The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #551
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
You've been my personal message board stalker. Ya, your feelings are hurt.
Oh, I'm stalking you, all right. Because you're a douche bag Raider troll who wore out his welcome on this Broncos board long ago. And because I despise hypocrites. So get used to it, Special_Ed! Calling you out and making fun of you is going to be my little past-time!
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #552
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black96WS6 View Post
I love Fight_On! there to the left cheering because he's so absolutely clueless on what's going on down on the field while the adults around him are shaking their heads in disgust. And then he slowly realizes he needs to put his arms down as he stares sheepishly into the camera.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #553
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
Oh, I'm stalking you, all right. Because you're a douche bag Raider troll who wore out his welcome on this Broncos board long ago. And because I despise hypocrites. So get used to it, Special_Ed! Calling you out and making fun of you is going to be my little past-time!
Knock.....knock....life is calling. You're like a girl who can't get over a break up and needs to seek revenge. You're in denial, you are butt hurt.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #554
Raider Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceOfClub View Post
They were gifted 9 points, you were gifted 8 in garbage time.

without the 2 4th-and-long penalties your sorry excuse of an organization scored 6 points.
OK with out the punting fiasco and our garbage time TD it's still a 7 point game.

Streeter's rookie mistake was a 6-10 point swing.

We played worse than I expected, but better than donkfan wants to let on.
Raider Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #555
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Bill View Post
We played worse than I expected, but better than donkfan wants to let on.
Honestly most of us were expecting this.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #556
Raider Bill

You were calling for the longsnapper to get hurt, and have 3 ****ed up punts?
Old 09-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #557
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
You were calling for the longsnapper to get hurt, and have 3 ****ed up punts?
The Raiders find a way. You're lucky Rivers always sucks in September because he was five bad passes from putting up 18 more points on you guys.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #558
Raider Bill

Those things go both ways.

There was 6 points in the back of the end zone to Hagan if he put another inch of air under the ball.

Streater had the long pass hit him in the hands down the sidelines, If Taiwan Jones catches the pitch from Reece, that play goes for 7.

If streater just falls down we're scoring at least 3 points.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #559
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Those things go both ways.

There was 6 points in the back of the end zone to Hagan if he put another inch of air under the ball.

Streater had the long pass hit him in the hands down the sidelines, If Taiwan Jones catches the pitch from Reece, that play goes for 7.

If streater just falls down we're scoring at least 3 points.
Sure. I do know that the Chargers have had your number for, what, 8 years now? That's something that hasn't gone both ways. Nor has the fact you guys collect more yellow laundry in one game than all the mothers in Pittsburgh in a week.

You guys are the same, self-imploding Raiders. And you fans are the same: Preseason talking about how you're "taking the division," week 1-3 is excuse week, and then disappear by mid-season.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #560
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Both teams looked bad, IMO.
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #561
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #562
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Last night on Twitter they were talking about firing dennis allen & greg knapp....

Old 09-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #563
Raider Bill

Quote:
Sure. I do know that the Chargers have had your number for, what, 8 years now? That's something that hasn't gone both ways.
What does 8 years ago have to do with anything? We split last year and swept them the year before.

Quote:
Nor has the fact you guys collect more yellow laundry in one game than all the mothers in Pittsburgh in a week.
We had 6 penalties for 35 yards.....exaggerate much?

Quote:
You guys are the same, self-imploding Raiders. And you fans are the same: Preseason talking about how you're "taking the division," week 1-3 is excuse week, and then disappear by mid-season
And you are the same loser broncos who haven't been relevant since .....10 years before the last time the Raiders were relevant.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #564
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

And you are the same loser broncos who haven't been relevant since .....10 years before the last time the Raiders were relevant.
I honestly don't know what you are talking about. We went to the playoffs last season, but you probably don't mean that. 2005 we were playing in the AFC Championship game. That was less than ten years ago. in 1999 we won the SB. Ten years later was 2009 when you went 8-8 and missed the playoffs. You could be meaning "around" ten years but in 2008 you won four games and in 2010 you won 8 games and missed the playoffs- all hugely irrelevant.

Yeah, I am not sure when you thought you were relevant.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #565
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
We had 6 penalties for 35 yards.....exaggerate much?

Tom Kelly's thugery gave the Chargers two first downs...New culture indeed...

Same raiders....same results

Old 09-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #566
Bacillus Anthracis

I don't care what anyone says, trying to put a positive spin on how the Raiders played is a dual exercise in denial and futility. The defense looked good but the rest was a crapfest.

Greg Knapp sucks as an offensive coordinator. He's been with 5 different teams in 10 years and has never held an OC job for more than two--he's been fired from every OC job he's ever had. And it ain't because his offenses were scary good.

A WCO combined with a zone blocking scheme: and not a single player on the team whose skillsets fit those schemes. I've talked about that before here but even I didn't think it would be that bad. And it'll stay that way. It'll improve a little and there'll be a good game here and there, but what we saw last night from Knapp is the same thing we'll continue to see: unimaginative, predictable, and unable to make adjustments.

And it was Dennis Allen that hired him so the blame is equal. And Reggie McKenzie hired him.

As far as blaming it on the injury to a longsnapper, here's the deal. Why was the backup so inept? Whose job is it to see to it that in the case of something like this, we don't turn into a peewee football team on punts? It's the special teams coach and the head coach. Our special teams were good but we let that coach go and brought in a new one. Good job DA.

Dennis Allen ran his mouth about discipline and attention to detail all throughout the offseason. But instead we get ineptitude and disaster.

It's sad to say that this team would have been better if Al Davis hadn't of croaked.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #567
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacillus Anthracis View Post
I don't care what anyone says, trying to put a positive spin on how the Raiders played is a dual exercise in denial and futility. The defense looked good but the rest was a crapfest.

