The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #151
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Sweet pro tip, brah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Loved the Cutler pick when I saw him in person throwing the ball in his first camp in 2006 and still love it today. I would welcome him back on the team with open arms, I would gladly apologize to him for how he was treated by Satan McD, Joe "Wormtongue" Ellis and the gutless drunk himself , and I wouldn't be opposed to throwing rose petals on the ground as he entered the Valley (if that ever happened). I don't have any problems with his attitude and I never have.

Go Jay!

Quote:
I dont think the offense changed that much. It's still Shanny's offense and we still saw us runnign ZBS and alot of rollout even with Jay (that great throw vs. Arizona was on rollout play). Yes, some more shotgun and dropback stuff, but its in the base offense, just not featured as often earlier.

Balls? Shanny made Plummer. Plummer was nothing without Shanny. He was at the nadir of his career at the end in Arizona and Shanny rescued him and made him into a playoff QB. Plummer was entitled to nothing. And he **** the bed in the AFFCCG and proved Shanny right by playing god awful in 2006. Ho we started out 6-2 despite his absolutely awful play is a testament to Shanny's greatness.

It bewilders me that Jake can keep making these snide comments from time to time about Shanny. He ****ing made him and enriched him. What ungratefulness. And Jake admitted that he mailed it in. Yeah....he's a real stud, I'm not shocked in the least that you like him. He admitted he pussed out. But go on, suck him off some more.

Pro tip: Using dumb nicknames like Tanahan doesnt make your arguments stronger.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #152
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Loved the Cutler pick when I saw him in person throwing the ball in his first camp in 2006 and still love it today. I would welcome him back on the team with open arms, I would gladly apologize to him for how he was treated by Satan McD, Joe "Wormtongue" Ellis and the gutless drunk himself , and I wouldn't be opposed to throwing rose petals on the ground as he entered the Valley (if that ever happened). I don't have any problems with his attitude and I never have.

Go Jay!
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #153
Meck77

Debating Cutler and Plummer is like politics and religion. No matter how much you think someone's opinion is wrong people will blindly stand behind jerkoffs like cutler!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #154
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Debating Cutler and Plummer is like politics and religion. No matter how much you think someone's opinion is wrong people will blindly stand behind jerkoffs like cutler!
That "jerk off" was a budding star here and has had dramatically more success than the Broncos have had since being traded by the worst thing to ever happen to the organization.

But 1+1 must = 62
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #155
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I don't have any problems with his attitude and I never have.
Assuming you're serious, which sadly I think you are, this is just a ridiculously stupid take. You really need to have more perspective than this. Cutler is fantastically talented. One of the best arms in the league. But there's a reason the opinion of him around the league doesn't remotely match the level of his talent. Any guess what those reasons are?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #156
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Assuming you're serious, which sadly I think you are, this is just a ridiculously stupid take. You really need to have more perspective than this. Cutler is fantastically talented. One of the best arms in the league. But there's a reason the opinion of him around the league doesn't remotely match the level of his talent. Any guess what those reasons are?
Yeah, really.

Question: Has Cutler lived up to his potential? Why or why not? If not, is it all someone else's fault? Does he bear any blame?

Ah, what's the use. Haters gonna hate, and cup sniffers gonna sniff...loooooong and deep.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #157
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That "jerk off" was a budding star here and has had dramatically more success than the Broncos have had since being traded by the worst thing to ever happen to the organization.

But 1+1 must = 62
not so sure about that. The Bears have won just 1 playoff game since Cutler has been there, along with being the division champion. Yes, Chicago has won more games but in the end, Cutler has not gotten them any closer to a championship than TT, and the Broncos have also managed to be divisional champs as well. The Broncos W/L record from 2009 until 2011 is 20/28 and dabearz record over the same period of time is 26/22.

Dramatically more successful? No. And very much even in the playoffs.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #158
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Fools.

Gold.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #159
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
not so sure about that. The Bears have won just 1 playoff game since Cutler has been there, along with being the division champion. Yes, Chicago has won more games but in the end, Cutler has not gotten them any closer to a championship than TT, and the Broncos have also managed to be divisional champs as well. The Broncos W/L record from 2009 until 2011 is 20/28 and dabearz record over the same period of time is 26/22.

Dramatically more successful? No. And very much even in the playoffs.
I suppose that's true

...if you're retarded and think being blown out in the divisional round = a championship game loss to the superbowl champs after an injury to Jay took him out of the game.

And that doesn't even bother mentioning the most futile season in franchise history or that they were on pace for a postseason return before another injury completely derailed their season last year.

Nice try though
Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #160
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I suppose that's true

...if you're retarded and think being blown out in the divisional round = a championship game loss to the superbowl champs after an injury to Jay took him out of the game.

And that doesn't even bother mentioning the most futile season in franchise history or that they were on pace for a postseason return before another injury completely derailed their season last year.

Nice try though

The fact that the Broncos have one divisional win and one playoff win, matching the exact same post season record and championship record the Bears have since acquiring Cutler basically shreds your "dramatic difference" crapola. The way the Bears lost in their conference game playoff appearance makes no difference and injuries are just part of the game.

As for the Broncos 4-12 regular season, yes, that sucked. But the turmoil the team was going through was huge as well. Other than that one season where the Broncos went 4-12 and the bears went 11-5, the Broncos regular season record and the bears regular season record is about the same.

Dramatic difference? Nope. More drama for the Broncos? Yep.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #161
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

The fact that the Broncos have one divisional win and one playoff win, matching the exact same post season record and championship record the Bears have since acquiring Cutler basically shreds your "dramatic difference" crapola. The way the Bears lost in their conference game playoff appearance makes no difference and injuries are just part of the game.

As for the Broncos 4-12 regular season, yes, that sucked. But the turmoil the team was going through was huge as well. Other than that one season where the Broncos went 4-12 and the bears went 11-5, the Broncos regular season record and the bears regular season record is about the same.

Dramatic difference? Nope. More drama for the Broncos? Yep.
Congrats. Stopped reading one sentence in.

A new record of failure.

The fact that you're arguing over the level of success of one organization vs another, while somehow penalizing one team for earning a ****ing first round bye is mind-numbingly stupid.

Like you.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #162
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Congrats. Stopped reading one sentence in.

A new record of failure.

The fact that you're arguing over the level of success of one organization vs another, while somehow penalizing one team for earning a ****ing first round bye is mind-numbingly stupid.

Like you.

ok drama queen!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #163
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

ok drama queen!
Not being dramatic, you just need to learn to inject some consistency in your argument.

Again, the discussion is about franchise success vs franchise success.

A top seed and earning a playoff bye is a GOOD thing.

The Championship game > Divisional game

^ especially when one is competitive and the other is a humiliating blow out

And there's no way to rationalize Denver's worst season ever.

Somehow you ignore all this and say "Duh we both have 1 playoff win!"

The ONLY logical conclusion is that you're a ****ing moron, and frankly there are thousands of posts corroborating that conclusion.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #164
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

I hate stalk Cutler like a scorned lover. I really am glad he's not my best turd anymore, though.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #165
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Not being dramatic, you just need to learn to inject some consistency in your argument.

Again, the discussion is about franchise success vs franchise success.

A top seed and earning a playoff bye is a GOOD thing.

The Championship game > Divisional game

^ especially when one is competitive and the other is a humiliating blow out

And there's no way to rationalize Denver's worst season ever.

Somehow you ignore all this and say "Duh we both have 1 playoff win!"

The ONLY logical conclusion is that you're a ****ing moron, and frankly there are thousands of posts corroborating that conclusion.
You stated Cutler has had "dramatically more success" than the Broncos franchise since he left the Broncos. I'm simply pointing out some facts about what has transpired since frown cannon left. When you boil it down to post season success, the difference is simply not dramatic. Each team has one playoff win. Each team has one division win. Furthermore, outside of the 2010 season which is the only real "dramatic" difference between the two franchises (I'll grant you that), the two teams regular season records are almost identical. I'm just not seeing this "dramatic difference" you keep trying to show everyone. But whatever.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #166
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
You stated Cutler has had "dramatically more success" than the Broncos franchise since he left the Broncos. I'm simply pointing out some facts about what has transpired since frown cannon left. When you boil it down to post season success, the difference is simply not dramatic. Each team has one playoff win. Each team has one division win. Furthermore, outside of the 2010 season which is the only real "dramatic" difference between the two franchises (I'll grant you that), the two teams regular season records are almost identical. I'm just not seeing this "dramatic difference" you keep trying to show everyone. But whatever.
No, you're not even posting facts.

