The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #851
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Thanks for not being able to win even a single game against Detroit in this series, Cleveland. You worthless pieces of ****.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #852
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Thanks for not being able to win even a single game against Detroit in this series, Cleveland. You worthless pieces of ****.
Spoke to soon...

Tomorrow is the season for Detroit. IF they lose, there's no way they make up two games on Chicago.

Ugh.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #853
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Ok...maybe I was too hard on the Indians, looks like they just won it in the 9th.

That'll be very useful to us, cause I'm sure we're going to get our asses handed to us by Detroit AGAIN, tomorrow, so we'll still have a lead when that happens.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #854
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Spoke to soon...

Tomorrow is the season for Detroit. IF they lose, there's no way they make up two games on Chicago.

Ugh.
Fear not. We're physically incapable of beating Detroit in an actual head to head game.

Even if there was a global AIDS epidemic that would be unleashed on the world if we lost. Addison Reed would give up 4 runs in the 9th and Valverdo would go through the lineup 1-2-3 in the bottom of the inning.

Quintana will give up 7 in 2 and a third tomorrow. I'm calling it now. This isn't reverse mojo, we literally cannot beat the Tigers.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #855
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Fear not. We're physically incapable of beating Detroit in an actual head to head game.

Even if there was a global AIDS epidemic that would be unleashed on the world if we lost. Addison Reed would give up 4 runs in the 9th and Valverdo would go through the lineup 1-2-3 in the bottom of the inning.

Quintana will give up 7 in 2 and a third tomorrow. I'm calling it now. This isn't reverse mojo, we literally cannot beat the Tigers.
Even if that were the case, the Sox would still be up by 1 game, and as has been demonstrated over the past month and a half, the Tigers don't have the sack to make up ground on that team.

There, I said it. And Leyland's the leader of the sackless. Take it for what you will, 'Murrica.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #856
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Hopefully there is a tremendous rainstorm again tomorrow and the game is never made up.

Ever.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #857
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Jose Valverde blew the save....Indians win 7-6.

2 games back of the White Sox.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #858
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Game. Season.

Fire Leyland.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #859
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

White Sox come back from 0-3 to take Detroit down, 5-4 and take a 3 game lead in the division.

Rio's slide into second causes a bad throw that allows 2 runs to score which was the difference in the game.

Sorry SSJ!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #860
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Huge win for your White Sox.

Tigers aren't out of it yet, but they need to kick some ass these last 16 games.

The White Sox are certainly in the driver's seat.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #861
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Game. Season.

Fire Leyland.
Whoa...calm down, dude. I'm relieved we got a win, which as you know, I didn't think we'd be able to do. But I'm looking at the remaining schedule and it favors Detroit. We have series against TB and Anaheim mixed in with the the Royals. For whatever strange reason, we've had some serious trouble with the Royals this year, so I'm concerned about that. Detroit appears to have an easier schedule so that is in their favor. Chicago is going to have a tough time going better than 8-8 from here on out, so Detroit can win this division, or at least move into a tie if they can win 11 games....possibly 10.

Chicago will need a couple more wins from Sale. Sale needs to get 3 more wins for the team just from himself cause the rest of hte rotation is iffy, including Peavy. He's going to have to carry them home....and hope Detroit doesnt get hot playing against cupcakes, which is entirely possible and maybe even likely.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #862
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Whoa...calm down, dude. I'm relieved we got a win, which as you know, I didn't think we'd be able to do. But I'm looking at the remaining schedule and it favors Detroit. We have series against TB and Anaheim mixed in with the the Royals. For whatever strange reason, we've had some serious trouble with the Royals this year, so I'm concerned about that. Detroit appears to have an easier schedule so that is in their favor. Chicago is going to have a tough time going better than 8-8 from here on out, so Detroit can win this division, or at least move into a tie if they can win 11 games....possibly 10.

Chicago will need a couple more wins from Sale. Sale needs to get 3 more wins for the team just from himself cause the rest of hte rotation is iffy, including Peavy. He's going to have to carry them home....and hope Detroit doesnt get hot playing against cupcakes, which is entirely possible and maybe even likely.
I worked out the rest of the schedule for both teams last Thursday before the series even started.

Remaining games for DET are:

Kansas City 7-5
Minnesota 7-5
Oakland 2-2

16-12 overall

Remaining games for CHI are:

Kansas City 5-10
Cleveland 8-4
Los Angeles 3-2
Tampa Bay 3-0

19-16 overall

Like I said, the Tigers have demonstrated that they do not have the ability to make up ground on the Sox. Leyland must be to blame, because this roster is far too talented to be relegated to second place in one of the worst divisions in the league.

If they're going to make up 3 games on the Sox, they won't have my confidence in doing so.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #863
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Max Scherzer had to leave the game after pitching 2 innings against Oakland tonight....hope it's nothing serious.

Miggy smacked his 39th HR on the season tonight.

Miggy is putting together one heck of a season: .332 average (league leading) with 39 HRs (3rd in league) and 125 RBIs (league leading)....OPS of 1.000 (league leading).

Josh Hamiliton leads the league in HRs with 42....if Miggy goes on a nice little HR streak he might have a shot at winning the Triple Crown.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #864
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

As soon as I typed that, Miggy smacked his 38th double on the season.

Batting average up to .333 on the season.

Tigers are leading Oakland 3-1 in the 5th inning.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #865
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

BOOM!

Prince Fielder smacks his 27th HR on the season....that gives him 100 RBIs on the season.

Tigers lead 5-1.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 09-18-2012 at 05:53 PM..
Old 09-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #866
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Tigers up 8-1....I like the lineup when Quintin Berry follows Austin Jackson at the top of the lineup.

When those 2 get it going up top, it really ignites the team.

It gives the team some much needed speed early in the lineup.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #867
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

BOOM!!!!!!

Miggy smacks another HR tonight....this one a grand slam.

40th HR and 129 RBIs on the season.

A double, 2 HRs, and 6 RBIs for Miggy in 4 at bats.

He also scored his 100th run of the season tonight.

Tigers up 12-2.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 09-18-2012 at 07:11 PM..
Old 09-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #868
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

And yet the Tigers will fall short of the postseason unless there is a monumental collapse by the White Sox, the O's/Yankees or the A's. Heck even the Angels are ahead in the wild card race.

One guy who's put together an incredible second half of the season is Chase Headley. Been a beast post All Star break.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #869
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

If the Tigers can go 11-5 or 12-4 these last 16 games, they have a chance....but the White Sox will have to help out and play .500 ball.

Tonight was a good start.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #870
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Sox win, 15 games left. Still 3 to make up.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #871
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Looks like the White Sox beat Kansas City 3-2.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #872
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

It looks like Max Scherzer's MRI results were negative and showed no damage.

That's good for this season....and long term, as he is having a heck of a season and turning into a stud #2 starter.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 09-18-2012 at 07:29 PM..
Old 09-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #873
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
And yet the Tigers will fall short of the postseason unless there is a monumental collapse by the White Sox, the O's/Yankees or the A's. Heck even the Angels are ahead in the wild card race.

I'm not sure blowing a 3 game lead in 15 games would be a monumental collapse, its not exactly a huge number. In fact, we could blow it with a single bad series. We held on for a 3-2 win as Gavin Floyd pitched a great game tonight, which we needed considering Detroit bombed Oakland. There's 15 games left. If the Tigers go 10-5 and the Sox go 7-8, it will be a tie and it will hardly be because someone "collapsed". There's a long way to go. If we were up 3 with like 8 to play, then yeah that would be a collapse, but not at 15, where merely going .500 (which is not an awful thing) is good enough to get you beat.

The key for Chicago will be really taking care of business against Cleveland. We've got 6 games against them left and we need to win 4 of those games because the Anaheim and Tampa Bay series will be tough.

I'm going to peg the White Sox as needing 9 more wins to pull this off. I know DET has had issues with MIN and KC, but those are weak teams. If they can win 2 out of 3 vs. OAK and I think they will, I could see them winning each of their remaining series 2-1 and the KC series 3-1, so that would put them at around 11-4, so we need to go 9-6.

9 more. If we can get 4 from Cleveland, that leaves 5 more. I'll give us one win vs. Anaheim, two wins out of four vs. Tampa Bay, that's 7. Sale HAS to beat Chen tomorrow and Chen has had our number a little bit. We need to win tomorrow for sure cause Verlander will win. That would be 8 and then we need one more win, somewhere. If we can get to 9, it would force them to win 12 and that's tough.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 09-18-2012 at 08:36 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #874
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Tigers are up on the A's 4-0 at the end of the 6th inning.

Justin Verlander is done for the night.

122 pitches through 6 innings....not very efficient, but still 6 innings of shutout ball.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 09-19-2012 at 06:20 PM..
Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #875
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Now that Cabrera is #1 in the league in both RBI and batting average, it's time to talk triple crown. Does he have it in him to beat Hamilton by 2+ HR over the next 15 games?