The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #51
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Part of it I can't blame on Knowshon (the part where despite the fact he is a good pass reciever, they are NOT using him in the passing game yet when he gets in there). The other part is that he lacks mental toughness. You just KNOW there will be a critical point in the game where Moreno will make a massive mistake and then he'll be running scared the rest of the game that he focuses so much on not making the same error that he can't just play freely. He needs to get his ass in gear.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #52
Memento
SY2K

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Godwin Turk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Everyone wants that... those are hard to find. You need the body type of that and Rahim Moore doesn't have it (neither does Adams). Quinton Carter is pretty good at tackling people back but he's still not a decleater... not sure he has the body type of that either (he's lanky).
Harris isn't big. Great tackler though. Kind of a lost art.
Memento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #53
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento View Post
Harris isn't big. Great tackler though. Kind of a lost art.
Harris is a CB (I know he played S which probably helped his tackling)... but yes I consider Harris to be one of the better tacklers "stout" tacklers.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #54
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Pimp.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Ronnie has to learn his assignments before he gets in there on game days, hence "Slowshon" is in the third down back spot.
Ronnie Hillman has never blown an assignment in a regular-season game. Never!

(this is the same logic as saying Knowshon is one of the better 3rd-down backs in the league)
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #55
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
Rahim moore is terrible
I don't agree...only BDawk could have made that stop short of the 1st down. Rahim Moore is generally in the right spot, and will continue to improve...time to start getting some of those INT's...
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #56
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Pimp.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I don't agree...only BDawk could have made that stop short of the 1st down. Rahim Moore is generally in the right spot, and will continue to improve...time to start getting some of those INT's...
I honestly hope you're right, as Denver desperately needs a playmaker back there, and has a lot invested in him.

That being said... wishing for something doesn't make it so.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #57
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Ronnie Hillman has never blown an assignment in a regular-season game. Never!
Quote:
Hillman is over his hamstring injury but is still learning how to pass protect, so Willis McGahee and Knowshon Moreno will carry the load.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7440/ronnie-hillman

last week from Rotoworld.

Coach John Fox said rookie RB Ronnie Hillman was inactive Sunday because he's behind both physically and mentally.

Hillman pulled a hamstring during training camp and has struggled badly in pass protection. He's tumbled down the depth chart, finding himself buried behind Willis McGahee, Knowshon Moreno and Lance Ball. Hillman is just a Dynasty stash.
Source: Denver Post
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #58
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Perfect analysis.

I'm not sure why people are hating on Moore... what exactly did he blow tonight? I mean he botched an Int however he was in the right place at the right time which doesn't translate to suckage.

He didn't miss any tackles, and he was just a little late on some of his help ...
That's the way I saw it also. He's starting to slowly figure it out. If he would have had that pick six, people would feel differently. He was just a little late on some things but tackled well. Do I think he's starter material for a championship team, no, but I think he's on the right track and improving and hopefully later in the season he's much closer then he is right now. Giving up on him, with really nothing better to replace him with right now, would be completely foolish.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #59
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
I honestly hope you're right, as Denver desperately needs a playmaker back there, and has a lot invested in him.

That being said... wishing for something doesn't make it so.
Rahim Moore is a 2nd round 22 year-old cover Safety, who gets fined everytime he tackles somebody hard.

I ain't mad at him. He made a good play. In time, Champ will teach him how to shut down big WR's in their tracks.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:25 AM   #60
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Pimp.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed

Quote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7440/ronnie-hillman

last week from Rotoworld.

Coach John Fox said rookie RB Ronnie Hillman was inactive Sunday because he's behind both physically and mentally.

Hillman pulled a hamstring during training camp and has struggled badly in pass protection. He's tumbled down the depth chart, finding himself buried behind Willis McGahee, Knowshon Moreno and Lance Ball. Hillman is just a Dynasty stash.
Source: Denver Post
You might want to parse my original statement a little better, Champ.

"Ronnie Hillman has never blown an assignment in a regular-season game. Never!"

My point being that Knowshow supporters are using similar logic to advocate for him.... I've never seen that he's an adequate 3rd down back in a game. Hell, Lance Ball showed better than him tonight in his one play.

Also, I'm not sure that Rotoworld should be considered a 'source'.

Last edited by BowlenBall; 09-18-2012 at 12:29 AM..
Old 09-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #61
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Pimp.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed

Sorry for highjacking this thread, by the way... it's supposed to be about how awful Rahim Moore is, and I keep going on about how awful Moreno is.

My apologies.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:45 AM   #62
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
You might want to parse my original statement a little better, Champ.

"Ronnie Hillman has never blown an assignment in a regular-season game. Never!"

My point being that Knowshow supporters are using similar logic to advocate for him.... I've never seen that he's an adequate 3rd down back in a game. Hell, Lance Ball showed better than him tonight in his one play.

Also, I'm not sure that Rotoworld should be considered a 'source'.
Roto gets the snippets from the DPO. Point is, Hillman won't see the field until he catches up on pass blocking and his assignments. Until then, Broncos are rolling with McGahee, Moreno, and Ball.

Aside from the fumble, Moreno looked decent for a third down back. He caught some passes for nice gains, especially at the end. I think he compliments McGahee just fine.

Quote:
That Hillman has endured some ups and downs as a blocker is no surprise to offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, who described pass protection as "the hardest part" of a rookie runner's work.

"Without a doubt, because you see so many different pressures and people coming from different angles and disguising things and hiding things," McCoy said. "A running back, you hand him the ball, he's going to run. But it's the protection that's a major difference, I would say."

Moreno, on the other hand, has flourished in that role, McCoy said.

"He's always been a pretty good blocker," McCoy said. "He's never been afraid to stick his nose in there and fit up someone who's coming through on a pressure."

Hillman still fits in the Broncos' long-term plans, but for now, he'll be given time to develop -- which could mean time on the sideline during game days, unless the Broncos choose to activate four running backs. They never activated more than three last season.

"I think (Hillman) is like every rookie on the football team. There's so much more that we're doing right now offensively than what he did in college, it's going to be a day-to-day basis with him. He's going to learn something new every day. There's going to be a different look, or we're going to add things from week to week in game plans.

"We're not slowing down for anybody now. So you're not just getting the generic looks any more; we're throwing a lot at you and he's going to learn and get better every day."
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...g-must-improve

So yeah....
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:00 AM   #63
Action

Quote:
The coaching staff has spent thousands of hours with Moreno... I'm sure they know who the best RB's on the team are for certain situations.

Did you miss that play where Knowshon bailed Manning out?
Old 09-18-2012, 02:06 AM   #64
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
The coaching staff has spent thousands of hours with Moreno... I'm sure they know who the best RB's on the team are for certain situations.

Did you miss that play where Knowshon bailed Manning out?

And that is what is frustrating about Moreno. He shows little flashes of skill, and then does things like getting run over on pass protection or fumbling the ball.

As for the OP and Moore being awful...maybe he is. But from what I remember of the game, I dont recall him screwing up badly.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:39 AM   #65
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Pimp.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed

Quote:
Aside from the fumble, Moreno looked decent for a third down back. He caught some passes for nice gains, especially at the end.
One pass, actually -- for 12 yards (a low standard for a 'nice gain'). He also had 3 rushes for a whopping 2 yards. And one crushing fumble at a critical juncture that possibly cost us the game.

Ball, by comparison, had one reception for 17, and one rush for 4 yards. And he plays special teams quite well.

Again, my overarching point is that Knowshon is not value added over replacement, whether the replacement is Ball, Hillman, Jeremiah Johnson, or Xavier Omon. Especially in light of his salary, his constant injuries, and his license plate which says "SAUCED". I'm tired of it, and ready for the Broncos to move on.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:43 AM   #66
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Moreno - Sometimes i feel like he is playing for opposite team..Another Mcd blunder.
The more we cut Mcd players the better our team will be.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:23 AM   #67
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

sticking by my original statement....rahim Moore is going to cost us a few games this year
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #68
lolcopter

Rahim Moore has a better chance of catching a ball than dip**** Eric Decker
Old 09-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #69
Bmore Manning

Moore did not drive on the ball on that critical third down. It was really frustrating. I remember watching ED Reed jump a very similar play against NE in the playoffs, he drove hard and broke up the pass. Obviously we are talking about a perennial pro bowler compared to a young kid. But you need to have awareness to break on the player and TACKLE him short.. Why he was playing for an intermediate pass is beyond me...
Old 09-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #70
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Moore did not drive on the ball on that critical third down. It was really frustrating. I remember watching ED Reed jump a very similar play against NE in the playoffs, he drove hard and broke up the pass. Obviously we are talking about a perennial pro bowler compared to a young kid. But you need to have awareness to break on the player and TACKLE him short.. Why he was playing for an intermediate pass is beyond me...
Moore made a good play on Jones but we needed a great play and like the great safeties they show up and make great plays

Is there a bad defense out there with a great safety? Can't think of one so IMO this D is one great safety away from being eleite
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #71
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Moore made a good play on Jones but we needed a great play and like the great safeties they show up and make great plays

Is there a bad defense out there with a great safety? Can't think of one so IMO this D is one great safety away from being eleite
Yeah but what your forgetting is that Jones is 6-3 215, and a physical WR. Moore is only 6-0 200 (soak and wet), and he made a pretty good tackle on him. Moore is coming up and hitting people (unlike last year and in college), but he's small and has to learn the position. He's improved from last year in his tackling and in position he just has to let it come together. In saying all this, I think the defense played great considering the circumstances. Falcons didn't really score like talking about it considering where they got ball after the turnovers, and with the crowd behind.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #72
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

I'm just not impressed with his awareness and spatial coverage at all....hes always a yard and a half away from where he needs to be
Old 09-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #73
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
There's literally no reason to be on JD Walton's dick. Ever.
Would you like this postmarked to his wife?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #74
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
I'm just not impressed with his awareness and spatial coverage at all....hes always a yard and a half away from where he needs to be
Playing safety is all about being mentally quick with deciphering what is happening. Way too often, you see the amazing physical specimens at safety who can never understand how they need to play to do their job. That is where Moore is right now. He is still mentally slow and it shows in how he does his job.

You hope he starts to get it and changing schemes again never helps young safeties acclimate to the NFL. Look no further than the William Moore for ATL last night. He had the exact same struggles in ATL the last few years and was Extremely similar to Rahim Moore coming out of College. He played out of his mind last night and playing a very tough scheme that they had never played before he made plays.

I hope the kid gets it, but I am not happy with his progress to date. He negates all his athletic ability with being slow mentally to react. that has to get better if he wants to continue being a starter. I was disappointed with him being hesitant in his reads last night and not trusting what he saw. Indecision allows the other team to make big plays and he did plenty of that last night on first glance. He was not pathetic, but he also was not an asset in either the run or pass game either.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #75
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Thanks Med....you verbalized what I was frustrated with. He was routinely put in position to make plays but never took it upon himself to make an aggressive jump on the ball or receiver. I expected it of him last year but was hoping to see a jump this year. . Its frustrating to see the coaching staff calling solid schemes and the athletes not doing that little bit extra to make it work....at least when Mays is out of position it is on account of him being overly aggressive