The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #26
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Stephen Hill is a good deep threat and has experience in an option from Georgia Tech, so he'd be a good fit at WR.

A more aggressive version of what the Broncos did with Tebow (instead of straight a 95% run option offense run a true spread option with a 65/35 run/pass mix) would serve the Jets well. It would fix their running game and let their OL do what they're good at (run block) and Tebow's ability to keep passing plays alive and throw a good deep ball would give them the explosiveness to be a threat. Couple that with elite D and they'd be a wild card contender.
Their D has been on the decline for 2 years and now Revis is out, no way Timmy would take that team to a WC birth.

I do miss watching him convert a 3rd and 16 with a QB draw a couple times a game.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #27
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
their offense is horrific.....put him in, let him "ground and pound" with Shonn Green and Bilal Powell...they don't throw anything down the field as it is, so I can't see how he can't do the same job as Sanchez

13/29 103 129 yards 1 INT 1Fumble...those numbers look like "Somebody That I Used to Know.."
Point being that TT who's passer rating is what 45%? would not make this offense any better. Unless they are willing to completely change everything.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #28
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Point being that TT who's passer rating is what 45%? would not make this offense any better. Unless they are willing to completely change everything.
my point being that anything is better than what they are trotting out there right now
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #29
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
my point being that anything is better than what they are trotting out there right now
The Niners have a pretty good defense too.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #30
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Tim Tebow is not going to take over for Sanchez in New York and lead them to anything this season but booing fans and mediocrity....at best.

Tebow will play gritty and run around and make some plays, but they don't even know how to use him in the limited role he is playing right now, much less fit an entire game plan around him....and Rex Ryan knows this.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 10-01-2012 at 11:03 AM..
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #31
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
The Niners have a pretty good defense too.
very true...I wouldn't have given the Jets a chance in that game with Tebow back there either...but it would add another element to their offense...

its just really a mess...i love hearing all about it on the radio right now
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #32
CPA
Rookie

The two most recent videos added to Jets Blog - ESPN New York:

Snap Decision - Tebow or Sanchez

Can Tim Tebow save the Jets season?

lol
CPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #33
menonite

So will Rex be fired at the end of the season?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #34
jerseyboiler120

I live in the heart of New Jersey Jets and New Jersey Giants country (they don't do anything in NY), so I get to see the circus non-stop and hear the radio stations and local TV and people. Jets have no offensive line, and don't have anyone that can get open with any consistency. Add to that a defense that was much better 3 years ago and you have what we're seeing. Seems unlikely they'll give Tebow any real shot as they would have already let him play.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #35
menonite

If Rex puts Tebow in it would be viewed as a last ditch effort type of move. It would stink of desperation. If it failed (and it likely would) I think he would be toast. If he isn't already.

If I were Rex, I would stick with Sanchez, and hope for the best. Try to eke out a few wins, try to pin the losses on injuries and hope that he can hang on for another year.

The Jets owner seems like a real moron.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #36
Rolandftw

It's too early with them being 2-2. As long as they remain around .500, doubt they go to Tebow as the starter. And with games against Indy, Jacksonville, Miami x2, Buffalo... that is unlikely to happen.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #37
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Jets OL sucks they can't be a running team like Denver was.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #38
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

I'm curious if it bothers Tebow fans that he never unseats the incumbent..... he only gets the starting job when the incumbent plays like ****. you would figure a top notch talent would just rise to the top and take the job from Sanchez.

It's pretty sad when McElroy is the best passer on the team...
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #39
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
It's the sound of the NY media, Tebowites and local schoolchildren chanting for Tebow....

Sorry, I know it's not about our team but we are going to see Tebow start for the Jets some time very soon....I'm interested to see what he can do
Ryan and Sparano have no idea how to use Tebow. the 49ers showed the Jets yesterday how to effectively use a backup QB as a change of pace. i don't think Ryan or Sparano learned anything from that. until now, Ryan and Sparano have used Tebow as a very predictable gimmick player and he's had no success for that reason. it's hard to see how they could have any success trying to insert Tebow into their offense in the role of Sanchez, without drastically changing the offense to use some of the spread option type of stuff that McCoy implemented here last year.

this won't end well. it's too bad, but i think Tebow's career dies in NY.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #40
jerseyboiler120

I think Tebow will survive the NY experiment, at least to live past the Rex Ryan years. Ryan is done if the team doesn't at least finish above .500 and in the mix for the playoffs. He's gone backwards consistently now for a couple years, and he's getting killed in the local media.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #41
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
Ryan and Sparano have no idea how to use Tebow. the 49ers showed the Jets yesterday how to effectively use a backup QB as a change of pace. i don't think Ryan or Sparano learned anything from that. until now, Ryan and Sparano have used Tebow as a very predictable gimmick player and he's had no success for that reason. it's hard to see how they could have any success trying to insert Tebow into their offense in the role of Sanchez, without drastically changing the offense to use some of the spread option type of stuff that McCoy implemented here last year.

this won't end well. it's too bad, but i think Tebow's career dies in NY.

Good point about the niners giving rex and jets an on-field lesson. But they won't get it. Everyone in my local watering hole was screaming the same thing. Kappernink (sp?) finished with over 50 yards rushing. Tebow finally was allowed to throw a pass but it was a short one which is definitely not his strong suit. He completed it but put his receiver in perfect position to get his knee blown up.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #42
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Jets OL sucks they can't be a running team like Denver was.
I could have sworn some of the idiot posters on this board posted links to websites that showed that the Broncos oline sucks. The Broncos ranked like #28 out of 32 teams? I'm also betting this same great website for football knowledge ranked the jets online pretty high.

Hmmm... you don't say?!?
Old 10-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #43
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I could have sworn some of the idiot posters on this board posted links to websites that showed that the Broncos oline sucks. The Broncos ranked like #28 out of 32 teams? I'm also betting this same great website for football knowledge ranked the jets online pretty high.

Hmmm... you don't say?!?
Anyone that didn't Think Tebow was the issue with our OL is getting b**** slapped every week. Tebow took a good OL and made them poor. I can't imagine what he would do to a poor OL!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #44
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Stephen Hill is a good deep threat and has experience in an option from Georgia Tech, so he'd be a good fit at WR.

A more aggressive version of what the Broncos did with Tebow (instead of straight a 95% run option offense run a true spread option with a 65/35 run/pass mix) would serve the Jets well. It would fix their running game and let their OL do what they're good at (run block) and Tebow's ability to keep passing plays alive and throw a good deep ball would give them the explosiveness to be a threat. Couple that with elite D and they'd be a wild card contender.
How awesome would it be for Tebow to lead the Jets to a wildcard spot, and have to come on the road to face the AFCW champs, Denver Broncos?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #45
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
How awesome would it be for Tebow to lead the Jets to a wildcard spot, and have to come on the road to face the AFCW champs, Denver Broncos?
See the problem is nothing Derk said was even true about the Jets. The OL sucks without Bill Callahan and that D isn't close to being elite and that was with Reivs. They are giving up 27 points per game good for 27th in the NFL and they are giving up 360 yards per game good for 21st.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #46
TonyR
Franchise Poster

ESPN SportsNation poll currently has 61% saying Tebow should replace Sanchez.

http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPoll...pollId=3211061

TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #47
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
See the problem is nothing Derk said was even true about the Jets. The OL sucks without Bill Callahan and that D isn't close to being elite and that was with Reivs. They are giving up 27 points per game good for 27th in the NFL and they are giving up 360 yards per game good for 21st.
how good were we after 4 games last year?
Old 10-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #48
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
how good were we after 4 games last year?
WAY better then the Jets. Not even close.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #49
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
WAY better then the Jets. Not even close.
how so?

After 4 games, Bronco D was 29th in points allowed (link), and 23rd in total yards allowed (link).

We had a struggling, mediocre QB who turned the ball over alot, a big, young WR from Georgia Tech with a limited route tree, and an OL many considered to be one of the worst in the league.

Things were looking really dim around here last year at this time.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #50
Drunken.Broncoholic

Has tebow even scored as a jet? Not counting chicks. All preseason I don't think he scored once, and with only limited action in 4 games still hasn't scored. I saw a redzone play he was in resulting in him taking a sack instead of throwing it away. His QB rating is 104 right now so I'm sure ill hear about that. Not one score since beginning of August?