The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Fantasy Football Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #51
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik View Post
That is a very good observation. Not by coincidence tho, by design, load up on byes one week and have a full strength roster the rest of the way.
this was always my thought as well. i try to draft BPA regardless of bye however, not a great strategy but im looking to score as many points as often as possible. sucks i drafted stafford though.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #52
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

Quote:
That is a very good observation. Not by coincidence tho, by design, load up on byes one week and have a full strength roster the rest of the way.
Riiiiight....."by design"
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #53
Majik
Man7

On Wisconsin

Quote:
QB: RG3, Alex Smith
RB: Darren McFadden, Evan Royster
RB: Jamaal Charles
WR: Precy Harvin, Nate Washington, David Nelson
WR: Malcom Floyd, Mike Williams (Bucs)
TE: Brandon Pettigrew, Jared Cook
Flex: Doug Martin
Overview:

Congratulations! You seem to have grabbed quality players at every turn of this draft. It's rare indeed to be better than the average team at the three core positions (quarterback, running back and receiver), but we think this team is.

You must be among the favorites in this league and have positioned yourself to grab one of the playoff spots. But before you start engraving the trophy, realize that the draft is not the end of the story. Things can and do go wrong, so you need to remain diligent throughout the year to ensure you remain strong until the playoffs.

Players we particularly like on this team include Doug Martin, Alex Smith, Jamaal Charles, David Nelson, Darren McFadden, Evan Royster, Mike Williams, Nate Washington, and Nate Kaeding. We have all these guys ranked ahead of where they are typically being drafted.
Bottom line:

With great inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.
With good inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.
With average inseason management, we think you have a 94 percent chance of making the playoffs.

QB Summary:

We expect Robert Griffin III to be a solid starter. According to our projections, he's the #8 QB, so you should be better off than most teams in the starting quarterback slot.

Alex Smith, who we have rated as the #15 QB, is a nice backup and could conceivably emerge as either a starter for your team or, if Griffin III plays as expected, some tempting trade bait for teams with quarterback troubles.

Incidentally, Smith has what we project as a bad matchup (STL) during Griffin III's bye.

RB Summary:

Nice work here. We like both your starting running backs, as our projections indicate that they give you a combined 3.8 point-per-game advantage over an average opponent in this league. Our projections have Darren McFadden ranked at #4 and Jamaal Charles ranked at #7.

Your bench also looks good. Tough to do better than Doug Martin at RB3; he's a likely flex starter. Evan Royster will also be among the best RB4s in the league.

WR Summary:

We see both your starters at receiver as below average. Percy Harvin is our #10 ranked receiver, and we have Malcom Floyd at #28.

Your bench looks good and should help offset the unexciting starting unit. Nate Washington should serve as a very solid third receiver. Mike Williams will also be among the best WR4s in the league.

David Nelson is an excellent depth pick, though you may not end up using him much.

Note that the above "thoughts" were generated by projections. Others have different takes:

Some of our staffers have Percy Harvin as high as #4, which would make him an above average first receiver. take: "After Christian Ponder took over at QB, Harvin closed out 2011 with 723 yards & 7 TDs in his last 7 games. 1,653-yard, 16-TD pace. Remember that Harvin was severely under utilized in the first half of the season yet he still finished as WR7 LY. His production has improved in each of his first three years (YDs, TDs,catches and rush attempts) and he'll be even more of a center point of the offense with ADP recovering from ACL surgery. Harvin's current ADP is astonishingly low. Huge value."

TE Summary:

Brandon Pettigrew should be above average as a starting tight end. We have him ranked seventh overall at the position. We also think Jared Cook is a starting quality tight end in this league. He's a luxury.

Note that the above "thoughts" were generated by projections. Others have different takes:

Some of our staffers have Brandon Pettigrew as high as #5, which would make him an above average first tight end. take: "Pettigrew's Lions threw the football the most last season (666 times), but he isn't quite the focal point that Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham are because this team has Calvin Johnson to star as the Lions' (and the NFL's) top receiving option. However, Pettigrew is still a top-5 tight end and worth picking up if you miss out on Graham/Gronkowski in the first rounds of your draft."
Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #54
canadianbroncosfan

Excellent analysis of your team Majik ha-ha.

You're banking a lot on RGIII, not knocking it as I'm doing the same with Luck. God you're f'd if Griffin flops as Alex isn't a fantasy QB by any means.

You have strong RBs however both are coming off injury riddled seasons, hopefully they can come back strong. Also when it comes to Fantasy, I'm so-so about Charles only because they may use Hillis for a lot of the grinding goal line stuff, which is where you get your points.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:35 AM   #55
Stagger Lee

Want to apologize for not showing up to draft. I had it in my head the draft was tuesday. What a jackarse. I haven't even looked at my team, I'm sure its good. Checking nfl.com right now.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 AM   #56
Stagger Lee

Holy lord, my team is horrific. That's what I get.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #57
Majik
Man7

On Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
this was always my thought as well. i try to draft BPA regardless of bye however, not a great strategy but im looking to score as many points as often as possible. sucks i drafted stafford though.
Stafford is solid, he could come away as the #1 qb this season (he was 4th last year). I just hope he looks for Pettigrew early and often
Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:56 AM   #58
Drek
Ring of Famer

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Chris Johnson
RB: Adrian Peterson
WR: Miles Austin
WR: Steve Johnson
TE: Jason Witten
W/R: Santonio Holmes
K: Connor Barth

DEF:

Bench: Joe Flacco
Bench: Ronnie Brown
Bench David Wilson
Bench: Sidney Rice
Bench: Michael Floyd
Bench: Rueben Randle
Bench: Owen Daniels

Pretty happy with the team I got. Little Cowgirl heavy and maybe too many rookie lotto tickets on the bench, but overall its pretty well rounded.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:00 AM   #59
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Everyone teams stink besides mine. That's my take on the draft
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #60
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

I'm not thrilled with mine I'll edit this and post it. It was like magic I would someone to my watch list and 1-3 picks later gone...

QB M. Schaub QB - HOU

RB S. Greene RB - NYJ

RB L. McCoy RB - PHI

WR D. Bryant WR - DAL

WR V. Cruz WR - NYG

TE A. Gates TE - SD

W/R P. Thomas RB - NO

K M. Prater K - DEN

DEF Bears DEF

Bench

POS Player
BN K. Ogletree WR - DAL

BN D. Amendola WR - STL

BN R. Wallace WR - MIA

BN L. Kendricks TE - STL

BN M. Sanu WR - CIN

BN I. Pead RB - STL

Last edited by DenverBroncosJM; 08-28-2012 at 11:03 AM..
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #61
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Chris Johnson
RB: Adrian Peterson
WR: Miles Austin
WR: Steve Johnson
TE: Jason Witten
W/R: Santonio Holmes
K: Connor Barth

DEF:

Bench: Joe Flacco
Bench: Ronnie Brown
Bench David Wilson
Bench: Sidney Rice
Bench: Michael Floyd
Bench: Rueben Randle
Bench: Owen Daniels

Pretty happy with the team I got. Little Cowgirl heavy and maybe too many rookie lotto tickets on the bench, but overall its pretty well rounded.
you may have the best team in this draft in terms of high potential, but peterson, johnson x2 and austin are all somewhat question marks.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #62
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
I'm not thrilled with mine I'll edit this and post it. It was like magic I would someone to my watch list and 1-3 picks later gone...

QB M. Schaub QB - HOU

RB S. Greene RB - NYJ

RB L. McCoy RB - PHI

WR D. Bryant WR - DAL

WR V. Cruz WR - NYG

TE A. Gates TE - SD

W/R P. Thomas RB - NO

K M. Prater K - DEN

DEF Bears DEF

Bench

POS Player
BN K. Ogletree WR - DAL

BN D. Amendola WR - STL

BN R. Wallace WR - MIA

BN L. Kendricks TE - STL

BN M. Sanu WR - CIN

BN I. Pead RB - STL
I like your starters except maybe Greene. I was so pissed when you took Amendola.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #63
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

I had Amendola last year and he worked in a pinch this year hopefully he has a much better season. For RB's my only hope is Pead gets a lot of touches because S. Jackson is out.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #64
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
you may have the best team in this draft in terms of high potential, but peterson, johnson x2 and austin are all somewhat question marks.
Sure, and by The Football Guys (where Majik got his write up from) Peyton Manning is only the #12 QB in the league (LULZ).

There's some risk involved but after getting snake bit year after year, even when I go out of my way to pick career healthy guys, I've decided to just ignore the potential of injury and instead just focus on who's injured now as the only modifier to BPA drafting.

I figure if only one of the guys you pointed out is hurt/under achieves I'm looking pretty good. If two do then it could be a struggle, but should still be manageable. But then that's also why I'm willing to take some "dare to be great" risks on my bench too.

