The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Projecting Manning's stats.

For those of you who are interested, after one quarter of a season Manning's stats project out to be very impressive.

16 game projection:

Attempts: 612
Completions: 396
Completion %: 64.7
Touchdowns: 32
Interceptions: 12
Yards: 4648
QB rating: 96.9

Now which Manning we see from here on out remains a mystery, but if the version we've seen against the Steelers and Raiders shows up from here on out they could be a lot better than this. If so, we could win a lot of games. So here's hoping for no more Atlanta games. Really it's remarkable that these projected stats are so good given that game against Atlanta.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,035
Default

And I know the modern NFL passing game sort of invalidates everything, but both those TD and yardage numbers would be Broncos records.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,973

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Infinity yards
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,520

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Hope he doesnt have to pass that much as it would mean we are trying to play catch up. Plus, you can not play against the Faiders every 4 games. I know it sucks but it is a reality.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
spiralism
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
For those of you who are interested, after one quarter of a season Manning's stats project out to be very impressive.

16 game projection:

Attempts: 612
Completions: 396
Completion %: 64.7
Touchdowns: 32
Interceptions: 12
Yards: 4648
QB rating: 96.9

Now which Manning we see from here on out remains a mystery, but if the version we've seen against the Steelers and Raiders shows up from here on out they could be a lot better than this. If so, we could win a lot of games. So here's hoping for no more Atlanta games. Really it's remarkable that these projected stats are so good given that game against Atlanta.
If Manning piles up those stats he'll be good for a 5th MVP award in all likelihood
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #6
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,406
Default

I'm amazed that people still think he'll someday cease to amaze them
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
For those of you who are interested, after one quarter of a season Manning's stats project out to be very impressive.

16 game projection:

Attempts: 612
Completions: 396
Completion %: 64.7
Touchdowns: 32
Interceptions: 12
Yards: 4648
QB rating: 96.9

Now which Manning we see from here on out remains a mystery, but if the version we've seen against the Steelers and Raiders shows up from here on out they could be a lot better than this. If so, we could win a lot of games. So here's hoping for no more Atlanta games. Really it's remarkable that these projected stats are so good given that game against Atlanta.

I think our defense helped out alot also. When we can get some 3 and out's on defense, it really can aid this offense, especially the no huddle offense. I think you saw a Raiders defense in the 3rd and 4th that were wiped out.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #8
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
If Manning piles up those stats he'll be good for a 5th MVP award in all likelihood
Not in today's NFL. Rodgers racked up comparable yards, 13 more TD's, and had half as many interceptions last year. That was on roughly a hundred fewer attempts to boot. In today's NFL, those numbers are common amongst franchise QBs'.

He might be in the discussion with some clutch wins against good teams and the like, but those stats wouldn't assure him an MVP. Far from it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #9
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Hope he doesnt have to pass that much as it would mean we are trying to play catch up. Plus, you can not play against the Faiders every 4 games. I know it sucks but it is a reality.
We were playing with the lead all day while being able to run it effectively, and he still had 38 attempts. I think at this point it's obvious this is a pass-first team. He may not top 600 attempts this season, but we are going to pass a lot whether we are trailing or not. That's today's NFL, and that's Manning.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #10
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,646
Default

Manning>Teblow
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #11
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Manning>Teblow
Seriously? That's going to be your contribution to this thread?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #12
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,750

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Seriously? That's going to be your contribution to this thread?
Well, it's true.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,344
Default

Plan A muthafugga's
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #14
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Well, it's true.
It's also true that you are a terrible poster who almost never contributes a post that is worth a ****. Doesn't mean I should go around spamming threads about it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #15
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think our defense helped out alot also. When we can get some 3 and out's on defense, it really can aid this offense, especially the no huddle offense. I think you saw a Raiders defense in the 3rd and 4th that were wiped out.

It was great watching our D play with a double digit lead....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #16
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It's also true that you are a terrible poster who almost never contributes a post that is worth a ****. Doesn't mean I should go around spamming threads about it.
Settle down sparky, we won
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #17
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Settle down sparky, we won
Yeah. I'm the one who started this rather positive thread. Then trolls come in wanting to make this about Tebow for some reason. I think my annoyance is warranted.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #18
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yeah. I'm the one who started this rather positive thread. Then trolls come in wanting to make this about Tebow for some reason. I think my annoyance is warranted.
Well in fairness to them, they probably feel a bit vindicated due to your constantly blasting the organization for signing Manning, discounting his accomplishments, and blindly defending the Jets' punt protector as the superior option to our signing Manning.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #19
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well in fairness to them, they probably feel a bit vindicated due to your constantly blasting the organization for signing Manning, discounting his accomplishments, and blindly defending the Jets' punt protector as the superior option to our signing Manning.
I never said Tebow was "the superior option". I was concerned that Manning would be a shadow of his former self, and I wasn't happy with the FO just giving up on developing Tebow despite the fact that he had helped us win a playoff game. I've admitted I was wrong on the first point, but I still think dumping Tebow and drafting Osweiler was stupid. And really, why do people constantly feel the need to bring up Tebow? I'm trying to be supportive of our current QB, and people constantly want to bash our former QB. It's bizarre.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #20
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,520

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yeah. I'm the one who started this rather positive thread. Then trolls come in wanting to make this about Tebow for some reason. I think my annoyance is warranted.
I will back you up on this one but while Maven and Rock Chalk were wrong, you do bring this **** on yourself with most of your opinions. THis thread is worthy to discuss without Tebow thrown in. WHich would be nice because Tebow sucks.





j/k (no he really does)
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #21
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Hope he doesnt have to pass that much as it would mean we are trying to play catch up. Plus, you can not play against the Faiders every 4 games. I know it sucks but it is a reality.
No but between the Raiders and the Chiefs, we should have adequate stat buffering.

Tough schedule or not... we have 1/4 of our entire schedule against the Raiders and the Chiefs. Let's hope they both play them all as they did today.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #22
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I will back you up on this one but while Maven and Rock Chalk were wrong, you do bring this **** on yourself with most of your opinions. THis thread is worthy to discuss without Tebow thrown in. WHich would be nice because Tebow sucks.





j/k (no he really does)
The main point being that this thread is about Manning, not Tebow. If people want to pursue their childish hatred of our former QB there's the "Tebow sucks" thread that is still alive and kicking oddly enough.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #23
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
 
Steve Sewell's Avatar
 
Patrick and Ty's pimp

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers
Default

This thread is now about Tebow.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #24
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,255

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The main point being that this thread is about Manning, not Tebow. If people want to pursue their childish hatred of our former QB there's the "Tebow sucks" thread that is still alive and kicking oddly enough.
or they can also make use of the 57 Cutler threads.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #25
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,022

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
No but between the Raiders and the Chiefs, we should have adequate stat buffering.

Tough schedule or not... we have 1/4 of our entire schedule against the Raiders and the Chiefs. Let's hope they both play them all as they did today.
Trouble is so does San Diego
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Denver Broncos