The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #76
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

not sure if he provides a huge production increase over willis and our other RBs (specifically hillman if he pans out at all)
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #77
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'm just going to see how many times Bacchus can reply to his own thread
Seems he is re-incarnated as Mock. I swear someone else used to do that too.

Raiders would offer 2 first round draft picks and then they remembered they don't have much, in that department, to offer.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #78
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post

Raiders would offer 2 first round draft picks and then they remembered they don't have much, in that department, to offer.
Do the Raiders even have two 1sts over the next two years?

It seems like they pissed a lot away for Palmer.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #79
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
not sure if he provides a huge production increase over willis and our other RBs (specifically hillman if he pans out at all)
wat
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #80
Punisher
®WOOOOOO so close you can

Taste it just makes you hungry®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Don't tease me
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:21 AM   #81
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post

Mock? is that good?
Old 08-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #82
Bacchus

Who needs Jones-Drew more than Denver?
1. Jets
2. Giants
3. Packers
4. Pats
5. Dolphins
6. Bengals
7. Lions
8. Saints
9. Indianapolis

That is a lot of competition.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:55 AM   #83
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Who needs Jones-Drew more than Denver?
1. Jets
2. Giants
3. Packers
4. Pats
5. Dolphins
6. Bengals
7. Lions
8. Saints
9. Indianapolis

That is a lot of competition.
If i'm Detroit, no way I'm not getting this deal done. They need him more than we do.
mwill07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:31 AM   #84
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Mock? is that good?

Psycho-cat-stare is 25x more intense than a Bert stare.

(Mock aka watermock has the 2nd most posts on this forum).
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:39 AM   #85
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
If i'm Detroit, no way I'm not getting this deal done. They need him more than we do.
If the Pats, Giants or Packers get him gameover just give them the Lombardi.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:41 AM   #86
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

I agree with "we are in win now mode," but we already have some decent production there at RB. Would it not be better to dangle our 1st rounder for a RT, DT, MLB? RT would improve our run game drastically and allow Manning to carve the defense. Just a thought...
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:05 AM   #87
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I had running-back listed as a need pre-draft and still do. I would think about how healthy Denver's running game really is. Tebow manufactured a lot of yards last year, both by himself and by his presence in the option. Not enough people take that into account when they talk about the run game. Factor in the age and untested youth and Denver's run game could easily be a trainwreck by mid-season, an offensive sputtering-out, if you will, not unlike the consistently crap performance of the defensive line as it heads down the back stretch. MJD is also about as complimentary a back as you can get for Peyton Manning. I doubt Denver can swing him into town for cheap, but Elway and co. should have their eyes peeled, IMO.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:06 AM   #88
extralife
Ring of Famer

guys

it ain't even a question of MJD's being a luxury for us given our pretty decent backfield, it's a question of the cash. yeah, MJD is an upgrade at the position, but even if you can convince people that upgrade is worth a pick or two, you aren't going to convince them that it's worth a pick or two plus 25 million guaranteed
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:08 AM   #89
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
guys

it ain't even a question of MJD's being a luxury for us given our pretty decent backfield, it's a question of the cash. yeah, MJD is an upgrade at the position, but even if you can convince people that upgrade is worth a pick or two, you aren't going to convince them that it's worth a pick or two plus 25 million guaranteed
4 year deal at $30 million with $18 million guaranteed is what I figure. Gitter done!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 04:09 AM   #90
extralife
Ring of Famer

you'll also note the Jags have said **** all. MJD says he'd be "open to a trade" and all of a sudden the mane is convinced he's out the door. it's probably all part of the media BS the agent and the owner seem to be going through, anyway. just a ploy.
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:21 AM   #91
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
you'll also note the Jags have said **** all. MJD says he'd be "open to a trade" and all of a sudden the mane is convinced he's out the door. it's probably all part of the media BS the agent and the owner seem to be going through, anyway. just a ploy.
Well, it's not just the Mane. Heard on the radio that the Broncos have stated they are interested in him so there is smoke lets see if there is a fire.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:43 AM   #92
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Mock? is that good?
It is both an honor and a poke in the eye to be called Mock like.

Mock had the great ability to enrage you (while probably laughing at the fact the he did enrage you) and make you laugh at the same time.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:20 AM   #93
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Jones-Drew would be a massive upgrade on McGahee and would be about as perfect a weapon for Manning as we could ask for, if this is at all a possibility the Broncos need to pursue it.

He'd also be a perfect player for Hillman to try and learn from and hopefully ultimately succeed as our number one back in a few years, while in the meantime being a devastating change of pace guy.

Unfortunately though I think this all just posturing from both sides and Jones Drew will end up signing an extension there in the coming weeks. If I were him I'd be pushing to get out though, he can't have more than three or four years left and if he wants to get a ring he won't do it in Jacksonville.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:37 AM   #94
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

DJ + Moreno.....maybe throw in a conditional 6th to even it out.

Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:48 AM   #95
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Yes do it, MJD is worth a late first 25-32 for sure

Pound for pound dude is the toughest player in the NFL.

Oh and I know Incarcerated Bob is a douche bag but he was right about Manning check out his latest tweet.

"**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Teams have started calling Jags about the availability of MJD so far Broncos seem the most interested #IBN"

again its a ICB rumor so take it how you want it.

also

"Broncos called asked about availability, nothing more right now. Sources in Broncos front office say they will be involved "
Thats awesome! Do it!
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:51 AM   #96
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
wat
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:22 AM   #97
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
I agree with "we are in win now mode," but we already have some decent production there at RB. Would it not be better to dangle our 1st rounder for a RT, DT, MLB? RT would improve our run game drastically and allow Manning to carve the defense. Just a thought...
No. An RB like MJD would have an effect far greater than any of those positions. The only comparable situation that I can think of would be if Fitzgerald suddenly became available.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #98
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
If there is an opportunity to acquire a player like Maurice Jones-Drew to upgrade your team, you do it. Jones-Drew would be a great fit here and would put our offense into one of the top echelons in the NFL. Him and Peyton have a potential of several great seasons ahead of them and would work well together. McGahee was a pleasant surprise for us last season, but he is thirty years old. Though he saved some mileage on his tires when Ray Rice became the man with the Ravens, half of his career has had a YPC average under 4.0 -- with two seasons being outliers that improve his career average barely past that mark. I don't think we will see McGahee put up those kind of numbers again this year. However, those two getting the majority of the rushing action would be just nasty. That would be an incredible running back duo, perhaps the best in the NFL.

I think that when you consider the following ideas on the running situation in Denver:

• McGahee's age and the strong likelihood he won't keep repeating last years efforts
  • That even if Knowshon makes the team this year, he probably isn't going to be on the roster with the cap number he carries on the following season (I believe it's ~ 3.5 million), and unless he balls out I don't see him sticking around on club option come 2015
  • Hillman could turn out to be a great player (and is a great fit for Denver), but he hasn't had any pre-season action yet as a rookie and has a lingering hammy injury
  • Gives us an excuse to get rid of Lance Ball and the rest of the camp fodder

Not to mention that Jones-Drew is going to give you a Pro-Bowl caliber player at the position who has been durable in his NFL career. Hopefully Jack Del Rio goes up to John Elway and tells him that he would be the addition that puts this team over the top. These type of guys don't hit free agency. I know we have other needs on the team, but you make the call and see what they want for him in the first place.

Would I give up a first-rounder? Yep. MJD would have more of an impact than likely any rookie that would be at the bottom quarter of round one. However, I doubt just one first-rounder does it. Just imagine something like this for the next couple of years.

Maurice Jones Drew (27 years old)
Willis McGahee (30 years old)
Ronnie Hillman (20 years old)

Then at some point in time down the road (after McGahee is gone) get another strong inside runner who can get tough yards. Keep a cycle going and keep an area strong. Seriously, it's a John Fox team. You have to have good depth and quality at running back. McGahee-Moreno or McGahee-Hillman or any duo or trio you can come up with doesn't match what Stewart and Williams could do in Carolina, IMHO. I think it's a position on offense where we have potential on now, but is still pretty average.

We can do better. Acquiring Jones-Drew would be tremendous.
This is an outstanding post, it conveys exactly how I feel.

Ironically I suggested this type of move a few months ago on here for a younger almost identical type of back in Matt Forte. And I was told I was building a dream team or to turn Madden off, yet many like this idea... Funny
Old 08-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #99
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

He's had nearly 1000 carries over the last three years alone.

If we could get him for Knowshow and a 3rd, I'd be thrilled. A first and fourth? Too much, IMO.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:32 AM   #100
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

a proven elite talent for an unknown first round possibility (e.g. Moreno or Ayers or Lelie or you name it)?

do it. do it now. do it hard and fast. do it over and over and over again.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote