The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #176
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
$$$$$$$$$$$$ won't happen
Bowlen's broke
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #177
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I think if you could swing the deal without giving up a 1st rounder you jump at it.

2013 2nd rounder, D.J., Moreno, and even a 2014 3rd rounder if necessary.

seriously, let's not get stupid here. I'd give up MAYBE a second round pick for MJD and then I'd sign him to a very incentive laden contract with a decent signing bonus up front that "shows him the $" but doesn't hamstring the team for the next few years.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #178
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
That was the only reason i 1st though it might be more than a rumor.
Hopefully JDR has been on his celly convincing MJD to come to Mile High!
he's under contract. no one from a team not named the jags can talk to him.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #179
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

seriously, let's not get stupid here. I'd give up MAYBE a second round pick for MJD and then I'd sign him to a very incentive laden contract with a decent signing bonus up front that "shows him the $" but doesn't hamstring the team for the next few years.
the guy is holding out specifically for cash and you think he's going to play for us if we swoop in and low ball him? really?

this thread, man.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #180
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I would trade every first round pick ever for proven super stars and not lose a second of sleep.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #181
Bacchus

Give a first round pick, plus Moreno and one of our 5 safeties. Denver shouldn't carry 5 safties anyway. Then offer Drew a 4 year $30 million contract with $18 million guaranteed. There it is done and everyone is friggin happy!!

Let's get this done and go win a Super Bowl!!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #182
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:

The Manning trade set into motion a two year, three year window to win a championship. I know that some people seem to think that Peyton came with some sort of a time machine back to 2007 where he'll be able to throw 560 passes in a season and the Broncos will be successful. He's not going to be able to do that and the team needs to be able to run more, significantly more than Indy did with Peyton.

So if we look at the roster we have a decent RB north of 30, an unknown commodity 3rd round draft pick and scrubs.

Moreno sucks and his trade value is probably a 5th rounder, D.J.'s trade value is next to nothing because of the impending suspension and his contract his pretty big.

It's laughable that people think the Jags are going to take something like a 3rd rounder and Moreno for one of the three best backs in the league. If this is going to happen it's going to take a minimum of a 2nd and a player to get it done. Probably more like a 2nd, a 4th, and a decent player.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #183
Bacchus

Quote:

That might be what "YOU" would offer, but that is not gonna get the deal done.

Of course giving a second if the Wads would take it would be very awesome.

Last edited by Bacchus; 08-22-2012 at 04:31 PM..
Old 08-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #184
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
the guy is holding out specifically for cash and you think he's going to play for us if we swoop in and low ball him? really?

this thread, man.
where did I say low ball him? Please go back and read my post again. kthnx.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #185
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That might be what "YOU" would offer, but that is not gonna get the deal done.

Of course giving a second if the Wads would take it would be very awesome.
He's a good RB but he's not worth much in a trade.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #186
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
The Manning trade set into motion a two year, three year window to win a championship. I know that some people seem to think that Peyton came with some sort of a time machine back to 2007 where he'll be able to throw 560 passes in a season and the Broncos will be successful. He's not going to be able to do that and the team needs to be able to run more, significantly more than Indy did with Peyton.

So if we look at the roster we have a decent RB north of 30, an unknown commodity 3rd round draft pick and scrubs.

Moreno sucks and his trade value is probably a 5th rounder, D.J.'s trade value is next to nothing because of the impending suspension and his contract his pretty big.

It's laughable that people think the Jags are going to take something like a 3rd rounder and Moreno for one of the three best backs in the league. If this is going to happen it's going to take a minimum of a 2nd and a player to get it done. Probably more like a 2nd, a 4th, and a decent player.
Let's see how Moreno performs in this new offense. I'm not saying he's gonna be Marshall Falk, but I am saying "let's see first."

MJD has a lot of mileage on him. There is a reason that Jacksonville does not want to break the bank on the guy and it's because he's been ridden like a pony express horse over the last few years.

MJD has been flat out over used in a system that had no passing attack. I just don't see the logic in trading the farm for a guy who is on the downside of a very tough career.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #187
Bacchus

Quote:
He's a good RB but he's not worth much in a trade.
He is the best RB in the NFL. He ran for almost 300 yards more then the next person. He also had a 4.7 YPC average and that was with Blaine Gabbert at QB. Yeah he is just a "good" RB

Pair him with McGhee and Manning and you would improve his performance reduce his workload and extend his career. With a new contract and a chance at the SB he would come in with a great attitude and very motivated.

Last edited by Bacchus; 08-22-2012 at 04:41 PM..
Old 08-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #188
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Dude, Cleveland, MIA and Indy had no offense at all because of terrible QB's. And did you just lump in 6-10 Buffalo with two Top Shelf QB playoff contenders to try to manufacture a point?

And that's the second time I've heard Sproles referenced. He's not an elite RB. He had more receiving yards than rushing last year. Put those yards together and you have about what McGahee did last year. Not Elite. He's a product of Brees.

Off the top of my head the only elite back I can think of that even went to the playoffs last year was Aryan Foster. Oh, or maybe Ray Rice.

There's a lot of other huge names, MJD included who racked up big stats last year, but went home after New Years.
To all those that scoff at our M.W.A. just look what it's done to the quality of your posts

I was as lost as you were at some of those examples.

Dree Brees breaks the single season passing record and we're calling the Saints and elite running team? And Buffalo, really Buffalo?? I'm not even sure how using a team that goes 6-10 could make any sense whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
fyp
Oh good rebuttal man, I guess when you can't argue the point you have to find something to make you feel good
Old 08-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #189
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
He is the best RB in the NFL. He ran for almost 300 yards more then the next person. He also had a 4.7 YPC average and that was with Blaine Gabbert at QB. Yeah he is just a "good" RB

Pair him with McGhee and Manning and you would improve his performance reduce his workload and extend his career. With a new contract and a chance at the SB he would come in with a great attitude and very motivated.
I don't think he's the best RB in the NFL, he's good but he's also on the downside of his career. Again, I think there is a reason Jacksonville is being cautious about signing him to big contract and its probably because the life of a RB in the NFL is not very long.

I'd love MJD on this team, but I wouldn't go overboard on a trade.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #190
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Why does anyone think that any team will want DJ Williams in a frigging trade? The guy is going to miss 6 games, and with his DUI conviction it could be as many as 10. TEN GAMES! And someone is going to trade for him?

Stop. Stop the madness.
^

This seems to be lost so I'm going to bump your comment and bold it in hope everyone reads it
Old 08-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #191
Boogerboots
Anytime now...

..just make the snow stop!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Larry Canada

Not sure if this was mentioned yet ,but if MJD does go up for trade, Denver should get in mix not only for their own benefit but also to avoid seeing the guy suit up for say the Patsies or even Bolts.

We can not afford to let a weapon like this fall into enemy hands.
Boogerboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #192
Bacchus

Quote:
I don't think he's the best RB in the NFL, he's good but he's also on the downside of his career. Again, I think there is a reason Jacksonville is being cautious about signing him to big contract and its probably because the life of a RB in the NFL is not very long.

I'd love MJD on this team, but I wouldn't go overboard on a trade.
Jacksonville is being cautious not because of his age, which is only 27, three years younger than Mcghee. They are being "cautious" because he still has two years left on his contract. A contract that was front loaded to start with.

No reason why Denver should not do everything they can to get him in here. If it takes more than a 2nd get it done. Look at Denver's first round picks the last 20 years. How many of those would you take over Jones-Drew?
Old 08-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #193
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Haha! I proposed DJ Williams in a trade as a joke. No team is gonna trade for DJ.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #194
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Haha! I proposed DJ Williams in a trade as a joke. No team is gonna trade for DJ.
That may be but you're not the only one......unfortunately
Old 08-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #195
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Jacksonville is being cautious not because of his age, which is only 27, three years younger than Mcghee. They are being "cautious" because he still has two years left on his contract. A contract that was front loaded to start with.

No reason why Denver should not do everything they can to get him in here. If it takes more than a 2nd get it done. Look at Denver's first round picks the last 20 years. How many of those would you take over Jones-Drew?
He was drafted in 2006 and has been ridden hard by the Jags. The reality is, with a young QB like Gabbert the Jags should be doing everything they can to keep MJD around, right?

I just don't think MJD is worth much in trade, not with the mileage he has on his body. It's not like when the Broncos traded Portis who was in his second or third year and in his prime. The Broncos drafted Hillman and we don't even know what this kid can bring to the table. Sure, I'd like MJD but I wouldn't trade the farm for the guy. Not with Hillman being a complete unknown.

Also, there are going to be some RBs who are going to be released from teams before the season starts, so the Broncos have to take that into consideration too.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #196
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
he's under contract. no one from a team not named the jags can talk to him.
Albert Haynesworth and every other high profile FA that ever signed a contract with a new team at 12:01AM is laughing at you.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #197
Drunken.Broncoholic

Hillman may be a complete unknown, but the way things have gone so far that unknown could go the way of Morenos road. Hamstring issues that linger for a long time. I want to see what Hillman can provide too, but I would trade a 2nd and player or other pick for MJD. I wouldn't give up a first though.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #198
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Albert Haynesworth and every other high profile FA that ever signed a contract with a new team at 12:01AM is laughing at you.
That's a little different. Not sure but doesnt new offseason/ seasons start before FA period? Ending a season of the last year of a contract is a bit different than having 2 years left
Old 08-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #199
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
That's a little different. Not sure but doesnt new seasons start before FA period? Ending a season of the last year of a contract is a bit different than having 2 years left
They still talk/collude. And I'm sure Jacksonville will be giving the ok to his agent to gauge the market for him and see what he can work out in a sign and trade. This happens all the time.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #200
kent156
King of the Ants

this sounds like Asante Samuel all over again
kent156 is offline   Reply With Quote