Greg Knapp sucks as an offensive coordinator. He's been with 5 different teams in 10 years and has never held an OC job for more than two--he's been fired from every OC job he's ever had. And it ain't because his offenses were scary good.

A WCO combined with a zone blocking scheme: and not a single player on the team whose skillsets fit those schemes. I've talked about that before here but even I didn't think it would be that bad. And it'll stay that way. It'll improve a little and there'll be a good game here and there, but what we saw last night from Knapp is the same thing we'll continue to see: unimaginative, predictable, and unable to make adjustments.

And it was Dennis Allen that hired him so the blame is equal. And Reggie McKenzie hired him.

As far as blaming it on the injury to a longsnapper, here's the deal. Why was the backup so inept? Whose job is it to see to it that in the case of something like this, we don't turn into a peewee football team on punts? It's the special teams coach and the head coach. Our special teams were good but we let that coach go and brought in a new one. Good job DA.

Dennis Allen ran his mouth about discipline and attention to detail all throughout the offseason. But instead we get ineptitude and disaster.

It's sad to say that this team would have been better if Al Davis hadn't of croaked.
Man this tastes delicious. Institutional fail so epic, they're pining to exhume the Crypt Keeper by Week 1.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #568
Raider Bill

[QUOTE=Bacillus Anthracis;3664403]A WCO combined with a zone blocking scheme: and not a single player on the team whose skillsets fit those schemes. I've talked about that before here but even I didn't think it would be that bad. And it'll stay that way. It'll improve a little and there'll be a good game here and there, but what we saw last night from Knapp is the same thing we'll continue to see: unimaginative, predictable, and unable to make adjustments. [quote]

Who doesnt it fit

Veldheer

Quote:
Awesome size, 6 foot 8, and nowhere near overweight
•Great athlete, quick feet, quick out of stance, slides extremely well for his size
•Very good footwork, mirrors his defender well, and doesn't have issues with speed
•Impressive upper body strength, putting up 32 reps of 225 at the combine
•Comfortable in space, does a good job getting into the second level
•Frame has room to be maxed out
Tremendous potential, has possibly the best combination of size and athleticism of tackle in the draft

Wiz.

Quote:
Outstanding technician and understands nuances of blocking
Natural knee bender and executes leverage
Good mobility and range
Athletic
Very quick with a nice get-off after snap
Blue-collar, physical demeanor
Gets nice hand extension and controls opponents
Instinctive and aware at the line; picks up stunts and blitzes
Competitor who really fights on running downs
Fluid on pulls and traps; gets to second level
Carlisle who played his entire career in this system?

Briesel who blocked for Arian Foster last year?

Barnes is a little bit less of a fit, but at the end of the day, zone or man, you have to block someone.

Quote:
What happened when the Giants ran a then retired Trey Junkin out there to longsnap? You can only dress so many guys. If Goethel was killing it in practice what else could they do?

Quote:

That's just silly talk. Al Davis and the dopey guy he hired to coach the team are the reasons we had no picks this year, and were an entire salary cap, over the salary cap.

At the end of the day SD kicked 5 field goals, we left points on the field when Streater fumbled, we left points on the field when Jones fumbled, it was a division game and figured to be a low scoring affair, the messed up long snaps were the difference in the game whether you want to admit it or not.

Last edited by Raider Bill; 09-11-2012 at 10:58 AM..
Old 09-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #569
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Knock.....knock....life is calling. You're like a girl who can't get over a break up and needs to seek revenge. You're in denial, you are butt hurt.
Ah, no sir. I work from home. I get to peruse my home PC all day long and get paid for it, so making your life miserable isn't going to be a problem for me at all. I get to get my work done AND piss you off at the same time!

By the way, you made another grammatical blunder there, Special_Ed. "You're in denial" and "you are butt hurt" are two separate ideas. They are not separated by a comma.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #570
Raider Bill

I forgot about mcfadden, but he needs to see the holes better, a couple of times Veldheer and Briesel got their guys on the ground backside, and he ran right into the pile.

You do not make coaching hires or base schemes on your current running back. The only player on the team you might do that for is a star QB. The teams overall philosophy is more important than any one player.

I think a lot of Raider fans aren't used to having an actual orginizational philosophy besides just overpaying everyone in site, throwing it all together and hoping it works.

Second of all, we couldn't open up the field last night. The lack of Moore and Ford working over the middle and down the sidelines really hurt us. The Chargers committed 8 in the box on almost every play and weren't scared of any deep balls, and you're blaming the blocking scheme?

That said, if we don't lose our longsnapper it's a game we very well might have won. Yeah it sucks we didn't, but there was nothing out there last night that made me think we're doomed.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #571
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post

"wew! thank god Dad's not around anymore!"
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #572
Black96WS6
Perennial Pro-bowler

I don't understand Raider fan comments that it would've been a game or things would've been different if not for the punt issues.

You still got stopped on 3rd down. You still had to punt. So Rivers gets it at his 30 instead of your 40. He still would've drove down the field on you. It's the end zone where the Chargers had problems and settling for FGs.

You still scored 6 whole points until there was a minute left in the entire game.

And the only reason that happened was because they were playing prevent and letting everything happen underneath to keep the clock going.

But whatever, maybe I was watching a different game lol
Black96WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #573
Raider Bill

Shane Lechler was only going to punt the ball 30 yards?

Even with all those short fields Rivers couldn't capitalize.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #574
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Shane Lechler was only going to punt the ball 30 yards?

Even with all those short fields Rivers couldn't capitalize.
gotta admit the faid's defense looked good, especially the dline.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #575
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
That said, if we don't lose our longsnapper it's a game we very well might have won. Yeah it sucks we didn't, but there was nothing out there last night that made me think we're doomed.