The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #26
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
, with what you believe, you are more in line with fascism. All liberals are. It wasn't long ago you liberals were telling us all how important and being an "American" it was to dissent, but as soon as a demo gets in the WH, how that changed. You bozos are a joke and the reason I don't bother reading most of your silly rants, much less waste time responding to most of them. You liberals really think you are changing anyone's mind around here. All you are doing is preaching to your choir and back slapping each other since you seem to need constant reassurance and constant last words, such as "I won" or "I'm right" settling disputes.

Unlike you bozos, I don't feel the need to have to spend so much time here reading each and every moronic post you guys make, nor responding to each insult. But just so you know, I do find it funny you idiots kep proving me right what IK say about liberals. "Oh, you're wrong" then you go on to do exactly what I have stated many times you guys do every day, all day. Oh, but you are sure showing me alright Thanks

hell just put the morons on Iggy solves that problem instantly.. I did.. makes for much shorter threads.. In fact if you had not quoted that one I would not have seen it either..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #27
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
hell just put the morons on Iggy solves that problem instantly.. I did.. makes for much shorter threads.. In fact if you had not quoted that one I would not have seen it either..
I think lonestar has put reality on ignore.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #28
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
, with what you believe, you are more in line with fascism. All liberals are. It wasn't long ago you liberals were telling us all how important and being an "American" it was to dissent, but as soon as a demo gets in the WH, how that changed. You bozos are a joke and the reason I don't bother reading most of your silly rants, much less waste time responding to most of them. You liberals really think you are changing anyone's mind around here. All you are doing is preaching to your choir and back slapping each other since you seem to need constant reassurance and constant last words, such as "I won" or "I'm right" settling disputes.

Unlike you bozos, I don't feel the need to have to spend so much time here reading each and every moronic post you guys make, nor responding to each insult. But just so you know, I do find it funny you idiots kep proving me right what IK say about liberals. "Oh, you're wrong" then you go on to do exactly what I have stated many times you guys do every day, all day. Oh, but you are sure showing me alright Thanks
How about you give one example of the bolded? You can't. Because you just make up non-existant strawmen and then argue against them. If you even attempted to post something factual on here I think I'd have a heart-attack. You are a twisted, delusional little man. Thankfully, folks that think like you are on the lunatic fringes of society.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #29
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
I think lonestar has put reality on ignore.

Yep. He's probably the only person on the board dumber and more deluded than ol' barry.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #30
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
, with what you believe, you are more in line with fascism. All liberals are. It wasn't long ago you liberals were telling us all how important and being an "American" it was to dissent, but as soon as a demo gets in the WH, how that changed. You bozos are a joke and the reason I don't bother reading most of your silly rants, much less waste time responding to most of them. You liberals really think you are changing anyone's mind around here. All you are doing is preaching to your choir and back slapping each other since you seem to need constant reassurance and constant last words, such as "I won" or "I'm right" settling disputes.

Unlike you bozos, I don't feel the need to have to spend so much time here reading each and every moronic post you guys make, nor responding to each insult. But just so you know, I do find it funny you idiots kep proving me right what IK say about liberals. "Oh, you're wrong" then you go on to do exactly what I have stated many times you guys do every day, all day. Oh, but you are sure showing me alright Thanks
I for one, am not voting for Obama, and I've already said why: Because instead of going after Wall Street for their thievery and malfeasance, he rewarded them. And he continues the debacle in Afghanistan, with Americans losing their lives every day, for nothing, just to benefit himself politically. He's a bull****ter, in other words (or at least too sold-out to warrant my vote, or the vote of any progressive). And yet, he's still better than Romney. That says something about the Right, doesn't it?

Hell, a year ago, the Right Wing couldn't stand Romney. They hated his guts. They ran everybody they had in the party against him. Now, when he wins the nomination, they all fall in line like a bunch of sheep. Who are the tools?

BTW, for progressives out there, Bernie Sanders thinks that as soon as Obama gets reelected he's going to use the lame duck session to sell us out on SS and cave to the Right once again. Be ready for it.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #31
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I for one, am not voting for Obama, and I've already said why: Because instead of going after Wall Street for their thievery and malfeasance, he rewarded them. And he continues the debacle in Afghanistan, with Americans losing their lives every day, for nothing, just to benefit himself politically. He's a bull****ter, in other words (or at least too sold-out to warrant my vote, or the vote of any progressive). And yet, he's still better than Romney. That says something about the Right, doesn't it?

Hell, a year ago, the Right Wing couldn't stand Romney. They hated his guts. They ran everybody they had in the party against him. Now, when he wins the nomination, they all fall in line like a bunch of sheep. Who are the tools?

BTW, for progressives out there, Bernie Sanders thinks that as soon as Obama gets reelected he's going to use the lame duck session to sell us out on SS and cave to the Right once again. Be ready for it.
+1.

I'm not voting for Obama because of all the reasons listed above and because Obama's record on issues pertaining to civil liberties is worse than that of GW Bush.

For example, note the moves his administration has made in reference to the NDAA: http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/..._now_20120917/

More evidence (in case anyone still needs it) that barryr and his pals are the real tools here.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #32
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
How about you give one example of the bolded? You can't. Because you just make up non-existant strawmen and then argue against them. If you even attempted to post something factual on here I think I'd have a heart-attack. You are a twisted, delusional little man. Thankfully, folks that think like you are on the lunatic fringes of society.
I haven't posted on this forum until recently, however I have had several liberals tell me this elsewhere, so it's not some invention. Some people really were talking this way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #33
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,395
Default

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #34
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
+1.

I'm not voting for Obama because of all the reasons listed above and because Obama's record on issues pertaining to civil liberties is worse than that of GW Bush.

For example, note the moves his administration has made in reference to the NDAA: http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/..._now_20120917/

More evidence (in case anyone still needs it) that barryr and his pals are the real tools here.
Surprise!

I recall before the 2008 election liberals prattling on about how he was going to close Gitmo, ditch the Patriot Act and try Bush and Cheney on war crimes charges.

How effing hilarious. At the time I was thinking it was all bull**** and was telling them so, and I was right. I think he said a lot of crap to get elected that imo he never meant to follow through with, much like slimeball McCain and his waffling on the border.

Yeah - I disliked GW's civil liberties crap as it was. The NDAA is just one of several of Obama's abuses of power. Also I don't like the new stuff the TSA is doing; I flew to Florida this August and EVERYBODY was nude scanned. That didn't happen when I flew in 2009 and 2010. They aren't even using the metal detectors anymore.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #35
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Surprise!

I recall before the 2008 election liberals prattling on about how he was going to close Gitmo, ditch the Patriot Act and try Bush and Cheney on war crimes charges.

How effing hilarious. At the time I was thinking it was all bull**** and was telling them so, and I was right. I think he said a lot of crap to get elected that imo he never meant to follow through with, much like slimeball McCain and his waffling on the border.

Yeah - I disliked GW's civil liberties crap as it was. The NDAA is just one of several of Obama's abuses of power. Also I don't like the new stuff the TSA is doing; I flew to Florida this August and EVERYBODY was nude scanned. That didn't happen when I flew in 2009 and 2010. They aren't even using the metal detectors anymore.
you can request a pat down instead..

as for the scanners there is scary stuff going on in airports.. If they want to look at my junk more power to them, If my plane is not blown up..

I remember once back in the mid 80's was at LAX terminal 1, was checking in for a flight and happened to glance at the Xray CRT in the next aisle on my right.. while the person that was responsible for looking at was busy chatting (cackling) with a friend I saw a big old 45 type revolver in the brief case that was being scanned..

As I walked past the police that was standing there I told him what I saw and they arrested the guy that was trying to get it on the plane..

Ever since then I have become a VERY firm believer in almost a strip search.. for airports..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #36
myMind
splinters reality until
 
myMind's Avatar
 
We Grok

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,507

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

These wpr threads have been hilarious for a couple months now. Keep it up everyone, maybe one day it will actually change the world.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:08 AM   #37
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I haven't posted on this forum until recently, however I have had several liberals tell me this elsewhere, so it's not some invention. Some people really were talking this way.
Well, I've had several conservatives tell me that they honestly believe Obama's the anti-Christ. So, I guess that's what all conservatives believe. Gotta love those broad brushes.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #38
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,616
Default

Roh and LA, I understand your disappointments with, and criticisms of, Obama. And I share most of them. But if you're not voting for him who are you voting for? I realize that your individual votes aren't going to make a difference, but if too many people do what you're doing what's the result? Putting Romney/Ryan in office? That's what you have to think about. You have to do what's best for the country. Vote against Romney/Ryan, if that makes you feel better.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #39
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
These wpr threads have been hilarious for a couple months now. Keep it up everyone, maybe one day it will actually change the world.
As much as the main forum threads will change the Broncos or the NFL. Did it ever occur to you that some people just like to discuss politics and religion? Ever hear of philosophical debate? It's as old as Greece. Why do people engage in it? To hone their own beliefs. To put their beliefs to the fire and see if they hold up. If you can't handle it, or don't see any value in it, why post here, or even come in here, for that matter?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #40
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Roh and LA, I understand your disappointments with, and criticisms of, Obama. And I share most of them. But if you're not voting for him who are you voting for? I realize that your individual votes aren't going to make a difference, but if too many people do what you're doing what's the result? Putting Romney/Ryan in office? That's what you have to think about. You have to do what's best for the country. Vote against Romney/Ryan, if that makes you feel better.
I'll probably vote for the Green Party. I'm sick of voting for the better of two bad choices. I'm going to start voting for the philosophy I believe in rather than sell out, election after election. **** it. Frankly, Obama is just another moderate Republican. Same as Clinton. Actually, given his views on privacy and presidential powers, he's worse than Nixon. I believe in progressive liberalism. That's how I'm going to vote. Bull Moose forever!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #41
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

BTW, this was the stated theme of the Bull Moose Party at the time: To destroy this invisible Government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #42
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'll probably vote for the Green Party. I'm sick of voting for the better of two bad choices. I'm going to start voting for the philosophy I believe in rather than sell out, election after election. **** it. Frankly, Obama is just another moderate Republican. Same as Clinton. Actually, given his views on privacy and presidential powers, he's worse than Nixon. I believe in progressive liberalism. That's how I'm going to vote. Bull Moose forever!
Not me, dude. Not that I'm happy about some of the decisions Obama has made...

But look at it this way. What's the only way we can affect change in the government? Voting. Which party is trying to take that right away? You can argue all you want about how voting doesn't matter, but if we lose the right to vote...what's the point? Now, I understand that most of us won't be targeted for removal from voter rolls or refused our right because we don't have the proper ID, even though we've voted at the same spot without issue for 30 years. But to stand by and watch these efforts, all by one political machine, to stifle the voices of voting blocs is not something I can do.

In a perfect world, I would vote for whomever was the candidate for the Pacifism party. But it's a throwaway vote, and since I would be voting for Obama if I did vote for the lesser of two evils, it really ends up being a vote for Romney.

I can't abide that.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #43
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
...it really ends up being a vote for Romney.

I can't abide that.
That's where I'm at.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #44
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

I don't buy that logic at all. Your vote should be an expression of where you stand on the issues that you care most deeply about. That's what democracy is supposed to be about, not triangulating your positions in accordance with the mathematics of a corrupt system. A vote for third party is not a vote for Romney. It's a vote against this corrupt and stinking status quo, of which Obama is a part. Until we get the special influences out that corrupt our government, it's only going to get worse. As long as people continue to play the two party rigged game, it will continue.

Since the 80s I've voted for a lot of Dems. What have they done over that timespan? Gone further and further Right. Gotten further corrupt. Hell, what does the Democratic Party even stand for anymore? They've triangulated so far that their identity has dissolved.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #45
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I don't buy that logic at all. Your vote should be an expression of where you stand on the issues that you care most deeply about.
It is. The number one issue I care most about is that "We the People?" actually have a vote.

If you don't get to vote, all other issues are immaterial.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #46
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,684

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
It is. The number one issue I care most about is that "We the People?" actually have a vote.

If you don't get to vote, all other issues are immaterial.
Your argument doesn't hold up. The only way to vote for change is to continue to vote in the Democrats or Republicans? I don't think so. We've been doing that for forty years and they both just keep getting more corrupt. You can vote for whoever you want, but when they are elected, whoever they are, Goldman Sachs, Citibank, GE, the military industrial complex, etc. will be sitting right there in the oval office, waiting for whichever candidate of the two parties you elected to come in and do what they say. In those conditions, your vote is a farce.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #47
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Your argument doesn't hold up. The only way to vote for change is to continue to vote in the Democrats or Republicans? I don't think so. We've been doing that for forty years and they both just keep getting more corrupt. You can vote for whoever you want, but when they are elected, whoever they are, Goldman Sachs, Citibank, GE, the military industrial complex, etc. will be sitting right there in the oval office, waiting for whichever candidate of the two parties you elected to come in and do what they say. In those conditions, your vote is a farce.
Not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying the first step to voting for change is maintaining the right for everyone to vote.

Edit: And believe you me. If the blatant attempts to deny liberty had not been made, you and i would be having a much different conversation right now. My wife and I, who were both Obama supporters, had seriously discussed voting for Jill Stein as recently as May.

Last edited by houghtam; 09-26-2012 at 11:51 AM..
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #48
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,882

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Your argument doesn't hold up. The only way to vote for change is to continue to vote in the Democrats or Republicans? I don't think so. We've been doing that for forty years and they both just keep getting more corrupt. You can vote for whoever you want, but when they are elected, whoever they are, Goldman Sachs, Citibank, GE, the military industrial complex, etc. will be sitting right there in the oval office, waiting for whichever candidate of the two parties you elected to come in and do what they say. In those conditions, your vote is a farce.
What is needed is a constitutional convention to amend voting laws to make it possible for other parties to compete.

Instant run off, etc. The bozos in charge aren't ever going to do that -- it'll take going around them to get it done.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #49
myMind
splinters reality until
 
myMind's Avatar
 
We Grok

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,507

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
As much as the main forum threads will change the Broncos or the NFL. Did it ever occur to you that some people just like to discuss politics and religion? Ever hear of philosophical debate? It's as old as Greece. Why do people engage in it? To hone their own beliefs. To put their beliefs to the fire and see if they hold up. If you can't handle it, or don't see any value in it, why post here, or even come in here, for that matter?
I obviously cant handle the truth.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #50
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
What is needed is a constitutional convention to amend voting laws to make it possible for other parties to compete.

Instant run off, etc. The bozos in charge aren't ever going to do that -- it'll take going around them to get it done.
Proportional representation is a great idea. Unfortunately it will never happen in the US, not just because the Dems and Reps will campaign against it to make sure they remain the only two parties. It's also because the American people will see it as something those socialist european countries do, and how could any of their ideas be any good?

The belief that the US has the greatest political system in the world, which has some credibility, has led to the belief that the US has the greatest political process in the world, which is very debatable.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 AM.


Denver Broncos