The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #301
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 
Get off my lawn, you kids!

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,469

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Wow. Just...wow... I was just JOKING about ruining your birthday weekend...

Last edited by Crushaholic; 09-08-2012 at 12:04 PM..
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #302
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,472

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Wow. Just...wow... I was just JOKING about ruining your birthday weekend...
....I knew we would lose, I posted that several times before the game, but I did not think it would be quite this bad. KSU looks like a 10 win team again. Much props.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #303
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,090

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Really looking forward to this Air Force vs. Michigan game.
I smell an upset brewing....
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #304
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Really looking forward to this Air Force vs. Michigan game.
I smell an upset brewing....
Michigan better win....but I could see Air Force keeping it close.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #305
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,070
Default

Penn State is beating Virginia 16-10 with 10:18 left in the 4th quarter.

I'd like to see them win some games this year.

All the **** that happened isn't the fault of the kids on the team.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #306
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Really looking forward to this Air Force vs. Michigan game.
I smell an upset brewing....
I sure hope not. Well... if it gets them to move on from Robinson, maybe. But ONLY then.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #307
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Penn State is beating Virginia 16-10 with 10:18 left in the 4th quarter.

I'd like to see them win some games this year.

All the **** that happened isn't the fault of the kids on the team.
The players may not deserve it but the Penn State fans and students do. They've been trying to downplay the scandal from the start.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #308
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,070
Default

That's a blanket statement....not all the fans and students feel that way.

Besides, I'm not worried about the fans and students....I'd like to see Penn State win at least 4 or 5 games for the players that stuck around.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #309
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,472

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
That's a blanket statement....not all the fans and students feel that way.

Besides, I'm not worried about the fans and students....I'd like to see Penn State win at least 4 or 5 games for the players that stuck around.
Agreed
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #310
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I sure hope not. Well... if it gets them to move on from Robinson, maybe. But ONLY then.
Denard Robinson is going to be the starter all year unless he is injured, so don't get your hopes up.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #311
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,070
Default

**** SoCal....I didn't realize Kansas State beat Miami 52-13.

I didn't see any of the game....is K-State that good, or is Miami that bad this season?
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #312
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Wasn't Michigan vs Alabama the only one last week?

Seems like we're basically in the college preseason still.
MSU and Boise St. was the other one, but there were plenty of good matchups, as well. Marshall/WV, Clemson/Auburn and GaTech/VaTech were good matchups in theory, at least. Not much better than Week 2, but like someone else said, it seems like they just moved a couple of Week 2 or Week 3 matchups to Week 1.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #313
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,472

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
**** SoCal....I didn't realize Kansas State beat Miami 52-13.

I didn't see any of the game....is K-State that good, or is Miami that bad this season?
34 of the 44 guys in the two deep are freshman or sophomores so our guys, while talented, aren't physically ready and the game is still going too fast. I'm not going to blame our staff because I truly believe in this staff, esp our HC. Almost a third of the starting defense is true freshman. This is probably the youngest team in the entire country, especially on defense. There is zero pass rush from the DL. Like the Broncos from last decade, except worse. We just had a great class come in this year, but they are all forced into the fire immediately and that's just not going to work well in the short term. It's not realistic to expect good things.

Kansas State is a very good team. QB has a ton of grit and is a playmaker just like he was against us last season and they have some good weapons on both sides of the ball. A really well rounded and well coached team.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 09-08-2012 at 12:36 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #314
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Can we move this from the "General College Football" thread to the "Socal Gives Us A Play-by-Play of His Favorite Team" thread?

I mean, a comment or five about the game is cool, but seriously?
Don't like it don't open thread and read it
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #315
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,070
Default

Oooof....Virginia beats Penn State 17-16.

Penn State's kicker missed a FG that would have won the game and was 1 for 5 overall in the game.

Anthony Fera, their stud kicker from last season, transferred to Texas before the season.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #316
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
34 of the 44 guys in the two deep are freshman or sophomores so our guys, while talented, aren't physically ready and the game is still going too fast. I'm not going to blame our staff because I truly believe in this staff, esp our HC. Almost a third of the starting defense is true freshman. This is probably the youngest team in the entire country, especially on defense. There is zero pass rush from the DL. Like the Broncos from last decade, except worse. We just had a great class come in this year, but they are all forced into the fire immediately and that's just not going to work well in the short term. It's not realistic to expect good things.

Kansas State is a very good team. QB has a ton of grit and is a playmaker just like he was against us last season and they have some good weapons on both sides of the ball. A really well rounded and well coached team.
Thanks....I haven't followed Miami very closely this year, so I wasn't sure what kind of team they were fielding this season.

Al Golden is a good coach....they need to show him some patience and let him build his program.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #317
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,013
Default

I want Michigan to win but, the way AFA plays the option its amazing and fun to watch.

AFA has no answer for 16

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 09-08-2012 at 12:50 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #318
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Don't like it don't open thread and read it
As I explained, I opened the "General College Football" thread and found the "KSU-Miami Gameday Thread". If it had been titled such, I wouldn't have opened it.

But that game's over now and more crappy unimportant games are on, so it's a moot point.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #319
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Oooof....Virginia beats Penn State 17-16.

Penn State's kicker missed a FG that would have won the game and was 1 for 5 overall in the game.

Anthony Fera, their stud kicker from last season, transferred to Texas before the season.
And the missed PAT. Not like he missed really long ones either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #320
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Wow MetLife Stadium in New York is EMPTY (well half full) for USC/Cuse
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #321
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,472

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

It's still quite early in the game, but I'm surprised USC isn't completely rolling over the Cuse. Barkley almost got picked.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #322
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

USC has no FG kicker so 4/12th and they're going for it. I thought Kiffin was just being that arrogant.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #323
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
And the missed PAT. Not like he missed really long ones either.
It never ceases to amaze me how awful kicking is in the NCAA. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised, because it's so downplayed at the HS level. Just as you guys are typing this, the AF kicker misses an easy FG, then the defense gives up a long run. 7-0.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #324
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
It's still quite early in the game, but I'm surprised USC isn't completely rolling over the Cuse. Barkley almost got picked.
On the first drive, Cuse stuffed them on 4th down
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #325
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how awful kicking is in the NCAA. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised, because it's so downplayed at the HS level. Just as you guys are typing this, the AF kicker misses an easy FG, then the defense gives up a long run. 7-0.
Yeah, I just mentioned that USC's starting FG kicker is out and they don't have a reliable back up so going for it on 4th and 12 ha ha ha ha
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 PM.


Denver Broncos