The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #26
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints View Post
may have to take you up on that. We are all LSU season ticket holders as well and are used to throwing the biggest tailgate you could imagine. We aren't driving though so the tailgate trailers have to stay here
cool, well I am just small time but would be happy to get you guys a beer or two

Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #27
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Shotgun Willies is nice this time of year and there is a La Quinta across the street if things get crazy.
you could even say, that place is "kickin" from time to time
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #28
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Be a man, climb a 14er.
no just no the noob no offense would get either lost or stuck or die in a storm and would have to be rescued are you trying to kill the poor guy.
cmon he a saints fan not a convict no class raider fan lol
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #29
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I would highly recommend driving to Colorado Springs. There are a ton of cool things to see and it's a 50 minutes drive. Google these things and check them out, they're a must see for anybody visiting Denver/Colorado Springs.

* NORAD

* Seven Falls

* Cliff Dwelling

* Garden Of The Gods

* Cave Of The Winds

Of course Pikes Peak will be closed down so you can't check that out. If you don't want to drive to Colorado Springs, as many have said, it will be cold for hunting/camping. Maybe do some horseback riding. You could always head up to Golden and check out the Coors plant.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #30
Saints

Thanks for all the help thus far fellas
Old 10-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #31
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Anheiser Busch brewery tour up by Boulder is an option. Free beer sampling at the end of the tour...
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #32
canadianbroncosfan

Hey guys, I'm going to thread jack for a second. Already got my day time plans for that weekend, but where are the good bars to hit up on a Saturday night?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #33
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints View Post
We fly in early Friday morning, I think we leave here at 5am. If the pheasant hunt is near the airport may do that Friday afternoon and spend Saturday checking out the breweries and the whiskey that was mentioned.

someone said head shops, how does that work?

and yeah we aren't paying for a duck hunt considering where we are from, really want to hunt something new!!!

regardless of our record, can not wait for the trip, really hoping the NHL gets its **** together because we want to go to the Avalanche game Saturday night

Wasn't going to chime in til I saw this.....good call on the avs. If you weren't a bunch of dudes I'd invite ya to this Halloween party sat night, but Colorado rules you never bring more dudes to a party then women and I am not bringing any women so that's out. But I too hope the avs are back on. Not that you care but yeah. Big time hockey fan here. I play and one of my teammates works for the avs....can u say got the hook upppppp!

Anyway what you care about. A bunch of us at another board are tailgating early and hard all day long for this game. A few rival fans is always good company.

Where are you guys staying, that will best determine what you do. And how u get around?
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #34
Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Wasn't going to chime in til I saw this.....good call on the avs. If you weren't a bunch of dudes I'd invite ya to this Halloween party sat night, but Colorado rules you never bring more dudes to a party then women and I am not bringing any women so that's out. But I too hope the avs are back on. Not that you care but yeah. Big time hockey fan here. I play and one of my teammates works for the avs....can u say got the hook upppppp!

Anyway what you care about. A bunch of us at another board are tailgating early and hard all day long for this game. A few rival fans is always good company.

Where are you guys staying, that will best determine what you do. And how u get around?
haha I don't blame ya on the party. I am a stars fan but like to attend as many different venues as possible so i really want to get to the avs game

we will have to come by a drink a few beers with yall. We usually get out at 6AM to tailgate for 7PM games at LSU so an all day tailgate is nothing new to us. What are the open container rules there? Pretty much if we each show up with a case of beer in a throw away ice chest can we walk around with it and drink without hiding it? We get spoiled in new orleans with no laws so we always try and make sure to know different states laws before going

we are renting a vehicle and staying downtown
Old 10-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #35
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I would look into a horse back ride/tour.

I like going to Denver during the fall, we used to hike a lot before my neck/back problems.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #36
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

You will enjoy the pheasant hunting at rmroosters. Check out dragon mans paintball as well. You could do a half day hunt and than shoot over to dragon mans. It's only about 20-30 minutes away from each other east of the springs. They have several fields to play on and a cool tour of military vehicles/weapons. If your in your mid 20's it would be a good day.
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #37
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
no just no the noob no offense would get either lost or stuck or die in a storm and would have to be rescued are you trying to kill the poor guy.
cmon he a saints fan not a convict no class raider fan lol
Never underestimate New Orleans.

And someone suggested Colorado Springs but I think you should keep going south and visit Pueblo. Everything you want to see, you can see in Pueblo. Great place for opposing teams' fans to visit while they're in town.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #38
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Go on a hike and get lost. Don't return until the game is over!
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #39
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Question for OP:

Is "The Big Easy" just like it is in "TREME"? You guys play Trad Jazz every corner and there are gigs next to gigs next to gigs and everyone knows everyone and their drunk Aunties? Do you do a Crawfish boil every weekend to even more live music while Anthony Bourdain waxes poetic about some odd foodie thing and beers.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #40
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I would highly recommend driving to Colorado Springs. There are a ton of cool things to see and it's a 50 minutes drive. Google these things and check them out, they're a must see for anybody visiting Denver/Colorado Springs.

