The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #3701
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew has ended his 38-day holdout -- without a new contract.
All those morons pissing and moaning about him coming here are going to be heart broken.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #3702
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
All those morons pissing and moaning about him coming here are going to be heart broken.

Shanahan's behind this - I just know it!
Old 09-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #3703
lolcopter

Quote:
Not really, by you'd have to be a moron to not want a top 5 RB added to the roster

Oh wait, let's add some TEs who just got cut instead
Old 09-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #3704
IA-Broncosfan53
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

ProFootballTalk just tweeted Ryan Harris was signed today by the Texans to their active roster. Kubiak sure loves his ex-Bronco has beens. I wonder if they regret parting ways with Eric Winston?
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #3705
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Not really, by you'd have to be a moron to not want a top 5 RB added to the roster

Oh wait, let's add some TEs who just got cut instead
This is counter productive IMO. Once again this is a passing league and while he would give us the ability to run so does mc gahee, and our other RBs.
Read this the other day and it made more sense than anything else comparison of number of carries between him and TD.

Quote:
So you're looking at around $20M or more in guarantees, plus a high draft choice, all for a 27-year-old back with 1,762 touches on his tires. If you're wondering, Terrell Davis logged 1,824 touches in his entire career.
Not even mention what JAC would get in return.. Way to much to pay for a guy that has that many miles on his legs and knees..

But then if your a democratic spending someone elses money comes easy for y'all.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...or-the-broncos
Old 09-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #3706
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA-Broncosfan53 View Post
ProFootballTalk just tweeted Ryan Harris was signed today by the Texans to their active roster. Kubiak sure loves his ex-Bronco has beens. I wonder if they regret parting ways with Eric Winston?
Your were correct HAS BEEN. If it was not for the ZBS he would have been a never was..
Old 09-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #3707
lolcopter

Quote:

But then if your a democratic spending someone elses money comes easy for y'all.
wtf are you talking about
Old 09-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #3708
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We should get a new one for this season. This thread is a beast.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #3709
swaiy

Here comes the politics... Smh.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #3710
menonite

The Whigs shall rise again!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #3711
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
We should get a new one for this season. This thread is a beast.
Started on my 24th birthday... I'm almost 28.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #3712
Jetland

Quote:
This is counter productive IMO. Once again this is a passing league and while he would give us the ability to run so does mc gahee, and our other RBs.
Read this the other day and it made more sense than anything else comparison of number of carries between him and TD.

Not even mention what JAC would get in return.. Way to much to pay for a guy that has that many miles on his legs and knees..

I would like to second the what the hell are you talking about?
Old 09-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #3713
Bmore Manning

Chicago cut Brian Price..
Old 09-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #3714
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Chicago cut Brian Price..
I didn't even know he was traded from the Bucs. What a bust.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #3715
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I didn't even know he was traded from the Bucs. What a bust.
May want to cut him a little bit of slack. I wouldn't claim him, and he hasn't been an all-star or anything but I feel bad for him personally:

From Rotoworld:

Bears waived DT Brian Price.
Per FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, Price's release is due in part to his struggle to "get past the recent passing of his sister." Price's sister was killed in a May automobile accident. Acquired from the Bucs in July, Price is just two years removed from being a second-round pick. He drew the ire of former coach Raheem Morris during the Bucs' embarrassing 2011 collapse, however, and wasn't a fit for hard-nosed rookie coach Greg Schiano. It's an ominous sign that Bears defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli couldn't turn Price around, either. He'll surely resurface, but time away from the game might do Price well.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #3716
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
May want to cut him a little bit of slack. I wouldn't claim him, and he hasn't been an all-star or anything but I feel bad for him personally:

From Rotoworld:

Bears waived DT Brian Price.
Per FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, Price's release is due in part to his struggle to "get past the recent passing of his sister." Price's sister was killed in a May automobile accident. Acquired from the Bucs in July, Price is just two years removed from being a second-round pick. He drew the ire of former coach Raheem Morris during the Bucs' embarrassing 2011 collapse, however, and wasn't a fit for hard-nosed rookie coach Greg Schiano. It's an ominous sign that Bears defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli couldn't turn Price around, either. He'll surely resurface, but time away from the game might do Price well.
He had leg and head injuries too. I'm just saying for a guy that was a 2nd round steal, he looks the part of a bust.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #3717
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He had leg and head injuries too. I'm just saying for a guy that was a 2nd round steal, he looks the part of a bust.
Yeah I know what you're saying. With guys like this, if he ever gets healthy, and is given another chance, he may be able to turn it on.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #3718
Bmore Manning

Price has had some unfortunate bad luck and tragic events plague his young career.. I would sign him to the practice squad.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #3719
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Price has had some unfortunate bad luck and tragic events plague his young career.. I would sign him to the practice squad.
If he would go for it I would agree but, I doubt he would.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #3720
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

A couple of nice articles on Russell Wilson:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...for-greatness/

Russell Wilson aims for greatness

http://seattle.sbnation.com/2012/9/2...eld-work-ethic

Russell Wilson Looks To Emulate Peyton Manning's Off Field Work Ethic

When you're looking to become a (successful) outlier - as 5'10 5/8" Russell Wilson would be as a quarterback in the NFL - work ethic and study habits become extremely important. It's clear that athletic prowess alone probably cannot make the difference for Wilson, who will try and become the only sub-six-foot quarterback in the NFL's current era that achieves sustained success. There have been a six-footer here and there that breaks the mold - Michael Vick and his transcendent and unequaled athleticism and ridiculously strong arm, and Drew Brees with his masterful footwork in the pocket to go with his elite accuracy. Wilson isn't hoping his physical ability alone can help him break the "NFL QB" mold. He's hoping an uncommon, unrivaled work ethic can.

Per Dan Pompei's NFP Sunday Blitz column, Pompei notes that "Russell Wilson was not handed the Seahawks starting job. I'm told in July he often was the only football person at the Seahawks facility, as he showed up every day at 6:30 a.m. to watch tape. Wilson has a little Peyton Manning in him. In fact, he consulted with Manning before the draft, as well as Eli Manning, Drew Brees and Philip Rivers. Wilson also visited with Colts quarterback coach Clyde Christensen, who previously coached Peyton Manning. Christensen shared Peyton's notes with Wilson, and they were similar to the kind of notes Wilson takes. Wilson keeps a diary of every practice on an Excel worksheet."

This goes right along with something that Pete Carroll said back in July when he said that Wilson was 'outworking everyone in the program.' Wilson will need to know every opposing defense's weakness, their starters and backups, their strategic tendencies based on personnel groups, their bad habits, and their strengths. Not only that, he tracks his own play very closely, tweaking and improving and setting new goals to eliminate mistakes. He's a worker.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #3721
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:

He has less than 1500 carries, he has only 3 years with more than 200 carries.

Mcgahee has 1800 carries and 5 years with over 200 carries, Adrian Peterson has 1400 carries and 5 years over 200 carries, Chris Johnson has 1200 carries and 4 years over 200 carries, Frank Gore 1650 carries and 6 years over 200 carries.

Jones-Drew has more treads on his tires than most good or great RBs in the league currently, he hasn't had any significant injuries in the last 3 years despite being the bellcow.

If we apply the same logic that Mr. Douglas Lee is using to argue against MJD, we should never have gotten Manning - no QB has won a super bowl after switching teams in his mid 30s, most super bowls are won by QBs in the their 30s and by QBs who are with their first NFL team. The 20 million per year for a player who has missed an entire season of football is just too much money compared to how little we had to pay Tebow. Tebow would be cheaper and we should surely give him a chance to show what he can do, the same way Ronnie Hillman now deserves a chance.

20 million in guarantees, seems reasonable to me if he can play for another 3 seasons that is less than 7 million per year in guarantees plus some salary for one of, if not the best RB in the league - being elite costs money. For ****s and giggles we are paying Champ Bailey more than 10 million per year despite his age and recent injuries, elite talent is worth the money.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:06 AM   #3722
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
He has less than 1500 carries, he has only 3 years with more than 200 carries.

Mcgahee has 1800 carries and 5 years with over 200 carries, Adrian Peterson has 1400 carries and 5 years over 200 carries, Chris Johnson has 1200 carries and 4 years over 200 carries, Frank Gore 1650 carries and 6 years over 200 carries.

Jones-Drew has more treads on his tires than most good or great RBs in the league currently, he hasn't had any significant injuries in the last 3 years despite being the bellcow.

If we apply the same logic that Mr. Douglas Lee is using to argue against MJD, we should never have gotten Manning - no QB has won a super bowl after switching teams in his mid 30s, most super bowls are won by QBs in the their 30s and by QBs who are with their first NFL team. The 20 million per year for a player who has missed an entire season of football is just too much money compared to how little we had to pay Tebow. Tebow would be cheaper and we should surely give him a chance to show what he can do, the same way Ronnie Hillman now deserves a chance.

20 million in guarantees, seems reasonable to me if he can play for another 3 seasons that is less than 7 million per year in guarantees plus some salary for one of, if not the best RB in the league - being elite costs money. For ****s and giggles we are paying Champ Bailey more than 10 million per year despite his age and recent injuries, elite talent is worth the money.
He is a 27 year old IIRC running back with loads of hits on him. Which means if you use the average for RBs he is over his career life right about now as well as there are very few RBs over 30. Which is about the time they have lost a step ..

As for Mc Gahee he had some time off during his career and was not used much when he was on a team..

I just do not see the LONG term value of spending that kind of money on a short term RB that would be going to a HOF QB passing team.

The RBs we have will be more than willing or able to mop up after PM gets them a lead. No need to spend huge money on a Ferrari when all you need is a Mustang GT.

If you really want to know I do not believe any player is worth that kind of money and I would not have went after PM but since he is here well no sense in kicking him out the back door.

That said I'd never pay that much for a RB with load sof miles on him.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:12 AM   #3723
Bacchus

He is back with the Wads timeto let it go.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #3724
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

MIAMI -- Quarterback David Garrard has been released by the Miami Dolphins, leaving Matt Moore as the veteran backup to rookie starter Ryan Tannehill.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #3725
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
MIAMI -- Quarterback David Garrard has been released by the Miami Dolphins, leaving Matt Moore as the veteran backup to rookie starter Ryan Tannehill.
In b4 "Bring him in!"
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote