The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #26
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Great news! Floyd's book is available now. Don't know if it's in book stores yet (Barnes & Noble, Tattered Cover, etc.,) but you can order it on Amazon.

Publisher moved up date to Aug. 10th from Sept 1.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/160...F8&me=&seller=

Follow me on Twitter @TheMoops44 for more info about Floyd's book and the latest book signing schedules.
The Moops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #27
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Floyd is doing a SECOND Denver Book Signing:

Promises to Keep Book Signing Event

October 17, 2012 at 7 pm

Barnes and Noble

8374 S Willow Street

Lone Tree, CO 80124

The FIRST signing will be Oct 15, 7:30 pm at Tatterec Book Cover in Denver.

Floyd may be doing another signing somewhere in Denver on the 16th ... Stay tuned.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #28
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moops View Post
Floyd is doing a SECOND Denver Book Signing:

Promises to Keep Book Signing Event

October 17, 2012 at 7 pm

Barnes and Noble

8374 S Willow Street

Lone Tree, CO 80124

The FIRST signing will be Oct 15, 7:30 pm at Tatterec Book Cover in Denver.

Floyd may be doing another signing somewhere in Denver on the 16th ... Stay tuned.
Glad to hear that local booksellers are supporting you and Floyd Tom!

Can't wait for the book to get here!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #29
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Let me know when you receive it, Steven.

Originally was supposed to ship Sept 1. But I hear it should get there a week earlier, maybe two!

http://amzn.to/Q8z4Mm
Old 08-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #30
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Those of you who ordered advanced copies on Amazon, you should have your book by now! Let me know what you all think.

Floyd is as CANDID as I've ever seen an athlete in a tell-all book!

http://amzn.to/SjR30G
Old 08-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #31
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I just got mine, I haven't had time to look it over yet but already it looks pretty deep and should have a ton more info on Floyd.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #32
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

In January 2012, Floyd Little received the prestigious Walter Camp Distinguished American Award.

The day before he received his award he spoke to a group of middle school kids in his hometown of New Haven, CT, at the newly named Floyd Litt
le Athletic Center: "You have to choose to better yourself because life is a challenge. So stay in school," was just one snippet of his inspiring speech.

Later that night he was asked to speak to an audience that included Andrew Luck, Hall of Famer Harry Carson and LSU coach Les Miles: "The world needs role models... we have all accomplished something great in our lives. But what purpose does that serve unless we can help someone else accomplish something in their lives? You are all game-changers. Now I challenge you to be life-changers. I know you have the power to make a difference in the community and in someone's life. But will you? That's the question."

For more on Floyd Little: Promises to Keep, visit https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...eepFloydLittle

And follow co-author Tom Mackie on Twitter @TheMoops44
Old 08-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #33
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

For those of you who have received your copy of Floyd Little: Promises to Keep .... let me know what you think?

Have not heard a review of the book yet by any media outlet. But I know it's coming! Truly a tell-all book!

Old 09-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #34
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Floyd's book: Promises to Keep should be in bookstores now!

Especially Denver and Syracuse-area bookstores.

Get the scoop in his tell-all book before the National Media chimes in...
Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #35
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

For an East-Coast Maner ... living in NY, NJ, PA, CT

Floyd Little is in the Big Apple for Saturday's Syracuse-USC game. He will be signing copies of his book at BOOKENDS, in Ridgewood, NJ (along with me) Friday, Sept 7th @ 7 pm

http://bit.ly/ORslkq
Old 09-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #36
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Tom, I checked the USPS site and saw that the book should have been delivered on 2:30pm this afternoon. Thanks for getting this signed for me, please also sign it yourself. I still rank meeting you at the HOF the day we got Floyd in one of the most fun days ever!

Go Broncos!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #37
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

The Moops, we need an update on the Little Sirius interview where he rips the Broncos during his HOF weekend.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #38
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I sent Tom an email, I hope he has time to fill us in. I didn't hear it.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #39
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Holy balls I heard him on Sirius this morning. If true the FO are a bunch of ungrateful a-holes.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #40
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I did not hear the Sirius interview but whatever Floyd said is true and then some.

Floyd goes on a tirade about the Broncos in the book about the team being "cheap." It's not what the Broncos pulled during his HOF weekend but a series of things they've done over the years.

When you read the book, you'll see ... and believe me, he toned it down. Floyd is angry about the way the Broncos have treated him and other former players, but more than anything else he's hurt!
Old 09-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #41
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
I did not hear the Sirius interview but whatever Floyd said is true and then some.

Floyd goes on a tirade about the Broncos in the book about the team being "cheap." It's not what the Broncos pulled during his HOF weekend but a series of things they've done over the years.

When you read the book, you'll see ... and believe me, he toned it down. Floyd is angry about the way the Broncos have treated him and other former players, but more than anything else he's hurt!
I remember reading in the 1st book that he had to stand in line for SB XII tickets with the rest of us. I could never figure out why they treated him like that. they couldn't send him a letter asking if he would like the option to buy a SB ticket?

He should have been a community liaison and used to reach out to the fan base and the NFL Community at large.

They brought Elway back, why not have Floyd back a couple times a year to promote the Broncos to us old fans or even have him talk to the media?

The sad thing is that if this is how they treat "The Franchise" then guys like Upchurch, Odoms, Gradishar, Wright, and Thompson have no chance or support at all.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #42
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

Floyd goes on a tirade about the Broncos in the book about the team being "cheap." It's not what the Broncos pulled during his HOF weekend but a series of things they've done over the years. !
I'm shocked......shocked I tell you.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #43
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm meeting Floyd in an hour at our book signing in NJ tonite ...

www.book-ends.com

I'll let you know his reaction to all this!

http://www.amazon.com/Promises-Keep-...omises+to+keep
Old 09-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #44
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
I'm meeting Floyd in an hour at our book signing in NJ tonite ...

www.book-ends.com

I'll let you know his reaction to all this!

http://www.amazon.com/Promises-Keep-...omises+to+keep
Tell him we wish he was working with or representing the Broncos in some sort of way.

He deserves better.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #45
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Tonite's signing at Bookends in Ridgewood NJ was awesome. Great turnout. Just goes to show you that Floyd's got fans all over, not just Syracuse and Colorado.

I think saying what he said on Sirius today (and obviously in the book) was very cathartic for Floyd. He has been holding his feelings in about the Broncos for a long time. He was tired from doing day-long interviews but truly pumped up by the fans who came out to see him tonite.

When you read the book, you'll see that the Broncos cheapness at his Hall of Fame tent party was NOT an isolated incident. He mentions several instances over the years of nickel & diming.

Truth is, there are more shockers in the book beyond the Broncos and how they treat former players. Floyd talks very candidly about other things especially about someone who is HUGE in the media.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #46
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Well, I hope the Broncos get a whiff of this and start doing something better even if it is just to make themselves better (I wish it was because they truelly care). How has Jim Sacamano been towards Little? He has been part of the organization for such a long time and was part of the media **** long ago.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:56 AM   #47
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Jimbo has always supported Floyd and was a great help to me over the years in my Hof campaign for Floyd. He speaks glowingly about Saccomano in the book. But Sacco has always been a company man and will no doubt have to spin it for the Broncos.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #48
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Great news! Floyd's book is available now. Don't know if it's in book stores yet (Barnes & Noble, Tattered Cover, etc.,) but you can order it on Amazon.

Publisher moved up date to Aug. 10th from Sept 1.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/160...F8&me=&seller=

Follow me on Twitter @TheMoops44 for more info about Floyd's book and the latest book signing schedules.
It took me awhile to get my copy, Tom went above and beyond to sort it out (Thanks again Tom!) and by then I was in the middle of another book so I regret that it has taken me so long to read Tom's new book with Floyd.

I highly recommend all Bronco fans read this book. You don't have to be an old timer or have seen Floyd to get something out of this book.

If you have their 1st book "Tales from the Bronco sideline" you will be one of only 5,000. I didn't realize the publisher went out of business and only printed 5,000 copies. I knew the publisher did Tales from the sidelines from a bunch of other teams and figured at the time they were solvent and the book would be on the market for much longer than it was. They weren't and because of that Tom reprinted a lot of the same stories in "Promises". This isn't a bad thing because the stories seem better this time around, the 1st book was more of a 2 page chapter type book of ancdotes(sp?) whereas "Promises to Keep" flows more like a novel. Not a knock on "Tales" I love anything regarding Floyd that I can get my hands on and there has been a long dearth of info about Floyd for decades. Kudos to Tom for making "Promises" better!

There is also a lot of updated and more in-depth content making it worth the price alone. At the time "Tales" was written Floyd had not yet been nominated for the HOF there is a lot of back story about what Tom did to get Floyd on the Senior's Ballot and how he was able to prove to the voters why Floyds accomplishments should be measured on the merits of Floyd's time and not today. The fact that Tom was able to prove the rule change moving the hash marks toward mid-field exponentially increased the number of 1,000 yard rushers literally over one season was probably the thing that got Floyd into the hall. Plus Tom was able to show that the other RB's didn't have Floyd's Passing or Return stats, Floyd was a complete player and the way Tom presented it only 2 idiots could not see it. One of those idiot was Peter King. You have to read this book just for the look you get behind the curtain at the machinations of how people get into the HOF.

If you haven't bought the book because of a thread here about Floyd being mad that Bowlen didn't pick up the tab for the tent at the HOF you are doing yourself a disservice. Tom and Floyd present the facts, they do not wallow in it or draw it out as much as they could have. Plus it is only a few paragraphs in a much larger chapter of a much larger book. I was at the HOF and I thought the size of Floyd's tent was a slap in the face to me as a Bronco fan. You could tell which owners cared that a member of their franchise went into the Hall. The fact that Bowlen didn't bother to fly out and be there when a player from his franchise (who at the time only 2 other Broncos were in the hall) pissed me off, this wasn't mentioned in the book, I thought if Tom and Floyd wanted to go full on Tell-all bitter they could have attacked more but they didn't. The facts were presented, Floyd admitted to being hurt and they moved on.

They moved on to a great chapter of self help advice and motivation that alone was worth buying the book. Floyd now works for Syracuse mentoring student athletes and his tips for setting and achieving goals are as good as any other sports or business self help book I have read. I have Shanny's book "Think like a Champion", "Game plans for Success", "Finding the Winning Edge", a bunch of Covey books, "Getting things done" etc and Floyd's Pillars are as good or better than anything found in anything I have read. His pillars were very motivating and I am going to make my 9 year old read that chapter and find ways to apply them to her life.

Plus you also get Floyd's HOF speech!

I admit to being a fan of Floyd Little, without him the Bronco's I watched as a kid would have been totally devoid of heart and I doubt I stay a Bronco fan after my family moved away from Denver in 1976. That said this book is essential History of the Denver Broncos and a must have for any true fan. You cannot get "Tales from the Broncos Sideline" anymore. I am not sure how many copies of "Promises to Keep" were printed. I would not take the fact that we Bronco fans have a book about a turning point of our history for granted. Do not assume that this will be around forever. Show your support of those that laid the foundation for the great team and glorious triumphs we have experienced over the years. Experience the insight of how players are nominated and elected to HOF and what they experience during the induction weekend!

The argument has been made here at the Mane that the Phipps kept Denver in town, not the man they call "the Franchise". The fact is that the Phipps's did not play a down, they did not return punts for TD's, win games on improbable pass plays, retire as the 7th ALL TIME rush yards leader, talk about the all time AFL and NFL greats, explain what it was like to play against Dick Butkus, break Ernie Davis and Jim Brown's records at Syracuse, play in a game known as the "half a loaf game", or be enshrined in the Pro Football HOF. When and if the Phipps ever do write a book I will buy it and read it but right now we have a gem of a book that every Bronco fan needs to read if not buy.

Do yourself a favor, give the book a chance and read it.

Plus the holiday's are coming, this would make a great gift for anyone who calls themselves a Bronco fan or needs a little motivation.

READ THIS BOOK!