* NORAD

* Seven Falls

* Cliff Dwelling

* Garden Of The Gods

* Cave Of The Winds

Of course Pikes Peak will be closed down so you can't check that out. If you don't want to drive to Colorado Springs, as many have said, it will be cold for hunting/camping. Maybe do some horseback riding. You could always head up to Golden and check out the Coors plant.
You forgot the Air Force Academy unless they no longer offer tours..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #41
Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Question for OP:

Is "The Big Easy" just like it is in "TREME"? You guys play Trad Jazz every corner and there are gigs next to gigs next to gigs and everyone knows everyone and their drunk Aunties? Do you do a Crawfish boil every weekend to even more live music while Anthony Bourdain waxes poetic about some odd foodie thing and beers.

in short yes. We love to drink, listen to good music, and boil the **** out of every type of seafood possible
Old 10-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #42
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

If you want to go fly fishing, you might try a day trip to Poudre Canyon, and drive up to Estes Park. Smokin' Dave's BBQ in Estes Park is pretty righteous. You should be able to catch some trout on the Poudre in late October, and the drive is beautiful (even after the wildfire).

It's not too high elevation, and it's not too far from Denver.

Bayou Bob's (restaurant) in downtown Denver might be a place you could meet other Saints fans before or after the game. The menu is fairly limited, and the food is decent. I don't think they have buckets though, the only place you're going to get that here is Joe's Crab Shack.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:59 AM   #43
ol#7

Two Words: Casa Bonita!

Mind. Blown.

You can thank me when your trying to find your way out of Black Bart's cave. Bring a compass.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:20 AM   #44
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Never underestimate New Orleans.

And someone suggested Colorado Springs but I think you should keep going south and visit Pueblo. Everything you want to see, you can see in Pueblo. Great place for opposing teams' fans to visit while they're in town.
What a piece of **** town and I really mean the people. ****, if you are from Denver they don't want you let alone someone out of state. Business-wise, probably the dumbest, backwards thinking and anything not from Pueblo means they don't give a ****. Hell, they wouldnt patronize Del Taco right off the freeway!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #45
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
If you want to go fly fishing, you might try a day trip to Poudre Canyon, and drive up to Estes Park. Smokin' Dave's BBQ in Estes Park is pretty righteous. You should be able to catch some trout on the Poudre in late October, and the drive is beautiful (even after the wildfire).

It's not too high elevation, and it's not too far from Denver.

Bayou Bob's (restaurant) in downtown Denver might be a place you could meet other Saints fans before or after the game. The menu is fairly limited, and the food is decent. I don't think they have buckets though, the only place you're going to get that here is Joe's Crab Shack.
COlorado STate in town for a blowout? Even so, if you are a fan of New Belgium Brewery (Fat Tire beer), this is your place. Also, go up the 6 past GOlden to Central City and Black Hawk. Cool and old mining towns turned into gambling spots. Idaho Springs is on the other side and you can still get there going through there which has a brewery and cool old town.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:53 AM   #46
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
What a piece of **** town and I really mean the people. ****, if you are from Denver they don't want you let alone someone out of state. Business-wise, probably the dumbest, backwards thinking and anything not from Pueblo means they don't give a ****. Hell, they wouldnt patronize Del Taco right off the freeway!
my cousin got left a cabin house in the mountains above peublo in a town called Buella? i think that is it but spelling may be off. He lives in Denver and hates Pueblo so much when they go to the cabin to hang out they make sure to not have to stop for anything in Pueblo lol.

I visited once, sort of a cool little mountain town, not much to do though. Killer cabin though, split log built by hand by his moms great grandfather back in the 1930's.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #47
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
SSSSSsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #48
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

True story about pueblo. We were passing through going to a friends cabin (beyond pueblo) and we stopped there for about an hour of so to stretch the legs etc. I was 13 at the time. We got there at about 10:30 Am, we are just crusing around some small part of the town and see some paintings out on the sidewalk. My buddy and I stop and check out a couple of them and this drunk lady walks up and starts talking to us about them. She was the painter and blah blah blah. She was hammered. She invites us in her shop to see more paintings (which was actually her house) and starts talking some more.
We are like ya, whatever, ok, then I had to piss, so I piss, I come back out from pissing and she takes her shirt off! I was like whaaah, so I am like okay I guess I will leave (she was FUGLY) and my friend mouths to me "help me". So i am like eric, we need to go man, our ride is waiting for us. The drunk lady starts saying no no, I need you two boys, no you cant leave. So we bolt for the door and she literally in her bra and whatever spandex type short things she was wearing chases us down the street. It was one of the most weird effed up situations ever. Like one of those "it puts the lotion on its skin" kind of vibes.

But I could have lost my Vcard when I was 13. Im glad I didnt. Probably would have been killed and tortured too. It was really really bizarre
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #49
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Prepare your collective ass.

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #50
Bacchus

Quote: