The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #26
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
When I saw it live, I thought there would be a high risk of injury. The tackle was technically clean, but in my opinion it was done out of embarrassment and frustration, and could have easily broke DT's arm. I don't think it was very sportsman-like of Polamalu.
It was a dirty tackle period. He grabbed the arm, locked it in an arm bar, then did a somersault trying to dislocate it.

It was like an MMA move not football. BS it wasn't dirty. When Troy P career is over I will celebrate. Players from USC are always dirty little b****es. In fact our biggest headhunter of all time, from USC!.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #27
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Harris was in a boot - just making sure the ankle has no swelling or inflammation. I expect he will play.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #28
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Broncos biggest enemy is depth. We have 2 starting caliber WR and that is it. The rest are roll players. Not even any young raw ones that IMO look like they could be studs.

Its like Elway has a lot of pieces filled in, but not any answers on the bench. A precarious situation. Still I don't blame him he is doing what he can with a team that didn't have much talent.

But Elway did get lucky that Mcd 2010 draft is paying dividends. Without Decker and DT, Walton and Beadles, we would be pretty crappy. Even if Walton and Beadles aren't that good they are starting. Decker and Thomas sort of becoming something that could be really special. Both same yr into the league, they could play together for a long time.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #29
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Troys workouts are ridiculous...the guy works ourt like none other to enhance his reflexes and speed. He knows what he did is wrong...that sort of low brow shizz does nothing but drop your confidence as a human and then you end up losing track of who you are. I think this year will be tough one for him anyway after teams watch what manning did to expose him and that defense, hell be paying all year long.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #30
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I would rather have a awful vet then a awful young guy. At least the vet would be savy in covering.
Like when McD signed Ty Law?
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #31
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Like when McD signed Ty Law?
Ty Law was off the field for how long when he was brought in to play a postion he never played his whole career!?!?

Florence was played nickel corner before. He was in our training camp all offseason. I know Florence isn't that 4.39 corner he used to be but I still think he can cover a 4.51 thrid WR. Again I'm not saying Florence is good I'm just saying he is at the very least as good as Carter.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #32
yerner
Ring of Famer

Thomas should have got the back mount and locked in the rear naked choke. ****ing ridiculous. Should have been fined for that garbage.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #33
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Ty Law was off the field for how long when he was brought in to play a postion he never played his whole career!?!?

Florence was played nickel corner before. He was in our training camp all offseason. I know Florence isn't that 4.39 corner he used to be but I still think he can cover a 4.51 thrid WR. Again I'm not saying Florence is good I'm just saying he is at the very least as good as Carter.
So? He was still a very savy vet. Plus, he was savy enough to play a position he wasn't familiar with... he was just slow as hell and couldn't tackle for ****! Even if the ball carrier for some other reason bumped into him.

With the speed ATL has at WR... Ryan would look for Florence every time. Plus... what's all this bashing on Carter? It's not like the kid has not talent. He just needs to polish his technique. He is great depth. Carter has a higher ceiling... well he has a ceiling at least. Florence is on the downside of his career. Plus... we already experimented on signing former Charger CBs.

I am glad we used a roster spot on a young player over the rehashed vet for once.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #34
Agamemnon

Quote:
I would rather have a awful vet then a awful young guy. At least the vet would be savy in covering.
Tony Carter > Drayton Florence. Let it go.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #35
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Tony Carter >>>>>>>>>>>> Drayton Florence. Let it go.
fyp
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #36
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
So? He was still a very savy vet. Plus, he was savy enough to play a position he wasn't familiar with... he was just slow as hell and couldn't tackle for ****! Even if the ball carrier for some other reason bumped into him.

With the speed ATL has at WR... Ryan would look for Florence every time. Plus... what's all this bashing on Carter? It's not like the kid has not talent. He just needs to polish his technique. He is great depth. Carter has a higher ceiling... well he has a ceiling at least. Florence is on the downside of his career. Plus... we already experimented on signing former Charger CBs.

I am glad we used a roster spot on a young player over the rehashed vet for once.
Again Ty Law was signed off the street to play a position he has never played. He struggled with the plays and even where to line up. Why? Because he didn't have a clue what he was doing. No amount of games played was ever going to prepare him for doing what he was doing that is why it was a FAILURE.
Carter has a ceiling? News to me. Even with speed I look to Ryan to attack Carter all day long if Harris can't play and as you pointed out he has no technique to even get the advantage of a WR.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #37
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Again, the tackle was not dirty.

Wrenching his arm after the tackle was dirty as balls.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #38
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Come on. It wasn't dirty.

Demaryius owned him on a stiff arm so Troy grabbed what he could get.
The tackle wasn't dirty, but dickface twisting his arm AFTER the tackle is dirty.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #39
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

I went back and watched the play after reading this thread -- while technically legal, he definitely did it with intent to injure. Very unsportsmanlike.

Oh well, we'll hopefully get them in the playoffs, I'm sure DeMaryius wouldn't mind having a few shots at Mr. Polamalu on some crackbacks.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #40
jerseyguy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
It was like an MMA move not football
This.

Dirty? Sorta, I guess. There aren't many true dirty ways to tackle a ball carrier that aren't legal. It is, however, very impressive that Troy managed to do this while running. I imagine Troy's goal was to make someone regret stiff arming him. Mission accomplished