I think Wilson will legitimately challenge Bradshaw for the Giants #1 RB job by season's end.

Sidney Rice is finally healthy and playing with better passing QBs, I think he could easily return to form and be a solid WR2.

Ronnie Brown will start a minimum of 8 games for the Chargers this year, with how fragile Matthews is and apparently he's now planning to rush back from his broken clavicle, risking a more serious injury.

Flacco has looked sharp this pre-season and has a plethora of passing game weapons. Everyone was betting that last season would be his breakout year but I think that was a season premature.

Owen Daniels is damn near starter grade in this league, especially now that Dreessen the TD vulture is gone to Denver.

Then I got a couple rookie lotto tickets at WR, to feel out which one I think is the better play.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #65
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Isnt Witten hurt too?
Old 08-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #66
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Sure, and by The Football Guys (where Majik got his write up from) Peyton Manning is only the #12 QB in the league (LULZ).

There's some risk involved but after getting snake bit year after year, even when I go out of my way to pick career healthy guys, I've decided to just ignore the potential of injury and instead just focus on who's injured now as the only modifier to BPA drafting.

I figure if only one of the guys you pointed out is hurt/under achieves I'm looking pretty good. If two do then it could be a struggle, but should still be manageable. But then that's also why I'm willing to take some "dare to be great" risks on my bench too.

I think Wilson will legitimately challenge Bradshaw for the Giants #1 RB job by season's end.

Sidney Rice is finally healthy and playing with better passing QBs, I think he could easily return to form and be a solid WR2.

Ronnie Brown will start a minimum of 8 games for the Chargers this year, with how fragile Matthews is and apparently he's now planning to rush back from his broken clavicle, risking a more serious injury.

Flacco has looked sharp this pre-season and has a plethora of passing game weapons. Everyone was betting that last season would be his breakout year but I think that was a season premature.

Owen Daniels is damn near starter grade in this league, especially now that Dreessen the TD vulture is gone to Denver.

Then I got a couple rookie lotto tickets at WR, to feel out which one I think is the better play.
I agree on Wilson, I wanted him bad..just waited to long and because after my pick I had time to wash the dogs and the car before I got to pick again.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #67
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
Isnt Witten hurt too?
Recovering from a spleen operation, he's currently expected to play week 1. But that's also the purpose for having Owen Daniels.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #68
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Recovering from a spleen operation, he's currently expected to play week 1. But that's also the purpose for having Owen Daniels.
I have Schaub, I hope Owen scores a lot of TD's this year for you
Old 08-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #69
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

16 team drafts are a completely different dimension when it comes to drafting, you go SO long between picks its impossible to have a true gameplan. it really is more BPA focused and just hope you get good enough players than trying to target certain guys the whole time.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #70
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
16 team drafts are a completely different dimension when it comes to drafting, you go SO long between picks its impossible to have a true gameplan. it really is more BPA focused and just hope you get good enough players than trying to target certain guys the whole time.
nah man, I only had 31 players go between picks, wasn't that long!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:54 AM   #71
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Sorry I missed the draft. If everything went to plan I would have just been walking into my hotel room in Chicago when it started. American Airlines had other idea's and decided to delay me a couple of hours so I was at 35K feet while it was going on. That said I am ok with my draft. Other then Frown Cannon and Ryan Mathiews in the 3rd I can live with it. My bench is abismal but with a 16 team draft I kind of expected that

Arian Foster
Hakeem Nicks
Ryan Mathews
Frown Cannon
Jermy Macklin
Vincent Jackson
Coby Fleener
49 D
Aikers

Bench

Matt Cassel ??
Delone Carter
Jason Sneling
Shane Vereen
Jon Baldwin
Santana Moss

Last edited by Drunk Monkey; 08-30-2012 at 10:52 AM..
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #72
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
Holy lord, my team is horrific. That's what I get.
Wow I didn't know someone actually drafted a worse team then me
Old 08-31-2012, 06:11 AM   #73
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I think most of us except some who are delusional about their team, have a problem with some we ended up having to take, and especially with our benches. Many prayers were said that draft night for no injuries.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #74
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Maurice Jones-Drew to end holdout

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83...holdout-sunday

Be afraid

RBs Forte,Gore and Jones-Drew
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #75
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Maurice Jones-Drew to end holdout

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83...holdout-sunday

Be afraid

RBs Forte,Gore and Jones-Drew
Well we'll see you in week 1, glad to get you then. Don't want to play mid-season MJD

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: