The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #126
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
From tonight's game:

Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #127
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,546

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
I loved Plummer, but I liked the Cutler pick too. I admit I was wrong, but hell, it's time to move on right?
The Cutler pick was the right pick at the time. Plummer had choked himself out of a job and his confidence was destroyed. Jay is definitely a jerk, but we still needed to find a replacement for Cutler, and he was the best option we had at the time.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #128
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,349

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
I loved Plummer, but I liked the Cutler pick too. I admit I was wrong, but hell, it's time to move on right?
I just think the guy is a raging douche bag and glad he is not on the Broncos whether he wins a SB or not. I don't get where he gets the attitude from. His career QB rating is what, 85? Not exactly something to thump the chest about.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #129
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,159

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
The Cutler pick was the right pick at the time. Plummer had choked himself out of a job and his confidence was destroyed. Jay is definitely a jerk, but we still needed to find a replacement for Cutler, and he was the best option we had at the time.

So when we drafted him to replace himself did that cost another first round pick
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #130
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
I loved Plummer, but I liked the Cutler pick too. I admit I was wrong, but hell, it's time to move on right?
IMO Jake would have been much better with some bigger OL to protect him.. but Tanahan fell in love with cutlet and changed the O to match cutlets style.. pocket passing at least at first.. When they figured out that they were to small to drop back protect then they started rolling cutlet out again..

and well Jake got laid a lot on sundays.. Good for him..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #131
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,618

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Loved the Cutler pick when I saw him in person throwing the ball in his first camp in 2006 and still love it today. I would welcome him back on the team with open arms, I would gladly apologize to him for how he was treated by Satan McD, Joe "Wormtongue" Ellis and the gutless drunk himself , and I wouldn't be opposed to throwing rose petals on the ground as he entered the Valley (if that ever happened). I don't have any problems with his attitude and I never have.

Go Jay!
__________________
Its a Hockey Night in Pittsburgh!

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #132
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,650

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Cutler is literally one of the worst teammates in the league.

So glad he is gone.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #133
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Loved the Cutler pick when I saw him in person throwing the ball in his first camp in 2006 and still love it today. I would welcome him back on the team with open arms, I would gladly apologize to him for how he was treated by Satan McD, Joe "Wormtongue" Ellis and the gutless drunk himself , and I wouldn't be opposed to throwing rose petals on the ground as he entered the Valley (if that ever happened). I don't have any problems with his attitude and I never have.

Go Jay!

Ditto ... Kid's skill set is insane.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #134
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Loved the Cutler pick when I saw him in person throwing the ball in his first camp in 2006 and still love it today. I would welcome him back on the team with open arms, I would gladly apologize to him for how he was treated by Satan McD, Joe "Wormtongue" Ellis and the gutless drunk himself , and I wouldn't be opposed to throwing rose petals on the ground as he entered the Valley (if that ever happened). I don't have any problems with his attitude and I never have.

Go Jay!
DOOOOOONNNNNNNNTTTT CAAAAARRRREEEEEE!!!!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #135
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
The Cutler pick was the right pick at the time. Plummer had choked himself out of a job and his confidence was destroyed. Jay is definitely a jerk, but we still needed to find a replacement for Cutler, and he was the best option we had at the time.
Had the Offense not been changed to suit cutlet I doubt that Jake would have "choked" himself out of a job.. When Kubes left and they hired the new guy that BTW was a home town guy with cutlet. What was Jake supposed to think? New guy has my back, Jake never got along with Tanahan and had Kubes to run interference for him..

Kind a got hung out to dry.. tanahan was smart enough not to pull another griese on Jake because the team was behind him..

He knew it was time.. and decided to go out on his own terms.. we all know the "he is the best guy for the job " was coming.. I would guess that Jake knew it when tanahan did not have the guts to call Jake and tell him they were taking cutlet.. which would have been the class thing to do.. at least have the new OC make the call.. it was not like they had 3 picks in a row to worry about..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #136
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,618

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Had the Offense not been changed to suit cutlet I doubt that Jake would have "choked" himself out of a job.. When Kubes left and they hired the new guy that BTW was a home town guy with cutlet. What was Jake supposed to think? New guy has my back, Jake never got along with Tanahan and had Kubes to run interference for him..

Kind a got hung out to dry.. tanahan was smart enough not to pull another griese on Jake because the team was behind him..

He knew it was time.. and decided to go out on his own terms.. we all know the "he is the best guy for the job " was coming.. I would guess that Jake knew it when tanahan did not have the guts to call Jake and tell him they were taking cutlet.. which would have been the class thing to do.. at least have the new OC make the call.. it was not like they had 3 picks in a row to worry about..
I dont think the offense changed that much. It's still Shanny's offense and we still saw us runnign ZBS and alot of rollout even with Jay (that great throw vs. Arizona was on rollout play). Yes, some more shotgun and dropback stuff, but its in the base offense, just not featured as often earlier.

Balls? Shanny made Plummer. Plummer was nothing without Shanny. He was at the nadir of his career at the end in Arizona and Shanny rescued him and made him into a playoff QB. Plummer was entitled to nothing. And he **** the bed in the AFFCCG and proved Shanny right by playing god awful in 2006. Ho we started out 6-2 despite his absolutely awful play is a testament to Shanny's greatness.

It bewilders me that Jake can keep making these snide comments from time to time about Shanny. He ****ing made him and enriched him. What ungratefulness. And Jake admitted that he mailed it in. Yeah....he's a real stud, I'm not shocked in the least that you like him. He admitted he pussed out. But go on, suck him off some more.

Pro tip: Using dumb nicknames like Tanahan doesnt make your arguments stronger.
__________________
Its a Hockey Night in Pittsburgh!

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #137
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,417
Default

The only change to the O when Cutler came along was we used the whole play book from the Elway years . Where with Plummer we used a smaller version with more plays with fewer wr reads.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #138
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Ditto ... Kid's skill set is insane.
There have been plenty with the skill set bit not the mental aspect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #139
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,806
Default

did anyone else happen to notice that one of the Cowboys' TDs was thrown by Kyle Orton to Witten. that is seriously funny. Guess former Broncos having an okay night.

And for the love of God, get over it. Jay is not here. Jay is an asshat, a skilled asshat and he played pretty well last night, but he is still a petulant child 90% of the time. Doesn't mean he won't win football games and that's what matters. Though based on what I saw Romo won the game for the Bears as much as Cutler. As we already know, a good quarterback with lots of interceptions probably means we will lose the game. At least PM didn't act like a tool during his presser like Jay did when he **** the bed a few weeks ago. However, talented Jay is, I will never like him and I don't miss him. I hate McD for effin up the team, but I don't miss that kid. I wish him well, except against us, but I have no more feelings about him. I enjoy watching him play well, but I don't care anymore that I can if Tony Scheffler wins (though I really hate that guy since he did his little mile high salute last visit out...douchebag).
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #140
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,349

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Ditto ... Kid's skill set is insane.
Skills yes...brain no
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #141
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,835

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

We talk **** about Rivers and any other rival or guy that comes off as a jerk off, douche or whatever fits his personality. If those guys are fair game then why not Cutler? Same **** happened to Hillis and of course Tebow.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #142
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,296

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Don't know why there's bickering over Jay Cutler here.

I think we can all agree he's a magnificent, glorious douchebag! For me, it's almost comical, and high entertainment -- what will he do next? Will he be able to top himself?





Never change, Smokin' Jay Cutler... Never change....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #143
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I dont think the offense changed that much. It's still Shanny's offense and we still saw us runnign ZBS and alot of rollout even with Jay (that great throw vs. Arizona was on rollout play). Yes, some more shotgun and dropback stuff, but its in the base offense, just not featured as often earlier.

Balls? Shanny made Plummer. Plummer was nothing without Shanny. He was at the nadir of his career at the end in Arizona and Shanny rescued him and made him into a playoff QB. Plummer was entitled to nothing. And he **** the bed in the AFFCCG and proved Shanny right by playing god awful in 2006. Ho we started out 6-2 despite his absolutely awful play is a testament to Shanny's greatness.

It bewilders me that Jake can keep making these snide comments from time to time about Shanny. He ****ing made him and enriched him. What ungratefulness. And Jake admitted that he mailed it in. Yeah....he's a real stud, I'm not shocked in the least that you like him. He admitted he pussed out. But go on, suck him off some more.

Pro tip: Using dumb nicknames like Tanahan doesnt make your arguments stronger.
in your opinion.. which by law your entitled to however wrong it maybe

just do not confuse bromance with facts..

FWIW Tanahan got your attention did it not..

it is called name recognition.. Did what it was supposed to do.. piss off the Tanahan lovers..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #144
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,618

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
in your opinion.. which by law your entitled to however wrong it maybe

just do not confuse bromance with facts..

FWIW Tanahan got your attention did it not..

it is called name recognition.. Did what it was supposed to do.. piss off the Tanahan lovers..
Yeah, it has gotten my attention, primarily because you use it all the time. That's your right, ofcourse, but you use it so often that even if one were inclined to agree iwth you, they'd prolly get tired of it too.
__________________
Its a Hockey Night in Pittsburgh!

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #145
Jetland
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
did anyone else happen to notice that one of the Cowboys' TDs was thrown by Kyle Orton to Witten. that is seriously funny. Guess former Broncos having an okay night.

And for the love of God, get over it. Jay is not here. Jay is an asshat, a skilled asshat and he played pretty well last night, but he is still a petulant child 90% of the time. Doesn't mean he won't win football games and that's what matters. Though based on what I saw Romo won the game for the Bears as much as Cutler. As we already know, a good quarterback with lots of interceptions probably means we will lose the game. At least PM didn't act like a tool during his presser like Jay did when he **** the bed a few weeks ago. However, talented Jay is, I will never like him and I don't miss him. I hate McD for effin up the team, but I don't miss that kid. I wish him well, except against us, but I have no more feelings about him. I enjoy watching him play well, but I don't care anymore that I can if Tony Scheffler wins (though I really hate that guy since he did his little mile high salute last visit out...douchebag).
but a lawyer says he is the bestest evaaaaaaah
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #146
wandlc
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 234

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If you think we talk badly about Cutler you should hear his team mates.
I didn't know you lived in Chicago and were in the Bears locker room all the time or were on a first name basis with several Bears players.
wandlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #147
The Joker
Ring of Famer
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,296

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Played a good game tonight, managed the game well and took what the Dallas D gave him.

If he can consistently play smart ball and not turn it over the Bears are going to be a hard team to beat. That defense is fantastic.

He'll never be a likeable guy to anyone other than his mother and the clinically insane, but he can make some plays.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #148
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,159

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandlc View Post
I didn't know you lived in Chicago and were in the Bears locker room all the time or were on a first name basis with several Bears players.

I'm sure there is much you don't know.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #149
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
in your opinion.. which by law your entitled to however wrong it maybe

just do not confuse bromance with facts..

FWIW Tanahan got your attention did it not..

it is called name recognition.. Did what it was supposed to do.. piss off the Tanahan lovers..

No, its called being an immature douche. You dont have to love Shanahan, but it is completely clown shoes to purposely screw up the name.

I hate when people do that. Tanahan, McDumbass, Cutlet, Teblow...grow the **** up.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #150
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,212

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Loved the Cutler pick when I saw him in person throwing the ball in his first camp in 2006 and still love it today. I would welcome him back on the team with open arms, I would gladly apologize to him for how he was treated by Satan McD, Joe "Wormtongue" Ellis and the gutless drunk himself , and I wouldn't be opposed to throwing rose petals on the ground as he entered the Valley (if that ever happened). I don't have any problems with his attitude and I never have.

Go Jay!
That's more pathetic than his attitude. You're so blind with man-love, you honestly don't see a problem with the way he acts?!?!?!?!?

Or is this just schtick now?
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Denver Broncos