The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #951
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

At least I saw all this suck coming this year.

Feels good to be right at least.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #952
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I'm not sure you can really blame Eric Berry?

He's clearly not recovered from his knee injury, just like Jamaal.

The Chiefs are just a mess right now though. Pioli has to be fired after this year with the way things are going. The fans are done with Clark and he knows it. This team continues playing like this and Clark's gonna see multiple blackouts in November and December when it's cold and wet outside.
All this I can agree with. Except firing Pioli. He needs a few more years to polish Cassel into a elite franchise killing machine
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #953
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
All this I can agree with. Except firing Pioli. He needs a few more years to polish Cassel into a elite franchise killing machine
I just don't see how Pioli stays after this year? The Chiefs and their fans have completely lost touch. It's like everybody has finally woke up and realized that we just can't take anymore.

I think Clark wants to win. He doesn't have that burning passion that you see from owners like Jerry Jones which is sad.
Pioli was a grand slam hire in the eyes of the entire league in 2009. But now it's just sad.

I never, ever, ever, ever, EVER thought I would say this, but I would take King Carl over this catastrophe right now. It's just sad.

Kansas City has some of the most loyal fans in all of sports, and they get spat on every year.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #954
Rolandftw

Things can change quickly in the NFL. KC wins @NO and they're still going to have a very excited stadium against SD the following week. As much as I'd love for it to become a two team race between us and SD, wouldn't count out KC yet.

I'd be surprised to see Pioli get fired as well, simply because he supposedly does a good job making money for the team, or that seems to be the belief (by those that think they're in the know like Kent Babb, Sam Mellinger, etc)

Still, if the team continues to get embarrassed and they have a 0-2 win season, it's possible. If fans stop going to games, it is possible.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #955
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

if Cassel beats an elite QB on the road, I'll leave the Mane forever
Old 09-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #956
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
At least I saw all this suck coming this year.

Feels good to be right at least.
Bull****. You "predicted" the suck just to cover your bases. If they sucked, you could make the above post. If they were good, you could ignore your prior prediction and bathe in the glory of not sucking. Win-win for you, eh Boob?
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #957
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
And who do you consider an "elite" QB?
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #958
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
Things can change quickly in the NFL. KC wins @NO and they're still going to have a very excited stadium against SD the following week. As much as I'd love for it to become a two team race between us and SD, wouldn't count out KC yet.

I'd be surprised to see Pioli get fired as well, simply because he supposedly does a good job making money for the team, or that seems to be the belief (by those that think they're in the know like Kent Babb, Sam Mellinger, etc)

Still, if the team continues to get embarrassed and they have a 0-2 win season, it's possible. If fans stop going to games, it is possible.
I live in Kansas City and I can tell you people are fed up. There are the occasional fans who just go because they love to watch, but I can tell you that there is some serious tension between the Chiefs and their fans. Mellinger and Babb's columns, along with Fescoe's rant, have been far more talked about than the Saints game.
The fans are just tired of it. Arrowhead might be mostly full next weekend, but if this keeps up, Clark is losing money because people aren't showing up in the later part of the season.
It happened in 2008 and it will certainly happen again.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #959
Rolandftw

Quote:
Most games I'd agree. But don't think this game is as much about Cassel as it is the two defenses. Both are terrible, and Cassel will have openings down field the whole game. Granted he sucks, and I doubt he wills KC to victory... but he's never going to get a better opportunity to get a road win against an elite QB, then this.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:54 AM   #960
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I live in Kansas City and I can tell you people are fed up. There are the occasional fans who just go because they love to watch, but I can tell you that there is some serious tension between the Chiefs and their fans. Mellinger and Babb's columns, along with Fescoe's rant, have been far more talked about than the Saints game.
The fans are just tired of it. Arrowhead might be mostly full next weekend, but if this keeps up, Clark is losing money because people aren't showing up in the later part of the season.
It happened in 2008 and it will certainly happen again.
Yeah, they're definitely mad and if it continues, then something will be done. I still think KC has too much talent to be a 0-3 win team though, which is probably what it would take for real change to happen in KC

If KC gets 7-9 wins, fans are still going to be there to support them... even if there chances of winning the title in the near future are basically zero
Old 09-21-2012, 02:21 AM   #961
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Bull****. You "predicted" the suck just to cover your bases. If they sucked, you could make the above post. If they were good, you could ignore your prior prediction and bathe in the glory of not sucking. Win-win for you, eh Boob?
I spent the entire offseason at Chiefsplanet pounding it into people's heads that we were a 7-9 team.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:52 AM   #962
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

yeah, bob has been surprisingly rational all off-season with a dim outlook on the 2012 chiefs.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:33 AM   #963
dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
yeah, bob has been surprisingly rational all off-season with a dim outlook on the 2012 chiefs.
Sadly, I dont think it is rationality at all. I think Boob is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome from spending so much time on the Mane.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #964
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

California, Here I Come
Right back where I started from
where bowers of flowers
bloom in the spring
each morning at dawning
birdies sing at everything
a sunkissed miss said, "Don't be late!"
that's why I can hardly wait
open up that golden gate
California, Here I Come
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #965
Black96WS6
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Did you fight in World War 2 as well?
You're thinking of the Chiefs' last playoff appearance.

If this guy saw their SB, he must've fought in the Civil War...
Black96WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #966
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

The Chiefs play has surprised me a little. I expected play like the Browns had. Lots of close games, but losing most of them. I knew Crennel would make the team soft, but I didn't expect it this soon.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #967
dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The Chiefs play has surprised me a little. I expected play like the Browns had. Lots of close games, but losing most of them. I knew Crennel would make the team soft, but I didn't expect it this soon.
Just wait, it is only a matter of time until Crennel turns back the clock and starts Quinn.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #968
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
Just wait, it is only a matter of time until Crennel turns back the clock and starts Quinn.
He is going to be turning that dial back a long time to find a time when Quinn was worth a broke dick at QB.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #969
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I doubt Pioli gets fired after this season, no matter what the record is for kc. Cassel will be dumped of course but then kc will either have to draft a first round QB or bring in a FA QB. I doubt kc ownership will want to start over with a new FO during this time period. More likely Pioli will be responsible for bringing in the right QB and the right coach to make it all work.

Now, if I was kc ownership I'd fire Pioli and his nazi ways. I'd hire a seasoned GM who could help me assemble a great coaching staff and draft a franchise QB.

I really do hope kc drafts Barkley. I think he's another USC fool's gold first round QB bust. Plus, his name is Matt as in Matt Lienart, Matt Cassel, Matt Millan, so many winner Matts it's just gotta work, right?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #970
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I doubt Pioli gets fired after this season, no matter what the record is for kc. Cassel will be dumped of course but then kc will either have to draft a first round QB or bring in a FA QB. I doubt kc ownership will want to start over with a new FO during this time period. More likely Pioli will be responsible for bringing in the right QB and the right coach to make it all work.

Now, if I was kc ownership I'd fire Pioli and his nazi ways. I'd hire a seasoned GM who could help me assemble a great coaching staff and draft a franchise QB.

I really do hope kc drafts Barkley. I think he's another USC fool's gold first round QB bust. Plus, his name is Matt as in Matt Lienart, Matt Cassel, Matt Millan, so many winner Matts it's just gotta work, right?
You ever sat there in just think, maybe arrowhead is build on top of a old big graveyard
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #971
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

^ Matt Millen was a HoF player, fyi...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #972
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
He's in the HoF? I don't think so. Might be wrong though.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #973
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
No he isn't. He had a nice long career and won four SBs. Still was all pro twice and made the pro bowl only once in 12 years.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #974
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
No he isn't. He had a nice long career and won four SBs. Still was all pro twice and made the pro bowl only once in 12 years.
Nice catch, guys. My bad and repped.

Regardless, the point remains!
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #975
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post