The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 09:36 PM   #351
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Palmer isn't struggling? What do you call completing less than fifty nine percent your passes throwing four picks and zero touchdowns is called?

Even the "nations" own fishwrap is calling him out

Carson Palmer: Ready or Not for 2012?

http://raidernationtimes.com/article.php?id=9185
That is par for the course in Raiderland. Palmer is living up to the legends of Mark Wilson, Jay Schraedor, Vince Evans and Marcus Russell
Old 09-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #352
Bacillus Anthracis

Quote:
Palmer isn't struggling? What do you call completing less than fifty nine percent your passes throwing four picks and zero touchdowns is called?

Even the "nations" own fishwrap is calling him out

Carson Palmer: Ready or Not for 2012?

http://raidernationtimes.com/article.php?id=9185
I think it's preseason boredom--something to write about. Knapp has really focused on the passing game this preseason rather than the running game because our starting run game has been good.

Against Detroit Palmer went 17-26 in the first half. Extrapolate that to a full game and you'd get 52 pass attempts. There's no way we're throwing the ball that much in the regular season. IOW, in no game has the coaching staff fully played to our strengths (on offense).

It's not that I don't think that things can go seriously wrong. They can. It's just that we'll have to wait and see because nobody knows how it's going to go.

I've been a fan of the Raiders for 37 years. And because Al Davis was the owner that entire time, I always knew my team. Always. But now it's different and anyone saying they know this current Raider team is FOS.

If I had to bet money I'd say the offense will put up average to a little below average point totals. They won't be the worst but they sure won't be near the top either. That's probably the best and most honest assessment of them.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #353
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Joselio Hanson suspended for four games

ALAMEDA, Calif. — The Oakland Raiders completed their offseason overhaul of the cornerback unit Monday by signing recently released Joselio Hanson and cutting 2011 third-round pick DeMarcus Van Dyke.

Hanson had been released last week by Philadelphia after spending six seasons as the Eagles’ nickel cornerback, where he excelled playing in the slot

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #354
Fight_On!

Quote:

ALAMEDA, Calif. — The Oakland Raiders completed their offseason overhaul of the cornerback unit Monday by signing recently released Joselio Hanson and cutting 2011 third-round pick DeMarcus Van Dyke.

Hanson had been released last week by Philadelphia after spending six seasons as the Eagles’ nickel cornerback, where he excelled playing in the slot

Ya, there is a thread on this. Your a day late and a dollar short.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #355
Maximus
The Razor!

Public Enemy #1

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
As expected, punt returner Roscoe Parrish, who was cut by the Chargers on Monday and quickly signed by the Raiders, was cut after he fumbled two punts Thursday at Seattle.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...own-analysis-2

You won't find this youngster to be very funny... Yup another Denarious Moore!!

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #356
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Really excited to see Palmer continue his trend of being intercepted all the time.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #357
Fight_On!

I get a kick out of seeing Denver still struggling with defending the run.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #358
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
I get a kick out of seeing Denver still struggling with defending the run.
Considering we haven't played a meaningful game in 9 months and our first team defense has owned each opponent this preseason, I'm not sure where you are getting the "still struggling with defending the run" comment from.

Then again, you're a Raiders fan and a USC fan, so logic probably has never been your strong suit.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #359
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Considering we haven't played a meaningful game in 9 months and our first team defense has owned each opponent this preseason, I'm not sure where you are getting the "still struggling with defending the run" comment from.

Then again, you're a Raiders fan and a USC fan, so logic probably has never been your strong suit.
Well I guess the same "logic" could be applied with the Raiders as their D has been VERY stout against the run and the DL has dominated the OL in run or passing situations during the PS. If you want to go by that "logic", then the Raiders will shut down the run and make Denver on dimensional. Again, going by PS as legit "logic".
Old 09-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #360
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Well I guess the same "logic" could be applied with the Raiders as their D has been VERY stout against the run and the DL has dominated the OL in run or passing situations during the PS. If you want to go by that "logic", then the Raiders will shut down the run and make Denver on dimensional. Again, going by PS as legit "logic".
Oakland lost a significant amount of talent as compared to last year and added a comparatively smaller amount. I think they will have a tough time this year.

I wouldn't be shocked if Oakland had success against us in terms of run defense, although its still speculative at this point. We're a pass first team anyway, so if you can't stop that, there will be no reason to run the ball.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #361
Fight_On!

Quote:
Oakland lost a significant amount of talent as compared to last year and added a comparatively smaller amount. I think they will have a tough time this year.

I wouldn't be shocked if Oakland had success against us in terms of run defense, although its still speculative at this point. We're a pass first team anyway, so if you can't stop that, there will be no reason to run the ball.
Well, I am just going by your logic of using the PS as a gauge. In every PS the Raiders starting DL has pretty much annihilated very OL it faced.

Here is what I say, from the games I have watched last and this year from the Broncos, I noticed a continuing trend that the D will make some stops vs the run then give up big chunks of yardage. DMAC flourishes vs these types of D's.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #362
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I have to give DMAC some props. He remains the only future NFL player to appear in Nintendo's 1980s hit video game:Mike Tyson Punch-Out .

This was before he got a really nice tan, ofcourse.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #363
Fight_On!

Quote:
I have to give DMAC some props. He remains the only future NFL player to appear in Nintendo's 1980s hit video game:Mike Tyson Punch-Out .

This was before he got a really nice tan, ofcourse.
I see you had nothing else to add,
Old 09-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #364
Raider Bill

Quote:

What's so funny? Hansen "excelled playing in the slot". He basically got caught up in a numbers game. The Eagles kept 11 Defensive Lineman and Boykin returns punts and plays gunner on special teams. Hansen is a solid nickel guy.

Boykin was a first round talent that fell because of a history of concussions and he broke his leg in the senior bowl.

But hey, dont let the facts get in the way of some weak "smaque" talk.

Last edited by Raider Bill; 09-04-2012 at 06:29 AM..
Raider Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #365
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Bill View Post
What's so funny? Hansen "excelled playing in the slot". He basically got caught up in a numbers game. The Eagles kept 11 Defensive Lineman and Boykin returns punts and plays gunner on special teams. Hansen is a solid nickel guy.

Boykin was a first round talent that fell because of a history of concussions and he broke his leg in the senior bowl.

But hey, dont let the facts get in the way of some weak "smaque" talk.

"Solid nickle guys" don't get released. Not to mention the remaining corners are a joke, both on the wrong side of 30 both released by their former teams, neither could start anywhere else in the NFL.

As per Gary Horton of Scouts Inc has to say on the subject..

Quote:
The projected starters who have been brought in: guard Mike Brisiel and cornerbacks Ron Bartell and Shawntae Spencer.

“You look who has come and who has gone, and it’s scary,” Horton said. “I like Mike Brisiel. He will help. But the two cornerbacks are just guys. They are not starters for a good team. The defense needs improvement and I don’t see it. All I see is the loss of talent. Where is the coverage coming from? Where is the pass-rush coming from?”

I hope the "facts" don't get in the way of your rebuttal...

Old 09-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #366
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Ya, there is a thread on this. Your a day late and a dollar short.

The raiders were 22 million dollars short before they had to cut half their team due to the salary cap purge, and a decade short since they last had a winning season.

Since 2002 the oakland raiders and the Cleveland Browns have won the same number of games.....56.....

Just Win!.......maybe?
Old 09-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #367
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

NFL Power Rankings

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

Denver Broncos - 13
San Diego Chargers -15
Kansas City Chiefs - 17

oakland raiders -26

Last edited by Bronco Rob; 09-04-2012 at 10:51 AM..
Old 09-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #368
Raider Bill

Quote:
"Solid nickle guys" don't get released. Not to mention the remaining corners are a joke, both on the wrong side of 30 both released by their former teams, neither could start anywhere else in the NFL.

As per Gary Horton of Scouts Inc has to say on the subject..

I hope the "facts" don't get in the way of your rebuttal...

The friggin article the guy posted said Hanson "Excelled in the slot". He was a supprise cut to most Philadelphia fans, they were happy he slipped through waivers last season, as he was their best slot guy.

Great, you give one guys opinion who couldnt hook on with an actual NFL club. Reggie McKenzie has been identifying cheap talent for the last 18 years in GB. Bartell and Spencer are both on 1 year deals coming off of injuries so it's not like they are in the succession plan at CB, just a stop gap measure until we get the cap back in order and some draft picks in hand.

