The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #101
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
How so? Well the jets defense would certainly give up more than 23. My point is in saying he couldn't do it based on him AND a jets D. If the jets had a crushing defense then the probability is a bit better. But right now Manning would shred that defense. Aaron berry?
Our defense wasn't all that crushing until Tebow Time last year either. Like the Jets, many of the pieces were there. This week they were hanging around against the Niners 'til almost the end of the 3rd. The D was just on the field way too long and caved in at the end.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #102
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Our defense wasn't all that crushing until Tebow Time last year either. Like the Jets, many of the pieces were there. This week they were hanging around against the Niners 'til almost the end of the 3rd. The D was just on the field way too long and caved in at the end.
The loss of Revis is huge. Drops their D significantly. It's like is losing champ or Von. I just don't see a W for a tebow led jets in the playoffs. If it happens you can blast me forever.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #103
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Tebow/Sanchez, potaaaato, potahhto. It really doesn't matter they'll suck either way. Especially with Revis done for the year. I'd rather suck with Tebow and at least be entertained watching him wildly run around in the backfield looking for a running lane, than suck with Sanchez and watch him take sacks with a deer in the headlights look on his face.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #104
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Tebow/Sanchez, potaaaato, potahhto. It really doesn't matter they'll suck either way. Especially with Revis done for the year. I'd rather suck with Tebow and at least be entertained watching him wildly run around in the backfield looking for a running lane, than suck with Sanchez and watch him take sacks with a deer in the headlights look on his face.
He totally Orton-fetal'd on one play Sunday. It was eerie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #105
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
PIT won with defense all year. Until they played us. We put up more passing yards on them than any other team. And more points than most.
Missing their starting nose tackle, DE and safety...who led their team in tackles...certainly helped.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #106
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
He totally Orton-fetal'd on one play Sunday. It was eerie.
It was a breaking point game. . .his Waterloo. The fan base (even previous Sanchez supporters) are done with him. He might start a few more games, but no DC in the league fears Mark Sanchez. Especially, now that he looks particularly indecisive with the ball.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #107
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Missing their starting nose tackle, DE and safety...who led their team in tackles...certainly helped.
Come playoff time you'd have a harder time finding a team that DIDN'T have those kinds of injuries. We could've used Kupe, Dawk, and Von's thumb too. But they couldn't make it. You play with what you have.

Never heard so much whining on behalf of one's opponent.

And lol on the leading tackler thing. I guess Deej being out means we've got a built-in excuse to lose every game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #108
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Come playoff time you'd have a harder time finding a team that DIDN'T have those kinds of injuries.
Please. Go ahead. Name the 6 other teams that were missing 3 of their top 5 defenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
We could've used Kupe, Dawk, and Von's thumb too. But they couldn't make it. You play with what you have.
Ummm, ok. I didn't even get into the offensive injuries Pitt had. And Von at least played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
And lol on the leading tackler thing. I guess Deej being out means we've got a built-in excuse to lose every game.
Clark was a probowler last year. Where was DJ?
And it's a tad bit better to be the leading tackler on the #1 defense in the league, especially at safety, than the #20 ranked defense.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #109
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Clark was a probowler last year. Where was DJ?
And it's a tad bit better to be the leading tackler on the #1 defense in the league, especially at safety, than the #20 ranked defense.
So now their D was great and ours was terrible? You spin me right round, baby.

BTW, Dawk was also a pro-bowler. If that's supposed to mean something.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #110
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
So now their D was great and ours was terrible? You spin me right round, baby. .
What are you talking about, spin? They were DURING THE REGULAR SEASON, the number one ranked defense in the league. I never questioned that.

What I have questioned from the beginning is how people can pretend that the defense that was out there for the Steelers during that playoff game was the exact same unit that earned that #1 ranking......or even a reasonable facsimile. It wasn't even close. Had THAT unit played all 16 regular season games, their ranking probably would've been somewhere in the 20s.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #111
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Sanchez 1-0 vs Brady in the playoffs how about Tebow?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #112
Stagger Lee
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

It doesn't matter who they start. That team is devoid of offensive talent now that Holmes is down. I can't believe they are 2-2, but that's not going to last either. Once they are a couple of games under .500, I can't imagine they won't make the move to Tebow then.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #113
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
What are you talking about, spin? They were DURING THE REGULAR SEASON, the number one ranked defense in the league. I never questioned that.

What I have questioned from the beginning is how people can pretend that the defense that was out there for the Steelers during that playoff game was the exact same unit that earned that #1 ranking......or even a reasonable facsimile. It wasn't even close. Had THAT unit played all 16 regular season games, their ranking probably would've been somewhere in the 20s.
Yeah because NFL history is littered with elite defenses that fell apart as soon as they lost their second best safety and a nose tackle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #114
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah because NFL history is littered with elite defenses that fell apart as soon as they lost their second best safety and a nose tackle.
Now who's spinning: they lost 3 of their 5 best defenders. That would hurt any defense.....significantly.

Take away Champ, Miller and Porter from our defense and see how we look.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #115
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Beavis you have to change your avatar and tag lines -- we voted you out of the alliance in a secret ballot session that was cast when I was serving my two week sentence for rep bombing.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #116
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,092

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
And a cover zero that was balls on the table obviously a cover zero. No disguising it, no trying to promote confusion, just flat out daring him to throw, which to Timmy's credit he did. Also, even if Tebow does start and teams do go cover zero against him, it's not like the Jets have a receiver with Demaryius' size, speed, strength metrics.
Stephen Hill is 6-4, 215, was clocked @ 4.36 in the 40. He's even from the same damn school!
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #117
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,092

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
how so?

After 4 games, Bronco D was 29th in points allowed (link), and 23rd in total yards allowed (link).

We had a struggling, mediocre QB who turned the ball over alot, a big, young WR from Georgia Tech with a limited route tree, and an OL many considered to be one of the worst in the league.

Things were looking really dim around here last year at this time.
here's a couple more parallels:
  • we lost our best WR about this time last year, when Lloyd demanded a trade.
  • after week 4, we scored 81 points, good for 22nd in the league (link). In 2012, the Jets have scored 81 points, good for 22nd in the league.

Heading into game 5, we had two 2nd year WR's who had no OTA's, two journeymen TE's, an over-the-hill RB and another back made of glass who loves to dance in the hole. We struggled to put points on the board, and all hope was lost. We were staring down the barrel of a 3-13 season.

Have you all forgotten what the end of the Orton era was like already?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #118
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,092

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Here's the difference between 2011 Broncos and 2012 Jets: We had our OT win in Miami in week 7, whereas the Jets had their OT win in Miami in week 3.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #119
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Beavis you have to change your avatar and tag lines -- we voted you out of the alliance in a secret ballot session that was cast when I was serving my two week sentence for rep bombing.
This is what I love about the Mane. In the midst of a discussion diminishing our incredible season/playoff win last year a poster starts talking about kicking someone out (in secret ballot mind you) of a meth alliance society here.

All while said poster was serving a two week ban for rep boming.

The OrangeMane, cause crazy has got nothing on us.

fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #120
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Now who's spinning: they lost 3 of their 5 best defenders. That would hurt any defense.....significantly.

Take away Champ, Miller and Porter from our defense and see how we look.
How would we have looked against that D with our leading receiver? Or if we didn't trade the leading receiver before that? Oh and without losing our best Olineman?

I never heard you drive that particular waaaaahmbulance though. Excuses are only for the losers your favorite team beat? Makes sense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #121
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,449
Default

I would love to see the Tebow start.



The entertaining FAIL on my tv would be glorious. As I predicted, that team is already starting to implode. Throw Tebow in there as the starting QB...


hahahahahaahahahahahaahahaha

oh man hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaah
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #122
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
local schoolchildren chanting for Tebow....
Who will Sanchez date now?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #123
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
How would we have looked against that D with our leading receiver? Or if we didn't trade the leading receiver before that? Oh and without losing our best Olineman?

I never heard you drive that particular waaaaahmbulance though. Excuses are only for the losers your favorite team beat? Makes sense.
Excuses are all I've seen by tebow followers his entire pro career. It doesn't bode well so far this year, and having his head coach say tebow isn't playing up to expectations make it even worse for him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #124
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Excuses are all I've seen by tebow followers his entire pro career. It doesn't bode well so far this year, and having his head coach say tebow isn't playing up to expectations make it even worse for him.
Some people want to live in the past and not look at today and the current situation. Tebow is a Jet. And I can't wait to watch that train wreck in high definition.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #125
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,855

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
I would love to see the Tebow start.



The entertaining FAIL on my tv would be glorious. As I predicted, that team is already starting to implode. Throw Tebow in there as the starting QB...


hahahahahaahahahahahaahahaha

oh man hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaah
If Tebow starts at QB does Schancez take over at Punt protector?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:52 AM.


Denver Broncos