The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #1451
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Yeah, me. I think he's finally getting the development he needed, and has settled into a situation that was where he should have probably been when he was drafted.
Settled in on a team that hasn't found the endzone once all preseason? A team that was an HBO gimmick? A team with in house fighting that always gets leaked in the most hyped media market?
Old 08-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #1452
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Yeah, me. I think he's finally getting the development he needed, and has settled into a situation that was where he should have probably been when he was drafted.
so does the development start after training camp, or are they telling him to look like **** now just to throw off other teams?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #1453
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Settled in on a team that hasn't found the endzone once all preseason? A team that was an HBO gimmick? A team with in house fighting that always gets leaked in the most hyped media market?
Nothing develops a QB faster then putting them on the punt team.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #1454
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #1455
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Nothing develops a QB faster then putting them on the punt team.
Probably the most important part of the development
Old 08-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #1456
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Am I the only one who can't decide whether or not this is serious?!?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #1457
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Tebow should have beat him in the most important game of the year then.
Dumb argument. Like saying Peyton's never beaten Big Ben in the playoffs, therefore Big Ben is the better QB.

And Orton didn't do anything to win that game by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #1458
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
He serious. Big tebow fan.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #1459
Jay3

Quote:
No. Assuming you were asking for clarification and not just making a bunch of rhetorical jabs, settling in on a team with an established starter, but brought in with special plays to help that team win, all the while working on his mechanics for the next phase of his career.

That's genuinely where I thought he would be drafted (perhaps round 3). But McD drafting him (1) as a perceived QB guru at the time; and (2) with a human dumpster fire in Orton at QB -- got us all excited that we might get to see the "develop as you go" method, where he would start from a shotgun offense he was comfortable in, and work on these things as he went along.

For many reasons, it didn't work out that way. What he's doing now was where I hoped to see him. My two most likely candidates before the pre-draft buildup were the Patriots behind Brady and the Colts behind Peyton.

(Remember, the Colts always had a waste of skin at backup QB, so they may as well have gotten a player who could help them there -- and Tebow could. )
Old 08-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #1460
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Hes never been more serious about anything in his life
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #1461
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
No. Assuming you were asking for clarification and not just making a bunch of rhetorical jabs, settling in on a team with an established starter, but brought in with special plays to help that team win, all the while working on his mechanics for the next phase of his career.

That's genuinely where I thought he would be drafted (perhaps round 3). But McD drafting him (1) as a perceived QB guru at the time; and (2) with a human dumpster fire in Orton at QB -- got us all excited that we might get to see the "develop as you go" method, where he would start from a shotgun offense he was comfortable in, and work on these things as he went along.

For many reasons, it didn't work out that way. What he's doing now was where I hoped to see him. My two most likely candidates before the pre-draft buildup were the Patriots behind Brady and the Colts behind Peyton.

(Remember, the Colts always had a waste of skin at backup QB, so they may as well have gotten a player who could help them there -- and Tebow could. )
Meanwhile NFL Network is about to air a commentary on "Can the Jets fix what's looking like the beginning of a disastrous season?"
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #1462
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

I agree that TT was taken by McD to develop into a QB but I'm not so sure about Indy every wanting TT, it just does not seem like a good fit. Also, it's hard to really know what Bellycheat thinks (or thought) of TT.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #1463
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

It's like Tebow fans don't even follow football!
Old 08-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #1464
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Meanwhile NFL Network is about to air a commentary on "Can the Jets fix what's looking like the beginning of a disastrous season?"
Fire the OC and cut TT is the only way to save the season.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #1465
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Fire the OC and cut TT is the only way to save the season.
The numbers they showed for that offense were abysmal. One of the guys on NFLN (Heath Evans) was insistent that the solution was to start Tebow; the other guy (Darren Sharper) disagreed. But with a mediocre starter, bringing Tebow in just guaranteed that they will have a QB controversy... and the accompanying divisions and polarization of the locker room and the fan base. Meh... Pats are probably gonna take that division anyway. I'm just glad it's no longer happening to the Broncos.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #1466
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Tebow revolutionizing the QB position one ball thrown in the dirt at a time
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #1467
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Dumb argument. Like saying Peyton's never beaten Big Ben in the playoffs, therefore Big Ben is the better QB.

And Orton didn't do anything to win that game by any stretch of the imagination.
It's not a dumb arguement. KC had no reason to even try in that game. Tebow had the season on the line. You're right Orton didn't do anything. That magnifies how bad tebow did though. He couldnt even get more than 7 points. Kinda like all preseason so far.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #1468
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I agree that TT was taken by McD to develop into a QB but I'm not so sure about Indy every wanting TT, it just does not seem like a good fit. Also, it's hard to really know what Bellycheat thinks (or thought) of TT.
It wasn't really speculation that they wanted him, it was finding a good fit, as in, thinking about teams where he might go. I heard some of the faintest rumblings that they had interest, but it would have been later rounds. It would have been as a career backup, like Sorgi, but unlike Sorgi not a waste of oxygen.

Last edited by Jay3; 08-27-2012 at 08:36 PM..
Old 08-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #1469
Jay3

Quote:
It's not a dumb arguement. KC had no reason to even try in that game. Tebow had the season on the line. You're right Orton didn't do anything. That magnifies how bad tebow did though. He couldnt even get more than 7 points. Kinda like all preseason so far.
They were playing for Romeo to get the job. Their defense was actually pretty good. They also beat Green Bay, and under your theory they also had no reason to even try against Green Bay. And it was a defensive win over Green Bay.

Still a terrible game by Tebow -- that was the game where he just wouldn't throw it, period.

But there's no reason to turn it into something it wasn't. The Chefs showed some life down the stretch last year.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #1470
Jay3

Quote:
It's like Tebow fans don't even follow football!
Sanchez is a #6 overall pick in his fourth year -- they didn't bring Tebow in to replace him. (Although, if you think they did, I can see some evidence for that).

But I was really using those words to apply to the other scenarios, like Brady. My point was that I thought a team with an established starter would pick him later in the draft, to use him in situations while fulfilling a backup role and developing.

The Jets situation is closer to that, even if Sanchez's mediocrity makes it a little more shaky. The point is, the clock is not ticking on starting Tebow. It has a different feel.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #1471
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
I think that defense is going to be lock down, better than last year. It's improved in every way. Landry and Bell at safety are looking awesome. Ellis at backup NT is looking like a beast. I think Coples will help them even as a rookie.

So I think the Jets will remain relevant because of their defense.

And their packages with Tebow is at least a recognition of "Hey, we suck. We're going to try different things to move the ball." A team with that attitude can find a way to get some points.

Tony Sparano is that guy that, the first time you look his way, he's totally sucking. And you think "he sucks," and you look away. Then you look back later in the season and he's got things headed in a better direction. Like last year, winning 6 of their last 9.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #1472
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
KC had no reason to even try in that game.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #1473
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
I think that defense is going to be lock down, better than last year. It's improved in every way. Landry and Bell at safety are looking awesome. Ellis at backup NT is looking like a beast. I think Coples will help them even as a rookie.

So I think the Jets will remain relevant because of their defense.

And their packages with Tebow is at least a recognition of "Hey, we suck. We're going to try different things to move the ball." A team with that attitude can find a way to get some points.

Tony Sparano is that guy that, the first time you look his way, he's totally sucking. And you think "he sucks," and you look away. Then you look back later in the season and he's got things headed in a better direction. Like last year, winning 6 of their last 9.
Defense can't do it all on their own; at some point the offense is going to have to put some points on the scoreboard too. Sure it's preseason, but all of the other teams in the league have gotten into the end zone 3 times (heard this little factoid on NFLN today) while the Jest haven't made it there even once. Maybe it's just "a slow start"... but it could also be the early signs of a less-than-stellar season offensively.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #1474
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Tebow fans are complete idiots.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #1475
Bacillus Anthracis

Quote:
Sanchez is a #6 overall pick in his fourth year -- they didn't bring Tebow in to replace him. (Although, if you think they did, I can see some evidence for that).
Sanchez sucks. I think the Jets organization knows it and that's why they brought in Tebow. They saw that with a decent running game and a stout D, Tebow can pull off some crazy stuff. The problem for the Jets is that their D isn't as stout as it used to be and neither is their running game. So Tebow is just going to be added to the list of mistakes that end up getting Rex Ryan fired.

Anyway, apparently the NFL Channel thinks Tebow is the 9th best left handed quarterback to ever play the game. I wanted to vomit.