The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default What's That Sound?

It's the sound of the NY media, Tebowites and local schoolchildren chanting for Tebow....

Sorry, I know it's not about our team but we are going to see Tebow start for the Jets some time very soon....I'm interested to see what he can do
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
TonyR
Franchise Poster

It's gonna be the debacle of all debacles.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Wasn't Sanchize 12/29 no TDs and 1 int towards the end of the game (trying to remember the update I saw, not going to look it up)? I'd say Tebow might be the better passer right now.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
socalorado
Ring of Famer

I called Week 4. Just slightly too soon i guess.
I cant see why they wouldnt do it this week or the next.
When is their bye?
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Wasn't Sanchize 12/29 no TDs and 1 int towards the end of the game (trying to remember the update I saw, not going to look it up)? I'd say Tebow might be the better passer right now.
Not likely tebow sucks and their O-line is horrible that is a sinking ship that has already sunk
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #6
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

That team is a horrible mess. They are far worse off than their record indicates.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

I told the Jets fans I know this would happen.

WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #8
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
And you would be wrong.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Not likely tebow sucks and their O-line is horrible that is a sinking ship that has already sunk
If you look again, I'm not saying Tebow is a *good* passer, but that he's better than Sanchez. Outside of the Bills game, he's looked 2006 Jake Plummer awful (but then the Bills passing D is probably the worst in the league).
Old 10-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #10
Drunken.Broncoholic

They got more problems than a QB controversy. The thing I don't understand is why not give tebow some reps at the end of that game? We're they afraid he would score and start a controversy? We're they afraid he would suck? The controversy started by Sanchezs season so far, would not have by putting tebow in down 30 something points in the 4th. Do they think he can't play the position?

The circus is in full force.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #11
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I believe Tebow's style makes the Jets better. One thing the jets can do is run block fairly well. Greene is a solid and tough runner that would get better with Tebow's threat to run back there as well. They'll become what the Broncos were, if they're smart. The only problem is that guys like Holmes would sabotage from within. Asking him to block and have 3-5 targets per game max would not sit well with him.

Still, I think the jets have to do what suits them best, and passing ain't it. Sanchez is a sitting duck, whereas Tebow has escapability and can get positive yards on broken plays or after being hit. The Jets are a dumpster fire but I'd seriously consider getting Tebow in to start and quickly.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #12
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
They got more problems than a QB controversy. The thing I don't understand is why not give tebow some reps at the end of that game? We're they afraid he would score and start a controversy? We're they afraid he would suck? The controversy started by Sanchezs season so far, would not have by putting tebow in down 30 something points in the 4th. Do they think he can't play the position?

The circus is in full force.
This is going to be a full fledged clown car type of a three ring circus...my Jets fans were absolutely furious yesterday. They are done with Sanchez...he clearly isn't the only problem but watching him out there its just pitiful...Tebow would have done much better with the scrambling/broken play attack style...

They didn't put him in at the end of the game becuase God forbid he scores a touchdown...they would have had to shut down Jets practice this week because of the storm of controversy

fun to watch this happen here in NY/NJ and not have it worry about it with my team
Old 10-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #13
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Up with the Billboards!!!!!
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #14
canadianbroncosfan

Seeing how bad the Bills D was lit up yesterday, I give no props to Sanchez for that week 1 win.

During the game one of the commentators actually said "why not put Tebow in and give him a shot, can it really get any worse?"
Old 10-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #15
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Once Tebow comes in, soon enough he will come out. Read this very slowly.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #16
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
I believe Tebow's style makes the Jets better. One thing the jets can do is run block fairly well. Greene is a solid and tough runner that would get better with Tebow's threat to run back there as well. They'll become what the Broncos were, if they're smart. The only problem is that guys like Holmes would sabotage from within. Asking him to block and have 3-5 targets per game max would not sit well with him.

Still, I think the jets have to do what suits them best, and passing ain't it. Sanchez is a sitting duck, whereas Tebow has escapability and can get positive yards on broken plays or after being hit. The Jets are a dumpster fire but I'd seriously consider getting Tebow in to start and quickly.

If they're smart they will run a college spread option where the QB never passes the ball?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #17
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

really, how can Tebow do any worse?

0 points...btw, that was one of the easiest money making games I've ever seen..too bad I lost it on the Sunday night game
Old 10-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #18
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

The Jets needs to put Tebow in as their starting QB for the remainder of this season and commit to him.

I don't really care about the football argument, but only because it would be hilariously funny and amusing for me to watch the return of the NFL biggest circus/sideshow.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #19
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
really, how can Tebow do any worse?

0 points...btw, that was one of the easiest money making games I've ever seen..too bad I lost it on the Sunday night game
If the NYJ don't completely change their offense to fit TT's style, they will certainly NOT do any better. Now, if the NYJs pull a Denver Broncos and completely modify their offense to fit TT style, how far do you think this will get them, realistically? I know you will say "it worked in Denver" but the reality is it only worked for like 4 games or so and then by the end of the season it really did not work at all. If the Jets try to run this same offense it won't be a suprise to any opposing teams. Just saying...
Old 10-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #20
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
The Jets needs to put Tebow in as their starting QB for the remainder of this season and commit to him.

I don't really care about the football argument, but only because it would be hilariously funny and amusing for me to watch the return of the NFL biggest circus/sideshow.
Plus the fact that it would torpedo any chances of the Jets making the playoffs.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #21
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Jets need to lose one more game before they start Tebow, maybe bring him it at the half next week, spark the offense and just fall short of the win to drop their record to .....1-4.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #22
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Jets need to lose one more game before they start Tebow, maybe bring him it at the half next week, spark the offense and just fall short of the win to drop their record to .....1-4.
they play on Monday night against Houston...

I'm going to call it...halftime Tebow takes the reins....kinda like the San Diego game last year
Old 10-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #23
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Prophetic. I'm shocked. Mind = Blown!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #24
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
If the NYJ don't completely change their offense to fit TT's style, they will certainly NOT do any better. Now, if the NYJs pull a Denver Broncos and completely modify their offense to fit TT style, how far do you think this will get them, realistically? I know you will say "it worked in Denver" but the reality is it only worked for like 4 games or so and then by the end of the season it really did not work at all. If the Jets try to run this same offense it won't be a suprise to any opposing teams. Just saying...
their offense is horrific.....put him in, let him "ground and pound" with Shonn Green and Bilal Powell...they don't throw anything down the field as it is, so I can't see how he can't do the same job as Sanchez

13/29 103 129 yards 1 INT 1Fumble...those numbers look like "Somebody That I Used to Know.."
Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #25
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post

Stephen Hill is a good deep threat and has experience in an option from Georgia Tech, so he'd be a good fit at WR.

A more aggressive version of what the Broncos did with Tebow (instead of straight a 95% run option offense run a true spread option with a 65/35 run/pass mix) would serve the Jets well. It would fix their running game and let their OL do what they're good at (run block) and Tebow's ability to keep passing plays alive and throw a good deep ball would give them the explosiveness to be a threat. Couple that with elite D and they'd be a wild card contender.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote