The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #426
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I know but I think they should send Ball/Moreno down the road and sign the cast off from AZ and keep Omon.
I am not disagreeing but Omon has been in the league for 4 years and has not stuck anywhere. I think this even leads it more obvious that Denver could REALLY use Jones-Drew and turn a weakness into a strength.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #427
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

@incarceratedbob: **UPDATED NFL NEWS**Source: Broncos once again made contact with Jags about #MJD (Offer could be coming from Denver before Thurs) #IBN #RT
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #428
COBronc78

And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
*UPDATED NFL NEWS**Source: (Same source that gave me Manning to Broncos 48Hr's before #MSM ESPN had a clue) states Elway gunning for MJD
Old 08-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #429
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
We have more needs than a today RB.. Sorry but that Is how I see it.. My money is being spent on someone that ODDS are will be around more than two years.
Nobody disagrees with you on the point about needs. We have plenty of needs. But here's the thing: none of the top guys in the NFL at our other positions of need are being dangled out there for a trade right now. Nor will they be any time soon. We have a chance right now to SIGNIFICANTLY upgrade not just any position, but a position where the guy will touch the ball 25+ times a game and directly impact our ability to score points.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #430
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

$10m/yr for a 6th year RB? No thanks.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #431
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
It would be more like 7-8 million. If you could get him to sign a 4 year deal for $30 million he'd be well worth it.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #432
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Nobody disagrees with you on the point about needs. We have plenty of needs. But here's the thing: none of the top guys in the NFL at our other positions of need are being dangled out there for a trade right now. Nor will they be any time soon. We have a chance right now to SIGNIFICANTLY upgrade not just any position, but a position where the guy will touch the ball 25+ times a game and directly impact our ability to score points.
Seriously you think we are going to run the ball 25 times a game?

Makes sense to me to have the two highest paid skill players in the NFL on the same team both wanting the ball..

Think about it!

If you are in need of an upgrade you do so with someone that has not been then punching bag of the NFL for the past 6 years.
Why load your cap up with players that will be out of the NFL in two years and mortgaging your future like Mickey did.

You build your team with the draft not aging punching bags.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:23 AM   #433
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

Makes sense to me to have the two highest paid skill players in the NFL on the same team both wanting the ball..

Think about it!

If you are in need of an upgrade you do so with someone that has not been then punching bag of the NFL for the past 6 years.
Why load your cap up with players that will be out of the NFL in two years and mortgaging your future like Mickey did.

You build your team with the draft not aging punching bags.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #434
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I see we have at least one less poster that does not have his head up his ass..

Great post.

Everyone forgets this OL has been ragged on for the past few years .. Now all of sudden a RB is going to make them the best.

Fix the real problem first and that is not loading the team with RBs that Manning will not be using.. It is a passing league no one has won a super bowl running the ball in a decade..
Old 08-26-2012, 12:34 AM   #435
Bacchus

Quote:
I see we have at least one less poster that does not have his head up his ass..

Great post.

Everyone forgets this OL has been ragged on for the past few years .. Now all of sudden a RB is going to make them the best.

Fix the real problem first and that is not loading the team with RBs that Manning will not be using.. It is a passing league no one has won a super bowl running the ball in a decade..
LONESTAR In the deepest voice possible No one on this thread EVER said $10 million a year. He is making right now $4.5 if some playoff team(Denver) came in and offered 7-8 over 4 years he would take it.

Do not be a dipsh?t, I KNOW IT'S HARD BUT JUST RESIST.

Last edited by Bacchus; 08-26-2012 at 12:40 AM..
Old 08-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #436
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:

Think about it!
Please read my post again, slowly this time. I said "touches". You do realize that MJD is one of the best receiving RBs in the game too, don't you?
Old 08-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #437
swaiy

People actually consider incarceratedfraud a credible source?

http://nfldraftmonsters.com/news/is-...omplete-fraud/

Last edited by swaiy; 08-26-2012 at 07:51 AM..
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #438
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
LONESTAR In the deepest voice possible No one on this thread EVER said $10 million a year. He is making right now $4.5 if some playoff team(Denver) came in and offered 7-8 over 4 years he would take it.

Do not be a dipsh?t, I KNOW IT'S HARD BUT JUST RESIST.
And you've talked with his agent and know this.

Now it is time for you not to be a dip****.

The guy wants to be paid top money he is already getting almost 5 mil a 50% raise is not going to do it regardless of what YOU think..

He has made it clear he wants to be paid like the top back he is.

Not like Poorti$$$ that thought he he should be paid top money while only being a top ten guy.

As someone said he knows his career is not going to be forever so is trying to get every dime he can NOW.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #439
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Please read my post again, slowly this time. I said "touches". You do realize that MJD is one of the best receiving RBs in the game too, don't you?
Yes I do but manning has not a dump it off guy to the back in the past. He is a down the field guy his FORTE why should we pay TOP money for something we are not going to use.

Again manning is a master at moving the ball without a premier RB why try to improve something that does not need impRoving. While spending a gazallion trying to do it.

I found out a long time ago. Trying to get to perfection when you are close by trying to improve the best parts rarely works.

What you do to improve the fastest is find your weakest link and fix that first. When you run out of weak links if your not where you need to be then you work on improving the stronger areas.

Right now the RB spot is hardly the weak spot on the team. Sit us way down the list.

If everything else where you want it then you upgrade. Until then NADA
Old 08-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #440
Rich Karlis
liquored up kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post

I'm fully aware that bobs track record isn't stellar but he had Manning as a bronco when every other "expert" said he was a lock to be a 9er or Titan. He seems to have a decent source close to the Broncos.
Rich Karlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #441
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Again manning is a master at moving the ball without a premier RB why try to improve something that does not need impRoving. While spending a gazallion trying to do it.

I found out a long time ago. Trying to get to perfection when you are close by trying to improve the best parts rarely works.

What you do to improve the fastest is find your weakest link and fix that first. When you run out of weak links if your not where you need to be then you work on improving the stronger areas.

Right now the RB spot is hardly the weak spot on the team. Sit us way down the list.

Ahhh, this is where the disconnect is. You and I simply disagree on the current state of our running game. I just don't think it's that far down the list. And those positions ahead of it? I simply don't see any top guys out there available via FA or trade that could immediately make us a top ranked unit at said position.

Honestly, I'd love to hear your take on all those positions of higher need and who is available at those postions that you would spend the MJD resources on and instantly solve those problems.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #442
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Yes I do but manning has not a dump it off guy to the back in the past. He is a down the field guy his FORTE why should we pay TOP money for something we are not going to use.
Amost forgot to address this. If Manning didn't believe in passing to his RBs, then why did Joseph Addai average over 40 receptions per year in part time duty his first 4 years in the league?
Old 08-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #443
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

To add on to my last point.....our RBs had 9 receptions against San Fran. Granted it was preseason, but I think it's safe to say that they're going to have a big role in our passing game under Manning this year.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #444
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Karlis View Post
I'm fully aware that bobs track record isn't stellar but he had Manning as a bronco when every other "expert" said he was a lock to be a 9er or Titan. He seems to have a decent source close to the Broncos.
Or, he was lucky.

Anyone who takes this guy seriously, is an idiot.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #445
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post

He was right about Manning, though even a broken clock is right twice a day
Old 08-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #446
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:

I don't disagree with you, it all starts with the O line but in this case there are no quality O linemen to go get. So you improve the area you can. MJD would be a good add if the price is right.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #447
Bacchus

Quote:
To add on to my last point.....our RBs had 9 receptions against San Fran. Granted it was preseason, but I think it's safe to say that they're going to have a big role in our passing game under Manning this year.
MJD is a great receiver out of the backfield. Without checking, I beleive he had 400 yards receiving last year.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #448
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

Think about it!
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...J/JameEd00.htm

In 2005, James started 15 games and ran the ball 24 times a game....in his 7th season...and gained over 1500 yards.

What did Manning do besides go 14-2? He had a 104.1 QB rating (his 2nd best behind his previous year). His 3747 yards was his 2nd lowest for his career but it shows a strong running back helped the Colts do what is most important....WIN!

So your worry of 2 guys wanting the ball is unwarranted if you are looking for wins and not Manning Fantasy Football stats.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:15 AM   #449
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...J/JameEd00.htm

In 2005, James started 15 games and ran the ball 24 times a game....in his 7th season...and gained over 1500 yards.

What did Manning do besides go 14-2? He had a 104.1 QB rating (his 2nd best behind his previous year). His 3747 yards was his 2nd lowest for his career but it shows a strong running back helped the Colts do what is most important....WIN!

So your worry of 2 guys wanting the ball is unwarranted if you are looking for wins and not Manning Fantasy Football stats.
Of course what you say is true. When Peyton had a running game his team was most successful. Only idiots saythings like Denver does not need a great RB because Peyton won't want it or need it. That is silly. The question comes down to whether not Denver thinks it is afordable not whether it will hurt Peyton's feelings or any other hogwash.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:18 AM   #450
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Of course what you say is true. When Peyton had a running game his team was most successful. Only idiots saythings like Denver does not need a great RB because Peyton won't want it or need it. That is silly. The question comes down to whether not Denver thinks it is afordable not whether it will hurt Peyton's feelings or any other hogwash.
So, basically ignore Lonestar and the rest of us will talk sense of Broncos football? Sounds good!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote