The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #901
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
KFC SUCKS
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #902
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Upset because an ill poster hasn't passed on yet followed by anti-semitic comments.....

You're getting the ban hammer again, Karen. Maybe you can learn how to act halfway decently one of these times. I doubt it. Grow the **** up, already. This is like your 19th offense.

Enjoy your vacation. It's going to be a long one.
(This was for Karenin who was banned for an early April post to Crazyhorse and Dr. Broncostein)

Now that he was instantly banned again, is this one going to be a 6 month stint?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #903
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
No. We (and when I say we, I don't just mean KC) think the team surrounding Manning isn't that great.
You mean "not that great" like his Colts teams who were in the playoff's every year & instantly turned into the worst team in the league without him?

Yea...I think we'll be fine.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #904
Rolandftw

Quote:
No. We (and when I say we, I don't just mean KC) think the team surrounding Manning isn't that great.
That's the way I see the rest of the division. Mediocre at best, and if we don't win it then obviously we weren't good enough to be in the conversation for a title.

And the funny thing with a great QB? You don't need the rest of the team to be great to win the big one. A good core around him, gives you a shot.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #905
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I haven't seen ANYONE picking the chiefs, outside of sweaty stinky KC, to win the division. So you got that goin for you.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #906
TennMike

I could see any team winning this division... err... finishing 2nd. Seriously though, after us, what order would they come in? SD chokes, KC doesnt have a QB, OAK is OAK
Old 07-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #907
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I haven't seen ANYONE picking the chiefs, outside of sweaty stinky KC, to win the division. So you got that goin for you.
Because the team picked to win the division the last 2 years has obviously won it...
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #908
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennMike View Post
I could see any team winning this division... err... finishing 2nd. Seriously though, after us, what order would they come in? SD chokes, KC doesnt have a QB, OAK is OAK
I see SD as being the strongest. KC cannot have the injury bug hit them again or it's last place. No idea what Oakland is going to do. Mid year they looked pretty tough then folded bigtime. Dennis Allen could right that ship.

It's pretty much all muddled together with all the teams. And if they are all pretty much the same, I'd rather have Peyton than Rivers Palmer or Cassel.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #909
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Oh my... oh, how I laughed reading this:

http://deadspin.com/5926992/why-your...as-city-chiefs

1. "Let's hire the Battletoad!" When you're evaluating a potential head coaching prospect who has a career record of 26-41, it's usually best to not focus on a single victory that came out of that otherwise horrible record. I think it's very sweet that the Chiefs managed to buck up and foil the Packers' unbeaten season last December, but you don't go planning your goddamn FUTURE around that one serendipitous moment. Romeo Crennel was a good coach that game. For the other 66 games in his career, he's been a ****TY coach. That massive heap of failure tends to override everything else. But no, the Chiefs were just like, "You beat the Packers! OUR NATURAL RIVALS! Here's your contract HERPY DERP DERP."

2. Peyton Hillis will inevitably find a way to piss everyone off. I hate Peyton Hillis, mostly because I drafted Jerome Harrison in my 2010 fantasy draft, figuring he'd continue to play well after hanging 286 yards and three TDs against these same Chiefs in late 2009. Instead, WHITE ANUSFACE here bogarted all the carries, had a great season from some other dick who plucked him off of waivers (it's always some other guy who gets the good waiver pickup), and then spent 2011 going to absolute ****. He nursed injuries. He snubbed kids at charity functions (will no one think of the children?). Then he got his ass run straight out of town. And now Hillis will fulfill the Thomas Jones role of vulturing carries from Jamaal Charles and causing you to shriek WHY IS THAT a-hole ON THE FIELD after Charles helps the Chiefs drive all the way down to the five yard line and is then immediately subbed out. The Chiefs find themselves relying on two Browns castoffs—Crennel and Hillis—to help them win in 2012. Why not add Derek Anderson to the mix, to finish the job? YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

3. Hiring anyone away from the Patriots who is not named Bill Belichick is a ****ing horrible idea. I don't know how many times a Belichick underling has to monkeyfart his way through a new job before NFL people finally say to themselves, "You know what? Maybe Belichick lackeys are terrible at coaching football." Here is the murderer's row of idiots who have taken big jobs after working under the King of All Hobos:

• Charlie Weis
• Romeo Crennel
• Josh McDaniels
• Scott Pioli
• Bill O'Brien
• Eric Mangini

Out of that illustrious group, it will shock you to learn that Weis—of all people—is the only one to compile a winning record since leaving New England. And while O'Brien has yet to coach a game at Penn State, I think it's more than fair to deem his judgment questionable for leaving the NFL to take over a program that now barely exists. Anyone with a brain knew that Penn State was going to have a rotten rest of the decade. And he took the job anyway! What an idiot. The Belichick coaching tree is mighty oak whose leaves are all dead and shriveled. Unless you can lure the MILF Hunter himself away from Foxboro, importing your leadership from New England is a remarkably bad strategy. Denny Green has a more successful coaching tree. I'm not even kidding. And the Chiefs now have Belichick cronies at both head coach AND GM. You won't find a more humorless, paranoid way to go 5-11.

By the way, I'll always be tickled by Joe Posnanski writing this comically fawning piece on Pioli (he only drafts team captains!), only to have Pioli be accused of mentally abusing employees thirteen months later. He builds teams THE RIGHT WAY.

4. Matt Cassel is still there. ANOTHER Patriots castoff! Holy ****, it's like a compulsion at this point. We need to stop the Chiefs from hoarding so many useless items from the Foxboro attic. Otherwise, two years from now, they'll have signed Brian Hoyer and Kyle Arrington and Sammie Morris and Bill O'Brien and you'll need people in Hazmat suits to come clean up the mess because it will reek of mold and fungus and barbecue sauce and REPUGNANT ****ING FAILURE.

5. A Chiefs fan chimes in. Reader Jason R.:

Chiefs Fan here... here are some reasons why the Chiefs suck, though we all still think we are going to the playoffs this year

• Because they let Brandon Carr walk so we would have money to sign Dwayne Bowe to a long term deal. Only now they're gonna let Bowe leave after this season to go to some ****ty team like Miami because they think Jon Baldwin is gonna be a Pro Bowler. Jon Baldwin: the guy who only has 21 catches and 1 touchdown and broke his hand fighting Thomas Jones. Even if Baldwin becomes a Pro Bowler, they ignore the logic that having two Pro Bowl Wide Receivers is better than having one.
• Our biggest triumphs this past offseason was not making Josh McDaniels our offensive coordinator.
• Because of THIS.
• Pioli said he was going to bring in competition for the quarterback, so he signed Brady Quinn
• Oh, and Matt Cassel sucks.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #910
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #911
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

You guys might be interested in this huge post I wrote about how bad Cassel sucks.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261629
Old 07-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #912
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennMike View Post
Oakland is two steps below everyone else. SD, KC and Denver are fairly even with Denver getting the nod.

Denver 9-7
S.D. 9-7
KC 8-8
Oakland 7-9
Old 07-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #913
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bump......

Some people are fans of the Kansas City Chiefs. But many, many more people are NOT fans of the Kansas City Chiefs. This 2012 Deadspin NFL team preview is for those in the latter group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Oh my... oh, how I laughed reading this:

http://deadspin.com/5926992/why-your...as-city-chiefs

1. "Let's hire the Battletoad!" When you're evaluating a potential head coaching prospect who has a career record of 26-41, it's usually best to not focus on a single victory that came out of that otherwise horrible record. I think it's very sweet that the Chiefs managed to buck up and foil the Packers' unbeaten season last December, but you don't go planning your goddamn FUTURE around that one serendipitous moment. Romeo Crennel was a good coach that game. For the other 66 games in his career, he's been a ****TY coach. That massive heap of failure tends to override everything else. But no, the Chiefs were just like, "You beat the Packers! OUR NATURAL RIVALS! Here's your contract HERPY DERP DERP."

2. Peyton Hillis will inevitably find a way to piss everyone off. I hate Peyton Hillis, mostly because I drafted Jerome Harrison in my 2010 fantasy draft, figuring he'd continue to play well after hanging 286 yards and three TDs against these same Chiefs in late 2009. Instead, WHITE ANUSFACE here bogarted all the carries, had a great season from some other dick who plucked him off of waivers (it's always some other guy who gets the good waiver pickup), and then spent 2011 going to absolute ****. He nursed injuries. He snubbed kids at charity functions (will no one think of the children?). Then he got his ass run straight out of town. And now Hillis will fulfill the Thomas Jones role of vulturing carries from Jamaal Charles and causing you to shriek WHY IS THAT a-hole ON THE FIELD after Charles helps the Chiefs drive all the way down to the five yard line and is then immediately subbed out. The Chiefs find themselves relying on two Browns castoffs—Crennel and Hillis—to help them win in 2012. Why not add Derek Anderson to the mix, to finish the job? YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

3. Hiring anyone away from the Patriots who is not named Bill Belichick is a ****ing horrible idea. I don't know how many times a Belichick underling has to monkeyfart his way through a new job before NFL people finally say to themselves, "You know what? Maybe Belichick lackeys are terrible at coaching football." Here is the murderer's row of idiots who have taken big jobs after working under the King of All Hobos:

• Charlie Weis
• Romeo Crennel
• Josh McDaniels
• Scott Pioli
• Bill O'Brien
• Eric Mangini

Out of that illustrious group, it will shock you to learn that Weis—of all people—is the only one to compile a winning record since leaving New England. And while O'Brien has yet to coach a game at Penn State, I think it's more than fair to deem his judgment questionable for leaving the NFL to take over a program that now barely exists. Anyone with a brain knew that Penn State was going to have a rotten rest of the decade. And he took the job anyway! What an idiot. The Belichick coaching tree is mighty oak whose leaves are all dead and shriveled. Unless you can lure the MILF Hunter himself away from Foxboro, importing your leadership from New England is a remarkably bad strategy. Denny Green has a more successful coaching tree. I'm not even kidding. And the Chiefs now have Belichick cronies at both head coach AND GM. You won't find a more humorless, paranoid way to go 5-11.

By the way, I'll always be tickled by Joe Posnanski writing this comically fawning piece on Pioli (he only drafts team captains!), only to have Pioli be accused of mentally abusing employees thirteen months later. He builds teams THE RIGHT WAY.

4. Matt Cassel is still there. ANOTHER Patriots castoff! Holy ****, it's like a compulsion at this point. We need to stop the Chiefs from hoarding so many useless items from the Foxboro attic. Otherwise, two years from now, they'll have signed Brian Hoyer and Kyle Arrington and Sammie Morris and Bill O'Brien and you'll need people in Hazmat suits to come clean up the mess because it will reek of mold and fungus and barbecue sauce and REPUGNANT ****ING FAILURE.

5. A Chiefs fan chimes in. Reader Jason R.:

Chiefs Fan here... here are some reasons why the Chiefs suck, though we all still think we are going to the playoffs this year

• Because they let Brandon Carr walk so we would have money to sign Dwayne Bowe to a long term deal. Only now they're gonna let Bowe leave after this season to go to some ****ty team like Miami because they think Jon Baldwin is gonna be a Pro Bowler. Jon Baldwin: the guy who only has 21 catches and 1 touchdown and broke his hand fighting Thomas Jones. Even if Baldwin becomes a Pro Bowler, they ignore the logic that having two Pro Bowl Wide Receivers is better than having one.
• Our biggest triumphs this past offseason was not making Josh McDaniels our offensive coordinator.
• Because of THIS.
• Pioli said he was going to bring in competition for the quarterback, so he signed Brady Quinn
• Oh, and Matt Cassel sucks.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #914
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I have the slogan for kc's 2012 season: HERPY DERP DERP!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #915
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #916
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Bump.

maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #917
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Bump.

As shocking as it is, Cassel has looked really good so far this year.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #918
Crushisback
Camp fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
You guys might be interested in this huge post I wrote about how bad Cassel sucks.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261629
Nope.
Crushisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:07 AM   #919
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Yeah, and he was 15 for 17 in his last preseason game last year too, a-hole.

Go **** yourself for saying anything positive about Matt Ca-hole.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #920
dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Yeah, and he was 15 for 17 in his last preseason game last year too, a-hole.

Go **** yourself for saying anything positive about Matt Ca-hole.
Sometimes I wonder about you Bob. I really do. And then, you have these magical moments where sanity appears suddenly, but I know the truth. I know that brief moment of sparkly sanity will not stay. It will disappear back into the turd it originally crawled out of only to return just as quickly as it came into existence.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #921
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
Sometimes I wonder about you Bob. I really do. And then, you have these magical moments where sanity appears suddenly, but I know the truth. I know that brief moment of sparkly sanity will not stay. It will disappear back into the turd it originally crawled out of only to return just as quickly as it came into existence.
The movement he needs to become a Bronco fan is on his shoulder.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #922
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Hillis 5 for 11 and a long of 5 yards? Hmmmm
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #923
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Hillis 5 for 11 and a long of 5 yards? Hmmmm
Charles was in beast mode like always
Old 08-20-2012, 12:26 AM   #924
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

I haven't said **** about Cassel that's good since 2010.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #925
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:

Stanzi stood no chance to beat out Quinn

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...beat-out-quinn

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote