force many turnovers either. Teams having 80+ yard drives on the regular for us really puts our offense up against the wall. Despite their mistakes on O, they have made some games competitive.

I'm not worried about the offense long term, but the defense has to improve a big deal.

ILB, WOLB, DE (Dumervil can't be a full-time guy anymore, he just gets crushed on screens and runs) DT, and DB are all needs. ALL OF THEM.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #81
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,494

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You aren't going to win games when you turn the ball over inside the opponents 30 like McGahee and Demaryius did. You also aren't going to win games when teams convert 5+ 3rd and Forever opportunities (one being a rush, which was pathetic). We can't hold onto the ball and we don't force many turnovers either. Teams having 80+ yard drives on the regular for us really puts our offense up against the wall. Despite their mistakes on O, they have made some games competitive.

I'm not worried about the offense long term, but the defense has to improve a big deal.

ILB, WOLB, DE (Dumervil can't be a full-time guy anymore, he just gets crushed on screens and runs) DT, and DB are all needs. ALL OF THEM.
Those 2 Woodhead 3rd down conversions were morale crushing plays. Absolutely painful to watch.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #82
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Because, last time i checked, we got in our own way 3 games. Here's the deal, in each game we were down, its not like we played perfect football only to just come up short. Against ATL and HOU, we were in the position to get the ball back with ample amounts of time and only down by a score. Our D couldnt get off the field on third down. This game? McGahee drops a 4th down pass and fumbles at the ten. Hell, you just take that fumble away, and we're in the SAME position.

Thats not out of the game. Thats in the ****ing game.
Whatever the case is, good teams don't routinely go down 20+ points, and I don't care how close or how many 'if onlys' we throw out there, this is not a good team. There's a reason we outscore teams when we go down 20, instead of when we start the game. What would that reason be?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #83
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Is that like a coffee cake for them? Plz rspnd!
SOMETIMES IT A TWINKLE SOMETIMES ITS A BOWL OF SHIIT DEPENDS ON THE HUMAN.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #84
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Being down 31-7 with about 4 minutes in 3rd qtr isn't garbage time...being down by the same score with about 4 minutes in 4th qtr is....

We were within 10 points, and driving downfield in 4th qtr and McGahee made two horrendous mistakes.....neither his turnovers or Manning's stats came in garbage time....they came against a talented team that has made better teams than ours look worse.
here's a working definition for you...

garbage time is whenever the other team's defense assumes you are passing on every down and they play a soft zone to prevent any long plays.

garbage time is whenever you are in 4th down and anything greater than 1 yard and you seriously consider going for it.

garbage time is whenever you send out your team to try an onside kick.

garbage time is when you are spiking or throwing away the ball or insturcting receivers to get out of bounds immediately after making the catch to save precious seconds on the clock.

all of that happened today.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #85
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,494

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
SOMETIMES IT A TWINKLE SOMETIMES ITS A BOWL OF SHIIT DEPENDS ON THE HUMAN.
I think this conversation has run its course.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #86
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Is that like a coffee cake for them? Plz rspnd!
HAVE WE MADE THE THREAD LESS STUPID YET?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #87
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
clearly its not, you ****ing idiot
you have a potty mouth.

do you kiss your boyfriend with that mouth?
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #88
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
you can't be a playoff team if you can't beat playoff teams.
2011 Broncos say Hi!
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #89
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
here's a working definition for you...

garbage time is whenever the other team's defense assumes you are passing on every down and they play a soft zone to prevent any long plays.

garbage time is whenever you are in 4th down and anything greater than 1 yard and you seriously consider going for it.

garbage time is whenever you send out your team to try an onside kick.

garbage time is when you are spiking or throwing away the ball or insturcting receivers to get out of bounds immediately after making the catch to save precious seconds on the clock.

all of that happened today.
Did it? Because i think our longest downfield pass plays came in "garbage time"

"Garbage time" is when youre down so much, the lead is insurmountable. Backups come in during garbage time.

The fact that we fought back EVERY loss proves it was not "garbage time."
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #90
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
you have a potty mouth.

do you kiss your boyfriend with that mouth?
OOOOH BURN
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #91
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Whatever the case is, good teams don't routinely go down 20+ points, and I don't care how close or how many 'if onlys' we throw out there, this is not a good team. There's a reason we outscore teams when we go down 20, instead of when we start the game. What would that reason be?
Im going to agree to disagree.

You can easily make the case we lost to 3 of the top 5 teams in the league. We arent a "great team," but we aren't a "bad team" either.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #92
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Did it? Because i think our longest downfield pass plays came in "garbage time"

"Garbage time" is when youre down so much, the lead is insurmountable. Backups come in during garbage time.

The fact that we fought back EVERY loss proves it was not "garbage time."
garbage time quite literally means that QB stats are garbage because they are padded during a point in the game where the defense is allowing just about everything except the deep plays because they have a large lead and are simply trying to run out the clock for the win.

the Pats were done 31-7. at that point, they just wanted to run out the clock and not give up any big plays to the Broncos.

that is garbage time. you can still comeback and win during garbage time, but it happens rarely.

should i count how many of NE's plays were running plays after the score was 31-7? or how many of our plays were passing plays after that point? if it was 75%+ running for NE and 75%+ passing for us, would you concede the point and admit that you are wrong?
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #93
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
i dont think this would shock anyone...but id rather go 3-3 Next week is winnable. This would have been a pretty big upset in my opinion. NE is pretty damn good.
Yeah, it's winnable... but we don't usually sweep San Diego, and we're going to be pretty desperate especially if San Diego wins tonight
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #94
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Im going to agree to disagree.

You can easily make the case we lost to 3 of the top 5 teams in the league. We arent a "great team," but we aren't a "bad team" either.
who is arguing that we are a bad team? Oakland and KC are bad teams. those guys will go 5-11 or 6-10. this Broncos team will be 7-9 or 8-8 or maybe 9-7. that's not a bad team. it's not a great team. we got manhandled by 3 great teams this year. we beat 1 bad team. and we beat 1 mediocre team (Pissburgh) who is just like us.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #95
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
who is arguing that we are a bad team? Oakland and KC are bad teams. those guys will go 5-11 or 6-10. this Broncos team will be 7-9 or 8-8 or maybe 9-7. that's not a bad team. it's not a great team. we got manhandled by 3 great teams this year. we beat 1 bad team. and we beat 1 mediocre team (Pissburgh) who is just like us.
Yeah, but this was the roughest part of our schedule. Other then maybe Baltimore, we don't play another "great" team the rest of the way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #96
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
here's a working definition for you...

garbage time is whenever the other team's defense assumes you are passing on every down and they play a soft zone to prevent any long plays.

garbage time is whenever you are in 4th down and anything greater than 1 yard and you seriously consider going for it.

garbage time is whenever you send out your team to try an onside kick.

garbage time is when you are spiking or throwing away the ball or insturcting receivers to get out of bounds immediately after making the catch to save precious seconds on the clock.

all of that happened today.
Umm, garbage time is when the opposing teams has the game so far out of reach nothing, not even recovering an onside kick is gonna make a difference.

If playing a soft zone meant garbage time, I guess the Drive vs. Browns in AFC title bout was garbage time....

If trying an onside kick meant garbage time, then your boy's comeback vs. dolphins last season was garbage time

If spiking the ball and running out of bounds to save precious time means garbage time, then half of Elway's (and every other QB's) comebacks came during garbage time....

My God you're stupid.......

Perspective for you.....Tim Dwight's KO return for TD and Falcons scoring last minute TD when score was 31-6 midway thru 4th qtr in SBXXXII was garbage time.... Today's offense did not face garbage time
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #97
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Exactly. The goal of "Plan A" was apparently mediocrity and an early playoff loss are the best that can be hoped for.

*Pay no attention to me. I'm bitter.*
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #98
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
garbage time quite literally means that QB stats are garbage because they are padded during a point in the game where the defense is allowing just about everything except the deep plays because they have a large lead and are simply trying to run out the clock for the win.

the Pats were done 31-7. at that point, they just wanted to run out the clock and not give up any big plays to the Broncos.

that is garbage time. you can still comeback and win during garbage time, but it happens rarely.

should i count how many of NE's plays were running plays after the score was 31-7? or how many of our plays were passing plays after that point? if it was 75%+ running for NE and 75%+ passing for us, would you concede the point and admit that you are wrong?
We're going to have to agree to disagree here.

1) we got BIG plays against them in "garbage time."

2) It can only be garbage time if a lead is INSURMOUNTABLE. Its not like we played perfect football JUST to fall short. Then id agree with you. We shot ourselves in the foot TWICE when we had a chance in this game. Its not "garbage time," its not "stat padded" time, and at no point did NE really back off from what they are doing.

3) NE was running on us ALL ****ING GAME. Also, their 4th and 5 call where Woodyard got a sack. Yeah, real "garbage time" call.
I'll never agree with you because i dont think you're even close to right.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #99
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,799

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Mcgahee fumbles a lot.
Better start Hillman..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #100
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I think all fans can agree that Denver needs to but more points on the board Quarters 1-3. Our playcalling is so conservative, it's baffling.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Denver Broncos