The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #26
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

I'd like to see Rahim LESS....

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #27
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Carter is better he played pretty damn good last season
Carter is a strong safety IMO, he doesn't have the quickness of a FS that they require in this system. But Carter is a great tackler...
Old 09-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #28
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Carter is a strong safety IMO, he doesn't have the quickness of a FS that they require in this system. But Carter is a great tackler...
Carter is the best strong safety on the team. Moore just needs more game experience.. he's shown flashes of being very solid and I think he'll keep getting better.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #29
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Carter is the best strong safety on the team. Moore just needs more game experience.. he's shown flashes of being very solid and I think he'll keep getting better.
Problem is Carter missed all of TC and he's only a 2nd year player. Mike Adams is a vet and he's usually in the right place, he just isn't a playmaker. I'm pretty positive he's vital to the secondary calls since I see him making calls all the time.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #30
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Spot on take.

This is his second year in the NFL and has shown some flashes of being good.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #31
Armchair Bronco

Rahim Moore != Awesome Safety Name

Steve Atwater == Awesome Safety Name

Tyrone Braxton == Awesome Safety Name

I'm telling you: it's all in the name. And "Rahim Moore" is not an awesome name.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #32
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Spot on take.

This is his second year in the NFL and has shown some flashes of being good.
1st year of playing full time, going through training camp...ota etc.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #33
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Perfect analysis.

I'm not sure why people are hating on Moore.. what exactly did he blow tonight? I mean he botched an Int however he was in the right place at the right time which doesn't translate to suckage.

He didn't miss any tackles, and he was just a little late on some of his help ...
Because we live in a microwave society where everyone gets impatient if things don't happen fast enough.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #34
Action

Quote:
Because we live in a microwave society where everyone gets impatient if things don't happen fast enough.
I can see that but I think people in general tend to make a decision on someone and for whatever reason, it just stays like that forever... no matter what.

Such as Moreno. He will always forever be hated as a Bronco no matter what. No one will give him credit for that play he had that bailed Manning out which turned into like a 14 yard reception.

Another one is J.D. Walton. People really thought that he was going to get replaced by Koppen? Seriously? After working through all the OTA's, training camp, countless hours getting signals, language down with Manning... what he likes to do... you're going to scrap that?

I see people say he's one of the worst center but the truth is, he's been playing like one of the best centers in the league.

Gruden also said tonight that he was one of his favorite centers in the NFL.

But you come on here you would think that we have a scrub there.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #35
Memento
SY2K

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Godwin Turk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
Hey, no personal fouls or fines coming that's a good game for him.
Didn't he have a face mask penalty?
Memento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #36
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento View Post
Didn't he have a face mask penalty?
Yeah he did. That should have been a noncall... ever since they got rid of the 5 yard facemask, they only call the 15 yarders now for the extreme face masks... literally had his hand on the mask for less than 1 second which happens all the time and the runner was already down when it happened.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #37
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
I can see that but I think people in general tend to make a decision on someone and for whatever reason, it just stays like that forever... no matter what.

Such as Moreno. He will always forever be hated as a Bronco no matter what. No one will give him credit for that play he had that bailed Manning out which turned into like a 14 yard reception.

Another one is J.D. Walton. People really thought that he was going to get replaced by Koppen? Seriously? After working through all the OTA's, training camp, countless hours getting signals, language down with Manning... what he likes to do... you're going to scrap that?

I see people say he's one of the worst center but the truth is, he's been playing like one of the best centers in the league.

The reason is that some posters openly root against guys that McDaniels drafted that are still on the team. (I know Moore wasn't drafted by McD).
Old 09-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #38
Action

Quote:
The reason is that some posters openly root against guys that McDaniels drafted that are still on the team. (I know Moore wasn't drafted by McD).
J.D. Walton and Zane Beadles are good examples of this.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #39
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Hopefully he continues to imrpove. The last 2 weeks he should have had an int.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #40
Memento
SY2K

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Godwin Turk

Quote:
Yeah he did. That should have been a noncall... ever since they got rid of the 5 yard facemask, they only call the 15 yarders now for the extreme face masks... literally had his hand on the mask for less than 1 second which happens all the time and the runner was already down when it happened.
Yeah, you're right. Only wish we had Harris in there on that last play with Jones. Harris is a hell-of-a tackler (realize Harris is slot/corner...hope he's back next week). Moore is not even a good tackler yet (but getting better). Would love to have had the kind of safety who could decleat and send a player like Jones backwards when he's catches the ball two yards away from the first down marker. Instead Moore kind of grazed Jones while still making the tackle.
Memento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:11 PM   #41
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento View Post
Yeah, you're right. Only wish we had Harris in there on that last play with Jones. Harris is a hell-of-a tackler (realize Harris is slot/corner...hope he's back next week). Moore is not even a good tackler yet (but getting better). Would love to have had the kind of safety who could decleat and send a player like Jones backwards when he's catches the ball two yards away from the first down marker. Instead Moore kind of grazed Jones while still making the tackle.
Everyone wants that... those are hard to find. You need the body type of that and Rahim Moore doesn't have it (neither does Adams). Quinton Carter is pretty good at tackling people back but he's still not a decleater... not sure he has the body type of that either (he's lanky).
Old 09-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #42
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:

Agree with Walton -- I've never understood where all the hate is coming from. Is he an all-pro center? No, but he's average or better, and improving every year.

As for Knowshon -- he lacks burst, lacks top-end speed, gets confused on assignments, and is frequently injured. I'll give him credit for ****that one play**** in the game, but he was an overall net negative in this game and for his career (especially at his salary).
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:15 PM   #43
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Agree with Walton -- I've never understood where all the hate is coming from. Is he an all-pro center? No, but he's average or better, and improving every year.

As for Knowshon -- he lacks burst, lacks top-end speed, gets confused on assignments, and is frequently injured. I'll give him credit for ****that one play**** in the game, but he was an overall net negative in this game and for his career (especially at his salary).
I can agree that Moreno doesn't play up to his salary or his pick... again though, there is a reason they are confident in him as a 3rd down back. He plays pretty fast, he doesn't "miss" assignments, he's usually always in the right place... always catches the ball. (when I say he plays fast it looks like he knows what he's doing on passing downs, when he runs it, it's a different story)

I'd say he's one of the better 3rd down backs in the league coming out the backfield.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #44
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
I can agree that Moreno doesn't play up to his salary or his pick... again though, there is a reason they are confident in him as a 3rd down back. He plays pretty fast, he doesn't "miss" assignments, he's usually always in the right place... always catches the ball. (when I say he plays fast it looks like he knows what he's doing on passing downs, when he runs it, it's a different story)

I'd say he's one of the better 3rd down backs in the league coming out the backfield.
Based on what metric? Not production, that's for damned sure.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this, but just wait until Ronnie Hillman hits the field, and then we'll talk about Slowshon in comparison....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #45
menonite

Quote:
Based on what metric?
Dancing ability. It's like watching Fred Astair...until he falls down.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #46
Action

Quote:

We'll have to agree to disagree on this, but just wait until Ronnie Hillman hits the field, and then we'll talk about Slowshon in comparison....
Based on skill really... you're right he doesn't have much production but no one will by being purely a 3rd down back (which is what I'm referring him to)... I'm surprised they haven't run screen plays for him.

I think Ronnie Hillman will be better in the long run... I hope his hamstring is 100% at this point too.

I don't think they drafted him to sit on the inactive for all 16 games.

Then again, I'm pretty sure the statistic for injured RB's per team per season is at least 1, so in the front office's eyes, someone is bound to get injured.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #47
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

To be fair, as much as I love the guy, when Gruden is doing an MNF game, he sucks off everyone he talks about and all hell literally had to be breaking loose for him to finally say that Denver was "playing poorly" after it was like 20-0, every offensive drive had ended in an abortion of some kind and even that comment was kind of muted.

JD Walton is a below average center. Probably way below average. There was a recent article where some GM's confirmed the same. They tried to draft his successor at Baylor to replace him and he has flamed out, too. The guy isn't that good. There's literally no reason to be on JD Walton's dick. Ever.

BRING BACK BUTCH

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 09-17-2012 at 11:25 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #48
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:

Ronnie has to learn his assignments before he gets in there on game days, hence "Slowshon" is in the third down back spot.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #49
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
To be fair, as much as I love the guy, when Gruden is doing an MNF game, he sucks off everyone he talks about and all hell literally had to be breaking loose for him to finally say that Denver was "playing poorly" after it was like 20-0 and even that was kind of muted.

JD Walton is a below average center. There was a recent article where some GM's confirmed the same. They tried to draft his successor at Baylor to replace him and he has flamed out, too. The guy isn't that good. There's literally no reason to be on JD Walton's dick. Ever.
Why exactly isn't he good? He struggled early in his career but I'd say he's at least "good" now.

Manning's pressure has mainly come from the outside so far this season, except tonight where Manny Ramirez got handled a bit.

The interior protection has been pretty good for the most part... there are a few plays from the Pittsburgh game where he completely stood Hampton up, and I can remember 1 where he just pretty much blocked him backwards onto the ground.

Thats a NT for a 3-4 2 gap team...
Old 09-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #50
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
Dancing ability. It's like watching Fred Astair...until he falls down.
Double jointed ankles...its gotta be something like that. Makes him a solid sideline pixey dancer.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote