The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: most frustrating Bronco to watch play?
George Foster 3 4.48%
Brian Griese 6 8.96%
Knowshon Moreno 30 44.78%
Kyle Orton 17 25.37%
other 11 16.42%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #26
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
This poll is frustrating to look at because it's dumb.
100 post rule.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #27
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,624

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

George Foster sucked monkey balls. Make that elephant balls. I gave him the nickname "Swinging Door" and wish he would have taken in and ran with it. What a waste of a high pick by Shanny. Since Cutler has been more of a douche since his debut as a Bronco, I wonder how much he would rip into that slob now...and I would completely support Cutler doing so.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #28
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
Do you understand the concept of a sunken cost? Just because Knoshown isn't living up to his draft status doesn't mean you just release him. He's not expensive. And if he's healthy, he's our 2nd best back.

He's still a decent back and can make plays at times (see the 4th quarter drive he kept alive by making a defender miss).

SMFH. Save me the Lance Ball and Ronnie Hillman talk.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #29
IBeWriteGood
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
100 post rule.
So, I should wait until I have 100 posts before pointing out the irrationality and "derp" nature of a poll?

What good would that do?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #30
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,120

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
And if he's healthy, he's our 2nd best back.
I have yet to see evidence of this. He's soft, slow, unwilling to run downhill, and fumbles at inopportune times. I say you DO release him and call it addition by subtraction. Ball can do all KM can do (and does it regularly), so KM is really boobies on a bull--useless. He's just a guy. KM does everything but does nothing well. Those kinds of backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL, but they aren't difference makers. Hillman is a project, to be sure, but Ball is the second best back on this team, and that's rather sad. Oh, to have inked Mike Bush.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #31
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,080

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Ashley lelie,roc alexander
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #32
IBeWriteGood
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
John Fox agrees with me.

We must assume he is as much of a moron as I am.

Let me guess...you're a fan of Lance Ball?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #33
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
So, I should wait until I have 100 posts before pointing out the irrationality and "derp" nature of a poll?

What good would that do?
didn't realize we had to clear posts with you in advance. does everyone know this? maybe it should be part of the rules for the site.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #34
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
Ashley lelie,roc alexander
good call on Ashley, but i think part of what made him frustrating to watch was the fact that Plummer didn't have the arm strength to get the ball to him. he would have dropped it anyway. probably.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #35
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream
 
BroncoLifer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boulder County
Posts: 1,426

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Griese. Directly responsible for ending the effective career of 50% of Denver Bronco NFL and Super Bowl MVPs.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #36
IBeWriteGood
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
I have yet to see evidence of this. He's soft, slow, unwilling to run downhill, and fumbles at inopportune times. I say you DO release him and call it addition by subtraction. Ball can do all KM can do (and does it regularly), so KM is really boobies on a bull--useless. He's just a guy. KM does everything but does nothing well. Those kinds of backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL, but they aren't difference makers. Hillman is a project, to be sure, but Ball is the second best back on this team, and that's rather sad. Oh, to have inked Mike Bush.
The only evidence you need to see is that an NFL coaching staff is giving Moreno more snaps than ball.

Again, you don't get rid of a guy just because he underperforms relative to draft status.

I'm not saying Moreno is all world...he's definitely frustrating to watch at times. And I know it's popular to be bold for the sake of pointing out a particular disappointment with a player. But I can't take anyone who would rather have Ball over Moreno seriously. Sorry. We'll have to agree to disagree.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #37
IBeWriteGood
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
didn't realize we had to clear posts with you in advance. does everyone know this? maybe it should be part of the rules for the site.
What are you talking about?

You're the one who condescendingly brought up the 100 post rule.

And now you want to retort with a passive aggressive comment because you don't agree with me?

You don't have to clear anything with anyone. But I think it's rather clear that the poll is intended to invoke the "Moreno sucks herpity derpity (breaths through mouth" hivemind.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #38
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St Augustine, FL
Posts: 7,452

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
The only evidence you need to see is that an NFL coaching staff is giving Moreno more snaps than ball.

Again, you don't get rid of a guy just because he underperforms relative to draft status.

I'm not saying Moreno is all world...he's definitely frustrating to watch at times. And I know it's popular to be bold for the sake of pointing out a particular disappointment with a player. But I can't take anyone who would rather have Ball over Moreno seriously. Sorry. We'll have to agree to disagree.
I agree with you on Moreno (plus I don't want the $22 I spent last year on his jersey to go to waste ), but you have to come with a better argument than an appeal to authority. Fox and all other coaches are not infallible. They started Orton over Tebow last year...
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #39
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

orton atleast had good games and good plays. has moreno ever shown that?
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #40
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
What are you talking about?

You're the one who condescendingly brought up the 100 post rule.

And now you want to retort with a passive aggressive comment because you don't agree with me?

You don't have to clear anything with anyone. But I think it's rather clear that the poll is intended to invoke the "Moreno sucks herpity derpity (breaths through mouth" hivemind.
you're the one (with a membership just days old) who dismissed the poll as irrational and worthy of only "derp" responses.

it's a legit poll. you can't read my mind, so don't try (i have my tinfoil hat on right now). this poll was made because Knowshon reminded me of other Broncos who were equally frustrating to watch play. it's not a bash Knowshon poll. if you disagree with the options, then there is a choice called "other". enlighten me on who i omitted. instead, you chose to attack the poll's validity. that's why i brought up the 100 post rule, which CLEARLY applies to your contributions to this thread.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #41
IBeWriteGood
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
you're the one (with a membership just days old) who dismissed the poll as irrational and worthy of only "derp" responses.

it's a legit poll. you can't read my mind, so don't try (i have my tinfoil hat on right now). this poll was made because Knowshon reminded me of other Broncos who were equally frustrating to watch play. it's not a bash Knowshon poll. if you disagree with the options, then there is a choice called "other". enlighten me on who i omitted. instead, you chose to attack the poll's validity. that's why i brought up the 100 post rule, which CLEARLY applies to your contributions to this thread.
I thought a 100 post rule applied to starting threads. Not posting in them. Otherwise, how are you supposed to get to 100 posts?

Anywho. I chose Kyle Orton. Clearly more frustrating to watch than Moreno.

Despite claims of "dancing" and this and that...Moreno's career YPC is about on par for a running back.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #42
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeWriteGood View Post
I thought a 100 post rule applied to starting threads. Not posting in them. Otherwise, how are you supposed to get to 100 posts?

Anywho. I chose Kyle Orton. Clearly more frustrating to watch than Moreno.

Despite claims of "dancing" and this and that...Moreno's career YPC is about on par for a running back.
"100 post rule" is a joke. it's mentioned when a newbie posts something easily dismissed as not worth arguing about, because it's a newbie who hasn't yet reached 100 posts. get it?
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #43
IBeWriteGood
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
"100 post rule" is a joke. it's mentioned when a newbie posts something easily dismissed as not worth arguing about, because it's a newbie who hasn't yet reached 100 posts. get it?
Haha. Get it,man.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #44
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,386

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

We should create an all-Bronco frustration team.

QB: Orton, Plummer, Griese
RB: Moreno, Gerald Wilhite, Rod Bernstein
WR: The Claw, Ashley Lelie, ??, ??
TE: Orson Mobley, Clarence Key
LT George Foster
LG?
C: Walton
RG?
RT:?

DT: Warren, Courtney Brown, ? ??
LB: Mike Croel (had so much potential), Nate Irving, Joe Mays,
S: Basically, anybody in the past 25 years not named Atwater, Smith, Lynch, or Dawkins

DE: Paul Tovesi sp?, Jarvis Moss, Dan Williams, ?

CB: Tony Lilly, Lenny Walls, Roc Alexander, Dre Bly, Andre Goodman

HC: Josh McDaniels
DC: Bob Slowik
OC: Jeremy Bates
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #45
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
We should create an all-Bronco frustration team.

QB: Orton, Plummer, Griese
RB: Moreno, Gerald Wilhite, Rod Bernstein
WR: The Claw, Ashley Lelie, ??, ??
TE: Orson Mobley, Clarence Key
LT George Foster
LG?
C: Walton
RG?
RT:?

DT: Warren, Courtney Brown, ? ??
LB: Mike Croel (had so much potential), Nate Irving, Joe Mays,
S: Basically, anybody in the past 25 years not named Atwater, Smith, Lynch, or Dawkins

DE: Paul Tovesi sp?, Jarvis Moss, Dan Williams, ?

CB: Tony Lilly, Lenny Walls, Roc Alexander, Dre Bly, Andre Goodman

HC: Josh McDaniels
DC: Bob Slowik
OC: Jeremy Bates
Dan Reeves has got to be the HC. for years, it was 3 quarters of "run the ball", "run the ball", "run the ball", "punt", then turn Elway loose in the 4th quarter.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/1997...giants-broncos

don't get me wrong, i respect what Reeves accomplished (along with Elway), but there's a reason Elway had so many 4th quarter comebacks and it wasn't because our opponents were better than use for 3 quarters.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #46
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
Dan Reeves has got to be the HC. for years, it was 3 quarters of "run the ball", "run the ball", "run the ball", "punt", then turn Elway loose in the 4th quarter.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/1997...giants-broncos

don't get me wrong, i respect what Reeves accomplished (along with Elway), but there's a reason Elway had so many 4th quarter comebacks and it wasn't because our opponents were better than use for 3 quarters.
While I agree with you that he was overly conservative and stodgy in his play calling, Reeves has got to be one of, if not the, most under-appreciated coach in the NFL.

Reeve's problem was similar to Shanny's problem in that he couldn't draft to save his life. Like Shanny, he had too much responsibilities and power and that leads to poor drafting. He wasn't in Shanny's league regarding x's & o's, but he could prepare a clearly talent voided team as well as anyone.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #47
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St Augustine, FL
Posts: 7,452

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
We should create an all-Bronco frustration team.

QB: Orton, Plummer, Griese
RB: Moreno, Gerald Wilhite, Rod Bernstein
WR: The Claw, Ashley Lelie, ??, ??
TE: Orson Mobley, Clarence Key
LT George Foster
LG?
C: Walton
RG?
RT:?

DT: Warren, Courtney Brown, ? ??
LB: Mike Croel (had so much potential), Nate Irving, Joe Mays,
S: Basically, anybody in the past 25 years not named Atwater, Smith, Lynch, or Dawkins

DE: Paul Tovesi sp?, Jarvis Moss, Dan Williams, ?

CB: Tony Lilly, Lenny Walls, Roc Alexander, Dre Bly, Andre Goodman

HC: Josh McDaniels
DC: Bob Slowik
OC: Jeremy Bates
Marquand Manuel, Marlon McCree
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #48
Broncomutt
Looking for
 
Broncomutt's Avatar
 
the Sunflower Samurai

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Waxhaw, NC
Posts: 1,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
orton atleast had good games and good plays. has moreno ever shown that?
I think he had a good game against KC a few years ago.

He had a pair of TDs in the 59-14 game against the Raiders.
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #49
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,545
Default

They all sucked but I picked Knowshow just because he's on the team now, who cares about the ones that are gone.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #50
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I'd have put Plummer on that list, especially his last season. But since this thread is really about finding a way to bash Moreno, I'll oblige. He was pretty weak last night.
Not sure how you could have been frustrated by a QB that led us to 10-6 (playoffs), 10-6 (playoffs), 13-3 (AFCCG appearance), and 7-4 before being benched for a pouty malcontent douche, but then again you thought he was a roadblock and blamed him for team's failures.

Knowshon had a bad game...but then again who didn't besides McGahee and Bailey, and maybe one other?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:30 PM.


Denver Broncos