The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default Political Humor..

SInce some pissed and moaned about Nobama jokes in the usual offseason jokes area..

Here is a thread for poloticial jokes.. I start with.. ..

Quote:
White House Claims Bin Laden Kill More Bold than D-Day
March 21, 2012 by Gary DeMar

A CNS News article reports that “The White House asserted that Vice President Joe Biden did not misspeak when he said, ‘you can go back 500 years. You cannot find a more audacious plan,’ referring to President Barack Obama’s decision to kill Osama bin Laden.”

To give credit where credit is due, finally getting Osama Bin Laden was the right thing to do and the Obama Administration should get credit for it. I know that without the Special Forces and the prep time put in by the Bush Administration, it wouldn’t have happened. There’s a lot of credit to go around.

500 years is a long time and includes a lot of history. I picked two examples off the top of my head that qualify as really bold moves. I’m sure you can think of others. You might want to send your list to Vice President Biden and President Obama.

The founders who signed their names to the Declaration of Independence was a more bold move than killing Osama Bib Laden. Notice what they signed their names to:

We, therefore, the Representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. — And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

These men were willing to give up everything for liberty, including their “Lives.” Here’s how one historian put it:

“It was a bold and radical move by these Colonists, invoking the wrath of the royal governor who offered a reward for information to identify the men involved.”

The rag-tag group of colonialists going up against the world’s most powerful military power of the day was bolder than killing Osama Bin Laden by miles. No one ever gave the colonists a chance to win a decisive victory against King George and the British Empire. The colonists were ill-equipped, lacked food and weapons, and had no standing army.

What about D-Day? Are we to assume that the assault on one man be heavily armed soldiers was a more bold move than attacking the German Army in the European theater? I don’t think so.

The operation, planned by a team under Lieutenant-General Frederick Morgan, was the largest amphibious invasion in world history and was executed by land, sea, and air elements under direct British command with over 160,000 troops landing on June 6, 1944. 195,700 Allied naval and merchant navy personnel in over 5,000 ships were involved. The invasion required the transport of soldiers and material from the United Kingdom by troop-laden aircraft and ships, the assault landings, air support, naval interdiction of the English Channel and naval fire-support. The landings took place along a 50-mile (80 km) stretch of the Normandy coast divided into five sectors: Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno and Sword.

President Obama has no sense of American history. Some will say, “Because he wasn’t born here.” It’s more than that. It’s because he has disdain for what America is, how it came into being, and where it should be going.

http://godfatherpolitics.com/4316/wh...ld-than-d-day/

Now that is REALLY funny..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

You must not have gotten the memo.

According to right-wing rule of logic #1, posting political humor or satire in any form automatically invalidates all of your political arguments.

Oh wait - that rule only applies to liberals.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Old 03-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Old 04-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Dear Friends,

There are less than 8 months until election day when the people will decide who will be
the next President of the United States. The person elected will be the president of all
Americans, not just the Democrats and Republicans. It is time that we all need to come
together, Democrats and Republicans alike. In a bi-partisan effort for America. If you
support the Republican candidate, please drive with your headlights ON during the day.
If you support Barack Obama, please drive with your headlights OFF at night. Together, we
can make it happen. Thank you!!

Old 04-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doggie eater.jpg (53.5 KB, 79 views)
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Crackers beware!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg panther cartoon.jpg (57.6 KB, 78 views)
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #8
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Due to the popularity of the "Survivor" shows, Texas is planning to do one entitled:

“Survivor, Texas-Style!”

The 8 contestants will all start in Dallas, then drive to Waco, Austin, San Antonio.
Then over to Houston and down to Brownsville.
They will proceed up to Del Rio, El Paso,
Odessa, Midland, Lubbock, and Amarillo.
From there they will go on to Abilene and Fort Worth.
Finally back to Dallas.
Each contestant will be driving a pink Prius with bumper stickers that read:

1 “ I'm a Democrat”;
2 “Amnesty for Illegals”;
3 “I love the Dixie Chicks”;
4 “Boycott Beef”;
5 “I Voted for Obama”;
6 “George Strait Sucks”;
7 “Reelect Obama in 2012”;
and...
8 “I'm here to confiscate your guns”;

The first one to make it back to Dallas alive wins!
God Bless Texas!

Old 09-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Here's a nice one that was put out after our ambassador was killed in Libya.

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Old 09-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #11
Mecklomaniac
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Dolbin

Mecklomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #12
Mecklomaniac
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Dolbin

Old 09-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #13
DBruleU
Ring of Famer

DBruleU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #14
Mecklomaniac
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Dolbin

Old 09-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #15
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecklomaniac View Post
classic absolutely classic

I bet the flaming Libs and Progressives really like you..
Old 09-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #16
Mecklomaniac
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Dolbin

Old 09-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Of course, with Romney, the truth is better than the fiction:

"I like those fancy raincoats you bought. Really sprung for the big bucks." —Mitt Romney to a group of NASCAR fans wearing plastic ponchos at the Daytona 500 (February 2012)

"Who let the dogs out? Who, who." –Mitt Romney, during an awkward photo op with a group of African Americans kids at a Martin Luther King Day parade (January 2008)

"I'm not familiar precisely with what I said, but I'll stand by what I said, whatever it was." —Mitt Romney (May 17, 2012)

"I get speaker's fees from time to time, but not very much." —Mitt Romney, who earned $374,000 in speaking fees in one year according to his personal financial disclosure (January 2012)

"PETA is not happy that my dog likes fresh air." —Mitt Romney in 2007, responding to criticism from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals following revelations that he had once put the family dog in a carrier and strapped it to the roof of his car during a 12-hour road trip.

"[My wife] drives a couple of Cadillacs." –Mitt Romney, campaigning for president in Michigan (February 2012)

"My dad, as you probably know, was the governor of Michigan and was the head of a car company. But he was born in Mexico... and had he been born of, uh, Mexican parents, I'd have a better shot at winning this. But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico. He lived there for a number of years. I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino." -Mitt Romney, in leaked comments from a fundraiser in May 2012
Old 09-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #18
DBruleU
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Of course, with Romney, the truth is better than the fiction:

"I like those fancy raincoats you bought. Really sprung for the big bucks." —Mitt Romney to a group of NASCAR fans wearing plastic ponchos at the Daytona 500 (February 2012)

"Who let the dogs out? Who, who." –Mitt Romney, during an awkward photo op with a group of African Americans kids at a Martin Luther King Day parade (January 2008)

"I'm not familiar precisely with what I said, but I'll stand by what I said, whatever it was." —Mitt Romney (May 17, 2012)

"I get speaker's fees from time to time, but not very much." —Mitt Romney, who earned $374,000 in speaking fees in one year according to his personal financial disclosure (January 2012)

"PETA is not happy that my dog likes fresh air." —Mitt Romney in 2007, responding to criticism from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals following revelations that he had once put the family dog in a carrier and strapped it to the roof of his car during a 12-hour road trip.

"[My wife] drives a couple of Cadillacs." –Mitt Romney, campaigning for president in Michigan (February 2012)

"My dad, as you probably know, was the governor of Michigan and was the head of a car company. But he was born in Mexico... and had he been born of, uh, Mexican parents, I'd have a better shot at winning this. But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico. He lived there for a number of years. I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino." -Mitt Romney, in leaked comments from a fundraiser in May 2012

The latino one would be funny if it weren't so true.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #19
DBruleU
Ring of Famer

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." --making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)

"It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing." --confusing German for "Austrian," a language which does not exist, Strasbourg, France, April 6, 2009

"The Cambridge police acted stupidly." —commenting on a white police officer's arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his home in Cambridge, Mass., at a news conference, July 22, 2009

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." --exasperated by reporters after a news conference

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" --after being asked a foreign policy question by a reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania
Old 09-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBruleU View Post

The latino one would be funny if it weren't so true.
True? Only in the bubble. And now we find out that when his dad came to the U.S., he was on welfare. I'll be curious to see how Mitt deals with that one.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #21
DBruleU
Ring of Famer

Quote:
True? Only in the bubble. And now we find out that when his dad came to the U.S., he was on welfare. I'll be curious to see how Mitt deals with that one.
And...?

It's true because the D's love anyone with any possibly connection to some minority group...regardless if you're qualified...if you're latino, black, half black, possibly maybe but probably not native American (Warren) then hey...you're good in our book even if you're really really stupid and a bad leader.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #22
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
so being on welfare is a crime?

sounds like that is what your saying..
Old 09-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
so being on welfare is a crime?

sounds like that is what your saying..
A crime? No. Who said it was? What Mitt said is that he doesn't care about the people on welfare. That's not his concern. And now we find out his dad was one them, at one point in time.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #24
DBruleU
Ring of Famer

Quote:
A crime? No. Who said it was? What Mitt said is that he doesn't care about the people on welfare. That's not his concern. And now we find out his dad was one them, at one point in time.
Then you have terrible comprehension issues. He said he can't worry about getting their vote because they have already made up their mind. It's pretty clear.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #25
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBruleU View Post
Then you have terrible comprehension issues. He said he can't worry about getting their vote because they have already made up their mind. It's pretty clear.
What's pretty clear is that Romney's generalizing all people on welfare as deadbeats who will vote for Obama so they can keep riding the gravy train. "Welfare queens in their Cadillacs" and all that Reagan BS. What the example of Romney's father on welfare illustrates is that this generalization (which you evidently believe yourself, since you can't recognize the issue with it) is nothing more than a right-wing myth. Most people go on welfare to get help through a tough time (like Mitt's dad). Some of those people even vote Republican. And, as Roh pointed out, even those few who would want to suck on the welfare system long term, can't....Clinton ended "welfare for life" back in the 90s.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote