The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #51
Black96WS6
Perennial Pro-bowler

They are seriously going to do this! That's awesome

Black96WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #52
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Oh they're doing it. Go over to Chiefs planet. The guy that runs the business apparently gave them a discount because "they are doing God's work."

I think it's great. My only question is, what took them so long? I mean they haven't won a playoff game since 1994 and have had worse QB's than Matt Cassel starting for them. They suffered through the Carl Peterson 25 year plan, for crying out loud. That dude was just as arrogant and belligerent as Pioli. Then there was the 80's garbage era. I wonder what pushed them over the edge.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #53
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I wonder what pushed them over the edge.
Pioli started charging season ticket holders extra if they left wrappers and other trash around their seats at the end of games.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #54
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments...iefs_fans_are/
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #55
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Pioli started charging season ticket holders extra if they left wrappers and other trash around their seats at the end of games.
I'm OK with that. people are pigs. I hate going to baseball games because people just throw their shells on the ground
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #56
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Some ChefsPlanet regulars have been collecting donations to hire an airplane to pull a banner around the stadium on Sunday. It looks like they have the money to do it. The banner will say, "WE DESERVE BETTER! FIRE PIOLI - BENCH CASSEL!" (The link takes you to the ChefsPlanet thread, in case you are interested in reading it).

How much does it suck to be a Chefs fan right now? They were just giddy over Tebow being our starting QB last year. It's funny how everything turned out. We won the division - with Tebow. We won a playoff game - with Tebow (younger Chefs fans haven't seen their team win a playoff game in their lifetime). And now, the Chefs and Broncos are franchises going in opposite directions - and that's putting it lightly.

Anyway, the banner thing is kind of funny. That has to be embarrassing, for the Hunt family.
Plus Manning stiff-armed them to come to Denver.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #57
Bacchus

Quote:
Oh they're doing it. Go over to Chiefs planet. The guy that runs the business apparently gave them a discount because "they are doing God's work."

I think it's great. My only question is, what took them so long? I mean they haven't won a playoff game since 1994 and have had worse QB's than Matt Cassel starting for them. They suffered through the Carl Peterson 25 year plan, for crying out loud. That dude was just as arrogant and belligerent as Pioli. Then there was the 80's garbage era. I wonder what pushed them over the edge.
It wasn't Peterson's 25 year plan it was his 5 year plan reset 5 times.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #58
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

My guess is it's a combination of things. Carl wasn't great, but he started out by taking the crap team from the 80's and making them respectable - if not great - in the 90's. That bought him a lot of time. Pioli, on the other hand, took a **** team and let it grow a couple years into mediocrity. One could argue that he hasn't really done anything to improve the team beyond just letting the young guys we had drafted to mature a bit.

In addition, Carl never had one single thing that everyone could rally around. He seemed to fail at FINDING quarterbacks, but at least he tried. By contrast, Pioli latched onto a known mediocre quarterback, paid him like the next Manning, and then refused to set in place any backup plans whatsoever. That's an easier transgression to rally around.

Finally, social media has matured quite a bit in the past decade. ChiefsPlanet was around for the later Carl years of course, but things didn't "go viral" to the same extent back then. While CP is driving this whole deal, it's fueled by the idea that enough attention to it will help to drive the fanbase's furor well beyond the Planet. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen, but that's part of why it's got full steam right now.
DaFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #59
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21’s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #60
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Flying over the stadium for an hour before the game

Awesome
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #61
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
I read some of the thread, pretty entertaining really. Have to give them credit, they raised a **** load of money real quick, and it looks like they are going to actually fly the thing. Those guys are definitely hating life right now though.
It's good to see a fan base join together to try to make the team better. And still to this day i always consider the Chiefs one of the best fan base in the NFL they deserve a better team.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #62
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
lol Funny and sad at the same time
Old 10-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #63
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
We should fly a competing banner that says GO PIOLI, CASSEL IS THE MAN.
lol Yes
Old 10-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #64
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
this is exactly the type of media exposure that will benefit the cause. It will only be a matter of time before the national media picks up the story, and this might happen on Sunday when the national media sees this banner flying over head.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #65
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
this is exactly the type of media exposure that will benefit the cause. It will only be a matter of time before the national media picks up the story, and this might happen on Sunday when the national media sees this banner flying over head.
Getting there...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl
Old 10-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #66
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
When did they become the Wichita Chiefs?

Also that's awesome work by those guys, won't make a difference, but good work.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #67
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
When did they become the Wichita Chiefs?

Also that's awesome work by those guys, won't make a difference, but good work.
The "Wichita Chiefs fan" tag is a bit misleading...

That story is from Wichita, KS...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:01 AM   #68
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
I'm OK with that. people are pigs. I hate going to baseball games because people just throw their shells on the ground
Ye and what happens when you get a bill because you left at halftime during another chefs blowout loss, only to have some other jerwad leave his trash there. How do they know where the trash came from? I have sat in shells from the people behind me lots of times...seems kinda random.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:08 AM   #69
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Ye and what happens when you get a bill because you left at halftime during another chefs blowout loss, only to have some other jerwad leave his trash there. How do they know where the trash came from? I have sat in shells from the people behind me lots of times...seems kinda random.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:12 AM   #70
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I heard it on XM ESPN radio two days ago.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #71
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
In addition, Carl never had one single thing that everyone could rally around. He seemed to fail at FINDING quarterbacks, but at least he tried. By contrast, Pioli latched onto a known mediocre quarterback, paid him like the next Manning, and then refused to set in place any backup plans whatsoever. That's an easier transgression to rally around.

Finally, social media has matured quite a bit in the past decade. ChiefsPlanet was around for the later Carl years of course, but things didn't "go viral" to the same extent back then. While CP is driving this whole deal, it's fueled by the idea that enough attention to it will help to drive the fanbase's furor well beyond the Planet.
To do what? Yes we get it Fire Pioli, and Bench Cassel but what's that going to accomplish other than Crennel getting more power over personnel decisions ( ) in the offseason while Quinn/Stanzi go into full blown suck mode during this one?

The reality is that the Chiefs have an underachieving roster (except for Charles, Houston and maybe Hali), with a HC doubling as a DC as the defense gives up huge chunks of points and yardage, hit and miss WRs, an average OL, and an average QB.

Who do you think had a bigger hand in bringing in Quinn to KC? Crennel or Pioli?
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #72
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
To do what? Yes we get it Fire Pioli, and Bench Cassel but what's that going to accomplish other than Crennel getting more power over personnel decisions ( ) in the offseason while Quinn/Stanzi go into full blown suck mode during this one?

The reality is that the Chiefs have an underachieving roster (except for Charles, Houston and maybe Hali), with a HC doubling as a DC as the defense gives up huge chunks of points and yardage, hit and miss WRs, an average OL, and an average QB.

Who do you think had a bigger hand in bringing in Quinn to KC? Crennel or Pioli?
Given that this is your reaction, I'm going to assume that you don't really understand how this stuff works and simply move on. I don't care enough to waste my time.

Last edited by DaFace; 10-06-2012 at 06:13 PM..
Old 10-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #73
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Given that this is your reaction, I'm going to assume that you don't really understand how this stuff works and simply move on. I don't care enough to waste my time.
That's a great way of saying "I have no idea."

But you're right, move along now and enjoy the rest of your season.

fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #74
rideco

Well they have pulled it off.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #75
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

^ glorious
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote