The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Von Millerís ceiling is being the very best defensive player in the NFL and a Hall of Famer.

Quote:
What is Millerís ceiling? How good can he become? I asked Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. whether he thinks Miller can become the gameís next well-rounded star at linebacker. His response was eye-popping. Williamson has been in NFL buildings. He knows scouting. He does not major in hyperbole. Iíve always found his analysis of players to be level-headed and without nonsense.

So when Williamson said ďMillerís ceiling is being the very best defensive player in the NFL and a Hall of Famer,Ē I didnít take it lightly.

The Broncosí coaches love that Miller feels the urgent need to become a complete player. They know they have a star on their hands. They love that Miller doesnít act like one.

ďVon Miller is a young player with a lot of talent that is only scratching the surface right now,Ē new Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio said. ďHe could be phenomenal; he just needs to continue to work.Ē

Added Fox: ďThe sky really is the limit. He can be as good as he wants to be, and Von wants to be really good.Ē

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...illers-ceiling

Glad that Von isn't content on being a "one trick pony" ala derrick thomas. Instead he's working hard to become a complete player one worthy of comparison to Lawrence Taylor.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Mike Croel, Denver LB, 1991: 84 tackles, 10 sacks
Von Miller, Denver LB, 2011: 51 tackles, 11.5 sacks

Great rookie season, but your career is just beginning, Mr. Miller -- still a lot for you to learn....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
nyuk nyuk

It goes without saying that barring injury, I think he's headed for the HOF.

Nice pic I got of him during the game against the 69ers --

Attitude!

Old 09-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
It goes without saying that barring injury, I think he's headed for the HOF.

Nice pic I got of him during the game against the 69ers --

Attitude!

Read post #2. Holy crapola ! SOme of you are freaks. Have any of you heard one hit wonders? Or how about players that spring right from the beginning and then have average to good careers and never will ever be thought of as a HOF? I love Von but I don't belittle the actual HOFers or guys that have played 5 years in the NFL. Patience grasshopper.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I love Von, but for me, I already expect him to play great week in and week out. It's kind of like Champ - you just expect it.

I really want to see the d-line explode this year, that's our key to going deeper than one game in the playoffs.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I expect Von to challenge the season record for most sacks at some point in his career, his arsenal of moves combined with his athletic ability will overwhelm a lot of players. A coaching staff dedicated to putting him in good situations and his own desire to be the best will put him over the top.

I love that he spend time this offseason with a number of top pass rushers working on moves and getting tips for how to attack different people and situations.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I expect 30 sacks from VonDoom this year.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

unless we're blitzing alot or are playing with a big lead 10-15 is what I expect from miller
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #9
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

It is about time that OCs start doubling up on the blockers for him hemwillmstill get sacks but doubt he will,lead the league until we get a couple more top flight Dl players that are not one year rentals.

I like what I see from him lets hope he does not go the Ashely, poorti$$$$ route and get A big head and demand a new contract ..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #10
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
It is about time that OCs start doubling up on the blockers for him hemwillmstill get sacks but doubt he will,lead the league until we get a couple more top flight Dl players that are not one year rentals.

I like what I see from him lets hope he does not go the Ashely, poorti$$$$ route and get A big head and demand a new contract ..
Lelie should have fired his agent after that stupid move but Ashley thought he was better than he really was and the Broncos knew it. If he stuck around, he would have been known as a Bronco for life, commercials, possible staff job with the team, etc. Now, he was a journey man and no one would claim him except Hawaii, his school. Reality check. You think you are a #1 and then you leave and you are no better than a #3.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Lelie should have fired his agent after that stupid move but Ashley thought he was better than he really was and the Broncos knew it. If he stuck around, he would have been known as a Bronco for life, commercials, possible staff job with the team, etc. Now, he was a journey man and no one would claim him except Hawaii, his school. Reality check. You think you are a #1 and then you leave and you are no better than a #3.
Made some great catches almost all if them out of bounds or in the end zone where he could not be tackled.
I think he was afraid of getting hit. Being from the old WAC he was a man amount boys no cb could cover him and he was fast enough no one caught him..

But then everyone in the NFL was as good as he was
Ask him to go over the middle he had alligator arms. What a waste of a DAFT choice.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #12
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Made some great catches almost all if them out of bounds or in the end zone where he could not be tackled.
I think he was afraid of getting hit. Being from the old WAC he was a man amount boys no cb could cover him and he was fast enough no one caught him..

But then everyone in the NFL was as good as he was
Ask him to go over the middle he had alligator arms. What a waste of a DAFT choice.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #13
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I expect 30 sacks from VonDoom this year.
I expect a lot more turnovers and interceptions because of VonDoom.

Peyton Manning with a short field
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #14
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
I never understood Lelie's butt-hurtedness over bringing Walker in.

What a baby.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #15
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
I never understood Lelie's butt-hurtedness over bringing Walker in.

What a baby.
Love to have someone interview him now on if he had any regrets. He was a #2 guy when Walker came in but decided to leave for being, as you say, butthurt and then quickly found out in Atlanta and SF that he was only worth a #3 or #4 at those places. I don't think he was even as closely as bad as Lonestar wants to make him but he had it good here. I really think it would have been nice to have Walker and Lelie playing a few years together.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #16
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Mike Croel, Denver LB, 1991: 84 tackles, 10 sacks
Von Miller, Denver LB, 2011: 51 tackles, 11.5 sacks

Great rookie season, but your career is just beginning, Mr. Miller -- still a lot for you to learn....

What is Millerís ceiling? How good can he become? I asked Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. whether he thinks Miller can become the gameís next well-rounded star at linebacker. His response was eye-popping. Williamson has been in NFL buildings. He knows scouting. He does not major in hyperbole. Iíve always found his analysis of players to be level-headed and without nonsense.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #17
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post

OMG Rob! Did you call Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc.? Seems you did with your post. Why don't you put the link again so we all know this is from the blog and not your opinion.
ORRRRRRR, why don't you actually put your opinion in the post instead of doing the cut n paste variety. You actually came back to this thread to answer a poster's question from not yourself but a blurb from the linked article. OMG! Seriously, try doing something different. It might help. At least link the article again as it isn't an original thought by you. Then again, is there ever when starting a thread (and now just posting in it). What a bot.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #18
Jay3

Von Miller's ceiling is becoming a being of pure energy, a blue and orange giant bestriding the field and vaporizing quarterbacks with atomic energy blasts from his fingertips.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #19
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Von Miller's ceiling is becoming a being of pure energy, a blue and orange giant bestriding the field and vaporizing quarterbacks with atomic energy blasts from his fingertips.

"I am become death, the destroyer of quarterbacks."

Last edited by BowlenBall; 09-01-2012 at 11:16 PM..
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:15 AM   #20
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
OMG Rob! Did you call Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc.? Seems you did with your post. Why don't you put the link again so we all know this is from the blog and not your opinion.
ORRRRRRR, why don't you actually put your opinion in the post instead of doing the cut n paste variety. You actually came back to this thread to answer a poster's question from not yourself but a blurb from the linked article. OMG! Seriously, try doing something different. It might help. At least link the article again as it isn't an original thought by you. Then again, is there ever when starting a thread (and now just posting in it). What a bot.

I humbly apologize for your inability to differentiate.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #21
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...illers-ceiling

Glad that Von isn't content on being a "one trick pony" ala derrick thomas. Instead he's working hard to become a complete player one worthy of comparison to Lawrence Taylor.

I'll gladly take a Derrick Thomas type career.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #22
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Without the untimely death.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #23
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Or the litter of illegitimate crotchfruit.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #24
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I'll gladly take a Derrick Thomas type career.

RUSH DEFENSE: A-minus ó Von Miller's leap forward in this area could transform the unit; he carried over a strong preseason by continuing to shake off blockers and push ball carriers wide, setting defensive backs up for tackles. The improvement from January was palpable; after allowing Isaac Redman to run for 121 yards in the wild-card duel eight months ago, Denver held Steelers running backs to 68 yards on 22 carries Sunday.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ncos/notes.htm

Von will be a asset rather than a liability in the run game as the aforementioned player was for his entire career.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #25
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ncos/notes.htm

Von will be a asset rather than a liability in the run game as the aforementioned player was for his entire career.

Why do you think Derrick Thomas was a run liability? I grew up watching that era of games and always recognized his skill as a pass-rusher, but never noticed him as being a liability in the running game.. I'd never heard that before.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote