The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #376
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I wanted this thread to be about Denver being "ALL In" "No Plan B" I do not know what it will take to get MJD maybe it will only be a 2nd. Denver needs to look into this. Who is Denver going to draft next year that is going to help Manning more than MJD? and that draft pick NEXT year is not helping Denver this year. MJD is in his prime, he is the best RB in the NFL and he is a quality guy who I'm sure would love a chance at a SB.

It does not look like this is going to happen and for the life of me I cannot imagine why Denver is not even looking to see what the Jags want. Maybe Del Rio knows something.

What is Denver going to do with a mid 20 draft choice that is going to help them win Peyton a SB in the next 2-3 years?

Is it all about winning now or not?
I agree with your premise that it could be a great move but the financial and operational reality of it is suspect. There are so many "if's" that it's almost a pipe dream. I'm sure Elway feels the same way "ideally" but do we have the cash and is he really interested? It would be nice to be a fly on the wall.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #377
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I can understand that and agree with it. In no way would I want to get MJD and get rid of McGhee. I think they would be a tremendous combo together and they would extend each others career as well as Mannings.
You make great arguments with Unicorn Jizz on them and if you were brokering the deal, I'm sure they would tell you that you have no business being there.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #378
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
You make great arguments with Unicorn Jizz on them and if you were brokering the deal, I'm sure they would tell you that you have no business being there.
You need to respond to last nights love letter.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #379
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Not that I want him around but where has (speaking of unicorn jizz) Jizz been lately? Must be a McD supporter now!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #380
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
You can say this about every position, in theory, until you look at the Broncos track record. Once again, if it's so easy to do and such a gimme, why haven't we done it since Portis?
You can throw the old track record out mikey was fired several years ago and frankly so far I little to b**** about Johns record.
While they might not be the players loads of folks wanted they seem to have a purpose mostly rebuilding the team from where Tanahan left it.. A few marque skill spots that were all head cases.

Show me one round 1-3 guy that John has brought in so far that is not performing.

For those that have not figured out the really good teams build their franchise with rounds 1-3 and occasional #4s unlike Tanahans 4-7. While the is talent is out there occasionally TDs come around every decade or so.
General rule is it is backup and ST players after round three.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #381
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You need to respond to last nights love letter.
I know I slacked on immediate response but I'm down with some responses now. Not my finest declaration but the controversy and conversation is interesting enough.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #382
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Not that I want him around but where has (speaking of unicorn jizz) Jizz been lately? Must be a McD supporter now!
You might find periodic support for McD during his 6 game winning streak but you will never find me being a McSupporter. I couldn't stand him from the beginning. Unicorn-Jizz is and should always be a relevant metaphor on the Mane.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:11 AM   #383
Bacchus

Quote:
Unicorn jizz is not only tasty it is high in protein.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:30 AM   #384
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Meth-Jizz is the current recipe for OM support with unicorns dancing around it. Gruden is the unicorn rancher because Uni's love Chucky.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:51 AM   #385
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Show me one round 1-3 guy that John has brought in so far that is not performing.
He's had one draft we can even gauge that on. Here was the first three rounds of that draft:
2 - Miller
45 - Moore
46 - Franklin
67 - Irving

Only half of those picks are producing for us, and the one real standout was the 2nd overall pick. Not exactly proving your point here.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:35 AM   #386
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
He's had one draft we can even gauge that on. Here was the first three rounds of that draft:
2 - Miller
45 - Moore
46 - Franklin
67 - Irving

Only half of those picks are producing for us, and the one real standout was the 2nd overall pick. Not exactly proving your point here.
Exactly. And "performing" in this case should really mean top 3 in the league at their position.....like MJD. Not simply "showing up and playing on Sunday".
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:50 AM   #387
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Well you never said that. You said 1000 yd rushers go to MCD to die and I pointed out he had 1100 plus yards last year.
McD has been calling offenses for 6 years now. He's had one RB go for over 1100 yds. I'll stand by my assessment. Everyone and their mother knows the guy has no interest in running the ball.

Quote:
You said it was the least carry's he has had since 2005 which is not true. Nothing about injuries or whatever.
Because it's implied. You have to compare them on a rushes per game and not a total rushes per season basis....unless you really think it's fair to compare seasons where he only started 11 or 12 games as opposed to 15 or 16. That's just idiotic. On a per game basis, it's not even close. He had FAR fewer carries per game last year than in prior years.

Quote:
In other news tell me how Slowshon has been better than Beanie Wells?
Up until this past year, when Knowshon was out hurt, it wasn't even close. Wells had a great 2011 and only because of that, they're now basically even in production across the board. Though Knowshon is still clearly better than him at catching the ball out of the backfield, with almost triple the receiving yards and 6 receiving TDs to 0.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #388
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
McD has been calling offenses for 6 years now. He's had one RB go for over 1100 yds. I'll stand by my assessment. Everyone and their mother knows the guy has no interest in running the ball.

Because it's implied. You have to compare them on a rushes per game and not a total rushes per season basis....unless you really think it's fair to compare seasons where he only started 11 or 12 games as opposed to 15 or 16. That's just idiotic. On a per game basis, it's not even close. He had FAR fewer carries per game last year than in prior years.

Up until this past year, when Knowshon was out hurt, it wasn't even close. Wells had a great 2011 and only because of that, they're now basically even in production across the board. Though Knowshon is still clearly better than him at catching the ball out of the backfield, with almost triple the receiving yards and 6 receiving TDs to 0.
Spin spin spin. You make KCPUD proud. Well I guess when you compare the two its IMPLIED that you compare per game production and there is no comparison between Wells and slowshon right.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 08-24-2012 at 06:14 AM..
Old 08-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #389
CEH
Ring of Famer

I don't think the FO will be interested. Too much money . The draft picks I don't think would be an issue.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #390
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Spin spin spin. You make KCPUD proud. Well I guess when you compare the two its IMPLIED that you compare per game production
Certainly makes more sense than trying to argue that 11 games of production should be compared to 15 on a "total" basis.

Now THAT'S spin.

Quote:
and there is no comparison between Wells and slowshon right.
There wasn't. Until this past year, when Beanie played and Knowshon didn't. There's no way to argue otherwise. Knowshon was blowing him away in every measurable way up until then. It's not even debatable, but I dare you to try.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #391
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
2 - Miller
45 - Moore
46 - Franklin
67 - Irving

herpy derp goes the drek
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #392
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Much less ****ing terrible on popcorn than the garden variety. Or so I've heard.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #393
CEH
Ring of Famer

Jim Irasy is all in with Andrew Luck whom Elway called once a generational player

Today on Twitter from Irasy

SERIOUS TRADE WINDS Swirling! We're talking given up high pick for SERIOUS Vet/Starter!.. these deals often crumble n don't reach completion

Reports are it's NOT MJD
Old 08-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #394
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Certainly makes more sense than trying to argue that 11 games of production should be compared to 15 on a "total" basis.

Now THAT'S spin.

There wasn't. Until this past year, when Beanie played and Knowshon didn't. There's no way to argue otherwise. Knowshon was blowing him away in every measurable way up until then. It's not even debatable, but I dare you to try.
It was pretty obvious just by watching the two run. One runs hard and is a good short yardage back and the other quite frankly sucks and is an average runner that dances even though he has a 4.6 40 time. I'll bet you do a search here you find a thread on it I seem to remember one. Whatever though spit your stats out I actually don't think you watch football and just play fantasy football.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #395
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Nope. I don't play fantasy football.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #396
CEH
Ring of Famer

Comparing Wells and Knowshown is like saying who's the tallest midget (or little person or dwarf)
Old 08-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #397
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Knowshon did fine all things considered his first two years. A terrible system to run in, with a terrible OL. Last year, he bit the dust. If he can't do it here, now, with what is familiar to him, it's over. People act like when he played that he sucked, but he didn't. Did he leave yards on the field? Sure. GTFOVERIT.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #398
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
2 - Miller
45 - Moore
46 - Franklin
67 - Irving

Let's see miller DROY
Franklin IIRC 16 game starter.
Iirc Irving was behind someone learning Yet played in every game while playing STs
Moore Played in 15 games started 7
Then there was Carter #4 pick that started 12 games an played in all 16.

Are you a Tanahan lover

Must be if your whining about two clear cut starters and 3 starters of the future. Consider none of them had an off season and had new schemes and terms to learn. Typical.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #399
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Jim Irasy is all in with Andrew Luck whom Elway called once a generational player

Today on Twitter from Irasy

SERIOUS TRADE WINDS Swirling! We're talking given up high pick for SERIOUS Vet/Starter!.. these deals often crumble n don't reach completion

Reports are it's NOT MJD
Colts and Eagles are talking trade for a DE.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #400
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Knowshon did fine all things considered his first two years. A terrible system to run in, with a terrible OL. Last year, he bit the dust. If he can't do it here, now, with what is familiar to him, it's over. People act like when he played that he sucked, but he didn't. Did he leave yards on the field? Sure. GTFOVERIT.
The year he started he had the lowest per average per carry of any RB on the roster.