The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #201
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...or-the-broncos

http://www.nfl.com/player/mauricejon...495831/profile

He's half way to 28 and heading into his seventh season as an RB.

If you look at most RB's their best years just happened or are this year, then it's all downhill.

If MJD was two-three years youger he'd be worth a big contract, but he's too old now. There are VERY few RB's who continue with pro-bowl level production into their 30's.

Love his fumble stat though.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #202
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent156 View Post
this sounds like Asante Samuel all over again
Asante Samuel?? Really? Samuel was a system zone CB that was asked to play man to man in Philadelphia how is that similar to Jones-Drew?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #203
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

We need to sign him..
We can definitely win SB with Jones Drew.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #204
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...or-the-broncos

http://www.nfl.com/player/mauricejon...495831/profile

He's half way to 28 and heading into his seventh season as an RB.

If you look at most RB's their best years just happened or are this year, then it's all downhill.

If MJD was two-three years youger he'd be worth a big contract, but he's too old now. There are VERY few RB's who continue with pro-bowl level production into their 30's.
sign him to a 4 year deal and he will be 31 just when RBs start to slip.

He'll be about the same age as McGhee is now
Old 08-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #205
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

In my view, MJD is the closest thing to Priest Holmes in his prime in the league right now. I'd love to pick him up.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #206
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
In my view, MJD is the closest thing to Priest Holmes in his prime in the league right now. I'd love to pick him up.
Priest Holmes was run to death. I don't think MJD is quite there yet. I said it before, a 2nd, Moreno and maybe a 6th rounder for MJD.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #207
lolcopter

After we sign MJD and win the Super Bowl our pick is gonna be #32 anyway, so if it takes a 1st rounder let it ride imo
Old 08-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #208
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Let's see how Moreno performs in this new offense. I'm not saying he's gonna be Marshall Falk, but I am saying "let's see first."
MJD has a lot of mileage on him. There is a reason that Jacksonville does not want to break the bank on the guy and it's because he's been ridden like a pony express horse over the last few years.

MJD has been flat out over used in a system that had no passing attack. I just don't see the logic in trading the farm for a guy who is on the downside of a very tough career.
Yeah lets hold off a year on a SUPER STAR RB to see if the SCRUB does something?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #209
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

We have Manning hopefully for 3-4 years. Why not pair a top RB with him for that time? This trade makes sense, get it done John.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #210
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Let's see how Moreno performs in this new offense. I'm not saying he's gonna be Marshall Falk, but I am saying "let's see first."

MJD has a lot of mileage on him. There is a reason that Jacksonville does not want to break the bank on the guy and it's because he's been ridden like a pony express horse over the last few years.

MJD has been flat out over used in a system that had no passing attack. I just don't see the logic in trading the farm for a guy who is on the downside of a very tough career.
Moreno at best is Kevin Faulk.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #211
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I don't think MJD is as worn out as some people think. In his first 3 seasons, he didn't break 200 carries in any year. The following 3 have been heavy, averaging 318 per year. But it's not like he's Adrian Peterson, who has been run into the ground from day 1 in the NFL.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #212
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
I don't think MJD is as worn out as some people think. In his first 3 seasons, he didn't break 200 carries in any year. The following 3 have been heavy, averaging 318 per year. But it's not like he's Adrian Peterson, who has been run into the ground from day 1 in the NFL.
See you would think that more people would know this. Instead they get mad at using a draft pick for a super star or having to pay a super star money. I have never seen a group of people get so upset at the possibility of adding elite talent.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #213
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/_vpTCBf4ckY/0.jpg

hey..i keep watching this...like funny asians and strippers

Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 08-22-2012 at 09:43 PM..
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #214
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
To all those that scoff at our M.W.A. just look what it's done to the quality of your posts

I was as lost as you were at some of those examples.

Dree Brees breaks the single season passing record and we're calling the Saints and elite running team? And Buffalo, really Buffalo?? I'm not even sure how using a team that goes 6-10 could make any sense whatsoever.

Oh good rebuttal man, I guess when you can't argue the point you have to find something to make you feel good
Sproles, Spiller, Jackson and Thomas ran for 6.9, 5.6, 5.5, and 5.1 YPC last season, they were all good receivers, and all but Sproles were good at blocking. But I guess neither team had good RBs because... you say so?
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:02 AM   #215
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Sproles, Spiller, Jackson and Thomas ran for 6.9, 5.6, 5.5, and 5.1 YPC last season, they were all good receivers, and all but Sproles were good at blocking. But I guess neither team had good RBs because... you say so?
Let's review the post I was rebutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Cleveland, Miami, and Indy had the worst play at RB, and they combined for 12 wins. New Orleans, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo had the best play at RB, and they combined for 31 wins.
You seem to be talking up their win total, and I was pointing out Buffalo didn't really help contribute to that.

Then you go on to talk about Pitt and Buffalo having the best play at RB when they finished 13th and 14th in rushing last year. Not really where I would rank teams with the best play at RB.

As for New Orleans, they certainly have a great running game, however I don't know if I'd call it elite and the point I was making about them is that their 13-3 record had a lot more to do with their QB than their run game.

Last edited by canadianbroncosfan; 08-23-2012 at 06:33 AM..
Old 08-23-2012, 06:17 AM   #216
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Moreno at best is Kevin Faulk.
Insanity. Moreno has supposedly sucked so far and he already has, in two seasons worth of work, more than half as many TDs as Faulk in 13 seasons and about 40% of the yardage. Moreno's worst is already significantly better than Faulk's best.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:49 AM   #217
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Insanity. Moreno has supposedly sucked so far and he already has, in two seasons worth of work, more than half as many TDs as Faulk in 13 seasons and about 40% of the yardage. Moreno's worst is already significantly better than Faulk's best.
Moreneo at worst doesn't help Denver one bit. That means his vagina is bruised and he is sitting on sideline.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #218
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Yeah lets hold off a year on a SUPER STAR RB to see if the SCRUB does something?
MJD wasn't even a starter until his 4th season. Moreno has played 3 so far. Hell if it wasn't for the ACL tear, Moreno and MJD's first few seasons were looking pretty similar. Is it just Bronco players that are scrubs if they aren't probowlers in their first couple seasons?
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:10 AM   #219
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Moreneo at worst doesn't help Denver one bit. That means his vagina is bruised and he is sitting on sideline.
A simple "you're right" would've done just fine.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #220
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
MJD wasn't even a starter until his 4th season. Moreno has played 3 so far. Hell if it wasn't for the ACL tear, Moreno and MJD's first few seasons were looking pretty similar. Is it just Bronco players that are scrubs if they aren't probowlers in their first couple seasons?
Except MJD was clearly a starter and showed it in his limited carries. Moreno is a fringe roster player. How many 100 yard games did the 2 of them have over the first 3 years? How many TD's? I know MJD has been in double digit TD's quite a bit. They aren't even close.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #221
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
A simple "you're right" would've done just fine.
When Moreno is in the league for 13 years you may have an argument. At this pace he will be jobless sooner than later. Guys love to argue with stats. Moreno was drafted to be a stud RB and couldn't be farther from that.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #222
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Love it when people rally around and defend a running back that was drafted top 15, but who in camp, can't beat out Lance Ball and an injured 3rd round draft pick whose never played in a game

Last edited by razorwire77; 08-23-2012 at 07:22 AM..
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #223
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Except MJD was clearly a starter and showed it in his limited carries. Moreno is a fringe roster player. How many 100 yard games did the 2 of them have over the first 3 years? How many TD's? I know MJD has been in double digit TD's quite a bit. They aren't even close.
That's the same logic that made people want Tatum Bell as our starter, those change up backs tend to get the big YPC, it comes down to earth when you have to start pounding on 1st and 2nd down.

You are correct that MJD has had a nose for the endszone, 3 times over 10 rushing TD's in his career, not last season when he was "The best back in the game" though. He also has played in a running focused offense his entire career. Moreno played in the McD offense. We should be over the moon over his production in that system honestly. Moreno has more receiving TD's over their first 3 seasons though.

I'm not arguing that MJD isn't currently a better runner. I'm arguing that what he brings isn't really worth what Denver would likely have to pay. I know you hate Moreno, but the reality is, with him we have the stable of backs necessary to produce equally or better than what we would with MJD.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #224
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
That's the same logic that made people want Tatum Bell as our starter, those change up backs tend to get the big YPC, it comes down to earth when you have to start pounding on 1st and 2nd down.

You are correct that MJD has had a nose for the endszone, 3 times over 10 rushing TD's in his career, not last season when he was "The best back in the game" though. He also has played in a running focused offense his entire career. Moreno played in the McD offense. We should be over the moon over his production in that system honestly. Moreno has more receiving TD's over their first 3 seasons though.

I'm not arguing that MJD isn't currently a better runner. I'm arguing that what he brings isn't really worth what Denver would likely have to pay. I know you hate Moreno, but the reality is, with him we have the stable of backs necessary to produce equally or better than what we would with MJD.

Forget stats. Kyle Orton was once on pace to throw for 5,600 yards in McD's offense. Pick 5 random games and watch how MJD runs, and then pick 5 random games and watch how Moreno, Ball, Johnson, and (fill-in-the-blank) camp fodder runs. And then tell me we would get equal meaningful production.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:31 AM   #225
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
When Moreno is in the league for 13 years you may have an argument. At this pace he will be jobless sooner than later. Guys love to argue with stats. Moreno was drafted to be a stud RB and couldn't be farther from that.
Don't like stats? Fine. I'd love to hear what criteria you are grading them on to say that Faulk's worst is better than Moreno's best. Longevity?