As far as the pass rush, they are going to have to send guys, but with Kelly and Seymour getting push right up the middle, it shortens the corner for Shaunessy and Houston (the most held DL in the league last year). Phillip Wheeler looks like a good blitzer something he never was asked to do in that dopey Tampa 2, and should mitagate the loss of Wimbley somewhat.

Hell just getting rid of Corkey Breshnahan at d coordinator should be good for half a dozen spots in the standings.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #369
Raider Bill

Quote:
NFL Power Rankings

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

Denver Broncos - 13
San Diego Chargers -15
Kansas City Chiefs - 17

oakland raiders -26

Is this the BCS? Who friggin cares?
Old 09-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #370
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Bill View Post
The friggin article the guy posted said Hanson "Excelled in the slot". He was a supprise cut to most Philadelphia fans, they were happy he slipped through waivers last season, as he was their best slot guy.

Great, you give one guys opinion who couldnt hook on with an actual NFL club. Reggie McKenzie has been identifying cheap talent for the last 18 years in GB. Bartell and Spencer are both on 1 year deals coming off of injuries so it's not like they are in the succession plan at CB, just a stop gap measure until we get the cap back in order and some draft picks in hand.

As far as the pass rush, they are going to have to send guys, but with Kelly and Seymour getting push right up the middle, it shortens the corner for Shaunessy and Houston (the most held DL in the league last year). Phillip Wheeler looks like a good blitzer something he never was asked to do in that dopey Tampa 2, and should mitagate the loss of Wimbley somewhat.

Hell just getting rid of Corkey Breshnahan at d coordinator should be good for half a dozen spots in the standings.

"Excelled in the slot" Liberal use of hyperbole when you consider the other two corners were Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

Reggie did a great job watching Ron Wolfe and Ted Thompson do their jobs. I don't remember the Packers being 22 million over the cap with no draft picks until number ninety five. Rookie GM with a rookie coach that has zero head coaching experience at any level....What could go wrong?

Old 09-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #371
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

This just in, Carson Palmer threw another interception. Their third team offense did well, though, so Raider fans are still excited about their high powered offense.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #372
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #373
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

The Carson Palmer Cornhole Classic!
"Because I love a good Cornhole"
-Carson Palmer
Current Raiders QB

Old 09-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #374
Bacillus Anthracis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This just in, Carson Palmer threw another interception. Their third team offense did well, though, so Raider fans are still excited about their high powered offense.
No one's excited about the 3rd team offense. The first team offense looked decent enough against Detroit and that's all that mattered. And even then our pass to run ratio was nothing like what it's going to be in the regular season. But Detroit actually gameplanned for that game as did we. This was unlike your dress rehearsal where SF kept out 3 defensive starters and didn't gameplan.

We'll see what happens when the real games start. All this is just **** talk in the meantime.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #375
Raider Bill

Hyperbole my ass. Slot corner may as well be a different position. Neither of those guys played the slot. I live in the Philly area and am subjected to Eagles games every week....Hanson got lit up by Wes Welker but so did half the league. He is a solid slot corner. If not for Boykin playing so well they would have kept him.

Hanson represented an upgrade so they picked him up. McKenzie was scouting him earlier in the preseason

From Adam Brandt's twitter

Quote:
Raiders sign Joselio Hanson, per @caplannfl. Remember watching Eagles film w/Reggie McKenzie and how he liked Hanson.
as far as McKenzie goes

Quote:
According to the Packers,

"McKenzie oversees Green Bay’s scouting efforts of all professional football leagues, including the NFL, CFL and Arena Football League, as well as all other pro leagues and international players. He also plays an integral role in judging the Packers’ current players and evaluating potential free agents across the league. McKenzie is heavily involved in all of the team’s moves on a daily basis, including all tryouts and transactions."
McKenzie was pretty dialed in to current players. I will trust his judgement over some guy who cant even hook on with a team so he spends his time second guessing from the sidelines.

Let's see what Ron Wolf has to say

Quote:
Reggie's a tremendous evaluator," Wolf told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "He can tell you who can play and who can't play. That's what it's all about. Some can write reports but can't tell you who can play. Whatever that is, he has that. He has a feel."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article...#ixzz25WmGN0Fj

What exactly are horseface Elway's credentials again?