The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #1576
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
We won the games last year due to luck..
I thought we were conservative for the 3 quarters due to coaching staff not believing in Tebow(which i can understand).
I see similar strategy during this year also..
This is stupid..if you don't trust manning,when even pay that much money
The problem with Manning is he is trying to come back from freaking Nerve Damage. When a nerve is damaged you get lots of pain and the muscle starts to atrophy, he admitted to not being 100% yet which means he is still having to do PT along with the rigors of practice and game prep.

If he didn't throw 3 picks vs Atlanta I bet he wouldn't be playing so conservative out there. The guy has the power to change plays at the LOS I don't think he is going out there like Cutler and running what McCoy calls without having a couple options to call at the line.

He has faced 3 good D's and at least never gave up on a game yet. I think as the season goes on and he gets into a rhythm during the week we will see a more confident Manning.

If not then he is hurt and we got damaged goods.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #1577
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Sanchez hasn't exactly been Johnny Unitas out there. Public pressure will demand Tebow get a chance unless Sanchez's play drastically improves int he coming weeks.
Johnny U? no

Does Sanchez give the Jets the best chance to win? Yes
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #1578
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Johnny U? no

Does Sanchez give the Jets the best chance to win? Yes
Maybe so. I am not sold on Tebow's ability to be any teams long-term answer at QB, but I also have a very low opinion of Sanchez, so I'm not sold that you are correct.

Also, a ball boucing off Tebow's head as a receiver only besmirches his receiving abilities. That plays significance to his QBing is irrelevant.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #1579
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Maybe so. I am not sold on Tebow's ability to be any teams long-term answer at QB, but I also have a very low opinion of Sanchez, so I'm not sold that you are correct.

Also, a ball boucing off Tebow's head as a receiver only besmirches his receiving abilities. That plays significance to his QBing is irrelevant.
He's not a QB anymore.

Punt protector, WR, TE, FB/RB, and QB.

Even Sporano doesn't care to use Tebow that much. Tebow is nothing but a gimmick player out there which he was brought in to do exactly that.

If Tebow had chosen the Jets, he is one stupid guy.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #1580
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Gort's Avatar
 
Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,422

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
He's not a QB anymore.

Punt protector, WR, TE, FB/RB, and QB.

Even Sporano doesn't care to use Tebow that much. Tebow is nothing but a gimmick player out there which he was brought in to do exactly that.

If Tebow had chosen the Jets, he is one stupid guy.
this is true. Ryan and Sparano don't see Tebow as anything more than a gadget player. they don't know how to use him and aren't interested in using him. his career is going to die in NY.

the reality is that Tebow has a unique skillset that the HC and OC have to embrace and build around. if they don't do that, then the most he can be is a gadget player the way the Jets are using him.

he had a chance to be an adequate/mediocre pocket passer, but his mechanics are so F'ed up now and the deluge of criticism against him so loud, nobody is going to give him that chance again.

he has a strong arm. he has an accurate arm (he proved that in college and in his rookie year). he is a good citizen. he's a team player. he won the Heisman. etc. and yet guys like Boomer Esiason are sooooo offended that Tebow plays the same position in the NFL that they played that they can't help themselves from attacking the kid any and every chance they get. i wouldn't want to be in Tebow's shoes. i'd be tempted to tell them all to go F themselves everytime somebody put a camera or microphone in my face. but he continues to grin and bear it.

he's not a Bronco anymore so it doesn't matter too much to me, but i think he would have brought some excitement and innovation to a league that has become too much about risk aversion and mimicking what everyone else is doing.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #1581
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
this is true. Ryan and Sparano don't see Tebow as anything more than a gadget player. they don't know how to use him and aren't interested in using him. his career is going to die in NY.

the reality is that Tebow has a unique skillset that the HC and OC have to embrace and build around. if they don't do that, then the most he can be is a gadget player the way the Jets are using him.
Unfortunately I get a chance to watch every Jet game and this is 100% true.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #1582
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
Stop comparing Tebow to Peyton Manning.

Also, please address Tebow not improving as a passer from the the year before last to last year.
Let's see... his two top receivers from the year before.... traded.

Look at Old Man Stokely's sudden revival to see how important familiarity is, even for one of the best QB's ever to play. Tebow had none.

Not to mention a new coach brought in just in time for a cancelled offseason. You'd have a hard time inventing a less ideal scenario for a rookie QB to move into his second season.

In the end, if you couldn't find reason to give Tebow the benefit of the doubt, you shouldn't do so for Manning either. As for me, I think more time is justified in both cases.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #1583
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,860

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
Oh no. clearly we made an excellent choice by trading away our young promising Qb, who could win with this giant suckfest of an nfl roster, for a 20 million dollar a year broke down Qb.

It's not like we could have used that 20 mill to get a ****ing linebacker who can run above a 6 ****ing 4 20 yard dash and a safety that understands his job is to not sit on his miserable ****ing hands and watch the football lovingly cascade a shadow over his stupid ****ing facemask instead of covering a ****ing wide receiver.


I don't think we would have won with tebow yesterday, But I do think we would be a team that is getting better instead of a a merry band of ****ty untalented misfits who cant get off the ****ing field on third and ****ing long.

But hey, we have brock osweiller to hand the reigns down to when Christopher Reeves-Manning decides to hang up his cleats.


If you think taking a ****ty team and adding an old vet post neck surgery for 60 million dollars while trading away your future is a smart move, than you sir have no right to call anyone a glorious retard.
You cannot seriously believe that Elway or Fox ever perceived Tebow as "The Broncos' Future", can you? His skill set was never going to fit what they wanted to do offensively and it takes a high level of denial to refuse to see that from the perspective of hindsight.

But the bottom line is he's gone and he isn't coming back. And two early-season (less-than-6-point) losses to teams that will most likely be appearing in the postseason... is hardly cause for hand-wringing or wails that the sky is falling.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #1584
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I guess we can discard that idea about Tebow switching to tight end.
Yep....just one more position he sucks at.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #1585
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,308

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
I have some exciting news for you!!!! ready!!?? are you sitting down!!?


there is a draft and FA period...........OMGOMGOMG.......EVERY ****ING SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROO OOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
just a little fyi for all the posters here. In case you didn't realize, buttscotch is a contrarian flamethrower. He lives to stir the crap.

that is all.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #1586
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer
 
weed will win

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: colorado springs area
Posts: 3,951

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
The problem with Manning is he is trying to come back from freaking Nerve Damage. When a nerve is damaged you get lots of pain and the muscle starts to atrophy, he admitted to not being 100% yet which means he is still having to do PT along with the rigors of practice and game prep.

If he didn't throw 3 picks vs Atlanta I bet he wouldn't be playing so conservative out there. The guy has the power to change plays at the LOS I don't think he is going out there like Cutler and running what McCoy calls without having a couple options to call at the line.

He has faced 3 good D's and at least never gave up on a game yet. I think as the season goes on and he gets into a rhythm during the week we will see a more confident Manning.

If not then he is hurt and we got damaged goods.
and he will face more good D's if he gets in the playoffs so i hope the team as a whole gets better other wise we wont be in the playoffs very long like previous years
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #1587
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,507
Default

Still sucks!

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #1588
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Still sucks!

What happened, please elaborate, I am watching the KFC/SD game
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #1589
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
What happened, please elaborate, I am watching the KFC/SD game
Pretty much every chance he's been in there he hasn't done anything. So glad the Broncos were able to trade him.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #1590
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Tebow time. . .

B**ches. . .
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #1591
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
What happened, please elaborate, I am watching the KFC/SD game
Since he won't answer, and you seem interested -- he's rushed it twice for zero yards (one for +2, one for -2). Complete his one pass attempt.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #1592
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

This thread is still alive after all this time, and yet none of the people who hate the guy ever admit they hate the guy. It's pretty hilarious honestly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #1593
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Still think that Tebow starts by week six. Without Revis, the Jets are a 6-10 team this year at best. Sanchez is basically a more mobile Kyle Orton.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #1594
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Since he won't answer, and you seem interested -- he's rushed it twice for zero yards (one for +2, one for -2). Complete his one pass attempt.
You left out the part where he got his TE lit up and knee blown out.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #1595
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You left out the part where he got his TE lit up and knee blown out.
On third down, and the tight end was stationary, sitting in the zone.

Maybe you're new to football. You stick that pass. You don't "protect" the tight end standing still behind the sticks. You drive it in there and he covers up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #1596
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
On third down, and the tight end was stationary, sitting in the zone.

Maybe you're new to football. You stick that pass. You don't "protect" the tight end standing still behind the sticks. You drive it in there and he covers up.
The TE was not standing still he was running down the seem
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #1597
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
On third down, and the tight end was stationary, sitting in the zone.

Maybe you're new to football. You stick that pass. You don't "protect" the tight end standing still behind the sticks. You drive it in there and he covers up.
lol Teblow got his TE killed. Maybe you're new to football gimmick plays get players hurt.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #1598
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
The TE was not standing still he was running down the seem
No ****
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #1599
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
No ****
You're sure? You're going to stick with that, right?

Let's be clear -- the tight end was running a route, and Tebow led him with the throw, threw it out in front of him, right into a defender?

That's what you're going with? Gonna squirm out later?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #1600
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

He was sitting, right over the first down line, waiting for the ball. Had stopped his momentum.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Denver Broncos