Example:

Chicago has gone 25-17 for a .60win% with Cutler
Denver has gone 20-28 for a .42win% since

That's no small margin... that's nearly a full 20% more

And one game away from the SB and competing in it vs being blown out in the divisional round is also a very big difference.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #167
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

Example:

And one game away from the SB and competing in it vs being blown out in the divisional round is also a very big difference.
See post #157 where I talked about the regular season records for both teams from 2009 until 2011. Unlike your post above, I'm comparing a span of 48 regular season games over 3 seasons while you are comparing 42 games (the other 6 games lost to injury) as opposed to 48 games. Again, there's nothing you can do about injuries, they are just part of the game. Yes, Chicago has a better regular season record but that is primarily due to one season, 2010. Otherwise Chicago's W/L record over the other two years is 15/17 and the Broncos W/L record is 16/16. Not a dramatic difference.

As for the post season loss. A loss is a loss. In the end, the Broncos are 1-1 in the playoffs as are the Bears.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 10-02-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Old 10-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #168
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:

I know. The difference is sooooo great that both teams didn't make it to the SB.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #169
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

Example:

Not that I was for trading Cutler but if you do the same thing when he was here and compare two teams.

17-20 for a 46% win percentage with Cutler(disclaimer only counted games Jay started).
29-19 for a 60% win percentage for Chicago without Cutler.

All this points too is there is alot that goes into winning games besides one player.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #170
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
See post #157 where I talked about the regular season records for both teams from 2009 until 2011. Unlike your post above, I'm comparing a span of 48 regular season games over 3 seasons while you are comparing 42 games (the other 6 games lost to injury) as opposed to 48 games. Again, there's nothing you can do about injuries, they are just part of the game. Yes, Chicago has a better regular season record but that is primarily due to one season, 2010. Otherwise Chicago's W/L record over the other two years is 15/17 and the Broncos W/L record is 16/16. Not a dramatic difference.

As for the post season loss. A loss is a loss. In the end, the Broncos are 1-1 in the playoffs as are the Bears.
Okay, so let me clarify:

Are you saying that for you, a playoff win is a playoff win no matter?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #171
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Not that I was for trading Cutler but if you do the same thing when he was here and compare two teams.

17-20 for a 46% win percentage with Cutler(disclaimer only counted games Jay started).

All this points too is there is alot that goes into winning games besides one player.
In addition to this, it points to the fact that having Cutler doesn't translate to more wins.

In other words, he is an average quarterback, or if you're of the opinion that since a quarterback touches the ball all the time he should have a positive impact on wins, he's below average.

Put them together and you get:

Denver with Cutler 17-20, after Cutler 20-28.

Chicago before Cutler 29-19, with Cutler 25-17.

Denver was a below average team when Cutler was here, and they've been a below average team since. Chicago was a good team before Cutler, and has been a good team since.

Last edited by houghtam; 10-02-2012 at 12:15 PM..
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #172
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

d
Attached Images

Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #173
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Jay Cutler has diabetes and he is out there playing football. Some people don't go to work because their dog is sick. Cutler rules!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #174
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

I'd actually fully buy into that if they hadn't started off on the same foot (in fact, slight edge to 8-8 Denver over 7-9 Bears) and then drastically trended in different directions from there.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #175
Stagger Lee

Quote:
I'd actually fully buy into that if they hadn't started off on the same foot (in fact, slight edge to 8-8 Denver over 7-9 Bears) and then drastically trended in different directions from there.
While I tend to agree with you on Cutler, we did have a complete jackass as coach that helped push us in said downward direction.