The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #3751
Smiling Assassin27
Concerned Citizen
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Blimey me hearties

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 15,352

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pirate Giraffe
Default

Quote:
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde
#Packers place RB Brandon Saine on injured reserve, claim RB Johnny White on waivers from Buffalo.

Retweeted by Adam Schefter
Knowshon to the packers for a 4th and BJ Raji. lock it up.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #3752
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,882

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Knowshon to the packers for a 4th and BJ Raji. lock it up.
What are they doing with James Starks?
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #3753
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Vilma is set to come off the PUP this week and claims he will play against the Bucs this week. Lets say he does win, how hard should we go after MLB Curtis Lofton? Or trade DJ for David Hawthorne who has played MLB with the Seahawks as well. Thoughts?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #3754
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Vilma is set to come off the PUP this week and claims he will play against the Bucs this week. Lets say he does win, how hard should we go after MLB Curtis Lofton? Or trade DJ for David Hawthorne who has played MLB with the Seahawks as well. Thoughts?
He might not play against Denver.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #3755
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
He might not play against Denver.
I still think Hawthorne should be an option, though Brooking played well enough.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #3756
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I still think Hawthorne should be an option, though Brooking played well enough.
It's very rare you see trades this late in the season, and if you do it tends to be on the offense side of the ball.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #3757
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
It's very rare you see trades this late in the season, and if you do it tends to be on the offense side of the ball.
They extended the trade deadline so expect things to change. I think they have Hawthorne playing out of postion, DJ for him helps both teams IMO. Plus DJ gets to play with Vilma again.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:37 AM   #3758
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Vilma is set to come off the PUP this week and claims he will play against the Bucs this week. Lets say he does win, how hard should we go after MLB Curtis Lofton? Or trade DJ for David Hawthorne who has played MLB with the Seahawks as well. Thoughts?
Even if he comes off pup he will be suspended again. The team is not going cut his insurance policy.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:44 AM   #3759
Jetland
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Even if he comes off pup he will be suspended again. The team is not going cut his insurance policy.
what the hell are you trying to say?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #3760
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,665
Default

The Philadelphia Eagles fired defensive coordinator Juan Castillo and promoted secondary coach Todd Bowles into the position, the team announced Tuesday.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #3761
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,366
Default

^ Scapegoat.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #3762
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,665
Default

New Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam, whose takeover of the team was officially approved Tuesday, will name Joe Banner the team's CEO/president and current president Mike Holmgren will leave the organization, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #3763
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 51,997

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
New Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam, whose takeover of the team was officially approved Tuesday, will name Joe Banner the team's CEO/president and current president Mike Holmgren will leave the organization, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder.
So long, Walrus man.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #3764
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I wonder if Reid will end up in Cleveland?

It will also be interesting to see where Vick lands next year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #3765
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
I wonder if Reid will end up in Cleveland?
I would think no. The unofficial word in Philadelphia was that Joe Banner lost the power struggle with Reid. Since Banner is taking over as top dog in Cleveland you wouldn't think there'd be a place for Reid there.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #3766
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Interesting. I did not know that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #3767
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,460

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
New Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam, whose takeover of the team was officially approved Tuesday, will name Joe Banner the team's CEO/president and current president Mike Holmgren will leave the organization, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder.
This new owner just made a great move. Why Mike Holmgren was ever, ever, ever promoted to a GM/President is simply beyond my understanding.

However, I did like the Weeden pick. That being said, a monkey could make that pick.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #3768
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,460

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Well, it finally happened, Kolb is out for 6 weeks... and ouch too, that is, 6 ribs "detached" from his like sternum or something...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...h-from-sternum
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #3769
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,665
Default

Despite returning to practice only Wednesday from a torn Achilles in April, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs is targeting and expecting to play Sunday versus the Houston Texans, according to league sources.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #3770
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 9,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Despite returning to practice only Wednesday from a torn Achilles in April, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs is targeting and expecting to play Sunday versus the Houston Texans, according to league sources.
Too soon, expect lots of injuries due to compensation
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #3771
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8520058

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Tim Tebow could be used as a running back when the New York Jets play the New England Patriots on Sunday in Foxborough, coach Rex Ryan said during his Thursday news conference.

Jets blog
Looking for more on
the green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog
Week 6 gallery

"That's a possibility," Ryan said. "The thing about Tim, with him being a football player like we've always talked about, by playing quarterback he knows all the positions and so, can you plug him in at running back? Can you plug him in at tight end, whatever? I think the answer is yes."
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #3772
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 47,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8520058

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Tim Tebow could be used as a running back when the New York Jets play the New England Patriots on Sunday in Foxborough, coach Rex Ryan said during his Thursday news conference.

Jets blog
Looking for more on
the green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog
Week 6 gallery

"That's a possibility," Ryan said. "The thing about Tim, with him being a football player like we've always talked about, by playing quarterback he knows all the positions and so, can you plug him in at running back? Can you plug him in at tight end, whatever? I think the answer is yes."
We all said he would make a great FB/H-back.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #3773
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,665
Default

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...kins-together/

“Ageless machine” London Fletcher holding ‘Skins together
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #3774
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,665
Default

It's pretty impressive how effective London Fletcher is for being 37 years old.

15 seasons and 230 consecutive game while playing one of the most physical positions in the NFL.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #3775
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,665
Default

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...0669--nfl.html

Maurice Jones-Drew, Fred Davis, London Fletcher headline Week 7′s injury roundup
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Denver Broncos