The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 02:08 AM   #1401
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
He should have never tried to change his mechanics. So very dumb to do that. Guy was an accurate passer in college but all the pressure of the NFL wizkids somehow convinced him to try and shave 0.1s off his throwing motion. That said, I still think he starts for the Jets sometime this season.
IMHO, he needed to change his mechanics, all right (given that his career aspiration is to succeed as an NFL quarterback)... but it needed to happen years ago. Since it didn't happen then, he now needs to recognize that he could easily be an NFL superstar... unstoppable... at the TE or FB position, but time's not on his side in any efforts to gain those (QB) tools now. He's better-equipped to help his team succeed if he opens up to the possibility of playing other roles. But if he doesn't do that... oh, well. I'm not a Jest fan so it's of little consequence to me.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:26 AM   #1402
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
Here in Denver, our coaching staff re-designed the offense to better fit Tebow. It seems New York wants him to sub in their traditional offense, and if anyone remembers the Detroit game last year, you don't need a psychic to know how that is going to turn out.
Today... vs that 9'ers defense... does anyone here honestly believe that the numbers could have been anywhere near 10/12 for 122 yards and 2 touchdowns in only 3 drives if Tebow had been our starter? I certainly don't.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #1403
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
The fascination is brought on by the offseason arguments of who would be better for the team manning or tebow. People are gonna watch and see what he does. I was never an Orton supporter though. He was more interested in middle aged blonde chicks and jack Daniels. Glad both are gone.
This is why I dont come in the offseason.

The fact that there was ever this argument means that Bronco nation is pretty ****ing retarded.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #1404
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
Here in Denver, our coaching staff re-designed the offense to better fit Tebow. It seems New York wants him to sub in their traditional offense, and if anyone remembers the Detroit game last year, you don't need a psychic to know how that is going to turn out.
The Jets have an offense in mind for Tebow. The last thing in the world they'd do is show it off in preseason.

Preseason is dumb. Two weeks ago we had people buying Brock future plane tickets to Hawaii based on 4 throws. Nothing is real until the games matter.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #1405
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The Jets have an offense in mind for Tebow. The last thing in the world they'd do is show it off in preseason.

Preseason is dumb. Two weeks ago we had people buying Brock future plane tickets to Hawaii based on 4 throws. Nothing is real until the games matter.
To be fair, there's a big difference between not showing off your "real" plays and having your QB throw into quadruple coverage.....and continue to complete less than 40% of his passes against backups. Honestly, I don't care how vanilla you go with it, how do you go 4-14 with a QB rating of 13 against guys that won't even be in the NFL next week?

Last edited by Beantown Bronco; 08-27-2012 at 07:05 AM..
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #1406
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

He's Revolutionizing the QB position
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #1407
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Again I say...

This matters how in regards to Denver Broncos football as it is currently configured?

Quite a bit, actually. The drafting and subsequent trading of Tebow has quite a bit to do with the current roster, direction of team, etc.

I'll never understand why people constantly come into these threads, which are CLEARLY labelled, and then complain about the content. Be grateful people are at least constantly bumping this thread instead of creating 10 new ones after every Tebow game......like they used to. This way, at least there's only one thread on the main page that you need to look out for.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #1408
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
BS.......you and errand boy hate just for the sake of it.

Look it up MCDUMBASS I said I was glad to have Manning but we should have kept TT as well..............**** you retard......don't assume **** cause it makes you look like the fool you are.

Only lately have you tards gone about explanation your BS hatred for a former Bronco who did nothing but good for the team because you got called out for your idiot take of basically saying he will never be an nfl qb and he can't throw even throw he did while here.

You two CANNOT see the future so shut up.
You two are just losers to consistently talk about the guy like he was some sort of a POS in the locker room or off the field...............all he did was win and bring some enjoyment to an an otherwise terrible season.

You two should be thrown under the bus like you have tried to do to him..........sad individuals you two are
I think the real problem here is you are upset that all these other dudes get to sack Tebow and you don't.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 08-27-2012 at 07:28 AM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #1409
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Bull****. You went from riding Orton's jock all last offseason...

Straight to hating on Tebow from Start #1 last year.
Again...I challenged you and other nuthuggers to look up EVERY post i ever made about Tebow...and yet it was never accepted...so I did it myself. this is in just one thread dated July of 2010 about whether or not you'd want Tebow or Cutler

Oh, and to that other douche ol#7....apology accepted, you ****ing dumbass.

07-21-2010, 05:51 PM #260
errand

Ring of Famer

Cutler will get better as he gains more experience, but character, like speed cannot be coached. Tebow is the kind of guy I'd root for because too many people say he can't even though he's always proven he can.

07-21-2010, 06:41 PM #262
errand

Exactly...Tebow is a born leader while Cutler is a malcontent. As far as mechanics go....Rich Gannon threw with a side arm kind of motion and he seemed to put up big numbers in the right offense, as does Phillip Rivers whose mechanics also came under scrutiny in pre-draft workouts...but he wins games (just not playoff games).

As long as he's not throwing tons of INT's and he wins games I'm not gonna be worried about Tebow

07-25-2010, 04:51 PM #277
errand

Turning the ball over in the red zone is a huge sin....Cutler did it often, Orton did it rarely, and Tebow will just flatten whoever gets in his way. Rumor has it that Superman and Chuck Norris wear Tim Tebow jammies to bed

07-25-2010, 05:17 PM #280
errand

Ah, and now we get to the real reason you're not a tebow fan.....i guess it's ok to be arguably college football's greatest player ever as long as he's not a high character guy who also believes in god. Penn state or the state pen is your motto huh?

07-26-2010, 05:43 PM #319
errand

Tebow played in the SEC, which is almost as good as some NFL teams....and has produced numerous NFL stars. Not to mention he's probably college football's most battle tested QB having played for two national championships. He's played in several big games...winning more than his share of them.

I agree we don't know how he'll turn out as an NFL QB...but given his history, I think it would be unwise to bet against him succeeding

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #1410
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

View Poll Results: With what you know today would you rather have Jay Cutler or Tim Tebow on our roster?

Cutler and I'll tell you why in a post
Arobmic, Asso Wilson, azbroncfan, Blart, bombquixote, bronco militia, Broncobiv, Broncoman13, BroncoSojia, BroncosSR, colonelbeef, Donk, Durango, elsid13, Elway 4 Life, extralife, gmp, GoBroncos84, GSRelyea, Hamrob, IowaHawkeye, JDB7821, Jesterhole, jhns, Killericon, KipCorrington25, Michel W. Thomas, Natedog24, OrangenBlueOhio, Orbital, Ratboy, screamingeagle7, Taco John, TDmvp, tebowisdabomb, Tomeboy58801, tonngo0, uplink, watermock, yerner
40 31.50%

Tebow and I'll tell you why in a post.
Aardvark, aces11, arch ball, Arkie, Baba Booey, baja, baybroncfan, BlueCrusher, BMarsh615, bombay, boppool, bowtown, Brien, bronco610, BroncoBuff, broncofan2438, BroncoMatt, broncowill, Captain 'Dre, Cito Pelon, cmhargrove, coachmastermind, Cpntrips, Crushaholic, DarkHorse30, dbfan21, Dedhed, devantev, DivineBronco, Dr.5280, DrewB, Elway's Pigeon Toes, EmpireOrange, errand, FireFly, Florida_Bronco, Gcver2ver3, gman, God Father, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, Greatspirits, Homer Simpson, Irish Stout, itherapies, JCMElway, KevinJames, Lev Vyvanse, lex, listopencil, loborugger, lostknight, LRtagger, LT-Bronco, Majik, meangene, MileHighMagic, Miss I., montrose, Natedogg, NYBronco, orange skier, Orange4Life, Paladin, Pat Bowlen, Popps, Pseudofool, Rabb, Ramblin' Bronco, Ray Finkle, rdskier, Retire #30!!!, sageone, sirhcyennek81, slatimer, Smilin Assassin, sojourn, spdirty, spoon7, TailgateNut, theAPAOps5, TheElusiveKyleOrton, thevance_82, Tombstone RJ, tsiguy96, Wes Mantooth, whorton99
87 68.50%
Voters: 127.

Here ya go Beavis....and you too ol#7

See, when Tebow was drafted I liked the pick...however after seeing him actually play several games over two seasons, I got buyers remorse....it happens. Love when people who come to the meeting late want to tell those of us who were there on time what the opening statement was....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #1411
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
This is why I dont come in the offseason.

The fact that there was ever this argument means that Bronco nation is pretty ****ing retarded.
Someone else isn't paying attention. It's Broncos Country. Broncos Country. Broncos Country.

It's raider nation raneos.

We are blessed to have Elway and Manning that is for sure.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Meck77; 08-27-2012 at 08:07 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #1412
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Someone else isn't paying attention. It's Broncos Country. Broncos Country. Broncos Country.

It's raider nation raneos.

It appears someone else is paying attention to Broncos football either.

We are blessed to have Elway and Manning that is for sure.
It is Bronco Country.

Just like it isn't Rock Chalk, it's Alec Raenos.

FWIW I think Tebow should go play in Canada. I think things are just slow enough to let him really thrive up north and play some epic football.

Last edited by Kaylore; 08-27-2012 at 08:43 AM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #1413
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
See, when Tebow was drafted I liked the pick...however after seeing him actually play several games over two seasons, I got buyers remorse....it happens. Love when people who come to the meeting late want to tell those of us who were there on time what the opening statement was....
Bait and switch. Nobody ever accused you of liking Cutler. Not once you made the "Kyle's better cuz all he does is win, all he does is win games" argument.

And you didn't "change your mind" after two seasons. You were still hoping Kyle was the long term answer last summer. When Kyle started batting .200 in the wins department again, your enlarged Ortboner got irrtated and started posting irrational hate towards the new Broncos QB from his 4th career start onward.

Nice try though.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #1414
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #1415
Meck77

I'm going to date myself. Long before internet and fantasy football there was a group of people known as Broncos fans. We were known as just Broncos fans. Not fans of certain players of the team, not haters of certain players on a team, fans that didn't have second, third,and fourth favorite teams. Good ole fashion Broncos fans who stayed in the seats win or lose...ah the good ole days of the Bronco fan....These days you have people wired with radios listening to the raider game to see how "their fantasy players are doing during the f'n Broncos game!" that is right in front of them!

Last edited by Meck77; 08-27-2012 at 08:33 AM..
Old 08-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #1416
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
I'm going to date myself. Long before internet and fantasy football there was a group of people known as Broncos fans. We were known as just Broncos fans. Not fans of certain players of the team, not haters of certain players on a team, fans that didn't have second, third,and fourth favorite teams. Good ole fashion Broncos fans who stayed in the seats win or lose...ah the good ole days of the Bronco fan....These days you have people wired with radios listening to the raider game to see how "their fantasy players are doing during the f'n Broncos game!" that is right in front of them!
damn...you're probably old

Old 08-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #1417
TonyR
Franchise Poster

I'm just curious: are there still people out there who think Tebow can be a full time starting QB in the NFL?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #1418
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I think Ortboner should be a new word in the Urban Dictionary.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #1419
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm just curious: are there still people out there who think Tebow can be a full time starting QB in the NFL?
Of course.

Just like there are still people who think Santa and the Easter Bunny are real.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #1420
Drunken.Broncoholic

What's interesting to see is they have not run any wildcat. Saving it for the regular season like it will become some new weapon. Not sure but I think I saw 3 teams in the AFC east stop that type of offense with relative ease, with the dolphins comin up short on an onside kick.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #1421
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
damn...you're probably old

Corn is doing good at the Denver farm despite the drought. Dimwits! All of you! Global warming my ass but haven't seen it this dry since I can remember. Nieces are getting big! The neighbor kids keep coming around my kittens like a pack of ****ing wolves. Got to fix the damn roof again. Fantasy football fans. For ****s say we use to be Broncos fans! WTF is going on in this world. The federal reserve will ruin us!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #1422
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Watch out for the wolverines in the back yard. Those things are vicious.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #1423
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Corn is doing good at the Denver farm despite the drought. Dimwits! All of you! Global warming my ass but haven't seen it this dry since I can remember. Nieces are getting big! The neighbor kids keep coming around my kittens like a pack of ****ing wolves. Got to fix the damn roof again. Fantasy football fans. For ****s say we use to be Broncos fans!
thats sounds awesome!. we are about 6" inches short (thats what she said) on our moisture down here.

I love my fantasy football but I don't worry about it until the games are over.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #1424
JakeZ01

Not a big tebow fan....but why didn't anyone just try to run the spread with him? It's like buying a demolition derby car and than trying to race it. He it's what he is and he is good at it. It's wierd.i kind if feel bad for him.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #1425
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeZ01 View Post
Not a big tebow fan....but why didn't anyone just try to run the spread with him? It's like buying a demolition derby car and than trying to race it. He it's what he is and he is good at it. It's wierd.i kind if feel bad for him.
Because he's not as physically gifted as a guy like Cam Newton and he not as good of a passer as Cam Newton. Basically, with the speed of the game and Tebow's long delivery motion, I think teams are unwilling to build and entire offense around his skill set.

If TT can just learn how to throw the ball more consistently, that is, get his completion percentage up above let's say 50% I think he could be pretty good. But he's got to be able to pass the ball. He can't scrambe around every time he gets a snap and hope he can somehow outrun opposing defenses. He'll eventually get killed doing that.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote