The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #51
Drunken.Broncoholic

They will not trade him away. I haven't seen anywhere of him saying he refuses to play for the jags. Being "open for a trade" and "I refuse to play for this team" are two different situations.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #52
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
They will not trade him away. I haven't seen anywhere of him saying he refuses to play for the jags. Being "open for a trade" and "I refuse to play for this team" are two different situations.
Him coming out and saying that he is open for a trade is a nice way of saying, get me the hell out of here.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #53
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

If there is an opportunity to acquire a player like Maurice Jones-Drew to upgrade your team, you do it. Jones-Drew would be a great fit here and would put our offense into one of the top echelons in the NFL. Him and Peyton have a potential of several great seasons ahead of them and would work well together. McGahee was a pleasant surprise for us last season, but he is thirty years old. Though he saved some mileage on his tires when Ray Rice became the man with the Ravens, half of his career has had a YPC average under 4.0 -- with two seasons being outliers that improve his career average barely past that mark. I don't think we will see McGahee put up those kind of numbers again this year. However, those two getting the majority of the rushing action would be just nasty. That would be an incredible running back duo, perhaps the best in the NFL.

I think that when you consider the following ideas on the running situation in Denver:

• McGahee's age and the strong likelihood he won't keep repeating last years efforts
  • That even if Knowshon makes the team this year, he probably isn't going to be on the roster with the cap number he carries on the following season (I believe it's ~ 3.5 million), and unless he balls out I don't see him sticking around on club option come 2015
  • Hillman could turn out to be a great player (and is a great fit for Denver), but he hasn't had any pre-season action yet as a rookie and has a lingering hammy injury
  • Gives us an excuse to get rid of Lance Ball and the rest of the camp fodder

Not to mention that Jones-Drew is going to give you a Pro-Bowl caliber player at the position who has been durable in his NFL career. Hopefully Jack Del Rio goes up to John Elway and tells him that he would be the addition that puts this team over the top. These type of guys don't hit free agency. I know we have other needs on the team, but you make the call and see what they want for him in the first place.

Would I give up a first-rounder? Yep. MJD would have more of an impact than likely any rookie that would be at the bottom quarter of round one. However, I doubt just one first-rounder does it. Just imagine something like this for the next couple of years.

Maurice Jones Drew (27 years old)
Willis McGahee (30 years old)
Ronnie Hillman (20 years old)

Then at some point in time down the road (after McGahee is gone) get another strong inside runner who can get tough yards. Keep a cycle going and keep an area strong. Seriously, it's a John Fox team. You have to have good depth and quality at running back. McGahee-Moreno or McGahee-Hillman or any duo or trio you can come up with doesn't match what Stewart and Williams could do in Carolina, IMHO. I think it's a position on offense where we have potential on now, but is still pretty average.

We can do better. Acquiring Jones-Drew would be tremendous.

Last edited by Requiem; 08-21-2012 at 09:31 PM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #54
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Would depend on what Jacksonville wanted in return, but that would be pretty awesome. Especially if the deal is cap friendly for Denver. Could do worse than MJD, McGahee and Hillman behind Peanut Head.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #55
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Do it.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #56
Ronnie Tsunami

Maybe Jones-Drew can the Terrell Davis Peyton needs....
Old 08-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #57
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Do it.
negative rep.
Simply Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #58
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Wish we could trade Teebs again.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #59
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
negative rep.
Hey, are you lurking at CP at all? Pretty hilarious over there today.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #60
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

no, no, no, you do not trade a 1st for MJD and fork over a new contract.
a 2nd maybe, more than likely a 3rd, a player and another pick but not a 1st.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #61
yerner
Ring of Famer

a couple 2nds? kind of comparable to the marshall compensation?
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #62
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
a couple 2nds? kind of comparable to the marshall compensation?
Really? I would rather give up a 1st than two seconds. I'm not sure what the value chart says but it just seems 2 picks are better than one. Especially when 1/2 of the number ones do not even pan out.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #63
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION

Quote:
A little, it's pretty pathetic someone would stoop that low and then try to bow back onto the site.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #64
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
What happened?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #65
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

I'd do it. There is no plan B
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #66
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
What happened?
I'll answer since Hef is currently banging 11 playboy bunnies.

A member of the mod team's Business facebook page was fraudedededed all up, said accused kept denying and denying, suddenly IT savvy administrator links emails and IP's and such to denying poster. It was silly and far too serious to have carried over into real life, but I guess it did. Oh CP...

Last edited by Simply Red; 08-21-2012 at 10:22 PM..
Old 08-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #67
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

2nd for a workhorse rb entering his 7th year plus a player would do it for me! 1st is too high for a rb with so much mileage.
Heyneck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #68
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
What happened?
www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262640
Old 08-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #69
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I just read the first page and my head is spinning...

MDJ is a freak...Not like a single player on this team. He is fast, runs hard, makes people miss and can run over would be tacklers AND he has great hands and can catch a bost load of passes from Manning. Do not forget to mention he can block like no ones business, just ask a juiced up Merriman.

There were a couple knuckleheads that said he is not worth a first round pick.... SERIOUS We wasted the #12 overall pick on slowshon marino and an 18th overall on Ayers. With a straight face I need those same posters to tell me MDJ is not worth more than either of those 2 clowns.

We need this kind of player on the team... BUT his price tag might just be more than we can afford at this time cap wise.

Sign me up for the "Get him at almost any cost" side of the argument.
OBF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #70
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Really? I would rather give up a 1st than two seconds. I'm not sure what the value chart says but it just seems 2 picks are better than one. Especially when 1/2 of the number ones do not even pan out.
i just figure it would require multiple picks. if you're dealing mjd you probably want a package.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:31 PM   #71
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
I just read the first page and my head is spinning...

MDJ is a freak...Not like a single player on this team. He is fast, runs hard, makes people miss and can run over would be tacklers AND he has great hands and can catch a bost load of passes from Manning. Do not forget to mention he can block like no ones business, just ask a juiced up Merriman.

There were a couple knuckleheads that said he is not worth a first round pick.... SERIOUS We wasted the #12 overall pick on slowshon marino and an 18th overall on Ayers. With a straight face I need those same posters to tell me MDJ is not worth more than either of those 2 clowns.

We need this kind of player on the team... BUT his price tag might just be more than we can afford at this time cap wise.

Sign me up for the "Get him at almost any cost" side of the argument.
I think you're right on MJD's value. If they're serious about moving him, they'll get at least a 1st for him. I guess unless he's only got a year left on his contract or something.

I don't think he's the right fit for our situation though. I'm just not sure how cost effective it is to put an elite stud RB behind Peyton Manning. It would be fun to see, but hard to justify.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:31 PM   #72
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Yes do it, MJD is worth a late first 25-32 for sure

Pound for pound dude is the toughest player in the NFL.

Oh and I know Incarcerated Bob is a douche bag but he was right about Manning check out his latest tweet.

"**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Teams have started calling Jags about the availability of MJD so far Broncos seem the most interested #IBN"

again its a ICB rumor so take it how you want it.

also

"Broncos called asked about availability, nothing more right now. Sources in Broncos front office say they will be involved "

Last edited by KevinJames; 08-21-2012 at 11:36 PM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #73
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post

Oh and I know Incarcerated Bob is a douche bag but he was right about Manning check out his latest tweet.

"**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Teams have started calling Jags about the availability of MJD so far Broncos seem the most interested #IBN"

also

"Broncos called asked about availability, nothing more right now. Sources in Broncos front office say they will be involved "

when he got the peyton thing right, a large amount of the media was predicting denver. he pronounced it as done before it actually was, when all signs pointed to denver. hes made a lot of predictions that were dead wrong too.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #74
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Hmmm

Since alot of people think Manning is going to only play 3 years. What would give us a better chance at winning in the next 3 years

MJD for a late 1st or no trade.

This year
MJD or no MJD

Next year
MJD or a rookie

Next year after that
MJD or a 1 year player still developing

If we are playing to win now I think this would be a great move to get MJD.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #75
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post

also

That trade would make the O pretty damn good, though I know how much people love to b**** about the draft so....
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote